The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

kellya86

Herb gardener...
The heater assembly should only have a very small amount of play in it. You should not be able to rock it back and forth, due to the way it is constructed, there will always be a very small amount of moverment due to the insulation sleeve that is clamped between the plastic housing and the glass. I would say you should have no more than 1mm movement at the top of the heater.

Last edited:
Do you exclusively use bags? If so I think you should switch to whip for a harder hitting session.

I am probably one of the few people who would agree that the cyclone is better than an elbow pack. I could certainly produce nicer vapour from the cyclone.
I say 'could' because now I use the ddave kit.

I have question for all eq owners that have NEVER opened their eq.

Is your heater dead centre?

If you put a standard cyclone bowl on, (more accurate circle than aftermarket or hand made), you can gauge it easier.

Mine was never dead centre from start and it really annoyed me. Now that I've reassembled my eq with love it is dead centre and working better.
I will try the whip,
from reading online whip and elbow pack method is what i am trying now,
packing elbow
preheated hot to touch 10 mins at 190,
then put in for 2 mins at 182 with packed elbow then turn whip fan to 3 and inhale

should i have fan less, i dont get a thick vapor like i see posted online or in my bags but my exhales are very nice and defo hitting me hard

kellya86

Herb gardener...
No fan, or just fan 1 for 2 seconds at the start just to get things going. The more fan you use, the more you dilute your vapour with air.

And with the whip you want long, slow draws, you should be able to see the vapour steaming through the elbow.

sk8man121

Frozen_Vaporent
Hi folks!

Longtime lurker, first time poster, and new to both the Extreme Q and the DDave mod I purchased to go along with it!

First, let me say to the community that I'm highly impressed with Dave's awesomeness. I ordered the 14mm "conservation" kit from him via eBay, which was shipped quickly and he was not only extremely communicative, but nice enough to throw in both an extra "tall" adapter and an extra 14mm male wand that I'm able to interface with my pinnacle water tool, which seems to be working out fabulously.

I have a couple of questions:

1.) Given this setup, how would you recommend using the device for best effect?

2.) I'd like to purchase a proper bubbler on DHGate (Sunshine Store, preferably, as I like the look of their work), but I find that they all have 18mm joins, and I would have to interface with the 14mm male wand at the end of my whip. Thoughts on what to purchase?

Thanks guys! Any quick tips re: this whole setup would be very helpful as well!

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine
Hi folks!

Longtime lurker, first time poster, and new to both the Extreme Q and the DDave mod I purchased to go along with it!

First, let me say to the community that I'm highly impressed with Dave's awesomeness. I ordered the 14mm "conservation" kit from him via eBay, which was shipped quickly and he was not only extremely communicative, but nice enough to throw in both an extra "tall" adapter and an extra 14mm male wand that I'm able to interface with my pinnacle water tool, which seems to be working out fabulously.

I have a couple of questions:

1.) Given this setup, how would you recommend using the device for best effect?

2.) I'd like to purchase a proper bubbler on DHGate (Sunshine Store, preferably, as I like the look of their work), but I find that they all have 18mm joins, and I would have to interface with the 14mm male wand at the end of my whip. Thoughts on what to purchase?

Thanks guys! Any quick tips re: this whole setup would be very helpful as well!
Maybe this would help:
http://www.dhgate.com/product/10-st...4-18-8-male/255871481.html#s1-4-1b|3040232874

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker

@sk8man121 Welcome to the FC forum and EQ family!

Thank you for your kind words and I'm glad to hear you like the kit!

I'd like to purchase a proper bubbler on DHGate (Sunshine Store, preferably, as I like the look of their work), but I find that they all have 18mm joins, and I would have to interface with the 14mm male wand at the end of my whip. Thoughts on what to purchase?
With your EQ, did you receive two Arizer elbows? If you did, you have he pieces necessary to connect the kit to an 18mm water tool.

arizerglasselbowadapter.jpg

Just remove the screen from the elbow to avoid extra restriction. Put this piece on the other end of your whip opposite the wand, then insert the elbow into the water tool, like the one pictured below.

Works great with this or anything else with an 18mm female connector...

http://www.dhgate.com/product/d020-bubbler-hand-blown-glass-vase-perc-water/175832535.html
D020%20bubbler%20bong%20hand%20blown%20glass%20bubbler%20perc%20water%20percolator%20smoking%20color%20pipe%20two%20functions.jpg

:rockon:

sk8man121

Frozen_Vaporent

With your EQ, did you receive two Arizer elbows? If you did, you have he pieces necessary to connect the kit to an 18mm water tool.

Just remove the screen from the elbow to avoid extra restriction. Put this piece on the other end of your whip opposite the wand, then insert the elbow into the water tool, like the one pictured below.

Hi @DDave! I'm going to go ahead and admit that I fucked up royally by throwing this adapter away because I had originally thought I wouldn't need it due to switching from stock items to your mod. Thoughts on the best way to proceed given this mishap?

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Hi Dave! I'm going to go ahead and admit that I fucked up royally by throwing this adapter away because I had originally thought I wouldn't need it due to switching from stock items to your mod. Thoughts on the best way to proceed given this mishap?
Oh man! On the bright side, you can now order whatever interface you like to connect to a water tool.

There are Arizer elbows available all over ebay. There are other whip adapters as well (though tougher to find as they get mixed in with entire whips).

Or get a water tool with a 14mm interface and use the double wanded whip approach...

(Humor intended) Another idea, although may be remote... Let a friend demo your modded EQ. When he falls in love with it and orders his, he will have two elbow adapters... convince him to give you one and I'll throw in a free extra wand in his mod kit as well! :rockon:

sk8man121

Frozen_Vaporent
Or get a water tool with a 14mm interface and use the double wanded whip approach...

(Humor intended) Another idea, although may be remote... Let a friend demo your modded EQ. When he falls in love with it and orders his, he will have two elbow adapters... convince him to give you one and I'll throw in a free extra wand in his mod kit as well! :rockon:

@DDave Ahh not a bad idea! Slim chance, but we'll see if I can upsell this thing :)

I think my best bet would be to continue the wand to wand approach so i don't have to switch things out, and then buy a 14mm female to 18mm female adapter. Thoughts?

Also, as far as hitting the wand dry, is it cool to just use the 14mm wand you sent that I have attached for the hydratube as a mouthpiece, or should I purchase something different for this purpose?

Thoughts on temps for both wet and dry?

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
I think my best bet would be to continue the wand to wand approach so i don't have to switch things out, and then buy a 14mm female to 18mm female adapter. Thoughts?
Absolutely. The most impact to performance comes from the EQ/adapter/wand end of the equation. While the length of the whip and other items on the other side of things impact, it is to far less a degree. (except when you compare dry vs. water tool)..

Also, as far as hitting the wand dry, is it cool to just use the 14mm wand you sent that I have attached for the hydratube as a mouthpiece, or should I purchase something different for this purpose?
The 14mm wand can absolutely be used as a mouthpiece. I'd avoid using a screen in it, as it may clog quickly being away from the heat source though.

Thoughts on temps for both wet and dry?
Absolutely personal preference here. But if you like the more heavy, sedating effects of high temp vaping, water tools definitely play a great part in smoothing things out..

edit: (Humorous Note: I just noticed I really like the word Absolutely!) :rockon:

ryanlaghost

Did 3 things at CFRLB. Going to be gone awhile when Fallout 4 comes out. So, I have to prepare my vault in the meantime.

Perhaps not a smart idea initially. Let's just call it an experiment for now. :haw: But I got a little frustrated with making bags work with things that stretch with this and that. LSS, Well I took a cyclone bowl and placed a vape bag on the outside of it. Like it was an ultra wide balloon adapter. The inside of the cyclone bowl being the airpath to the bag. :nod: Since the inside of the bag and the outside of the glass were already touching each other, I patched some duct tape on the outside of the bag to hold it in place. (The clamp came in real handy for this operation BTW, @DDave. It was like a third hand holding the bag in place while I ready-ed myself.:lol:) Then rolled a long piece of Duct tape around the outside where the mouth of the bag overlaps the cyclone bowl to seal the deal. Get er dun. son.:tup:

I will come up with a more food safe solution. But the duct tape is entirely on the outside of the bag and merely doing it's job holding the vape bag around the cyclone bowl. The bag fills up in about 1 1/2 minutes on Fan 3. I can now fill a bag, remove it from the EQ and attach it to directly my water tool afterwards, and empty the bag in 4 draws with no waiting. :rockon:

Made a balloon filler too. Took my 18mm straight wand, a broken end of EQ elbow and some silicone tubing. Now the top of the wand can be fitted with anything 18mm.
The adapter end even is tilted at the same angle as the EQ mini-whip. But for me the wand is the mini-whip, man. :brow: Sometimes, I will keep the bag attached to the wand. Pull the wand from the EQ and place it in all ready cooled whip end (in this case another cyclone bowl) and then draw from the cooler end like it was a piece pipe. Then remove the wand from the whip end, clean the tip hat/elbow screen, repeat the heat with the wand back in the EQ. A lot less fuss and hardware required.

3rd thing, I'm trying. I have placed 'coasters' underneath each leg of the EQ so it stands a little taller, with stability in mind. More available airflow underneath, This might help keep some particles from entering the fan.

I'm walking the wasteland as medicated as one can be :) I give all my hard hitters to mama murph lol

Treeburner

I jinxed myself today by reading through the "broken glass" thread.

I was sitting in the basement, having just packed and preheated my 18mm DDave short bowl, and proceeded to take a few rips through the bong. I heard my cat yelling at the top of the stairs, so I set the bong down next to the EQ to get my kitty. All of a sudden, BANG, the bong tips over, and with the adapter in the bong it pulled the EQ off the table, which landed wand-first!

Devastated, I trudged over, picking up the now empty EQ and bong, and inspected to determine the extent of the damage. And wouldn't ya know it, not a single crack or scratch on anything, vape or bong!

Got seriously lucky and will try to be more careful in the future, but I'm just so happy my favorite vape survived it's first fall!

-Treeburner

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

Works great with this or anything else with an 18mm female connector...

http://www.dhgate.com/product/d020-bubbler-hand-blown-glass-vase-perc-water/175832535.html
D020%20bubbler%20bong%20hand%20blown%20glass%20bubbler%20perc%20water%20percolator%20smoking%20color%20pipe%20two%20functions.jpg

That D 020 is so useful for a lot of vaporizer's.

Tomorrow is Q day!

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Wish I had the same luck @Treeburner :). Just got home after a 4 hour drive with a shocking hangover & managed to knock my EQ off my coffee table while it was preheating. I could see my 18mm F/F was a broken shell of the formerly piece of hot glAss I once possessed.

After a quick disassemble & rebuild it appears the heater cover has not cracked & everything is hunky dory! I am trying it with the cyclone bowl & elbow packs this afternoon. I seem to be getting great clouds at 230.

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
I'm walking the wasteland as medicated as one can be :) I give all my hard hitters to mama murph lol
Haven't helped Mama Murphy with her quest yet.:lol: But when I set up the EQ for a session, I do think of the gun mods menu in Fallout 4.

Just ordered this '18mm Glass Double Showerhead Recycler Perc Ashcatcher ash filter 90*' from Ebay. Hope it is a legit seller and that I can tell you how much I like the piece when it arrives. It looks an 18mm opening and throat from top to the two showerheads with plenty of vapor room at the top of the chamber. Not sure if I can do anything special with the 18mm male end other than attach a whip.:hmm: I did buy the last one from this seller and hope it isn't being delivered from china.
plasma-pistol.jpg
$_1.JPG

Treeburner

Haven't helped Mama Murphy with her quest yet.:lol: But when I set up the EQ for a session, I do think of the gun mods menu in Fallout 4.

Just ordered this '18mm Glass Double Showerhead Recycler Perc Ashcatcher ash filter 90*' from Ebay. Hope it is a legit seller and that I can tell you how much I like the piece when it arrives. It looks an 18mm opening and throat from top to the two showerheads with plenty of vapor room at the top of the chamber. Not sure if I can do anything special with the 18mm male end other than attach a whip.:hmm: I did buy the last one from this seller and hope it isn't being delivered from china.

If you ordered the last one from the same seller, shouldn't you know already if they're legit?

On a related note, waiting for three glass pieces from DHgate, love the low prices but waiting for shipping from China is brutal! (although I'm used to it from the ecig world)

-Treeburner

Kain

Cpt. Dab It
Been using my new Extreme Q with DDave's kit from ebay. Thanks for fast and good service btw DDave!

Seems like I have to very forcefully draw even with fan speed 2 on to get a nice sized hit via whip. My girl can't even do it most of the time, and she usually resorts back to smoking a joint cuz the unit is just not getting the job done for her. Are we doing something wrong? Or maybe just expecting too much in a single draw?

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Been using my new Extreme Q with DDave's kit from ebay. Thanks for fast and good service btw DDave!

Seems like I have to very forcefully draw even with fan speed 2 on to get a nice sized hit via whip. My girl can't even do it most of the time, and she usually resorts back to smoking a joint cuz the unit is just not getting the job done for her. Are we doing something wrong? Or maybe just expecting too much in a single draw?
Hey @Kain

Welcome to FC and the EQ family!

Have some questions before I can offer solid advice.
* Any other vapes available to compare the strain you're vaping currently? Some strains produce less visible vapor than others.
* PreHeating the EQ and adapter? Preheat at desired level for at least 10 minutes before trying to vape. I'd suggest just for a test at minimum of 190-200c.
* how long have you both been vaping?

After you provide a bit of info from the above questions, I'm betting we can help tailor decent session parameters that will result in more of a session type that you seek!

And thanks for the feedback on the eBay listing & service too! :rockon:

Last edited:
Top Bottom