The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

Konrad_Zuse

steven22 said:
lol ... it sucks that I bought the v3 a few months ago at $230... and real soon the Q comes out, and now today its $150

oh well... i still love my v3 and dont regret it... just one of those hurt my manhood feelings of not getting best deal possible.
Honestly man, I've heard mixed reviews of both units, and I've heard more people loving the E than the EQ, but I have no idea. Either way I LOVE my Extreme. I bought it for 311, with the scroll lock case, and extra screens from vapeworld.

Konrad_Zuse,

dudu0069

FUCK FUCK FUCK I HATE THIS WEBSITE :lol::lol::lol:

i already have the extreme 3.0 and now this comes out so i decided to pass on it since it is the same thing but at $150 shipped i had to DAMN THIS WEBSITE i have 2 of the same vapes now. I am gonna have to sell my extreme 3.0 to a friend of mine and get him introduced to vaping. I was hoping to save up and get the PD or the MZ but at $150 for the latest one i had to and now i need to figure out what to do with the original.

thanks for the link to ebay.

dudu0069,

FloridaBoy

I got lucky to stumble across that price on ebay yesterday. I was about to buy the v3 for 299 and figured I start doing a little research before I dished out that kind of :2c:. Then I found out there was a v4, was like shit I just dogged a bullet. Googled the Q and started searching ebay for it. THe ebay sell went up literally 30 mins before I came accross it, it was like a sign for the vape gods to BUY IT. Pass along the word I'm sure steve will be stoked on the business. Cheers.:ko:

dudu0069 said:
FUCK FUCK FUCK I HATE THIS WEBSITE :lol::lol::lol:

i already have the extreme 3.0 and now this comes out so i decided to pass on it since it is the same thing but at $150 shipped i had to DAMN THIS WEBSITE i have 2 of the same vapes now. I am gonna have to sell my extreme 3.0 to a friend of mine and get him introduced to vaping. I was hoping to save up and get the PD or the MZ but at $150 for the latest one i had to and now i need to figure out what to do with the original.

thanks for the link to ebay.

FloridaBoy,

steven22

yup, already had a friend of mine buy it...

is the Q that much better than the v3?.. at that price, I feel like buying one too

if I were to sell a used v3 on ebay or CL... how much would it fetch?... is it worth the price difference to upgrade to a Q?

steven22,

IIDXBoss

realvapedman said:
I just picked up a Delux Dual Screen Hand Kit Whip from Vaporstore.com

Here's a link... https://www.vaporstore.com/proddetail.php?prod=VT-DXHK

Its designed for their Vapor Tower Vaporizer but they said that they tested it on an EQ and it fits. They guaranteed that it would fit or I can return it. I should get it in on Wednesday so I'll let evryone know how it works. I cant wait.
Hey can you PLEASE let us know how that works out? It looks like the perfect accessory for the Q.

IIDXBoss,

saeton

that little combo pack looks really nice and like it could really take the extreme new a new level.

question for folks with the extreme: what's the lowest temp using the elbow pack you've gotten pretty high from? do you pack the elbow the whole way or just enough to cover the screen?

saeton,

IIDXBoss

saeton said:
that little combo pack looks really nice and like it could really take the extreme new a new level.

question for folks with the extreme: what's the lowest temp using the elbow pack you've gotten pretty high from? do you pack the elbow the whole way or just enough to cover the screen?
I pack enough that it doesn't fall out when I put it on. If I have a friend over or something I'll pack it all the way.

I usually start around 175 or 180 and then I move up to 200 when I have had a bag and then maybe one more at 210. I'm going to start experimenting at higher temps though. My ABV is usually fairly brown and starts to taste bad so I know it's getting used up pretty well.

IIDXBoss,

hereatlast

IIDXBOSS and realvapedman, for what its worth I posted a pretty lengthy review of that accessory a few pages back, (page 26, post 639); I won't repost cause thats ridiculous :lol:

That ebay deal is amazing, I hope all is well with Arizer?

hereatlast,

IIDXBoss

hereatlast said:
IIDXBOSS and realvapedman, for what its worth I posted a pretty lengthy review of that accessory a few pages back, (page 26, post 639); I won't repost cause thats ridiculous :lol:

That ebay deal is amazing, I hope all is well with Arizer?
Thanks. I just read it, makes me want one.

I find that using the whip with the Q results in no vapor showing when I exhale. When I use a bag I get really thick hits. I want a better whip where I can see the vapor.

IIDXBoss,

hereatlast

Ya, the fan really pushes vapor. Have you tried fan-assist whip hits?

I still pop the fan on every now and then when I'm vaporbonging to finish the herb; with the new VT wand the fan just barely pushes bubbles through one or two holes of the downstem, either way it's much easier to milk that way.

hereatlast,

gim

I bought it a couple weeks ago at 200$ new. I'm not worried about the price drop at all because it was worth it then at 200$ and it is certainly worth it now at 150$. I've been preaching the benefits to all my buddies who still combust.

gim,

IIDXBoss

hereatlast said:
Ya, the fan really pushes vapor. Have you tried fan-assist whip hits?

I still pop the fan on every now and then when I'm vaporbonging to finish the herb; with the new VT wand the fan just barely pushes bubbles through one or two holes of the downstem, either way it's much easier to milk that way.
Yeah I use the fan for whip hits. Do you usually use 1 2 or 3 for the fan speed?

IIDXBoss,

dudu0069

Modnote: Duplicate post removed. Please do not double-post or cross-post the same message in multiple forums.

dudu0069,

dudu0069

thanks man another member in the other thread said it was a stemless natural perc'd tube. I ended up at under a $100 otd with some glass cleaner and tax for the setup. I am sure it was a price mistake since they lady had to get a approval over the phone from the owner since it was originally like $160. I was looking for a pipe in the $50-$75 range and they had a real nice one with ice catcher for $75 but knocked it down to $60 and i was close to getting that but decided to splurge on the perc setup. I am glad i did not have to buy the glass on glass adapter and the whip elbow worked out perfect

dudu0069,

CollapsedSilence

I want to post my review and settings of the Q. I am an experienced vape user, and would consider this to be on the same par as a 'cano. The main difference is that the cano can fill a bag in about 1/3 the time, making it a better party vape if you're set on bags. However, the whip feature is a BIG factor in my book, and the price made it worthwhile.

Now, in terms of temperature, I prefer to have relatively thick stream of vape, but not superthick white; that defeats the purpose entirely. If you are not getting quality hits in the traditional bowl (not the elbow) at 200C, then you might not be using enough herb. This bowl is extremely large, don't be shy. Fill it half-way to the black. Every little bit of heat you are drawing needs to be engulfed in herb to produce the quality hits you want, that's why loading the elbow makes it so much more thick and amazing.
Though there is nothing better than a kief (or hash) elbow bowl :o
-sprinkle a little herb on the bottom just to prevent hash drippings making a mess

This vaporizer is EXTREMELY efficient. I turn it on, let it heat up at 195 for 10min with no herb, 10min with, and leave it on all day. Take as many hits as you want, and if you don't plan on hitting it again for an hour or so, just drop it down 20-30degrees (just so the bowl isn't as hot when you come back). You can literally come back two hours later ( I can't resist that long :lol: ), turn it back up to 200 or so, stir it, and start hitting instantly. I vape regularly all day, and one bowl will last at least a day or day and a half.

CollapsedSilence,

gramman

Awesome. The Q is amazing. Can't wait to chief on it soon:ninja:

I wish the plastic around the rim was more heat resistant so I could take the bowl off to clear and reload and just rest it on that plastic if need be. A simple yet practical suggestion I think. OOH or they could make cool custom inserts that rest on our Q's base. Like one like a tray/rack for glass elbows and bowls, even a ditch in the center above the temp gauge for dispensed herb:cool:

gramman,

M3GHAN

HEY!! I got an extreme-q vapourizer.... its awesome...but didn't come with detailed intructions which sux cause Ive never owned one before and would like some cheat sheets on how to use it... anyone got any tips?
:peace:
M3GHAN

M3GHAN,

sneaky101

Grats on the vape M3GHAN! Read this post and it should be sufficient instructions, although as a disclaimer, all of this info I got on this very thread. Without this site, I probably wouldn't be using the Q now. This is my review of the ExtremeQ vape.

Let me start out by giving a big thanks to everyone here who has posted info on how they use there Q.

When I first got my Q just after 4:20 :brow:, I used it with my wife and let me say, it tasted great, but the high wasn't there. After a few days of using the Q I was just about ready to write it off as a learning experience as I had before (with a completely different type of vape) then I stumbled across this site. After about 2 weeks worth of reading just to get through this thread, I finally figured out how to use this thing. Now, I rarely combust anymore and my lungs are thanking me! and you too fellow FC friends. I will now explain how I use the Q to achieve a good vaping experience with clouds of vapor.

First, like many others here, I do preheat my unit. I don't know who it was that said it here before me, but I let it go for about 10min at 205C. While it is preheating I get my elbow pack ready. I started just sucking thru the whip to load it and tamp it down with my pinky or the blunt end of the stirring tool. After 10min or so I place the whip on the cyclone bowl and let it warm the herb for about 2 minutes and turn the heat down to 195C and let it sit for another minute.

That first hit is soooo sweet tasting and a good cloud of vapor is released that sometimes even makes me cough. I usually get about 4 draws at 195C with each exhale the vapor cloud getting thinner and thinner. Next I will turn the heat up to 205C and after a minute I will pull another hit or two and dump it out and grind up the herb with the blunt end of the stirring tool to a fine powder. While I'm doing this I turn the unit up to 220C to heat up. Once the herb is ground up, it fills the elbow about 1/2 as much as in the beginning. At 220C I can get a few more draws depending on how hard it was hit before. All in all I would say I get between 7-11 (11 being generous) draws off of one elbow pack, 0.10g. If I am vaping by myself it usually takes 2 elbow packs to get the job done. Would be nice to take in more, but harvest is a ways away so I have to conserve. After 220C I have found it isn't really worth it to go any higher as the weed is usually spent anyway.

I used the bags at first, but didn't like waiting on the bags to inflate so I switched exclusively to the whip and haven't looked back.

I know this isn't how everyone uses thier Q, but it works GREAT for me.

Again, let me give you all a big thanks on all of the info on the Q....2 thumbs up!

sneaky101,

realvapedman

sneaky101 said:
Grats on the vape M3GHAN! Read this post and it should be sufficient instructions, although as a disclaimer, all of this info I got on this very thread. Without this site, I probably wouldn't be using the Q now. This is my review of the ExtremeQ vape.

Let me start out by giving a big thanks to everyone here who has posted info on how they use there Q.

When I first got my Q just after 4:20 :brow:, I used it with my wife and let me say, it tasted great, but the high wasn't there. After a few days of using the Q I was just about ready to write it off as a learning experience as I had before (with a completely different type of vape) then I stumbled across this site. After about 2 weeks worth of reading just to get through this thread, I finally figured out how to use this thing. Now, I rarely combust anymore and my lungs are thanking me! and you too fellow FC friends. I will now explain how I use the Q to achieve a good vaping experience with clouds of vapor.

First, like many others here, I do preheat my unit. I don't know who it was that said it here before me, but I let it go for about 10min at 205C. While it is preheating I get my elbow pack ready. I started just sucking thru the whip to load it and tamp it down with my pinky or the blunt end of the stirring tool. After 10min or so I place the whip on the cyclone bowl and let it warm the herb for about 2 minutes and turn the heat down to 195C and let it sit for another minute.

That first hit is soooo sweet tasting and a good cloud of vapor is released that sometimes even makes me cough. I usually get about 4 draws at 195C with each exhale the vapor cloud getting thinner and thinner. Next I will turn the heat up to 205C and after a minute I will pull another hit or two and dump it out and grind up the herb with the blunt end of the stirring tool to a fine powder. While I'm doing this I turn the unit up to 220C to heat up. Once the herb is ground up, it fills the elbow about 1/2 as much as in the beginning. At 220C I can get a few more draws depending on how hard it was hit before. All in all I would say I get between 7-11 (11 being generous) draws off of one elbow pack, 0.10g. If I am vaping by myself it usually takes 2 elbow packs to get the job done. Would be nice to take in more, but harvest is a ways away so I have to conserve. After 220C I have found it isn't really worth it to go any higher as the weed is usually spent anyway.

I used the bags at first, but didn't like waiting on the bags to inflate so I switched exclusively to the whip and haven't looked back.

I know this isn't how everyone uses thier Q, but it works GREAT for me.

Again, let me give you all a big thanks on all of the info on the Q....2 thumbs up!
I too noticed that going beyond 220 degs just gives me a burned taste on the palate followed by a tummy ache. Hey Sneaky, you are becoming a full blown vapeologist. Im so proud. :D

realvapedman,

M3GHAN

hey again!! M3GHAN here... thanx for all the info.. just wondering about the fan useage... when and how do u use the fan??
:peace:

M3GHAN,
Top Bottom