The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Also unsure as to what you are experiencing. Are you trying whips, balloons or just anything that works? Cyclone or elbow packs? Pretty much all the points I've mentioned before apply.

@Justpassedu 's method is pretty much the baseline to get everything to come together. I'd try all these steps together to get the most thermal heat effect with less effort.
Make sure the fittings are snug and touch the top of the elbow to see if it is indeed getting warm for you. If the glass and the inside air is getting fully heated, the vapor will want to rise a little on it's own. Think pre-heated oven. When the cyclone glass starts to get a little cloudy or forms condensation on its own, then you can believe the inside air is heated. And you can then add your materials. Just do it quick enough so the glass doesn't lose heat in the process.

For me medium grind, gently packed seems to work well with the cyclone. Finer grind for the elbow. If you are still having difficulty. Hone on the elbow packing with the baseline mentioned.
Once you have mastered this, then some of the other mods people have mentioning will make more sense. They are to oversimplify, playing around with a larger set of variables. :science:

For example, I'm trying to get more thermal heat into the mix. So for me that means a straight thick glass tube wand and an F/F adapter that I handpicked (DDAVE) that gets the materials closer to the heating element (more direct heat and radiant heat). So I get the chimney effect as soon as I add the materials.

@DDave figured out the materials will get more heat being closer to the element. So he used a shorter 18mm F/F instead of the standard cyclone bowl. That was the big 'Eureka' moment for the EQ.:myday: Others tried different 18mm F/F and shared their results with FC and DDave himself. Everybody developed and built better setups building on that idea. Now DDave himself offers an ALL-IN-ONE kit complete with tubing, screens and a 14mm setup. :drool:So there is some additional excitement for those of us who had to venture out on our own.
Also it is much easier to refer to the mod being sold on ebay, then having to explain to a new user what the whole DDave "concept" is about. Here's the link. ddave kit.
I will buy @DDave kit on ebay!

My SOLO worked right out of the box?
My LSV worked right out of the box?
My NANO worked right out of the box?
MY FIREFLY worked when I up graded the battery!
My LOTUS took time to learn but it works great since I bought a better torch lighter!
I will not give up!

I have 30 different glàss set ups and with Q none will work?
Any other vaporizer no problem?

Last edited:

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.

My LOTUS took time to learn but it works great since I bought a better torch lighter!
I will not give up!

I pulled the trigger myself and bought the kit on ebay. And I am already happy with my setup. If that tells you anything.
Worst case, Those glass pieces and accessorizes included in the kit may end up working well with your other vapes 'right out of the box'! :lmao:Sorry couldn't resist that one. :razz:

You will want to become accustomed to using lower temps with these pieces and the heat transfer effects will be different. But you won't be going in alone. I'll be posting my results as well. :peace:

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker

I will not give up!

@ataxian

Will watch for your order and get your kit out to you ASAP!

Looking forward to working with you on getting the EQ to perform in a manner that meets your needs. Can you clarify these for me?
Are you looking for performance?
Huge clouds, dense vapor?
Or taste?

Once this is known, can better advise..

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
@ataxian

Will watch for your order and get your kit out to you ASAP!

Looking forward to working with you on getting the EQ to perform in a manner that meets your needs. Can you clarify these for me?
Are you looking for performance?
Huge clouds, dense vapor?
Or taste?

Once this is known, can better advise..
I will go to ebay today!

For me currently I just need to medicate for relief!

I did not know CANNABIS was so effective?

@DDave I just ordered your kit!
I can't wait!

Last edited:

CuckFumbustion

I will go to ebay today!

For me currently I just need to medicate for relief!

I did not know CANNABIS was so effective?

@DDave I just ordered your kit!
I can't wait!
You can't wait either? I could tell you how many times I've refreshed my browser today. Haven't been this exited since my replacement EQ was near arrival.
I'll be dancing around the package when it arrives. :rofl:

Plan on giving him accurate but positive feedback on ebay when it arrives. He has received 4 very positive likes within 14 orders. Nice Ratio @DDave . :tup:
What's that? I can only give 5 stars for positive feedback? They just don't know the FC community. ;) Not to boast, but on a 1 to 5 ebay scale, we are all 10's and 11's here. :rockon:

But yea, I'll pass on what I know. Pretty much get used to using lower heat temps and pulling the wand out shortly after extraction to avoid scorching.
I'm already guessing from comparing my mods to EQ stock is that the 'wand' screens that come with the kit will fit nicer and there will less of them falling out.

Will give my 2 cents in the DDave Mod, New DDave Mini Mod & Kit for Arizer EQ/VTower Vapes forum. Already thinking about DDave kit V3.:mental:

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
You can't wait either? I could tell you how many times I've refreshed my browser today. Haven't been this exited since my replacement EQ was near arrival.
I'll be dancing around the package when it arrives. :rofl:

Plan on giving him accurate but positive feedback on ebay when it arrives. He has received 4 very positive likes within 14 orders. Nice Ratio @DDave . :tup:
What's that? I can only give 5 stars for positive feedback? They just don't know the FC community. ;) Not to boast, but on a 1 to 5 ebay scale, we are all 10's and 11's here. :rockon:

But yea, I'll pass on what I know. Pretty much get used to using lower heat temps and pulling the wand out shortly after extraction to avoid scorching.
I'm already guessing from comparing my mods to EQ stock is that the 'wand' screens that come with the kit will fit nicer and there will less of them falling out.

Will give my 2 cents in the DDave Mod, New DDave Mini Mod & Kit for Arizer EQ/VTower Vapes forum. Already thinking about DDave kit V3.:mental:

Thanks! Everyone I've dealt with has been awesome! The feedback is appreciated on all fronts (email, thread posts, PM, etc). Makes offering the kit well worth the time & effort!

Regarding the screens, they should fit and stay put. I was quite stubborn during the manufacturing and if something was slightly off, it was rejected.

Looking forward to feedback!

CuckFumbustion

In the male 18 end
Looked closer at your build here. I wanted to know how well the VXL ELB fitted the 18mm fitting. Did you have to tweak anything? I'm guessing any 14mm watertool would work well with your adapter. No tubing needed either. ELB cap takes out the need for a crumb catcher. All bases covered. Impressed! CF Likes! Thanks for posting!:science:

Last edited:

elastic.plastic

Looking for interesting people and vapes
I wanted to know how well the VXL ELB fitted the 18mm fitting. Did you have to tweak anything?

2 days with the vlx elb and im not that impressed, actually im changing back to "elbowpack" with a screen in the "ddave" bowl. works fne for me. i might take a video..
In my 18to14mm Adapter the VLX ELB won´t fit at the beginning.. just wider the mesh of the elb with a blunt instrument and it will fit in any.This is what i do.

but you can also take a 18 to 18 male and use any 18mm watertool if its fit ;) just look at the VLX and its glasses

Last edited:

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
In regards to the DDave mod, is there any noticeable difference between an elbow pack and a "wand pack"? Though I haven't tried a wand pack yet, I like the idea of the material being held in between two screens so as to not fall out as easily.
If comparing an Arizer elbow pack to an SSV wand pack, save for probably a bit more vapor condensing in the elbow due to the sharp right turn in the vapor path, probably not much difference... that's if you're talking about packing the basket screen in each. They use the same screen.

If referring to the wands in the kit I offer, I had the screens custom made and went through many 'versions' until I had dimensions and mesh that resulted in the performance and session characteristics I was seeking. Using the screens in the kit, I got more even and complete extraction.

CuckFumbustion

2 days with the vlx elb and im not that impressed, actually im changing back to "elbowpack" with a screen in the "ddave" bowl. works fne for me. i might take a video..
In my 18to14mm Adapter the VLX ELB won´t fit at the beginning.. just wider the mesh of the elb with a blunt instrument and it will fit in any.This is what i do.

but you can also take a 18 to 18 male and use any 18mm watertool if its fit ;) just look at the VLX and its glasses
Well glad I waited to get an opinion on the VLX ELB before considering buying. TX. Was hoping this would be some sort of improvement so there was no need for a crumb catcher.
Wouldn't mind hearing what unimpressed you with the longer screens.

I have fitted one elbow screen inside another and do know how to 'mushroom cap' the elbow screens to get them to stay in. Guess I'll work on that method more.

@DDave , I was curious how you acquired the elbow/basket screens for the 14mm. :hmm:Never seen them anywhere else. Custom built eh? So, have you ever set eyes on any sort of machine that makes these at all? I imagine it resembling something like a button maker. Maybe we all can rent a school bus and organize a field trip to Arizer headquarters. :lol:

FCers Plz Check out the forum Dave Mod, New DDave Mini Mod & Kit for Arizer EQ/VTower Vapes. I also went on a tangent/sidetrack about here #30 about extraction if you are at all curious. But was able to steer the conversation back towards the DDave mod kit. Just wanted to include everyone in all the EQ discussions. :peace:

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
@DDave , I was curious how you acquired the elbow/basket screens for the 14mm. :hmm:Never seen them anywhere else. Custom built eh? So, have you ever set eyes on any sort of machine that makes these at all? I imagine it resembling something like a button maker. Maybe we all can rent a school bus and organize a field trip to Arizer headquarters. :lol:

FCers Plz Check out the forum Dave Mod, New DDave Mini Mod & Kit for Arizer EQ/VTower Vapes. I also went on a tangent/sidetrack about here #30 about extraction if you are at all curious. But was able to steer the conversation back towards the DDave mod kit. Just wanted to include everyone in all the EQ discussions. :peace:
@CuckFumbustion Both the 14mm & 18mm basket screens redesigned from scratch. When you receive your kit, compare the 18mm basket screen to the one the fits in an Arizer elbow and you'll see they're of different dimensions and mesh. It took a bit of :science: to identify the right combination of dimensions and mesh to hit a winner!

Looking forward to hearing how they perform for you as well. I was impressed at the difference between the first mod and stock, from an extraction and ABV perspective. This setup does better. :rockon:

In regards to your sidetrack conversation (#30) in the other thread.... There were some great tips on making espresso which lead back to the proper tamping down of an elbow/wand pack.... Gave me something to think about and an intense craving for a Cup of Espresso!

CuckFumbustion

@DDave From scratch? :whoa: & :clap:Got my eye's on it. :tup:Yea, the EQ elbows screens were prone to clog with drier finer materials more. Might be the answer?
I did look at the ones in your pic and noticed the crease was perhaps different too? Already considering your suggestion of using scissors instead of using the shredder for the 14mm.

BTW, #30's conversation was wide on that subject. I'll try not to stir to many coffee cravings. But it started as packing an elbow was analogous to preparing a proper cup of espresso.....
Think EQ Baristas.

If comparing an Arizer elbow pack to an SSV wand pack, save for probably a bit more vapor condensing in the elbow due to the sharp right turn in the vapor path, probably not much difference... that's if you're talking about packing the basket screen in each. They use the same screen.

If referring to the wands in the kit I offer, I had the screens custom made and went through many 'versions' until I had dimensions and mesh that resulted in the performance and session characteristics I was seeking. Using the screens in the kit, I got more even and complete extraction.
Comparing an Arizer elbow pack to an SSV wand pack? I do have my own thoughts about using a wand in an EQ and I've read some FC posts about 'restriction' when using an elbow or any mod for that matter. I do try to utilize the chimney heat effect with a wand setup. Wait for the vapor to rise a little on it's own or wait for the glass to condense a little.:drool: All ready freddy. Let the heat do some of the work. :science:

CuckFumbustion

12hrs since my last post here. Looked outside. :cool:Time to dance around the package! Bananas !!:rofl:Just got my DDAVE MOD kit. WOOOOT! First impression time. Still a lot to take in.

Package looked larger in Australia? The box I received was smaller than I was picturing, which is a positive. Look here--> Dave Mod, New DDave Mini Mod & Kit for Arizer EQ/VTower Vapes

Screens - Did a side by side comparison. I want to say the hat shape is a little different than the stock EQ elbow screen and more fashioned for any generic 18mm and the 14mm wand mod. The wire mesh might be thinner also? (Sorry, All my EQ elbow screens are beat.) The 18mm 'tip basket' does not stay in the stock EQ elbow at all. So that confirms them being custom.
But... But, the screens fit on top of the wands that come with the kit as well. :nod: I can also place one inside the other (like a cap say for the VLX ELB) in both screen sizes. So no need for a crumb catcher.

Glass - My biggest concern that I've been mentioning on the threads is the air opening of the EQ on the top. I did check each bowl for clearance ahead of time. The 14mm short DDave bowl has the tightest clearance of the 4. But presumably requires the least heat for the least amount of time. This is more for mini sessions from what @DDave has mentioned. Other 3 bowls - all clear. The center rings in all 4 bowls might be easier to fit flat screens better if you try my 2 screen method. But with a little coaxing of the flat screens that come with the kit and a little curl at the edge slightly and you should be able to fashion then snugly. But snug in a good way.

Have been able to produce gas vapor at 185 C for both wands with the short bowls. Just put a center screen in the 14mm tall to try out later. Chimney effect is not as dramatic as say my setup. But might be a better once I hone my skills. Only had the thing for an hour! In that amount of time I'm already seeing the possibility's this kit had opened up. :science:

I still like my own 4pc d-wand setup and have been passing what seems to work for me along to @DDave and here at FC. Just providing some Cuckfumbustion research to the mix.
His wands appear to be the thickness I'm going for. The 18mm has a lot of inside volume for the dimension/size. Still haven't come up with a hose config yet. Did I mention earlier that you can put a screen on both sides of the wand?

This kit is great for 1st timers and comes with Instructions for the entirely uninitiated. Even though I already used the ddave mod in my EQ-uation before, I bought this because of it's interchangeability and flexibility with my generic glass parts. It will be integrated with my other pieces once I get to know them individually first. :borg:

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
12hrs since my last post here. Looked outside. :cool:Time to dance around the package! Bananas !!:rofl:Just got my DDAVE MOD kit. WOOOOT! First impression time. Still a lot to take in.

Package looked larger in Australia? The box I received was smaller than I was picturing, which is a positive. Look here--> Dave Mod, New DDave Mini Mod & Kit for Arizer EQ/VTower Vapes

Screens - Did a side by side comparison. I want to say the hat shape is a little different than the stock EQ elbow screen and more fashioned for any generic 18mm and the 14mm wand mod. The wire mesh might be thinner also? (Sorry, All my EQ elbow screens are beat.) The 18mm 'tip basket' does not stay in the stock EQ elbow at all. So that confirms them being custom.
But... But, the screens fit on top of the wands that come with the kit as well. :nod: I can also place one inside the other (like a cap say for the VLX ELB) in both screen sizes. So no need for a crumb catcher.

Glass - My biggest concern that I've been mentioning on the threads is the air opening of the EQ on the top. I did check each bowl for clearance ahead of time. The 14mm short DDave bowl has the tightest clearance of the 4. But presumably requires the least heat for the least amount of time. This is more for mini sessions from what @DDave has mentioned. Other 3 bowls - all clear. The center rings in all 4 bowls might be easier to fit flat screens better if you try my 2 screen method. But with a little coaxing of the flat screens that come with the kit and a little curl at the edge slightly and you should be able to fashion then snugly. But snug in a good way.

Have been able to produce gas vapor at 185 C for both wands with the short bowls. Just put a center screen in the 14mm tall to try out later. Chimney effect is not as dramatic as say my setup. But might be a better once I hone my skills. Only had the thing for an hour! In that amount of time I'm already seeing the possibility's this kit had opened up. :science:

I still like my own 4pc d-wand setup and have been passing what seems to work for me along to @DDave and here at FC. Just providing some Cuckfumbustion research to the mix.
His wands appear to be the thickness I'm going for. The 18mm has a lot of inside volume for the dimension/size. Still haven't come up with a hose config yet. Did I mention earlier that you can put a screen on both sides of the wand?

This kit is great for 1st timers and comes with Instructions for the entirely uninitiated. Even though I already used the ddave mod in my EQ-uation before, I bought this because of it's interchangeability and flexibility with my generic glass parts. It will be integrated with my other pieces once I get to know them individually first. :borg:

@CuckFumbustion Thanks! Great initial review!

I believe the size difference in the box sent to Australia can be attributed to the increased humidity of the region causing the box to swell! :lol: Just kidding! The boxes I use, regardless of region shipping to, are the Small Flat Rate USPS boxes. The kit fits within, like a glove - by design... It helps ensure all the pieces of the kit arrive intact, not being able to move around during transit.

The 1" screens for the middle of the adapter are more robust than those I recommended for V1 of the original Mod. They'll last longer and be less prone to bending or falling out with use. To clean, which rarely needs to be done, I ISO soak adapter with screen installed. Cleans both well and I never needed to remove the screen itself.

Seating one screen in another, you've managed to encapsulate the herbs between two screens and not moved the product farther away from the heater. (This happened with the V1 mod using the SSV Wand, and was counterproductive to what the shorter adapter's purpose was...) I never tried this, as with the slightly narrower screens of the kit, I never had an elbow pack fall out.

Looking forward to hearing about ABV/extraction differences you see. My herbs were processed far more evenly during my testing and ABV more evenly browned. Also, ABV was not as potent as more was extracted from the product during vaping. (tested with edibles).

Thanks again for the feedback! Looking forward to more! :science:

CuckFumbustion

Latest with the DDave kit. Now I just have a single 1" screen in the Tall 14mm bowl. Instead of my 2 screen method. I stuck to using a single screen like the mod intended. But 2 bottom screens did work OK for me the one time. It is a thinner screen than say the one that goes in the center of a cyclone bowl and also has a square grid type mesh. Good, I don't like the taste of scorched screen.

Set it up like a cyclone session at 200C. Then tried just pulling straight from the wand and then using the hose that came with the kit. Single gentle hits do deliver each time at bat and never miss. :tup: But I didn't feel rushed to worry about the materials burning so much as a short bowl session. This is a nice variation of for 'Smooth' cyclone session but with a little persistent punch behind it, and without the coaxing of the fumes needed to get that cyclone bowl primed. The silicone hose I.D. is 3/8 ' I believe. But is pliable. I slipped it over a 1/4' of the 14mm wand with no straining or stretching. Gripped the outside of the glass fine. Stayed behaved inside of the 18mm wand fine. Unlike PVC :bang:. Oh, You are going to want to find a length that works for you at some point and make the cut. But you're getting 2x 2.5 feet of tubing. That's a generous amount for a host of projects. :science:

Alright, just pulled the ABV out of the Tall 14mm bowl. GBV - golden brown vapage. The materials look uncurled, but evenly browned.

Had some ABV that I used at 185C in my own setup. Filled the Tall 14mm bowl and set the temps at 200C. Success! A few solid draws. So far so swimmingly.....:sherlock: Well got to get back on the case and look for clues,.... for vaping bliss and defeat my nemesis Dr. Combustion. :cuss:

Last edited:

lambu

GDay Brothers
New Here
Have read some of this thread
Way toooo big

Lil feddback

DSCF5168.JPG

sorry,
need to learn a new procrdure
this was the pic

ja.png

Last edited by a moderator:

lambu

"
What feedback or procedure information do you seek?
"

This is not Faceboook or?
labbu

lambu,
Top Bottom