The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
Not impossible to get a log but certainly a pain in the arse as I am in OZ & apparently significant waiting lists:shrug:. Hell Arizer could make a stripped down V Tower based unit specifically designed to be inverted for water use since there would be no fan requirement. Build it & they will buy or at least I would buy especially is it is reasonably priced.
See what you getting at. If they had the heater further down inside the unit of the V-tower (or EQ) and change the build quality, so It could behave well upside down, The Arizer desktops could behave like a Neo-Log or Neo-Evo. If they had an all glass pathway, that would check all the boxes.

Never owned an Arizer portable, But if any of them has total pass-thru and could use the full potential of the AC when being used, that could be another powerhouse option for a conduction vape. I do like having full convection heat with a desktop. Been checking this FC thread for 100% convection.

I did the Auto-Pack with the 14mm like @DDave suggested and this time stacked two pieces on each other and had them pinned between the bowl screen and the tip hat.
Different flavor profile, It feels like inhaling a single grape or berry. If that makes any sense. :p After vaping that, I gently crushed what was left and finished with a bowl session. :peace:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
No complaints on Arizer portables from me. I love my Air through water although it has taken a backseat to the EQ the last few weeks. I just hope Arizer comes out of nowhere with a powerhouse at home vape.

Imagine they came out with a vape the size of a Solo that docked in a cradle seamlessly going from mains to battery. You could leave it just soaking at temp & then pick it up for instant use. Just draw on the stem or stick it in a water tool & cloud shit up. Give it a limited overboost feature (kick it in for the last draw or two), all glass pathway etc. Hardly revolutionary or rocket science but get simple shit like that right & people will buy by the container load.

CuckFumbustion

Oh I do imagine something like that, :nod: The issue being for me, where you are drawing the huge power from when the device leaves it's cradle? Is the battery charging whenever it is in it's cradle and while the unit is being plugged in? That's where things get more technical. And the constant tug of way with the power cels. :ugh:

I would have a hard switch on that vape that would be either full battery or AC. :2c: The powerhouse function would be with the AC plugged in. The internals of the Air would need less hardware to function. Then say the more sophisticated cradle seamless going to the battery power and say grabbing the phone on the way.:D
But if they can squeeze all that in one package, that'd be great for the full convenience you are looking for.

I'm going with more of a Hard switch, battery power to AC functionality. Kind of a safety feature too. Since we are talking a higher amount of power ramped up all at once to get powerhouse extraction results.

Here's one. Now imagine the Air working as a mediocre battery charger. Replaceable batteries, like the Arizer Air prefers, could be trickle charged with a USB charger with enough boost. :peace:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Oh I do imagine something like that, :nod: The issue being for me, where you are drawing the huge power from when the device leaves it's cradle? Is the battery charging whenever it is in it's cradle and while the unit is being plugged in? That's where things get more technical. And the constant tug of way with the power cels. :ugh:

I am rather trashed now but thinking the batteries would be used to maintain heat as it would be already be at temperature where a lot of battery is used up. In other words 95% of the work is done with mains & the battery maintains temperature.

CuckFumbustion

I am rather trashed now but thinking the batteries would be used to maintain heat as it would be already be at temperature where a lot of battery is used up. In other words 95% of the work is done with mains & the battery maintains temperature.
Not sure what kind of session/extraction you are going for. But yea, ramp up/heat up the unit and have a power session, then finish with some sort of long session in battery mode. I imagine nearly full extraction with the Log with one draw.

Not that you couldn't do the 95% AC powerhouse hit to D.H Lawrence. Whew! Then wander around the house in a bathrobe with the battery doing the last 5%.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Not sure what kind of session/extraction you are going for. But yea, ramp up/heat up the unit and have a power session, then finish with some sort of long session in battery mode. I imagine nearly full extraction with the Log with one draw.

Not that you couldn't do the 95% AC powerhouse hit to D.H Lawrence. Whew! Then wander around the house in a bathrobe with the battery doing the last 5%.

What I would envision is a cradle/docking station that would sit on your coffee table plugged into the wall socket. When the vape is docked it draws it's power from the mains to keep the vape at your set temperature. Then you pack a stem & load it in the vape & pick up the vape to use from the cradle.

This is where the battery would kick in to maintain the vape's temp for the session until it is replaced in the cradle to draw mains power. The drain on the battery would be minimal as it is only maintaining the temperature for a limited time when out of the cradle. Complete extraction in as few a rips (hopefully 1-2) as possible would be the name of the game.

Something of a commercial log vape from a reputable company with the convenience of being semi cordless as you would only need a 20-30 minute battery life max & available globally. Not too much to ask from our Canadian friends.

To keep this on topic I just had a fat overstuffed elbow out of the EQ & am nicely toasted indeed. Whats for dinner...

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Iv been having lots of fun lately making concentrates from various grades of herb, ie trim, colas, even avb.

But last time I vaped some concentrate in my eq, it made a mess, and I'm ocd about the cleanliness of my eq.

So my question is, Is there a sure fire way of being able to vape concentrate in my eq, cleanly? Or should I use a separate machine for this? I have a crap conduction dome vape thing. Would that be better for my sticky goodies?

I love my eq so would love to be able to use it for hashy stuff, but not at the risk of the health of my machine.

And I certainly don't want to smoke it as someone has suggested to me.

Nugg

@kellya86 have you tried cotton, hemp fiber or a concentrate/liquid pad (I'm pretty sure a few different manufacturers make them)?

If I'm using cotton I place a small amount of concentrate in the middle of some cotton then put it in the adapter and draw some hot air over it for a second or 2 to melt it. Then I take it out and fold and stretch a few times to spred it out some more then vape it.

I know @Alan dilutes his oil in some grain alcohol and dips the cotton in it then lets the alcohol evaporate off. You are left with a piece of cotton which has a very even coating of oil and vapes very well.

I usually just sandwich my oil between some herb. I'm happy enough with the results and find it to be a clean way of doing it.

Edit: @kellya86 what about this stuff? Organic Cotton. I assume that this stuff is aimed at the e cig market but looks perfect for what you need.

Last edited:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I have looked everywhere for bleach free organic cotton wool with no luck. If I am going to order online I think I would rather hemp fibre. But I'm unsure of where to order from. Will hemp fibre be better.? I wanted some for my wand anyway.

I tried the wand pack sandwich last time and It melted through and made mess.

Hot Dog Day 187

Is there anypoint to modding a EQ to use a SSV standard whip on it if you already have a SSV?
I also have a friend with an old EQ he doesn't use anymore, he likes the SSV a lot and i'm wondering if it'd be more cost effective to SSV mod his EQ.

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Is there anypoint to modding a EQ to use a SSV standard whip on it if you already have a SSV?
I also have a friend with an old EQ he doesn't use anymore, he likes the SSV a lot and i'm wondering if it'd be more cost effective to SSV mod his EQ.
SSV Wand works as well. That is what the first version of the mod was based on.

For the later version, I had sourced slightly shorter adapters, different wands (slightly more narrow ID of the wand mouth and basket screens). Resulted in more even extractions. Full kits come with 4 different adapters, 2x18mm and 2x14mm, along with wands for 4 different vape signatures & experiences. :rockon:

Hot Dog Day 187

If he would need to buy a new wand, be it ssv wand or the one you have, is the one you have better for this purpose or does it just allow for bigger hits from smaller loads? that happens on teh ssv too

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
If he would need to buy a new wand, be it ssv wand or the one you have, is the one you have better for this purpose or does it just allow for bigger hits from smaller loads? that happens on teh ssv too
I changed the overall dynamics of the basket/wand as I found the new dimensions to work better. Resulted in a few things..
- for cloud seekers, better performance.
- for economy, ability to use less product effectively
- for lose basket screen problem, this setup is tight

And for variety, multiple configurations possible.

Hot Dog Day 187

I guess my question is really if the EQ with your mod, if the ssv wand is simply not a good match for it, or if the diff between the SSV wand and the wand you supply with your kits is the same as it would be using a standard SSV wand vs a smaller ID wand on the SSV. I have found using a arizer solo size stem on the ssv you can get performance like that but i still prefer my standard ssv wand most times for slightly larger loads.

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
I've not tested the wands from the kits I offer on either the SSV or the DBV, but an esteemed member of FC is going to be testing soon.

Note: My wands do not accommodate a center screen. I found it counterproductive to the original purpose of the mod (to get herbs closer to the heater).

Treeburner

Received the "Extreme Q Custom Case" I ordered from VaporSeller.com and was disappointed to find it was not the case pictured, and the cutouts do not fit the Extreme Q. I contacted customer service, and after requesting pictures of the incorrect insert they said I would have to apply for an RMA number, then ship the wrong item back, wait 10 days for it to be processed, then if approved they would send out the correct item.

This is unacceptable when they sent me the wrong item, not processing a regular return or a mistake on my part. I will be contacting Visa, but just wanted to warn other FC members about the horrible customer service I received from that site.

On a lighter note, my DDave kit should be here tomorrow as well as my 14mm whip adapter to connect my hydrotube and bong, so should be an awesome Halloween!

Happy Halloween all!

-Treeburner

So after contacting Visa, who said it could take up to 10 days to refund my money, I contacted Vapor Seller again. Ended up paying for another case from them, then will be refunded in full when my return arrives. They paid for the return shipping and assured me that the correct case was sent this time, so we'll see how it goes. Definitely not happy with their policy regarding fixing their own mistakes, but if the correct case shows up I'll be happy to buy elsewhere from now on.

-Treeburner

CuckFumbustion

someone know where the european customers can buy the ddave mod? thank you
I might know someone... ;)
http://www.ebay.com/sch/ddave_mod/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
Click on the kit your interested in and you will receive the appropriate information for your local region. I've shipped to many places in Europe. Thanks! :rockon:
:rofl:I like when someone new to the thread asks about the ddave mod or kit and @DDave shows up to surprise them.

@Stevenski Understand a little more what you would like in your description. Once the unit reaches temp, perhaps an indicator light would let you know when it is ready and you pull it from the cradle and use it much like a portable phone. I do however believe the actual Log vape requires all the AC juice to do it's own thing. It is a full convection vape. And some users have played around with that to give it even more power. But I get the functionality you are looking for.

You know the scorch mark you get in the center of your herb when doing an elbow/tip pack? All that concentrated heat hitting the center. Well I started putting a round glass screen in the center of my F/F, on top of my bowl screen. It's works! No direct scorching, even with my shortest F/F.
I take out my wand and use the blunt end of the EQ wand to compress the pack and replace the wand for more vaping. :peace:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I have looked everywhere for bleach free organic cotton wool with no luck. If I am going to order online I think I would rather hemp fibre. But I'm unsure of where to order from. Will hemp fibre be better.? I wanted some for my wand anyway.

I tried the wand pack sandwich last time and It melted through and made mess.

Can anyone help me here?

kellya86,
Reactions: DDave

CuckFumbustion

Can anyone help me here?
I know there is threads here on FC about using hemp fiber and other options with pics, etc. Just can't place it myself because I never got into that. :shrug:
Their is some FC Sponsers that might sell that kind of stuff and be able to answer some questions too. But there is sure to be some sort of thread that is searchable here at FC.
I'm uninformed myself, But some have used the Volcano Liquid Pads or equivalent. (Oh I just had an idea for something else. :science: )
So is the cotton/hemp fiber you seek for collection and then revaping? Or Am I missing something? TX.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Yes I want a filter in my wand to help keep my whip clean. And I want to use something to vape concentrate that I have been making. I just wouldn't have a clue where to find it. Hemp fibre doesn't seem readily available online.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
@Stevenski Understand a little more what you would like in your description. Once the unit reaches temp, perhaps an indicator light would let you know when it is ready and you pull it from the cradle and use it much like a portable phone. I do however believe the actual Log vape requires all the AC juice to do it's own thing. It is a full convection vape. And some users have played around with that to give it even more power. But I get the functionality you are looking for.

That is exactly what I am getting at mate :). You just leave it chilling while you chill & then when it is go time it is go time! That way it would only be running on batteries for a couple minutes at a time. Seeing the potential in the Zion family makes me think a smart cashed up manufacturer with an unblemished reputation could revolutionize home vaping for the average punter :2c:.

CuckFumbustion

Yes I want a filter in my wand to help keep my whip clean. And I want to use something to vape concentrate that I have been making. I just wouldn't have a clue where to find it. Hemp fibre doesn't seem readily available online.
Well I have bumped into images of others using it or something else similar while browsing thru the FC threads. Not just @Nugg's in this thread.
You might get other safer/cheaper/more available options. Wish I could recall where I've seen them initially. :ugh: I did see odd choices of Hemp fibre with Ebay and Esty USA. If that helps.
That is exactly what I am getting at mate :). You just leave it chilling while you chill & then when it is go time it is go time! That way it would only be running on batteries for a couple minutes at a time. Seeing the potential in the Zion family makes me think a smart cashed up manufacturer with an unblemished reputation could revolutionize home vaping for the average punter :2c:.
So you are getting the best of both power options. That would be Arizers strong suit. I do agree with you their.:nod:
I just don't have the same image of how the Log works as you might. That seemed to be a shot wonder than any sort of draw vape. But IDK. :shrug:
But yea, Fill and ramp up your vape to temp in the cradle. Green Light goes on. :drool: Pick up Vape. Battery maintains the temp. Then draw at your leisure. Less wear and tear on the batteries. Get the advantage of the ramp up temp with the AC.

Top Bottom