The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

sendsb

Just a quick thanks to Ddave for getting the adapter to me before Christmas. It arrived Christmas Eve which is quick as I'm in the uk. Annoyingly I can't use it yet as I have the mother in law around for Christmas and she's here for three days :(

Are there any pictures or videos of the kit in use that I can see? I only bought my Extreme Q last week and bought this kit to go with it not really knowing anything about it apart from it should help to get me more stoned :)

Anyway, thanks again Ddave.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Hi there @sendsb good to see another UK eq ddave owner, iv been using the @DDave kit for 2 months now, and it still kicks the crap out of me every night, I love it.

Which kit did you purchase???

Is the eq your first vape???

Have you checked out the FC uk meet thread,???

Maybe ddave will show up soon...

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Just a quick thanks to Ddave for getting the adapter to me before Christmas. It arrived Christmas Eve which is quick as I'm in the uk. Annoyingly I can't use it yet as I have the mother in law around for Christmas and she's here for three days :(

Are there any pictures or videos of the kit in use that I can see? I only bought my Extreme Q last week and bought this kit to go with it not really knowing anything about it apart from it should help to get me more stoned :)

Anyway, thanks again Ddave.
@sendsb Welcome and thanks for chiming in a letting me know your kit has arrived safely!

Sorry to hear about the mother-in-law. I don't have a mod to fix that... 3-day Tbreak?

Use the pieces of your kit in the same configuration as the stock pieces. Suggested uses included in the paperwork that comes with the kit... (tell me I didn't leave that out? If I did, PM me your email and will get that out to you ASAP!). Will give you advice on best ways to reach the session styles you are seeking.

If you're new to vaping overall, note the effects you get will be cleaner than with combusting. Thee are entire threads on FC and mention of this is most threads as well. The higher the temps you use on the EQ, the heavier the effects. Just watch your ABV... to close to black and you get a campfire/combustion event. We want to avoid this... taste is nasty!

If you run into specific issues or have questions, please feel free to drop by and ask... :rockon:

Happy Holidays!
DDave

Maybe ddave will show up soon...
If I could just fit in one of them Flat Rate USPS shipping boxes, for $25, I'd already be there!!!!

sendsb

Thanks Ddave and Kellya86. I've been vaping for about 4 years now and have had this, an SSV (great but used too much herb), Vapir No 2 (or something, was crap anyway imho) and a Solo which was my main device for most of this time. Solo's held together by tape now so I figured its time to get something new.

I do have the instructions - thanks - just skimmed them when I got them but read them properly now and assembled it as soon as the MIL went to bed. Wacked the Extreme Q up to 260 degrees to get it hot quickly then promptly forgot I'd done that and 10 minutes vaped first DDave bowl at 260 degrees lol. Let me tell you that at 260 it certainly darkens your AVB. It was blacker than black but hadn't combusted and actually, was pretty nice (not that I'll repeat that!).

Have put it away now as no one in my house seems to be going to sleep tonight and are still roaming about. Anyone would think it was Christmas Eve!

Oh and btw, Happy Christmas!

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Man, taking it to 260c is definitely walking the edge!

Don't know where you store your EQ, but the unit definitely doesn't mind being left on and ready. I leave mine at 190-200c all day long. At night, she waits for me at 230c.

Enjoy and Happy Christmas!

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
Last week, I preheated my EQ at 255C, spaced out, packed a cap, and after a long draw. What?? :suspicious: Dark vapor then COMBUSTION :cuss:! After that last accidental combustion episode, I decided to definitely keep my EQ powered and primed at 200C full time. New rule for me, Avoid power ups when you can preheat. Haste can mean waste.
And an afternoon of cleaning glass equipment of smoke smell.:ugh:
Actually springlike in upstate NY. :buzz:Only one light dusting of snow this winter where I'm at. People out biking and bustling around like it's May. Staying home this holiday. Might go out for a X-mas hike if it stays this nice. I've been too much of a houseplant this late fall. Probably will need to burn off the heavy dinner I plan on making for the day. :horse:

EQ has been preheating my bowl and my wand like a champ. Left it plugged in for nearly a week. Having it on when I'm not at work. Both pieces conduct heat very well and I have a large 19mm that sit above that which itself has a lot of volume before going through another large wand and a few more adapters. Then to my hose and duel perc which sets comfortably on my desk. Have quite a tall and wide tower of glass going to my perc. The 19mm is easy to clutch and pull the wand out for changing out caps. Like how I imagine a Verdamper works with it's heat gun. Oh! :cool:I just went to their website just now and read the literature.

"This vaporizer is the result of many adjustments and further developments. The combination of a heating element and robust glass make for the ultimate vaporizer. It vaporizes the active substances in herbs at 200°C (392°F)"

200C? Why that is my target Extraction temp and most EQers here.:nod: And I have the option to use a fan with a remote. A $55 dollar duel perk + an EQ + glass mods > Verdamper? Plus my setup is modular and my EQ can sit a few feet below my desk. With the water piece being able to slide around on my desk. (Although I broke a different glass piece earlier doing just that.:doh:)

After the perk drops down. 4 inches of tubing and the whip setup. The whip is my fav hookah tip with the DDave 14mm wand and some silicone tubing magic.
That's where the design for comfort comes into play. Easy to pick up and set down while say writing FC posts. :D

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I think 200 is the target on the eq because is equates to an genuine 185 -190 at the herb, which is about the sweet spot for getting all the thc without going hot enough to release benzene and other undesirables....

When I was researching vaping, 185 came up alot as the 'right' temp to vape...

Edit: the 3 year old is down and out...
Victory to the eq,, which has been running now at 200 for 18 hours. Gonna give it one more adapter full and watch new star wars, again...

Dremor

Hey, @DDave or antother with his mods, i looked over your Ebay-Shop, but, if i wanna buy one of your Mod-packs. 14 or 18mm ?
I don´t use a pipe/bubbler/etc....then i think it doesen´t matter ?

@kellya86 do you let your green inside Elbow/Bowl in Times that you dont use it ? Or do you stash it in that time an refill later ?

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I don't use water, it matters even more in my opinion. You have no water buffering your experience so it's all down to the glass.

@Dremor I'm not too sure on your question again....

When using my eq I will either to a single hit elbow pack...

Or load the cyclone bowl and vape a larger amount over a longer period time. Up to an hour...having a big draw every 5-7 minutes,

Dremor

Hehe, yeah. I can read everything, but to write, that's another thing.
But your post was , i hope , the right answer.

I try one more time to explain it :D
I pack an Elbow. The amount lasts for 2 bags. I take the first, the next probably 1 or 2 Hours later.
Should i leave the green in the Elbow or put it out till next session.

But if i read your post above i think i should pack less and Problem is solved.

Thanks for your patience:tup:

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Hey, @DDave or antother with his mods, i looked over your Ebay-Shop, but, if i wanna buy one of your Mod-packs. 14 or 18mm ?
I don´t use a pipe/bubbler/etc....then i think it doesen´t matter ?

@Dremor
Hi, Regarding the 14mm or 18mm kits, they will work with or without water tools. It is the size of the F/F adapter that replaces the stock cyclone bowl and the associated components used on that side of the whip. The 18mm kit is the more powerful of the two kits. The 14mm tends towards the conservative use category. Each kit, 14 & 18, come with a short and tall adapter. The shorter being more powerful, quicker extractions...The taller for slower, flavorful sessions.

Hope this helps! If more questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Modnote: Edited to remove reply from quote tags

Last edited by a moderator:

CuckFumbustion

@CuckFumbustion you gotta get us some pictures of your set up man. I follow your posts but still have a hard time imagining what the end product looks like
Sorry to frustrate you with my constant work in progress.:science: My EQ setup is pretty modular, plus I refashion broken pieces, Like turning my stock EQ elbows into 18mm plugs for example. I do try to list what pieces that I purchase with images and sources and what I think of them. Here is some picks of the all-star glass below. I even gave some of them nicknames for you. :haw: (@Nugg, you can canonize my duel perc and give it a name if you like.) So, allow me to paint you a picture of my Daily Driver of the week there.

Latest setup. The Duel bladed lightsaber. My 19mm Large thick adapter AKA 'Tubby'(below) has a wand on each end. An 18mm wand (From the early DDave Kit below. AKA 'Extra Width') My downstem wand AKA the d-wand ('D-wand ' works great as a stay hot wand :tup:. My Daily driver ). All that goes in my Short F/F(below) 'Shortie'

I have another F/F, my other 'Shortie' that I attached to a broken EQ that I sanded down. Forgot about that EQ's 18mm and generic 18mm are different in shape.:doh:
Well, They fused together and became the perfect whip hose adapter. :nod: So that is attached to 2 feet of hose which is attached to my bubbler (below). I broke the top off the per a week after I had it. So the hose, the fused adapter AKA 'FUSE' and the perc are one.

Notice the output of perc drops down. So i have 6 inches of hose attached to my 14mm wand (below;) in the @DDave kit.) And a small round glass hookah tip that I'm fond of. The hole and draw from it is nice. :peace:
$_1.JPG
s-l140.jpg
s-l140.jpg
s-l140.jpg

CuckFumbustion

:lol: Looks like you are ready for a little game time with the Commodore there @Dr. Soxhlet. Duel disk drives? You must vaping and playing an earlier version of Castle Wolfenstein right now. :D
commodore-joystick.jpg
Just how old is the EQ anyway? I found this clip taken from some videotape about the EQ. I'm guessing well before FC, Before @DDave. Perhaps before proper mods. OLD SCHOOL!!

Last edited:

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Looks like you are ready for a little game time with the Commodore there @Dr. Soxhlet. Duel disk drives? You must vaping an earlier version of Castle Wolfenstein right now. :D
commodore-joystick.jpg
Just how old is the EQ anyway? I found this clip taken from some videotape about the EQ. I'm guessing well before FC, Before @DDave. OLD SCHOOL!!

@CuckFumbustion

I think the EQ (first release) has been around since late 2009/early 2010. Will have to research to see about the VTower.

CuckFumbustion

@CuckFumbustion

I think the EQ (first release) has been around since late 2009/early 2010. Will have to research to see about the VTower.
Always felt as if it could have been around longer for some reason. The earlier version has a certain look to it, like it would sit comfortably on a Commodore back in the day. While some mad EQ scientist has an apparatus plugged to it while writing code. (Wolfenstein around 2009 BTW. ;))

Closest thing i could find regarding any EQ history.
[vaporpedia link removed due to malware]

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine
:lol: Looks like you are ready for a little game time with the Commodore there @Dr. Soxhlet. Duel disk drives? You must vaping and playing an earlier version of Castle Wolfenstein right now.

Actually that is part of my remaining Commodore inventory from our brick and morter store that we operated for 16 years, I still have perhaps a 100 disk drives, although most need alignment.
I also have a massive amount of Commodore stuff in my own collection and hope to get it all going again someday.
My EQ is the newer version, but is still over five years old at this point.

Top Bottom