The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

I was thinking using the whole ELB (cap and all) in the male end of an 18mm female male connection. I've seen videos of people using the entire ELB in an elbow. I wonder if it would be worth it to contact a glass blower here and see if the can make a custom 18mm female to male adapter, where the entire ELB would fit in the male end.
I have one and it wasnt custom made. It was brought from a local headshop. It fits my elbs perfect

vapenoobie

I'm a new owner of the Extreme Q which is my first plug in vaporizer and had a question about the whip which I'm unable to find the answer for. Is it necessary to plug the hole at the end of the whip or turn off the device when not in use in order to not let the vapor leak out the long whip? I'm seeing the answer for balloons which is yes but am unsure if the whip would be different.

In the long whip portion of the user manual it said "Vape on Demand" which leads me to believe its fine to leave on and not waste product but I'd love to here all your input on this matter.

Thanks.

TommydCat

I'm a new owner of the Extreme Q which is my first plug in vaporizer and had a question about the whip which I'm unable to find the answer for. Is it necessary to plug the hole at the end of the whip or turn off the device when not in use in order to not let the vapor leak out the long whip? I'm seeing the answer for balloons which is yes but am unsure if the whip would be different.

In the long whip portion of the user manual it said "Vape on Demand" which leads me to believe its fine to leave on and not waste product but I'd love to here all your input on this matter.

Thanks.
It's totes fine to leave it on, but with the fan on, you're blowing lots of vapor out the end... Even with the fan off, some vapor will escape, but really not much. (If your concern is more for smell - it's gonna smell no matter what you do).

If you just want a go-to vape that's just "ready", my suggestion would be to leave it on, but not loaded. Leaving the unit on with unvaped product will wind up with that product being vaped, even if the vapor doesn't make it out of the whip. (Likely it will just start to taste like popcorn and leave "reclaim" in the elbow and in the whip itself). That said, a preheated Q is only a quick elbow pack away from output!

I'd say using the whip with no fan would be like setting down a part-lit, partially spent combustion bowl (hey now, just for analogies). There's still a bit going on, but not enough to ruin someone's moment.

For balloons, the same - just turn the fan off when swapping out a balloon.

But... ya know...

Sometimes with a few folks around, I like to load it up and turn the fan up. You might have a flame thrower, but I got a vapor thrower! You can hold the whip far from your mouth and "shotgun" yourself! Write with vapor in the air! Kinda like peeing your name in the snow but you don't have to explain the handwriting...

You don't HAVE to do anything, and the worst that will happen is your expend more product than you thought. But keep in mind that if your concern is smell, it doesn't matter what you do - you're gonna smell ;)

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
Excellent!! I'm gonna have to go hunting around. Thanks.
Best price I've found for the Vape Xhale Screens in the US is at puffitup.com. Cheaper than Ebay. Bought from them once. now that I look further, Actually reasonable priced EQ parts and supplies. :cool:Say...Any thought s on Vape Bags Vaporizer Balloons?

@vapenoobie, If you are careful, you could slide the EQ stir tool into the hole. as a plug. Or maybe the flat end of the tool might work? But I use my stir tool as a multi-tool. Plenty of other recommends for plugs that have been mentioned here like using swimming ear plugs, etc.

Also the hose is quite long. if you set it down, The vapor would have to travel up then down. Also making restriction a factor.
But most people end up coming with a better balloon system. Amiright? :nod:

Hey buddy welcome to the Eq forum , you happened to choose a very good vaporizer . I am not to sure about the set up you are going for but if you'd like to skip all that and purchase prob the best mod you can for your Eq i highly suggest grabbing the @DDave Mod. There is also a code for Fc members to get a discount. This is prob the best thing you can do for the Eq without breaking the bank and trying different things out. I feel this is really all you need to get the most out of the machine. It will move your material closer to the heater , give you all the equipment you need and more for years to come , it even comes with extra's. There is a good read about it here and also a discount code , take a look , any questions please come back and ask : http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/ddave-mod-new-ddave-mini-mod-kit-for-arizer-eq-vtower-vapes.19018/

Wow a lot of New FCers lately too, You could not have arrived at a better time to see what all the fuss is about this ddave mystery? :hmm: I would do what @Justpassedu suggested. I'm sure happy with my new F/F setup.:peace:

Putricio

Well, my local shop did have an 18mm female to male connection. I figured for 12 dollars why not? It's a bit longer than my 18mm Female to female adapter, which would put the VXL ELB farther away from the heating element in the EQ. Hmm. I'm gonna pick up some ELBs anyway and see how they work. My DBV wand/whip should come in today so I've got that to try also. I'll report back and let you all know what works out best. The testing of all these configurations is sure gonna be fun!

Sungodv

Thanks.
I took the end of a bag attachment tubing and put it on the mouthpiece. That way I can put the glass stirrer in the end of the whip to keep everything in.

Just got my ExQ and was curious about the using a 14mm glass piece; the vape works pretty great on its own but I would love to connect the two.
What do I need to be able to attach it to my piece and does the DDave set have this? Also would it make a difference to use 18mm FtoF/DDave as opposed to stock bowl (or elbow bowl pack) if using the ExQ this way?

PurpleDazed

Just got my ExQ and was curious about the using a 14mm glass piece; the vape works pretty great on its own but I would love to connect the two.
What do I need to be able to attach it to my piece and does the DDave set have this? Also would it make a difference to use 18mm FtoF/DDave as opposed to stock bowl (or elbow bowl pack) if using the ExQ this way?
set up the EQ for using the whip and with a adapter made for the whip and either 14mm or 18mm gong piece.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vessel

Six years from purchase my EQ is still working, I really haven't had any issues with it.

My newer vaporizer though I've been having A LOT of issues with, I've gone through 3 units with either one not lasting more than 3 months. Turn around to get it fix has always been another 3 months too.

Makes me wonder.

Edit:

Just cleaned the parts, machine is still pretty decent. Running it through some filtration is nice enough. Though the thing that kind of worries me is that once before I had knocked over the unit and the male gong joint that sits inside and connects to the cyclone bowl broke off. I ordered a new one, taking the unit apart was easy enough with the instructions provided, but I always kind of wonder if it's fully & properly installed; I kind of worry about off gasing.

I've since taken the unit apart and together making sure everything was optimal and it seems to be in order, I don't smell or notice anything weird. The cyclone bowl does sit kind of tilted though, any worries about off gasing with the EQ?

Last edited:

fubar

Ancient and opiniated inhaler
I am a new (weeks) extreme q owner and took delivery of an ebay kit in Sydney this afternoon.
(For the record: arrived seriously well packed and in perfect condition from a professional operation run by a capable and generous community member - thanks DDave!)

Initial impressions FWIW are that for my smallish load (0.1g) consumption style, the 18mm elbow pack is a substantial and worthwhile upgrade over stock. The small cyclone seems promising too.

CuckFumbustion

The 'downgrade' F/F adapter that I have been complaining about and telling everybody to avoid since I purchased it, finally broke. :rip: Despite everything I said, I do miss it. :cry:

Currently, (With my favorite F/F 'DDAVE' adapter) I'm using a 6 slit hole downstem for a wand (d-wand) with a cyclone bowl covering the top half. I fashioned some silicone tubing and fitted the cyclone bowl so that the screen sets on the top of the stem. So the vapor path needs to go through the stem and the screen in the cyclone bowl which might diffuse the vapor?:hmm:
Since the silicone tubing is keeping the cyclone bowl on the d-wand, It is height adjustable. Just slide the tubing where you want it and fit the cyclone on the silicone 'adapter'.

Also took an EQ elbow that I broke the stem off and re-purposed it into a balloon adapter. Second EQ stem I've broke. I'm more in favor of the chimney effect you get with a vertical wand setup. So I shrug it off. But yea, took a dollar store knife sharpening stone and chipped off the top half of the broken elbow and used the stone to take all the sharp edged off. So later with the broken stem and some tubing magic, I have a balloon with a 18mm fitting. Because I guess that's what I really wanted to do all along.:D

So with my top heavy d-wand setup, I now have the versatility of a cyclone bowl and can switch out between whip and balloon. Plus the screen in the cyclone keeps any runaway particles from getting into the whip/bag. I can start with a whip session then finish off with a bag of cloud. Without minding the machine so much. Still want the DDave kit at some point.

Last edited:

Justpassedu

I am not sure but DDave sells his own mod kit now , exact size and everything you need : http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/d...for-arizer-eq-vtower-vapes.19018/#post-841213

Cuckfumbustion you should try the og glass blowers elbow , they are very strong , I have broken a few stock elbows and never broke my og glass blowers . It is def thicker than stock.

Greydog

actually i´m doing the elbow pack with some new wider 19mm connector to maximize the airflow.
But still optimizing heat and airflow, waiting for the ddave mod.
I only use 2 temp settings consider how dry the herb is, 220*c or 230*c, the taste is not that great, especially if your using usually lower temps, but the buzz.. instant. I do a very slow exhale,even try to exhale-inhale to reach the maximum absorption of my lungs. :bowdown:

My next upgrades will be: ddave mod + cloudevo ELB + new wider silicon tube
and a new Arizer AIIIRRR :luv:
How many bags can you usually get?

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
I will try my
Q TOMORROW!

So ìt doesn't work out of the box?
@ataxian The EQ definitely works out of the box, as Arizer designed it to. Modding it just changes how it works a bit and how your session will play out. For some, even changes how medicated they get.

People who experiment with mods are generally satisfied with their particular vaporizer. If not, they would toss it and go to a different one. But they may wish to tweak their sessions a bit. Some look for more flavor. Some more punch in a stronger session. Others efficiency.

CuckFumbustion

I am not sure but DDave sells his own mod kit now , exact size and everything you need : http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/d...for-arizer-eq-vtower-vapes.19018/#post-841213
Cuckfumbustion you should try the og glass blowers elbow , they are very strong , I have broken a few stock elbows and never broke my og glass blowers . It is def thicker than stock.
I might look into OG glass if I break my 3rd EQ elbow. :haw: Do like the narrower path and that the inside volume is smaller. If I go with something custom with a CF design in mind, they will be hearing from me. Conversely, The elbows I do break end up getting re-purposed into smaller functional pieces. :science:Like my 18mm balloon. MODS, MODS, MODS, MODS:mental:

Right now I 'm into wand setups. I do want the 14mm setup that is being offered in the ddave kit. Then I did the math and the time I would save ordering replacement hose, screens and where an I going to find 14mm elbow screens anyway? It's like buying the glass pieces and the tune up kit! The wands look thicker than what I 'm using now too. Once I have one shipped to me, I'll let you know what I like about it. But when It arrives, I'll be dancing around the package. :rofl:

I will try my
Q TOMORROW!
It works fine, if the unit isn't faulty, just needs more coaxing then some of the mods that you may have read about here. I did a cyclone session recently just to contrast with other things I've been trying. :freak: Haven't lost my touch. The other mods allow for more variables to a vaporizer that already has several variables to work with. Right now I can almost dial-in my temps with my current d-stem setup with the EQ. The stock cyclone is still good for rush free, hassle free hookah/sipping sessions.

If you are satisfied enough with the EQ and it isn't banished to the closet,:bang: consider the full ddave kit. being offered on ebay. (There is also a leval one contest.) Goood luck! Please let us know how things are coming along.

Oh a cost free upgrade, I have also shortened my whip hose, So it takes better rips and hangs better and there is less resistance of the vapor.

Last edited:

elastic.plastic

Looking for interesting people and vapes
How many bags can you usually get?

No bags, just a watertool i vape through.

this is my actual build

vv7tbuh4.jpg

botuxew5.jpg

DDave bowl, 18to14mm, CloudEvo ELB, Pinnacle Watertool *china replic

Could take down the temps to 180-190 for very tasty clouds

Justpassedu

I will try my
Q TOMORROW!

It happens to work great out of the box ataxian , the DDave mod just brings it to another level , improving on things a bit and just making it straight out better than stock. The 1st and best thing DDave mod improves on is with his adapter wich moves your material a bit closer to the Eq's heating element giving you a more even browning on your material and also more vapor for huge clouds and getting medicated quickly. It was the 1st thing i did when i purchased my Eq and never looked back. 2nd thing i did was replace my tubing with that of a better quality. Stock though the Eq works great , some people have problems i see achieving great results and in all honesty like almost anything it just takes a bit of practice to perfect it. The DDave mod almost takes that practice and throws it away bc it works so well imo. My best advice is stick with it , keep practicing and you will find your way with it. I had a volcano as my 1st desktop , it was easy and got me super medicated. Since i learned my Eq i have not touched my volcano , it does everything i want and more and puts out huge copious amounts of vapor for me. I usually use my portables now and when i really need to get super medicated i'll break out my Eq or if i have a group of friends over. So far the Eq with a bit of practice and patience has proven to be my favorite desktop i have ever used and i have tried many. It just does everything i can want and more and its great we have people here making it even better. Pm me if you ever need any help and i'll try my best.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
It happens to work great out of the box ataxian , the DDave mod just brings it to another level , improving on things a bit and just making it straight out better than stock. The 1st and best thing DDave mod improves on is with his adapter wich moves your material a bit closer to the Eq's heating element giving you a more even browning on your material and also more vapor for huge clouds and getting medicated quickly. It was the 1st thing i did when i purchased my Eq and never looked back. 2nd thing i did was replace my tubing with that of a better quality. Stock though the Eq works great , some people have problems i see achieving great results and in all honesty like almost anything it just takes a bit of practice to perfect it. The DDave mod almost takes that practice and throws it away bc it works so well imo. My best advice is stick with it , keep practicing and you will find your way with it. I had a volcano as my 1st desktop , it was easy and got me super medicated. Since i learned my Eq i have not touched my volcano , it does everything i want and more and puts out huge copious amounts of vapor for me. I usually use my portables now and when i really need to get super medicated i'll break out my Eq or if i have a group of friends over. So far the Eq with a bit of practice and patience has proven to be my favorite desktop i have ever used and i have tried many. It just does everything i can want and more and its great we have people here making it even better. Pm me if you ever need any help and i'll try my best.
I'm trying to make it work?

@DDave seems to have figured it out?

Thank you for your encouragement!

I thought more would help?

Justpassedu

ataxian it even works well with the stock parts, i am unsure why your having trouble . Try this , turn on the Eq with all your glass attached and no material in it and pre heat everything for 5 minutes at your desired temp , maybe try starting close to 400deg i believe. Than grind your material pretty fine and put it in the preheated glass and give it about 1 minute to warm up with your material in. Than start inhaling slowly and you should have a nice amount of vapor coming out. I dont even use the fan when just using the whip. For blowing up a bag i up the temp a drop , same method though and use fan speed 1 to fill my bag , it take a bit of time but towards the end of the bag being full i'll up the fan speed to maybe the 2nd speed.

CuckFumbustion

Also unsure as to what you are experiencing. Are you trying whips, balloons or just anything that works? Cyclone or elbow packs? Pretty much all the points I've mentioned before apply.

@Justpassedu 's method is pretty much the baseline to get everything to come together. I'd try all these steps together to get the most thermal heat effect with less effort.
Make sure the fittings are snug and touch the top of the elbow to see if it is indeed getting warm for you. If the glass and the inside air is getting fully heated, the vapor will want to rise a little on it's own. Think pre-heated oven. When the cyclone glass starts to get a little cloudy or forms condensation on its own, then you can believe the inside air is heated. And you can then add your materials. Just do it quick enough so the glass doesn't lose heat in the process.

For me medium grind, gently packed seems to work well with the cyclone. Finer grind for the elbow. If you are still having difficulty. Hone on the elbow packing with the baseline mentioned.
Once you have mastered this, then some of the other mods people have mentioning will make more sense. They are to oversimplify, playing around with a larger set of variables. :science:

For example, I'm trying to get more thermal heat into the mix. So for me that means a straight thick glass tube wand and an F/F adapter that I handpicked (DDAVE) that gets the materials closer to the heating element (more direct heat and radiant heat). So I get the chimney effect as soon as I add the materials.

@DDave figured out the materials will get more heat being closer to the element. So he used a shorter 18mm F/F instead of the standard cyclone bowl. That was the big 'Eureka' moment for the EQ.:myday: Others tried different 18mm F/F and shared their results with FC and DDave himself. Everybody developed and built better setups building on that idea. Now DDave himself offers an ALL-IN-ONE kit complete with tubing, screens and a 14mm setup. :drool:So there is some additional excitement for those of us who had to venture out on our own.
Also it is much easier to refer to the mod being sold on ebay, then having to explain to a new user what the whole DDave "concept" is about. Here's the link. ddave kit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom