• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

TomC1315

Are you drying out the herb, at least a little bit, before loading it in the bowl?

I find that nicely dried out material is essential for best extraction.

Been using my new Extreme Q with DDave's kit from ebay. Thanks for fast and good service btw DDave!

Seems like I have to very forcefully draw even with fan speed 2 on to get a nice sized hit via whip. My girl can't even do it most of the time, and she usually resorts back to smoking a joint cuz the unit is just not getting the job done for her. Are we doing something wrong? Or maybe just expecting too much in a single draw?

throwawaytre3s

So, I've been using my EQ for about 8 months now. I was wondering if anyone happens to know the typical lifespan of the EQ, or even just the fan inside? How long can I expect it to last me? I love it so far, and can't wait to start using it again soon. I'm also looking forward to getting the DDave mod once I can, as I hear that improves the performance quite a bit.

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
So, I've been using my EQ for about 8 months now. I was wondering if anyone happens to know the typical lifespan of the EQ, or even just the fan inside? How long can I expect it to last me? I love it so far, and can't wait to start using it again soon. I'm also looking forward to getting the DDave mod once I can, as I hear that improves the performance quite a bit.
@throwawaytre3s, Hi and Welcome!

I don't do bags myself, so can't speak directly to the fan, but as far as the heater and other electronics...mine's been going strong for almost 3 years... 16+ hours per day at average temp of 200c. There are others who've had theirs far longer.

The fan looks to be very similar to those used in computers and I'm betting if you took an old one into a computer store that sold components, that you could obtain a replacement fairly inexpensively. Maybe even better quality at that?

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
If you ordered the last one from the same seller, shouldn't you know already if they're legit?

On a related note, waiting for three glass pieces from DHgate, love the low prices but waiting for shipping from China is brutal! (although I'm used to it from the ecig world)

-Treeburner
Never ordered from this seller before. Had a bad experience with a different Ebay seller who was in USA, but was ordering from China. I presumed he had the item listed ready to send to me from his location, like the listing mentioned. Then other shady stall tactics later and mentioning ordering from chine, etc. They returned my money after I kept prodding and they apologized for the inconvenience.

Also Ebay has a policy against selling what they deem paraphernalia and have removed listings that they feel apply to their criteria. Also another wrinkle with this seller.

Hopefully there is nothing sketchy ahead and I have to start over. Glad I ordered this water tool because.... I too had a bad break with my water piece.:cry: No joke.

Then repaired it again, nearly came up with the near perfect solution, only to have the hairline crack give up and have it break even more. Just at the brink of success.
Then Uh, shadoobie, shattered, shattered.

Still taught my self a new trick. Actually did come up with a new way to make a seal. Take a long strip if hose and feed a zip tie through it. Loop the strip around the area you want to create a seal around. Like say fitting a downstem in an awkward sized hole, for example. After you set everything where you want it, loop the 'silicone belt' around the area where the seal is needed. Close the zip tie and have both ends of the hose touching each other. It should surround it like a doughnut.:haw: Then cinch the zip tie end a little bit at a time, until the hose grips and forms a tighter seal. I had it working perfect until I overworked a hair line crack in the glass piece and a chunk fell out. So close.:(

Looking for anything glass for the downstem around the house and gave up. Forgive me, but I used a thick walled clear beverage bottle and some old school bong ingenuity.:science: Until my package is track-able and sent, I'll have to get creative.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
@Stevenski, 230 seems very high to me. I wouldn't vape that high, are you wet?

I do use water & the same setup as below except using a Cyclone bowl currently. It gets a dark brown center spot & the rest of the material is a tobacco brown when spent. I am curious if the heater just "goes" or if it gradually loses power over time as I seem to recall 230 as being right up there previously. Not overly concerned if it is on it's way out as it has been a loyal servant to my cause of going combustion free & TBH the shit just works.

70wZCJL.jpg

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine
So, I've been using my EQ for about 8 months now. I was wondering if anyone happens to know the typical lifespan of the EQ, or even just the fan inside? How long can I expect it to last me?

I've had mine for over 5 years. Except for occasional cleaning and a heater cover replacement(my fault) it has worked flawlessly. With the Ddave additions it works better and is even easier to use.

throwawaytre3s

I've had mine for over 5 years. Except for occasional cleaning and a heater cover replacement(my fault) it has worked flawlessly. With the Ddave additions it works better and is even easier to use.

That's good to know! Yeah, the DDave mod is definitely on my new years list of stuff to order once the holiday's pass. I've just recently bought some new glass, and a flowermate, and an MFLB UFO, so I've kind of maxed out my budget for a little bit at least.

@throwawaytre3s
mine's been going strong for almost 3 years... 16+ hours per day at average temp of 200c. There are others who've had theirs far longer.

The fan looks to be very similar to those used in computers and I'm betting if you took an old one into a computer store that sold components, that you could obtain a replacement fairly inexpensively. Maybe even better quality at that?

That's reassuring to know! Also, thanks for the idea, I hadn't even considered the ability to replace it if/when it dies! Thanks for the reply man!

kellya86

Herb gardener...

I would like to see a picture of your antique eq. Specially from above.

How recent was your heater cover change?

throwawaytre3s

I do use water & the same setup as below except using a Cyclone bowl currently. It gets a dark brown center spot & the rest of the material is a tobacco brown when spent. I am curious if the heater just "goes" or if it gradually loses power over time as I seem to recall 230 as being right up there previously. Not overly concerned if it is on it's way out as it has been a loyal servant to my cause of going combustion free & TBH the shit just works.

70wZCJL.jpg

Hey, I really dig your setup, man, might I ask what adapter you're using, and what size tubing? I'd really like to replicate this. The joint on top of your piece is 18mm, right?

Dr. Soxhlet

I would like to see a picture of your antique eq. Specially from above.

How recent was your heater cover change?

It's probably been a year or so since one of my cats knocked over the EQ and broke the heater cover. I had a replacement heater cover, but could not find it when needed, so I used the M-M adapter that came as part of the nail rig for the D020 bubbler. To me it seems to work the same as it ever did. The part is a lot stronger that the original, but does raise the F-F adapter about an inch. It would be fun to put one of those special thermometers there to measure the difference, if any. Looks close to new after all these years.

EQ-11-17-15.jpg

If I ever find the original heater cover though, I may change it back so I can use the dab rig with my Persei and Hammer.

Last edited:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Hey, I really dig your setup, man, might I ask what adapter you're using, and what size tubing? I'd really like to replicate this. The joint on top of your piece is 18mm, right?

It sure is @throwawaytre3s. Just a cheap Chinese adapter I picked up for $8.95 http://www.ozbongs.com.au/DhOP-Vape-2-Bong-Adapter-ADJ-18/. As I type this I am testing out another stopgap measure using two of the straight adapters with my other 18mm F/F.

@Dr. Soxhlet, what version Extreme is that. It appears to have straight sides & has a more silver gray appearance. Is that a V Tower? Looks like it has seen plenty of active service :)

edit
I just tested two elbows out of the revised setup. First elbow was pretty harsh as I had it at 230 still from when I used the cyclone. I turned it down to 220 & got two vapor heavy hits through my bub & one wispy one. I will see if it performs better after letting it warm up for another hour or two.

Last edited:

Dr. Soxhlet

@Dr. Soxhlet, what version Extreme is that. It appears to have straight sides & has a more silver gray appearance. Is that a V Tower? Looks like it has seen plenty of active service :)
It is a standard EQ. The angle the picture was taken makes the sides appear to be straighter. Actually, except for a couple of water spots and some dust I didn't clean, the old beauty really doesn't have a scratch on her yet.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Aaah I see. Mine received her first war wound with a hot Ddave adapter scoring a ring much like the many I see on yours. Looks like mine is legit though not watermarks :lol:. Bar that mark mine looks like she did the day I unboxed her.

throwawaytre3s

It sure is @throwawaytre3s. Just a cheap Chinese adapter I picked up for $8.95 http://www.ozbongs.com.au/DhOP-Vape-2-Bong-Adapter-ADJ-18/. As I type this I am testing out another stopgap measure using two of the straight adapters with my other 18mm F/F.

edit
I just tested two elbows out of the revised setup. First elbow was pretty harsh as I had it at 230 still from when I used the cyclone. I turned it down to 220 & got two vapor heavy hits through my bub & one wispy one. I will see if it performs better after letting it warm up for another hour or two.
I'll have to order one of those adapters! Out of curiosity, since your bowl piece is 18mm, why not use use two elbows? And that's 3/8th ID tubing, right? I'm looking forward to getting this set up when I can. I typically only use the bags, since I'm with a group of friends most of the time, but I'll be using it a lot more on my own soon!

gkaraman

Hello community !

I am thinking of buying Arizer Extreme Q. The only vaporizer I have is Vapman and I am very satisfied.

So I wanted a new vaporizer that is capable for both herbs and hash style concentrates.

Have anyone tried in Extreme Q with success these oldshool imported hard hashes that exists in Europe from Morroco I think like kief, pressed hash,black afghani, charas ?

What temperature is the maximum we can reach inside the ceramic bowl ?

Most of times I vape alone. Does it works good with a minimum dose I can put in the bowl ? As long as with other vapes does it makes economy or it spends a lot of stuff ?

I live Greece, Athens. Do you know the cheaper choice to order for Europe (but trusted dealer with the same warranty) ?

I red about the DDave kit that you're talking about. What is the fuctionality of these things?

Thank you people a lot for any help !!

Last edited:

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Hi @gkaraman
Welcome.

I can't speak directly for those style hashes, but with the EQ especially Modded, you can combust, so believe it will get hot enough to process your hash. (don't combust though.. if you can avoid, do so)

The EQ is awesome in that it's one vape where the oven is made to be removed. Whether stock cyclone bowl or DDave adapter, comes off the unit with ease and you can give it a soak in ISO alcohol.. keeps it clean and fresh.

The vape itself states it reaches 260c, but again it can trigger combustion, so probably hot enough. Will defer to other's expertise on the hash you reference though.

I don't know of vendors of the EQ in your area, but if no one chimes in, happy to help you research.

And lastly, the DDave Mod, hmmm. Never heard of it. Sorry, kidding. It's a kit that improves the performance of the Arizer EQ without any permanent modification necessary. The full kit provides 4 configurations, 4 different vaporizer 'signatures'. Whether you seek powerful clouds or relaxed flavorful sessions... or vaping small quantities... there's a configuration to suite it. And when you want to change up a bit, the kit's options are there to meet you.

Glad to help out as are most in this community..

You're off to discover something wonderful!

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Actually that seems to be the case here as well....didn't even notice that till you brought it up. Not a big deal, but I won't be putting hot glass on EQ base any longer.

They are like campaign medals for all the heated engagements she has been through. Bet she never met a bud that defeated her though :).

I'll have to order one of those adapters! Out of curiosity, since your bowl piece is 18mm, why not use use two elbows? And that's 3/8th ID tubing, right? I'm looking forward to getting this set up when I can. I typically only use the bags, since I'm with a group of friends most of the time, but I'll be using it a lot more on my own soon!

I used to use 2 x elbows before I discovered FC. The problem is they are weak as piss & of the 10 or so elbows I have broken 50% are from clearing a chamber & knocking it. The other reason is without an angled "corner" it seems to get less dirty being straight. This is the first time using two straight adapters as I usually use a stock EQ elbow connecting the whip to the vape. Seems to be working well but I have had to reshape a couple of screens

I am thinking of buying Arizer Extreme Q. The only vaporizer I have is Vapman and I am very satisfied.

Welcome :). I am looking for a flame powered vape & the Vapman is top of my list. How do you intend to use your desktop? Will it be whip, bag or bong? That is the great thing about the EQ is you have many different options readily available.

Justpassedu

A good after market option for a thick elbow that is very hard to damage is from @Oregonglassblower , they can be found in the glass thread on this forum. I got this years ago and it is still with me. You will see in the pic stock elbow on bottom going to my bubbler and the ogb elbow attached to the Eq , it is much thicker option and works very well.
DDDA8328-42F1-437B-9E4C-7CF08F7CF9CF_zpsk3s4hpay.jpg

Boreus

Kain

Cpt. Dab It
Hey @Kain

Welcome to FC and the EQ family!

Have some questions before I can offer solid advice.
* Any other vapes available to compare the strain you're vaping currently? Some strains produce less visible vapor than others.
* PreHeating the EQ and adapter? Preheat at desired level for at least 10 minutes before trying to vape. I'd suggest just for a test at minimum of 190-200c.
* how long have you both been vaping?

After you provide a bit of info from the above questions, I'm betting we can help tailor decent session parameters that will result in more of a session type that you seek!

And thanks for the feedback on the eBay listing & service too! :rockon:
Thanks DDave!

Never desktop vaped before. Only similar experience is from a handheld Atmos Jewel vape made for vaping dry herbs.
We usually preheat almost that long @ 202c.

I can usually get where I want to be after 3-4 big full lung pulls, with quite a bit of effort, but my wife can literally do like 25 of her little inhales and never quite get there.

It just seems like there is a lot of resistance, and you have to put unreasonable effort into vaping. I've certainly seen the Extreme Q do easier pulls at times and it *can* work quite well, but that seems to be the exception rather than the norm.

And regarding the eBay feedback, I was meaning to anyway, but your reminder just sealed the deal: "A+++ Seller! Fast shipping, good packaging, great kit, no problems." On my wife's account. Thanks btw for your kit! It really helps.

Are you drying out the herb, at least a little bit, before loading it in the bowl?

I find that nicely dried out material is essential for best extraction.
I store my (I think) pretty dry weed in ziplock bags, inside a large plastic bin. There's a few ounces in there at a time. How would you dry out the weed more?

On a different note, for anyone who's thinking to purchase this unit, do it from Aroma-Tek. Got mine there and they have their own USA local warranty service so you don't have to ship the Extreme Q to Canada and back. The potpourri bowl arrived broken and the remote battery died on 2nd day. One email to aroma-tek and they had the replacements sent out the next day - no questions asked! They actually sent a whole 2nd remote instead of just the battery. Very impressed.

Last edited:

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
@Kain

(apologies for brief replies, answering from cell)

It just seems like there is a lot of resistance, and you have to put unreasonable effort into vaping. I've certainly seen the Extreme Q do easier pulls at times and it *can* work quite well, but that seems to be the exception rather than the norm.
That seems odd. Can you give some more details on session?
All pieces in use? Adapter, screens, wands, elbows, etc?
Herbs grind type, not ground, moist or dry?

After modding, the EQ was one of easier hitting vapes I've used, so will help you figure out why it is so tough to draw on.

And regarding the eBay feedback, I was meaning to anyway, but your reminder just sealed the deal: "A+++ Seller! Fast shipping, good packaging, great kit, no problems." On my wife's account. Thanks btw for your kit! It really helps.
Thanks man! Embarrassed now. Was thanking you for what you posted previously quoted below.
Been using my new Extreme Q with DDave's kit from ebay. Thanks for fast and good service btw DDave!

Top Bottom