The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

joker

Alright so I tried a balloon sober now to compare to yesterdays whip. I let it heat at 10 min at 200, then put it back to 195. I put in the weed and waited for 2 minutes and filled it with fan on 1.

The high was alright but nothing compared to the whip.. am I doing something wrong? I got way more vapor than on the whip though.. 1 hit was more than all 10 hits on the whip combined (not using elbow packing)

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I think it's just how it is from my experience, the whip is just so much harder hitting. I can fill a bag with the thickest vapour, it still won't compare to the whip.
I also think that a cyclone bowl hits harder than an elbow pack, if loaded properly, In my experience.

MoltenTiger

I have seen that look on a few peoples faces when I would whip out a piece of glass to smoke from & I don't have particularly nice glass. That said I have smoked & seen too many smoked like this.....

tumblr_lgkdnwkAM51qermz4o1_500.jpg

I should also add I have not combusted cannabis in at least six months now & have no intention of ever doing so. In fact for most of my friends their first vaporizer exposure is with Arizer through me. They think I am a weed scientist :lol:. I love whipping out a few bags from the EQ if I am having a BBQ to share around the table. It usually ends well for people who may not have used weed in years.

Combusting and its noxious effects are so incredibly bad!
It's crazy to think back to some of the 'bilsons' I've smoked through, so putrid - with sludge for water... it's fucked. Australia needs less meth use, and less Powerade-bonza cone heads. Both lifestyles are literally a recipe for retardation and are extremely prevalent.

I've just used my EQ for the first time in almost a few days with some delicious fruit punch and its the best thing, pretty much a life saver. I was thinking about taking 50 hits (with help) from two identical big glass bongs I have by combusting with tobacco (cones) and by using the EQ (sans taxed-to-hell tobacco) and then showing the progress to compare the resin build up using promotional imagery. We're onto a good thing and I think spreading the word is important.

It'd be really interesting to look at the chemical composition of either cloud-type post and pre exhale. Proof is fundamental but in the mean time the anecdotal evidence should be seen. Fuck combustion.

joker

I think it's just how it is from my experience, the whip is just so much harder hitting. I can fill a bag with the thickest vapour, it still won't compare to the whip.
I also think that a cyclone bowl hits harder than an elbow pack, if loaded properly, In my experience.

Yeah.. I filled the bowl with 0.2 gram containing lots of thc (the last bit in the grinder)

I do get decent vapor now at 195-200 degrees. I cought my lungs out unfortunately.. it hurts quite a bit in my throat/lungs.

I just figured out the proper way to inhale and get good vapor.. I just did it wrong all this time. I used to breathe in the smoke in my mouth the in hale but it doesn't really work that way. When I just breathe in normally but then vape I produce a nice cloud. Don't know if I'm getting more stoned than yesterday where I had no vapor at all but again still.. insanely stoned again.

It does hurt my throat and lungs too so.. not sure if this is even the good way to go. As yesterday it worked great with no vapor or effect on throat/lungs at all.

Last edited:

MoltenTiger

Could anyone with the capacity do a little comparison between a dab and a kiff-packed elbow?
Kief hits with the EQ have put me to places I haven't been able to get to even with hash after a month t-break.. Probably not as stoned but crazy high for ages. It's especially noticeable out in public, super inebriating :ko:

joker

Could anyone with the capacity do a little comparison between a dab and a kiff-packed elbow?
Kief hits with the EQ have put me to places I haven't been able to get to even with hash after a month t-break.. Probably not as stoned but crazy high for ages. It's especially noticeable out in public, super inebriating :ko:

Kief is the last bit of the weed? I was just smoking and getting also really.. on a different planet.. it feels like edibles again like yesterday. It's like every second I'm twice as stoned as before. But still the best of all my dry mouth is gone. It was driving me crazy for months I had the worst dry mouth imaginable. Could never even sleep or eat because of it.

Also I had really bad couch lock. It's strange while sitting down I feel the same heavy stoned like with normal joints and feel I can't get up but when I stand up I realize I'm free and I don't weigh 500 kilos anymore.

Last edited:

MoltenTiger

@joker yeah, the case that rolled me the hardest yet was when I discovered I had a small mountain of trichomes from a 4-piece (Kief) and packed half the stash (which was from many strains) pretty densely into the elbow screen. It was super powerful. Possibly got to a proper 10, and yeah there was a decent climb, with body sweats and nearly a headache from being so high. A few of these does induce a headache which I later found out, but I've never had the chance to have a hit that big again :science:
It gave off thick clouds for about 4 lung fulls, and had whisps for two more.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
@joker, you can take smaller hits. If you hurting your lungs and throat then you are taking too much. It's not all about clouds. They are, in fact, wastfull. For that cloud of vapour you see is a mix of thc, terps and flavs, that would have been better absorbed into your lungs and bloodstream, respectively.

So it's more efficient to strip off active compounds slower, allowing it to absorb into your lungs.

But fuck it, we all like clouds and vaping is so much more efficient than smoking, who cares. I'm still getting higher than iv ever been on less iv ever seen.

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
Alright so I tried a balloon sober now to compare to yesterdays whip. I let it heat at 10 min at 200, then put it back to 195. I put in the weed and waited for 2 minutes and filled it with fan on 1.

The high was alright but nothing compared to the whip.. am I doing something wrong? I got way more vapor than on the whip though.. 1 hit was more than all 10 hits on the whip combined (not using elbow packing)
Nothing wrong in your method. Especially good that you are pre-heating everything. Are you elbow/tip packing or cyclone/bowl?

I tend to check the temp of the outside of the glass before running the fan also. Since maintaining constant heat while running the fan helps with vapor extraction. Also the type of grind and how well of an elbow/tip pack helps with results. If you are using the standard EQ elbow and cyclone then preheat the glass even more. Consider going 10C higher to achieve that 200C range you are aiming for. Or play around more to find the zone.

Having medium level white cloud is fine, if you have it gaseous and not weak dissipated vapor. 200c range vapor seems to be gassier and less cloud forming. Or say the type to form the white streaks of higher temps. Kind of more appropriate for bags, IMO.:2c: Fan 1 is good for this. But Fan 3 can work when everything else clicks.

I did get the Vape Bags from Puffitup.com. Also took the broken EQ elbow piece and some silicone tubing magic and made a balloon with an 18mm male end. :science:
My personal EQ-uation is my short F/F. DDave kit 18mm wand or my downstem wand, small silicone plug, balloon PVC adapter.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon

Speaking of kief elbows I am just having a whopper right now myself & went a bit greedy. I am really hoping for one of "those" moments as I also had a big cup of naughty milk about 6 hours ago (that I forgot about until I just typed that).

P.S: taking a kief rip until you see stars & become a fire breathing dragon on exhale is highly recommended.

Last edited:

TomC1315

Quite happy with the way the EQ is filling bags using some new gear from Dave and Arizer ...

DDave's Original Adapter is great ... I liked the stock cyclone bowl, but, DDave's bowl is better IMO - the screen stays perfectly in place and the ABV empties easily.

When used in combination with Arizer's new all-glass mini whip, I get almost complete extraction for small (.1g to .15g) amounts - a second bag yields virtually no vapor to speak of.

The rubber screw protectors (@ Home Depot, etc.) that I've been using with the stock Arizer glass tips fit the new all-glass gear.

While I'm thrilled with the performance of my portable Air, the bags from the EQ are awesome.

MIg0ZnW.jpg
MIg0ZnW.jpg
MIg0ZnW.jpg

Last edited:

Treeburner

Today I finally tried steaming hot water in my vapor bong, and I see now why hot water was recommended for vapor. When hot enough to fog the glass, the hot water adds lots of moisture to the vapor, making it much easier on the throat and lungs.

I miss the chilly, cooling draw of pulling the vapor through cold water and ice, but hot really is more comfortable to vape! I stand corrected.

-Treeburner

CuckFumbustion

Did 3 things at CFRLB. Going to be gone awhile when Fallout 4 comes out. So, I have to prepare my vault in the meantime.

Perhaps not a smart idea initially. Let's just call it an experiment for now. :haw: But I got a little frustrated with making bags work with things that stretch with this and that. LSS, Well I took a cyclone bowl and placed a vape bag on the outside of it. Like it was an ultra wide balloon adapter. The inside of the cyclone bowl being the airpath to the bag. :nod: Since the inside of the bag and the outside of the glass were already touching each other, I patched some duct tape on the outside of the bag to hold it in place. (The clamp came in real handy for this operation BTW, @DDave. It was like a third hand holding the bag in place while I ready-ed myself.:lol:) Then rolled a long piece of Duct tape around the outside where the mouth of the bag overlaps the cyclone bowl to seal the deal. Get er dun. son.:tup:

I will come up with a more food safe solution. But the duct tape is entirely on the outside of the bag and merely doing it's job holding the vape bag around the cyclone bowl. The bag fills up in about 1 1/2 minutes on Fan 3. I can now fill a bag, remove it from the EQ and attach it to directly my water tool afterwards, and empty the bag in 4 draws with no waiting. :rockon:

Made a balloon filler too. Took my 18mm straight wand, a broken end of EQ elbow and some silicone tubing. Now the top of the wand can be fitted with anything 18mm.
The adapter end even is tilted at the same angle as the EQ mini-whip. But for me the wand is the mini-whip, man. :brow: Sometimes, I will keep the bag attached to the wand. Pull the wand from the EQ and place it in all ready cooled whip end (in this case another cyclone bowl) and then draw from the cooler end like it was a piece pipe. Then remove the wand from the whip end, clean the tip hat/elbow screen, repeat the heat with the wand back in the EQ. A lot less fuss and hardware required.

3rd thing, I'm trying. I have placed 'coasters' underneath each leg of the EQ so it stands a little taller, with stability in mind. More available airflow underneath, This might help keep some particles from entering the fan.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I too raise my eq a bit higher to improve air flow. I also keep it on marble which is always cold to the touch. Maybe this cools the surrounding air at the fan intake. In my mind. No evidence to back this up.

CuckFumbustion

I too raise my eq a bit higher to improve air flow. I also keep it on marble which is always cold to the touch. Maybe this cools the surrounding air at the fan intake. In my mind. No evidence to back this up.
At the very least, you are thinking about it.;) I have a few discarded tiles (from Italy) that would be good platform for that purpose.

Earlier today, I goofed and had a round glass filter fall inside my EQ and had to do a rescue. :doh: & :o.Hopped to it and placed a felt cloth on my desk. The felt cloth being a Crown Royal bag. :haw: Unplugged the fully cooled unit and placed it upside down on the felt cushion, to protect the cap end. Removed the rubber caps. Took my favorite Phillips head screwdriver with the slightly magnetic tip and unscrewed each screw. Still nervous about doing this, even though it's only 4 screws. Rescued the glass, brushed out the inside of the fan onto a piece of paper, (because why not?) and had it powered up in less than 10m. Whew! I did cheat and use a toothpick to align one of the holes between the inner and outer disks and the base unit. Then thread the screw in the opposite hole. :D These are plastic parts and I try not to wear or bear down when placing the screws back. :peace:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I can strip and rebuild my eq with milatry precision now. Like a marine and his rifle. Have done it 10+times in the last month. Mainly for educational purposes. Iv been playing with different heater configurations. As in how high the ceramic element sits in comparison to the glass cover and also the heater mesh. You would be surprised how much better I have made my eq.

Iv come to the conclusion that all eq's are different depending on who put the heater together. A 1mm difference can make a hell of alot of difference. To the point of combustion. I have now come up with the perfect set up and my eq now performs very well. But still won't combust. Iv also noticed that heat covers from different places have different heat soak properties. I found the one from namastevapes to be especially poor quality and poor performance.

Does anyone know of an official arizer supplier to buy OEM parts from in the uk? I don't want pattern parts.

Last edited:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I stripped my EQ for the first time ever & I have had it since Jan 2013. Surprisingly little dust & weed particles but I gave everything a good brush down. Gotta say it was very easy to do & any user with a jewelers screwdriver & 2 brain cells can do it :nod:

Two things I noticed though, one cosmetic & one potentially more serious. The black ribbed cap has developed small cracks & I understand that is pretty usual in a 3 year old EQ. When I took apart the heating unit I noticed the top of the ceramic rod had a circular crack around the top. That had also cracked across top & had broken away. I reassembled it & all the parts fitted flush + if it was to lose heat anywhere it would be directly up into the air path anyways :shrug:

Regardless my elbow baskets are spent far more rapidly now & although the vapor does not seem to be any thicker or richer it certainly finishes them with fewer draws.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
@Nugg, I found my perfect setup (with an official arizer OEM heater cover), was to have the centre(top) of the mesh to be just a tiny bit above the top of the glass. And have the bottom of the ground glass section about 2mm above the top of the black plastic housing. The mesh must be in contact with the ceramic element. It's hard to describe. I will strip my eq tonight and post some pics of potential setups. You can basicly 'overclock' your eq by moving the position of the cover and element. There is not one definitive correct position. There is a level of tolerance that can be exploited. 1mm make alot of difference.

Ok

so a lot of great stuff in this thread,
here is my current vaping "strategy" please provide feedback to help me get the most of my vape! oh and i am looking into the adaptor bong method I am reading about so until i have those parts

I heat up bowl at 190C for 10 mins ,

I put in green 3/4 full (is full considered to top of see through part of bowl ( i assume so ) )
at 180C and wait a min or two then fill a bag

then 183C

then 186 C

should i be doing lower or higher temps ?
more or less green in bag ?

i always seem to get loads of vapor so i never tried the elbow method

oh and thank you everyone for your help sorry just vaped haha highhh right now but i appreciate any replies !

Last edited by a moderator:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Do you exclusively use bags? If so I think you should switch to whip for a harder hitting session.

I am probably one of the few people who would agree that the cyclone is better than an elbow pack. I could certainly produce nicer vapour from the cyclone.
I say 'could' because now I use the ddave kit.

I have question for all eq owners that have NEVER opened their eq.

Is your heater dead centre?

If you put a standard cyclone bowl on, (more accurate circle than aftermarket or hand made), you can gauge it easier.

Mine was never dead centre from start and it really annoyed me. Now that I've reassembled my eq with love it is dead centre and working better.

Last edited:

hweezi

formally cwheezy

I tend to go for the EQ way more than the Nano lately.

Something just a little more satisfying after a long stressful day at work.

^ That definitely feels like a dab so I don't feel the need to be purchasing concentrates. Give me some pink kush, sprinkle of kief, my EQ and I'm good to go.

Treeburner

Do you exclusively use bags? If so I think you should switch to whip for a harder hitting session.

I am probably one of the few people who would agree that the cyclone is better than an elbow pack. I could certainly produce nicer vapour from the cyclone.
I say 'could' because now I use the ddave kit.

I have question for all eq owners that have NEVER opened their eq.

Is your heater dead centre?

If you put a standard cyclone bowl on, (more accurate circle than aftermarket or hand made), you can gauge it easier.

Mine was never dead centre from start and it really annoyed me. Now that I've reassembled my eq with love it is dead centre and working better.

My heater is centered, but the heater assembly has a bit of a wobble to it. Can the wobble be removed by opening and tightening everything up?

-Treeburner

Top Bottom