The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

elastic.plastic

Looking for interesting people and vapes
actually i´m doing the elbow pack with some new wider 19mm connector to maximize the airflow.
But still optimizing heat and airflow, waiting for the ddave mod.
I only use 2 temp settings consider how dry the herb is, 220*c or 230*c, the taste is not that great, especially if your using usually lower temps, but the buzz.. instant. I do a very slow exhale,even try to exhale-inhale to reach the maximum absorption of my lungs. :bowdown:

My next upgrades will be: ddave mod + cloudevo ELB + new wider silicon tube
and a new Arizer AIIIRRR :luv:

MagnusKain

My favorite way I have tried is just filling the cyclone bowl about 1/3rd full and using the draw to make it all fly around inside the cyclone bowl. Reminds me of a percolator on an old coffee pot. I have the best luck using it this way. One of my cyclone bowls is a little defective and the screens only sit in it at a 45 degree angle and it makes the herb jostle around even more..... I think that helps... kinda like an auto stir every draw. I will give it a little puff every couple of draws to knock the loose stuff outta the screen and back down in the bowl. (Temps 385ºF - 420ºF depending)

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker

elastic.plastic

hi eq guys, did anyone mod the bottom-plate to adjust the airflow?
XLV7Ugp.jpg

and im wonder where the weird noise come from, if i do a strong pull..

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
hi eq guys, did anyone mod the bottom-plate to adjust the airflow?
XLV7Ugp.jpg

and im wonder where the weird noise come from, if i do a strong pull..
I recall one person replaced the rubber legs with slightly taller ones believing this improved airflow on his unit. Another mentioned the thought of adding a dust filter. I don't recall other mods dealing with the base.

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
Yea, I thought about the dust filter too. Wanted to avoid overtaxing the hardware. Feel the same way about the top area being open. I would avoid restricting that area too.:2c:

Now If I was planning on modding anything regarding air intake, I would also keep in mind that there is a PCB board that needs to keep cool. Much like most electronics. Also a consideration if you have a warranty. What I meant to say was 'don't do this if you value your warranty.':myday:

And then there is the fan. Is it a blade-less fan BTW? Even if you don't use the fan. It is tied into the PCB. And much like a PC, a faulty fan a can cause the board to malfunction. Hope this helps. :peace:

Last edited:
CuckFumbustion,
Reactions: DDave

elastic.plastic

i meant optimize the airflow by cutting out the fan grill.. enough air for the electronic and more airflow for me =) =)

does it make sense? except the warranty thing, i know.

elastic.plastic,

TomC1315

Question: has anyone actually measured the temp of the Cyclone Bowl, compared it to the temp display on the ExQ, and found a significant difference?

According to The Vape Critic, there is a 20 - 30degree (F) difference between what the ExQ display indicates, and what the actual temp in the bowl is, due to the distance between the heating element and the herb.

I'm trying to avoid vaporizing at or above 365F, when CBN (zzzzzzzzz) vaporizes ... and certainly hoping to avoid vaporizing at 392F when Benzene (a known carcinogen) vaporizes.

I set the ExQ at 374F usually, up to a max of 383F, to play it safe ... this gives me good results (energized, without much of a crash or a 'couch lock' mind-state). So it seems to me that there must be some sort of difference between the display and the actual temp in the Cyclone Bowl.

CBD vaporizes between 320F and 356F (160C - 180C), and I'd like to get as much of that as is available ... of course, THC vapes at 314F (157C), so that's no problem ... just trying to avoid the sedative effects of CBN throughout the daytime.

I just ordered the Arizer Air ... lowest setting is, thankfully, 356F / 180C ... the Airizer Solo, on the other hand, has as its lowest setting, 122F / 50C (what's that for?), but then its second lowest setting is 365F / 185C ... once I saw the diff between the two portable Arizer vapes in regards to the (in my view) ideal temp of 356F/180C, I was locked into the Air for my portable option.

Admittedly, I'm kinda new at the vaping, but I'm completely sold on the concept and the experience. A regular toker from 1975 through Sept '05, I went on what turned out to be a 9 1/2 year tolerance break ... and what did I find when I returned to the scene? Devoted websites, all kinds of different strains, and VAPING !

Caught my first buzz in 9 1/2 years on March 9 ... combusted for 4 1/2 months, then bought the ExQ ... NO TURNING BACK ... I'd rather not get high at all, than to have to fire one up.

One thing I did learn over the course of those 9 1/2 years: (it initially took a month or so, but) I learned that I could be happy, content, productive and a good husband/companion without a getting high ... but for myself, it took "quitting" to find this out ... I was 17 back in '75 - so throughout 30 years of adulthood, I never realized that I could be OK without - that was the main characteristic of my relationship with MJ: ended up never feeling OK without it.

Fast forward to March 9, 2015 ... my relationship with the ganja is a lot better, but still not quite where I want to be ... it still (or rather, once again) has a little bit more of a pull on me, I'm a little bit more pre-occupied with the whole thing than I'd like to/hoped to be ... nevertheless ...

I am developing a much better relationship with MJ now, and my experience of living without it for almost a decade taught me, and reminds me, that MJ is a wonderfully fun alternative experience in moderation ... a 3 to 5 day tolerance break every week seems to keep things just right.

After 4 months of smoking bowls and doobs again, it began to get old (uh oh, here we go again) ... but now with vaping ... well let's just say that I'm glad this new technology is available while I still have a few decades ahead of me. The extra prep involved with vaping helps make not quite as easy - and I feel that's a good thing.

Anyway, back to the matter at hand, has anyone any idea if the ExQ temp display is as far off as the Vape Critic says ... my experience seems to indicate that there is a difference ... I'm just hoping to vape as close to an actual 356F/180C as possible without getting near 356F/185C.

CuckFumbustion

Glad to see someone else seeking a temperature controlled extraction. I'm trying to seek a similar goal at vaporizing just what I intend to use and use the ABV for the other spectrum of effects.:zzz:

As far as you calibrating your results with the EQ. Well the display tends to show what the temperature of the heating element of the EQ. There is some heat being absorbed by the cyclone bowl and perhaps the inside air to consider. That is also one reason so many people mention preheating their glass. So it is that much closer to that desired temp in comparison of the display temp. For me, I'll often touch the outside of the glass to see if it is warmed up.

I do think the Vape critic's advice is a good tip for new users. But you are going for more refined results. Then all what I was mentioning earlier would apply. As I've mentioned to others, "Think pre-heated oven." :2c:

I also believe the results of the ABV can indicate if you are getting the full extraction at that desired temperature. If It results in an even consistent color of yellow or beige, Then I know I have a more efficient setup going. Golden brown being the ideal for lower temps. Sometimes raising the EQ temp 4 degrees will release the next spectrum of vapor and darken everything a full shade darker. :drool:Hope this helps.

Last edited:

TomC1315

Thanks for your advise CF ... I also make sure the Cyclone Bowl is completely pre-heated ... for a while there, I was loading the Cyclone Bowl and then continuing the pre-heating, but was advised against that, which makes sense - just a complete pre-heat, and yes, touching the bowl to make sure it's good and warm.
The pre-heated Cyclone Bowl works real well ... I can load a small amount (just enough material to fully cover the screen), fill up a bag on fan speed 1, and get a nice amount of vapor for myself. If my wife joins in on the fun, a 1/3 full Cyclone Bowl is enough for the both of us ... and always a nice and evenly vaped amount of ABV leftover.
So far, so good :-)

BTW CF, what temp(s) are you settled in on?

CuckFumbustion

For the amount you described. Say, enough to fill an screen. 175C for whip then +4 till about 200C or mocha colored. I'll even start at an even lower, if I'm patient enough and into sipping more. Balloon fills vary more around 185C - 200C, preferably lower and slower. 210C being my critical temp.

Minor tweaks for bags. I have paused the fan for a few seconds then turn it back on. giving the glass time to ramp up.
Other times, I'll start at a lower temp say 175C and up the temp +4 every 30 seconds or so until 200C. Perhaps to get the flavor spectrum in a single bag.:p

Still getting to know my 4pc setup. I can almost dial in the temp I want. But the materials will scorch much earlier, because it is closer to the heating element. So I have to pull it a short time after extracting. Just thought I'd mention that for a comparison.:peace:

Last edited:

jarocks

Does anyone have the remote codes for this vape? I lost my remote and would love to be able to use my HTC One M8 to control it. If you have a phone with an IR blaster and would like to help send me a PM.

jarocks,

MoltenTiger

anyone kno where to get the EQ ceramic heating element, or somthing similar? also does anyone know if the watts can vary on vapes element or not, specifically the vp100

im looking to replace the vp100s metal element with just ceramic. got the vape for 25 bucks shipped already modded it exposed the airway cleaned it up and shit its got a nice glass tube for the element and pdif controller type lookin thing. if anyone willing to help me out i can take pics of the rig

yea you dont need a IR in your smartphone either you can use one of these with any remote app :) http://www.ebay.com/itm/271946956019 they have slightly bigger versions that might work better but cheaper then remote reguardless

Last edited by a moderator:
rosinandeddibles,
anyone kno where to get the EQ ceramic heating element, or somthing similar? also does anyone know if the watts can vary on vapes element or not, specifically the vp100

im looking to replace the vp100s metal element with just ceramic. got the vape for 25 bucks shipped already modded it exposed the airway cleaned it up and shit its got a nice glass tube for the element and pdif controller type lookin thing. if anyone willing to help me out i can take pics of the rig

yea you dont need a IR in your smartphone either you can use one of these with any remote app :) http://www.ebay.com/itm/271946956019 they have slightly bigger versions that might work better but cheaper then remote reguardless
i dont want to double replay but i cant edit no more so just wanted to say i figured it all out and my build is epic lol

rosinandeddibles,
Reactions: TomC1315

Putricio

Hey everyone. I've been. A long time lurker and decided to register as I just bought an Extreme Q and I am looking to make it as excellent as possible. I was wondering if anyone has tried using an 18 mm female to male adapter and using the Vapexhale ELB in the male end of the adapter. The covering that with an 18mm female 90 degree adapter connected to a whip. Does this sound reasonable?

MoltenTiger

Hey everyone. I've been. A long time lurker and decided to register as I just bought an Extreme Q and I am looking to make it as excellent as possible. I was wondering if anyone has tried using an 18 mm female to male adapter and using the Vapexhale ELB in the male end of the adapter. The covering that with an 18mm female 90 degree adapter connected to a whip. Does this sound reasonable?
This does sound reasonable, and worth a try.
However, I would guess it'd be easier to pack an elbow screen than an ELB. It also costs less and works really well.

I combusted for the first time last night with the EQ, accidently bumped the temp up to 248C (no idea how I did this) noticed it glowing mid toke and then realised what was up.
If there's one thing to affirm distaste for combustion, it's an accidental burn. Gross.

Justpassedu

Hey buddy welcome to the Eq forum , you happened to choose a very good vaporizer . I am not to sure about the set up you are going for but if you'd like to skip all that and purchase prob the best mod you can for your Eq i highly suggest grabbing the @DDave Mod. There is also a code for Fc members to get a discount. This is prob the best thing you can do for the Eq without breaking the bank and trying different things out. I feel this is really all you need to get the most out of the machine. It will move your material closer to the heater , give you all the equipment you need and more for years to come , it even comes with extra's. There is a good read about it here and also a discount code , take a look , any questions please come back and ask : http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/ddave-mod-new-ddave-mini-mod-kit-for-arizer-eq-vtower-vapes.19018/

It'll work great! The only problem is finding an adapter with a hole big enough to put the elb in.

CuckFumbustion

If you meant use the Vapexhale ELB screens like an elbow screen, It might actually fit your DBV wand better. :shrug:The stock elbow screens fit my downstem (which I use as a wand) and other chillum pipes I have fine. I rarely have my screen pop out of my 'downstem' wand.

However, The stock EQ parts are a little more convex shape-wise. Although they are both technically '18mm', I have had to make mushroom tops with the screens to get them to stay in.:ugh:

My 'downstem' wand also fits my F/F adapter better. Both are also generic. The 'd'-wand also sits further down inside the F/F adapter. Hand in glove.:tup:

I'd also be interested if anybody has used these Vapexhale ELB screens with the stock EQ or any generic 18mm, DBV or SS ground glass wand. TX

Last edited:

Putricio

I was thinking using the whole ELB (cap and all) in the male end of an 18mm female male connection. I've seen videos of people using the entire ELB in an elbow. I wonder if it would be worth it to contact a glass blower here and see if the can make a custom 18mm female to male adapter, where the entire ELB would fit in the male end.

Top Bottom