The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

TomC1315

Put me down for a lightly/barely packed cyclone bowl, 40% to 50% full if it's me & the wife ... 1st hit w/ the whip, no fan, to get things going', then fan speed 1 for a nice and cloudy balloon full, then another few (YMMV) w/the whip before I grab the ABV jar.

Just by myself? I just filled the cyclone bowl about 30%, no pack, just the glass poker to make sure I have 100% coverage of the cyclone bowl screen ... one really nice bag - nothing left via the whip after a quick re-stir.

Oh yeah ... @ 373-381 F / 190-195 C degrees ... 5 min heat warm up / 10 min bud warm up

I've had the ExQ (my first vape) for 11 days, and it's been amazing ... I had two pipes w/ just one more hit each (oh boy), and I grabbed the Bic the other day - nasty ... away for the morning today for 4 hrs of yard work - brought a 1 paper ZigZag machine rolled fatty - nasty - congestion ...

After that, DEFINITELY thinkin' 'bout that Arizer Solo ... or Air

Last edited:

JetLife1

I like..
419 degrees. (highest temp that doesn't taste like combustion to me)
Fan speed 1, or 2/3 at the end. But always start slow with 1.
1/2 full modded cyclone bowl.
Fine grind herb by holding hand grinder upside down.
Preheat EQ for at least 5-10 mins.
Preheat elbow, and hose with the fan on for a couple minutes, or until I feel the end of the path get warm.
Preheat herb for 0-45 secs only (usually 0). Not trying to waste any vapor.
Stop once or twice while bag is filling to steal a hit from the bag and stir the herb with the stock glass pick.
Herb is trashed after 1 nearly full bag.

Same setup, whip, water tool or bag.

:)

Justpassedu

Put me down for a lightly/barely packed cyclone bowl, 40% to 50% full if it's me & the wife ... 1st hit w/ the whip, no fan, to get things going', then fan speed 1 for a nice and cloudy balloon full, then another few (YMMV) w/the whip before I grab the ABV jar.

Just by myself? I just filled the cyclone bowl about 30%, no pack, just the glass poker to make sure I have 100% coverage of the cyclone bowl screen ... one really nice bag - nothing left via the whip after a quick re-stir.

Oh yeah ... @ 373-381 F / 190-195 C degrees ... 5 min heat warm up / 10 min bud warm up

I've had the ExQ (my first vape) for 11 days, and it's been amazing ... I had two pipes w/ just one more hit each (oh boy), and I grabbed the Bic the other day - nasty ... away for the morning today for 4 hrs of yard work - brought a 1 paper ZigZag machine rolled fatty - nasty - congestion ...

After that, DEFINITELY thinkin' 'bout that Arizer Solo ... or Air
You don't have to warm up the bud but warming the glass is good. Warming your bud will cause you to loose some thc. I always pre heat my glass though for about 5-10min's , remove carefully , add my bud and start drawing .

anasrzi

Thanks for all the advice guys its a real help to me as i only vape on the weekends right now so my testing of the unit is still very limited and there's always something popping up which means i can't get around to doing more testing. Such is life.

I took the EQ around a mate's house last night for his birthday and everyone enjoyed it plenty, most opted for the whip and were well baked in the end. Heat settings varied between 200c and 230c to get every last bit of vapour from the herb as we were all running on low.

Got it back home pre heated it on 200c while taking the dog for his walk, so a good 20 mins. Packed an elbow with some of last years OD stuff, allowed it to sit for another five and then fan speed two to get a bag full. Wasn't a thick bag of vapour by any means but as this bud wasn't overly frosty but got a decent amount off it overall, the vapour's were thick in the lungs and the effect was amazing making me think maybe i'm not all about the clouds after all? The taste was extreme and very comparable to my trusty lotus.

Next week i'm going to hook it altogether with my bong and try and rip it that way, see how thats goes as i'm getting more familiar with the bags now, it's all trial and error and finding what works for you but with your help i can jump a few steps now and get to where i want to be.

Many thanks again

MoltenTiger

Nice one anasrzi, welcome to desktop vape city.
I have taken to only using my EQ through glass bubblers, I guess I just really enjoy this method.
Running vapour through water has a massive impact on flavour (either in a good or bad way depending on the flower) it basically reduces it, so if you're chasing flavour don't use much water!
Alternatively, try very warm water in your piece. This alters the flavour in hard to describe ways and makes the vapour much smoother. Worth a try, but I find it hard to get the water temp perfect and when you do, it cools quickly..

If you're all about the clouds, attaching to bong should make you very happy I would imagine. Big smooth hits and near immediate effect <3

anasrzi

Thanks molten happy to have a good desktop unit finally after my trusty volcano gave up the ghost a few years back, been using various portables from then on until took the plunge and got one of these :)

I liked it thru the water tool i have but it did detract from the flavour which is what it's all about for me so i still to using bongs dry and don't find it at all harsh on my throat at all, my girl and our friends love the whip with the party piece being able to turn the fan on and watch it pump it out, neat little trick.

Got the balloon working to where i'm getting happier with it but being used to a volcano pumping out massive bagfuls it was a little dishearting not showing as much vapour's coming out the end. But now your all your help it's much better.

Another question for you (already answered repeatedly no doubt) is how much do you pack your elbow bowls? i pack mine quite dense and place another bowl onto squeeze it down then into the machine prior to use, is that right. Anyone else use ELB's from the VXH in there elbows, again how much do you pack into that when looking for thick vapour? I get the feeling as i'm used to using so little weed on my portables i'm using to little in the EQ overall for all the methods talked about apart from the elbow packs?

KimDracula

I don't think you should pack your elbows so tightly. When I was still using this method (without ELBs, btw) I would only pack it just enough (usually with the butt end of the little glass stirring tool that came with the unit) so that the herb would remain it the elbow screen. I eventually went back to just loading the cyclone bowl because I think the more familiar you become with the unit, the more negligible the difference between the vapor yields.

It didn't take me long to ditch balloons completely. I never felt like the taste was there and it just seemed inefficient. Most seem to prefer the EQ with the whip. I now use the standard cyclone bowl packed lightly about 1/3 or 1/2 full. I use a small bubbler attachment and usually start at 390F (sometimes 380F) with the fan at 2. After a couple hits I bump it up to 400F, then finish off at 420F. With the fan and a lungful of breath I get pretty impressive clouds.

The EQ is a great vape. I've been using mine for years now. I had to replace the power block/cord once, but aside from that it's been zero trouble, even after a couple of tumbles.

anasrzi

Thanks Kim

I'll try and pack it more loose in the future so many differing ways of doing the same thing so it's going to be trial and error for some time to come. I like the whip as do everyone else but the balloon has the benefit of being a party piece and can be passed all over the place until empty, haven't found the taste to be lost but maybe that's just me.

I need to add more herb then for certain, mines a quarter full at best, the is what happens when your so used to small portables filling them small chambers. Can't wait to hook it up to the bong soon think the clouds will come easy then.

MoltenTiger

I still don't know what the best way to go is. I like what Kim says, after a while it kind of becomes moot how you get vapour, as long as you get your vapour :p

I'm enjoying 222C, "DDave" adapter, elbow bowl pack, silicone hose (a must btw), water pipe.
I'm especially enjoying a little bubbler with the perc only just firing. I'm getting great flavour, huge and smooth hits overall.

How I pack the elbow varies a little, I have noticed that less is more to a certain point with elbows, but a really densely packed bowl is always nice, but is less efficient.
I also have a MFLB finishing grinder, so I use powdered packs from time to time to get really medicated.
Also, using the kiff out of the bottom of a 4pc takes things to the next level again. It's crazy flavourful and dangerously strong :)

I think dense packs work best regardless of quantity though, as it restricts the air more and limits cooling potential from increased air speed. But ultimately, it all works just do whatever seems best at the time, I think :)
I guess, just look at your ABV from time to time and see how it's going, adjust as necessary.

jojo0420

Cloud Chaser
I just got this beast in from FC's own @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd :

image.jpg2_zps8xmzt3kk.jpg

It's blown me away today!

MoltenTiger

I can work on that, might take a couple days.
Cool, I reckon there'd be a bit of interest in that thing. It looks radical.

I had a nectar collector I was using with my EQ for the one day I had it before my friend broke it...
Having an all glass air path off the EQ is awesome! Gives even better flavour and seems to offer more visible vapour for longer, as opposed to a whip.
I would highly recommend anyone with access to an affordable hydrotube gets one if they like water filtered vapour. Unfortunately they seem to be quite expensive from what I have seen

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
Nice drip effect. Is it like using a steamroller pipe? I'm curious about whats underneath that long piece of silicone tubing in the setup above ^^^. Haven't seen tubing that size used in any vapeware. What 18mm is attached to the EQ anyway? Or am I missing something.:hmm::D I'm hoping that you are using well below 500F for this to work. Silicone tubing does seem to work well as an insulator on the outside of any glass. I have a ring around the top of my dDave, so that it can be removed while still warm.

As for my EQ setup, I was able to take a 2 inch piece of 1/2" I.D. x 5/8" O.D tubing and fold about 1/3 of it over to make an silicone 18mm adapter piece. I can slide it over a smooth 5/8 tube and work the tubing until it resembles the cone-ish shape of an adapter.:nod: Then I can plug an 18mm F/F on top as if it was meant to attach. In this case, a 18mm F/F adapter that was too wide around the center to use be used as a dDave. BTW, This particular version is what I'm actually using with the EQ.

This was all necessary so I could connect my EQ elbow somehow to the 18mm 6-slit downstem that I am using like a poor man's SSV wand/bowl. Why? Because it fits my dDave better than the EQ elbow. Even seats itself further down inside the F/F. Also, I luckily never had an elbow screen problem using the downstem either. It has a more of a narrow inside shape than the standard EQ glass elbow. So no rescuing lost basket screens.

The '4pc' glass works great for quick whip vapor, but I have to take out the downstem before too long to avoid scorching and waste. Still use the traditional setup for longer sessions or revaping. Hope this helps.:peace:

jojo0420

Cloud Chaser
Nice drip effect. Is it like using a steamroller pipe? I'm curious about whats underneath that long piece of silicone tubing in the setup above ^^^. Haven't seen tubing that size used in any vapeware. What 18mm is attached to the EQ anyway? Or am I missing something.:hmm::D I'm hoping that you are using well below 500F for this to work. Silicone tubing does seem to work well as an insulator on the outside of any glass. I have a ring around the top of my dDave, so that it can be removed while still warm.

A steamroller, yes that's exactly what it is.
The silicone piece in the middle is a TuffBowl, I believe Arizer makes them. Totally wrapped in silicone to help protect it. Mine has the glass ring mostly knocked out of the center, just a little ledge left to hold a screen.
The steamroller has an 18mm male joint on the end and I simply put a elbow screen in there and pack it.
It will pull serious cloud, and the long glass path cools it significantly.
Been rocking it at 402F, that's about as high as I like to go dry.

CuckFumbustion

The photo fooled me a little. The Tuffbowl itself, looks cloudy to begin with, then with the tubing over it. I honestly was wondering if you were using the silicone tubing as a 'Tuffbowl'. :o
So you double toughed your Tuffbowl. :D Nice. One small concern tho. I do believe the EQ does draw air from the top which is a consideration with your setup. But if you are already rocking at 402F (206C) and the outside of the tubing doesn't get too hot and there is no air restriction when say running the fan. then keep RAWKIN". :rockon:

jojo0420

Cloud Chaser
The photo fooled me a little. The Tuffbowl itself, looks cloudy to begin with, then with the tubing over it. I honestly was wondering if you were using the silicone tubing as a 'Tuffbowl'. :o
So you double toughed your Tuffbowl. :D Nice. One small concern tho. I do believe the EQ does draw air from the top which is a consideration with your setup. But if you are already rocking at 402F (206C) and the outside of the tubing doesn't get too hot and there is no air restriction when say running the fan. then keep RAWKIN". :rockon:

It's a stock TuffBowl besides the inside mod.

CuckFumbustion

It's a stock TuffBowl besides the inside mod.
Sorry, Guess I'm still stuck on thinking you used silicone tubing on the outside. :mental: Please disregard. Anyway, count me in as for liking to see a video. Any thoughts or comparisons with the Tuffbowl vs the stock. Any advantages? I'm guessing that it can handle the weight of heavier glass piece better.

CuckFumbustion,
Reactions: jojo0420

jojo0420

Cloud Chaser
TuffBowl is modified now, did it some time again. Maybe right when I got it, don't remember using it any other way. It's almost straight through.

jojo0420,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Any thoughts or comparisons with the Tuffbowl vs the stock. Any advantages?
The advantages are:
1) It doesn't break as easily when dropped.
2) It is less hot on your fingers when you remove it.

I'm guessing that it can handle the weight of heavier glass piece better.
Nah. The glass is the same on both, so it's not any stronger than a stock cyclone bowl.

:peace:

CuckFumbustion

Yea, I don't see a reason for me to run out and get one. Thanks @Stu . Now if this heats up and keeps it heat longer than the cyclone. I'd be more tempted. The fun part for me with the stock cyclone bowl is staring at that open space where the vapor magic happens. :D

I do like the heat up time with my 4pc setup. The downstem that I turned into a wand/bowl has thick glass walls and a lot of volume and throat to it. So I keep my eye out for anything more suited for the EQ with the positives of the cyclone bowl.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
@anasrzi

My tech with bags is this:
Set EQ to 195 C and allow to beat up for a good 15 minutes, no fan on.
Grind up your bud and use the elbow pack method. Fill an EQ mesh basket and place in the elbow adapter that fits inside the cyclone bowl.
Place on EQ to pre heat for 5 minutes, no fan just attach the bag and wait.
After 5 minutes turn on to fan 2 or 3 to fill the bag.
You should get a nice bag of amazing vapor!
The bud in the bowl should be spent after a bowl or two, you can also empty the bowl and crush the bus and reload and see what the next bag tastes like.

I do not use fan speed 1 for anything as it is just too slow to force vapor through the bud. It may work better if it was a very light and fluffy pack.

This is how i use my EQ and it is very consistent!

Another way unused to use it was to place bud between two screens in the cyclone bowl. Worked really well but it is a pain to reload....

The EQ seems to excel with the elbow pack!
I threw my Q in a closet a month ago!
My V2 easy.
The NANO even easier!
SOLO way more powerful?

I will follow your advice tomorrow with "Q"!

CuckFumbustion

A few alternative steps.

When preheating the glass, Touch the top of the elbow until it feels warm. If the outside of the elbow feels warm, then you know the cyclone is thoroughly heated. Think preheated oven.:D

Pack the basket screen first. Then preheat the glass and whip. When all the glass is closer to the desired temp, then insert the basket.

When filling a bag, you can raise the temp 4 degrees at a time. I prefer a low fan speed unless the vapor is weak. But that can also be a YMMV situation.:peace:

Last edited:

elastic.plastic

Looking for interesting people and vapes
Hi there, let me introduce myself =)
... silent reader since i beginn to vape this year.. i got some different setups on my EQ, just ordered the DDave Mod from CaliforniaSea and can´t wait for it :ugh:

Just for fun - a vape vid of one of my glass

got some more vapes and looking for some mods to boost the effiency and of cause the buzzzzz :science:... V2 Series 3/7, MFLB, FlowerMate V5.0s, Herborizer XL...

Last edited:

anasrzi

Hi there, let me introduce myself =)
... silent reader since i beginn to vape this year.. i got some different setups on my EQ, just ordered the DDave Mod from CaliforniaSea and can´t wait for it :ugh:

Just for fun - a vape vid of one of my glass

got some more vapes and looking for some mods to boost the effiency and of cause the buzzzzz :science:... V2 Series 3/7, MFLB, FlowerMate V5.0s, Herborizer XL...

Cool vid that is mate nice clouds to make everyone happy :nod: what setting's you running that on? standard cyclone bowl and elbow packing??

Been playing with my bong+bullet+EQ last night and think iv'e cracked it (not as cloudy as the vid linked tho, need more experimenting still :rolleyes:)

Connected my 14mm roor bong (dry) via a 14mm-18mm adapter to the EQ via two elbow's one packed with a ELB, slightly packed down. Heat setting started at 200c then up to 220c then a final bash on 230c to finish and wow it's changed my mind on this being a very hit and miss vape after previous balloon failure's. Get a water pipe attached and its a totally different animal, so tasty and much thicker vapour's to inhale, found that slow, long rip's works really well.

Need a new piece of glass now that's a similar height. my old roor is a bit to tall so needed a small trinket box as a stand plus it was a sideways chamber so looked bent.

anasrzi,
Reactions: Greydog
Top Bottom