The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

CollapsedSilence

I only use the fan for filling bags, I'll put it on 2 to get a pretty good consistency, 3 if I'm impatient. When using the whip, I prefer to control the consistency of the vapor throughout the bowl with my own pull. I'll usually pull at a slow pace, and speed/slow the rate based on harshness / quantity. The way I gauge my pull speed is to pull at the rate it takes 25-30 seconds to fill my lungs completely, however I only pull for 20 seconds, and hold my hit for 30 after.

The manual states this for fan controlled forced air whip:
#1 setting (low speed) for a light steam/vapor
#2 setting (medium speed) for a bit faster delivery
#3 setting (high speed) for a fast delivery.

Good luck!

CollapsedSilence,

M3GHAN

THANX CollapsedSilence...I think I have it figured out... I kinda like using the fan because Im paralized n my diaphram doesn't work the way it used to so I turn it on half way through my pull to fill my lungs easier..but me n my b/f were trying to figure it out for him and others... that was good tho totally appriciate it
:peace:
M3GHAN

M3GHAN,

dawson_canuck

I finally got my EQ and gave it a good test this past month lol. The EQ is superior to the ol E3!!! so quiet and the temp sensors seem to be very damn close to sensing herb temp! I reccomend the EQ to everyone! before i reccomended the E3 lol, arizer kills it!

dawson_canuck,

realvapedman

I just got my Vapor Tower Dual Screen Hand Kit Whip in from Vaporstore. I fitted it to my EQ this morning to make sure that it fits and it fits perfect, but I didnt use it. I'm gonna break it in this evening and report back to let you know what I think of it and add too hereatlast's review. I like the fact that the tubing on the whip is of a bigger diameter. Should make for easier drags. The herbs also sit a little closer to the heating element so I'll probably start vaping at 180 degrees C when I test it out instead of my usual 190 degs. I cant wait. :brow:

realvapedman,

IIDXBoss

Now that I've had my Q for about a month I just wanted to weigh in on my thoughts.

I'm a daily smoker and have been for a few years. I used to have a vapir hand unit that I really liked, but I always found that I would crave a bong hit or two after I vaped.

I leave my Q at my g/fs place and I've found that everytime I'm there I end up vaping and that's it. I have no need to combust at all any more. I think that the efficiency and the high is so much better compared to combustion. With combustion I tend to feel sluggish and burned out by the time I'm ready to re-up. With vape it's much better and a lot less burn out.

IIDXBoss,

dudu0069

realvapedman said:
sneaky101 said:
Grats on the vape M3GHAN! Read this post and it should be sufficient instructions, although as a disclaimer, all of this info I got on this very thread. Without this site, I probably wouldn't be using the Q now. This is my review of the ExtremeQ vape.

Let me start out by giving a big thanks to everyone here who has posted info on how they use there Q.

When I first got my Q just after 4:20 :brow:, I used it with my wife and let me say, it tasted great, but the high wasn't there. After a few days of using the Q I was just about ready to write it off as a learning experience as I had before (with a completely different type of vape) then I stumbled across this site. After about 2 weeks worth of reading just to get through this thread, I finally figured out how to use this thing. Now, I rarely combust anymore and my lungs are thanking me! and you too fellow FC friends. I will now explain how I use the Q to achieve a good vaping experience with clouds of vapor.

First, like many others here, I do preheat my unit. I don't know who it was that said it here before me, but I let it go for about 10min at 205C. While it is preheating I get my elbow pack ready. I started just sucking thru the whip to load it and tamp it down with my pinky or the blunt end of the stirring tool. After 10min or so I place the whip on the cyclone bowl and let it warm the herb for about 2 minutes and turn the heat down to 195C and let it sit for another minute.

That first hit is soooo sweet tasting and a good cloud of vapor is released that sometimes even makes me cough. I usually get about 4 draws at 195C with each exhale the vapor cloud getting thinner and thinner. Next I will turn the heat up to 205C and after a minute I will pull another hit or two and dump it out and grind up the herb with the blunt end of the stirring tool to a fine powder. While I'm doing this I turn the unit up to 220C to heat up. Once the herb is ground up, it fills the elbow about 1/2 as much as in the beginning. At 220C I can get a few more draws depending on how hard it was hit before. All in all I would say I get between 7-11 (11 being generous) draws off of one elbow pack, 0.10g. If I am vaping by myself it usually takes 2 elbow packs to get the job done. Would be nice to take in more, but harvest is a ways away so I have to conserve. After 220C I have found it isn't really worth it to go any higher as the weed is usually spent anyway.

I used the bags at first, but didn't like waiting on the bags to inflate so I switched exclusively to the whip and haven't looked back.

I know this isn't how everyone uses thier Q, but it works GREAT for me.

Again, let me give you all a big thanks on all of the info on the Q....2 thumbs up!
I too noticed that going beyond 220 degs just gives me a burned taste on the palate followed by a tummy ache. Hey Sneaky, you are becoming a full blown vapeologist. Im so proud. :D
just recently i got a water pipe to help filter out the taste and help bring down the vape to a nice cool cool feel versus slightly warm from the whip. What i like about water filter is i can take the temps higher up to 240 and still get a decent hit. My avb is much darker in cooler and i can stretch out a bowl for longer than before. You might spend some money on a setup but with being able to get more hits out of it and using less herb it will save you in the long run. Heck i spent less than $100 on my setup and have a feeling within 2-3 months i will get my money back. I noticed the savings also when i switched over to a vape since i was using less herb and it tasted much much better and of course the health effects.

dudu0069,

saeton

any updates realvapedman? i was looking at that combo pack as well.

As i keep using this I keep getting better with it, but I'm still noticing people vaping up in the 200s celsius, aren't you getting really tired from that? If I do over 185 I get exhausted, even if I'm awake it seems. Do you ever go lower or do it different with sativas? I'm looking to get that head high during the day but 175-180 seems to get it somewhat there, but 190+ seems to get me tired... thoughts?

saeton,

gim

I'm with ya saeton. I start at 170 and work up to 190, If I start hitting 200+ I get couchlock.

I also don't get real milky hits in that range, but the taste is much better.

gim,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
The higher temps is where you start vaporizing CDB's which give you the pain relief and the other sought after medicinal qualities as well as the couch lock feeling... that is what I call getting stoned. Those lower temps get you some THC and other light weight oils to give you that clear head high and some energy... that is what I call getting high instead of stoned. Nice to be able to choose which effect you feel like by using a variable temp vape like the Q.

DeepFried,
Reactions: TomC1315

WetLunGz

I'm in the market for a vaporizer and I have sone qustions before purchasing an extreme q.
Does the fan have a filter?
What's the biggest bowl I can pack? And how long will it last?
Do the bags leak? If so how much? Is there a safety measure in place if your too stoned and forget you have a bag filling?
Would it be possible and effective to hook up an oxygen mask to this unit?
I apologize if these have already been answered. Happy vaping

WetLunGz,

Konrad_Zuse

WetLunGz said:
I'm in the market for a vaporizer and I have sone qustions before purchasing an extreme q.
Does the fan have a filter?
What's the biggest bowl I can pack? And how long will it last?
Do the bags leak? If so how much? Is there a safety measure in place if your too stoned and forget you have a bag filling?
Would it be possible and effective to hook up an oxygen mask to this unit?
I apologize if these have already been answered. Happy vaping
I replied to your other topic, but what I know about my extreme is:

Fan is just a fan, not "filter", just a normal fan passing air.

I can pack my extreme to about .8-1g I believe. I filled it up to .45 got 10 bags out of it, and got high the entire next day.

Bags do leak, there is no valve for it, you need to either plug it, or vape the netire bag.

You shouldn't forget about the bags, I'm not sure what happens, they most likely will pop?

I don't know why you would want a mask, but you could I guess, vapormasks I hear really mess your eyes and nose up.

Konrad_Zuse,

WetLunGz

I was thinking a mask would be truly hands free. Ps I was thinkin more oxygen tank mask not chemical warfare mask. But I have yt to hear from some1 who uses one

WetLunGz,

steven22

couple things,

i have the v3, and my heater cover isnt broken or anything, but I think its a little loose. if I hold it with my fingers or the cyclone, I can wiggle it slighly, a cm. Is there a way I can tighten it?

--
Turkey basting bags have been recommended as replacement bags on the cheap. I bought reynolds oven bags size LARGE, they are shaped funky, and looks like a fat midget bag.

anyways, anyone know which brand/size bags are the most similar to the stock one?

steven22,

hereatlast

Steven--the unit seems to be designed to allow for that wiggle. If you read through this thread or the longer v3 thread I'm sure you'd encounter your same concern a couple times. I don't think there is a way or reason to tighten, you might end up damaging the heater cover (which seems to be the most commonly damaged/faulty part on the unit already) which would require an Arizer in-house fix. I forget why the wiggle is there but the following seems to be the consensus: if the cyclone ever gets 'sticky,' wiggle as you've described and DON'T twist, the twisting could damage the cover.

hereatlast,

steven22

hereatlast said:
Steven--the unit seems to be designed to allow for that wiggle. If you read through this thread or the longer v3 thread I'm sure you'd encounter your same concern a couple times. I don't think there is a way or reason to tighten, you might end up damaging the heater cover (which seems to be the most commonly damaged/faulty part on the unit already) which would require an Arizer in-house fix. I forget why the wiggle is there but the following seems to be the consensus: if the cyclone ever gets 'sticky,' wiggle as you've described and DON'T twist, the twisting could damage the cover.
well im not talking about the cyclone wiggling on the heater cover.

but the heater cover slightly wiggling on the tower. it feels a tiny bit loose, i can hear a tiny faint click sound when the heater cover wiggles to the extremes of its wiggle range.

is that normal?...fixable?... it just feels like it gets a tiny bit looser as it gets used daily.

my cyclone really never got stuck on the unit, so that is never an issue for me.

the reason why this is causing concern for me is, if the heater is loose, id like to tighten it now while its still early... and not when it completely comes off (if it ever does)... and if its slanted, I figured it messed with the airpath and vaporization , even if its a small change.

steven22,

hereatlast

Steven--I'd contact Arizer directly if your concerned, their customer service has proved to be great over and over.

hereatlast,

FloridaBoy

Just got my Q today and all I can say is WOW :D

This is my first vape and have never tried one before but have always been intriged by one. Wasn't sure if I was getting high or not. I'm so used to milky bong hits but I'm definately feelin' it now(After about 4 long whip hits :ko:)

Definately recommended! I'm going to experiment for a few weeks i'll post my conclusions then. Thanks to everyone who posted their knowledge, helped out. Cheers

FloridaBoy,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
WetLunGz said:
I was thinking a mask would be truly hands free. Ps I was thinkin more oxygen tank mask not chemical warfare mask. But I have yt to hear from some1 who uses one
Look back in this thread, there was a picture of a guy and how he hooked one up.

@floridaboy, this forum is only big enough for 1 towlie

DeepFried,

realvapedman

OK. I got my Dual Screen Hand Kit in from VaporStore and I have been using it exclusively since Wednesday last week. The first thing I noticed was how big the bowl is. Can you say LONG ASS SESSIONS. If you are not willing to grind up close to 1 full gram of herbs to properly pack this bowl then you are better off looking elsewhere or sticking with the stock cyclone bowl / elbow setup. That being said, I really like the fact that one bowl packed in this new whip did the same job on my head as three bowls packed in the elbow. I like the convenienece of not having to repack. On this new whip, by the time I have to stir my herbs to get more vapor out of them I am already feeling really nice. The tubing has a wider diameter and I really like the easy pulling action it provides. Once you get used to the wider tubing you will feel like the original whip has an obstructed airway. Also the vaping temp on this whip is lower because the herbs sit closer to the heating element. On the stock whip cyclone bowl / elbow I was vaping at 190 degs C. On this new VaporStore whip I had to lower my temp to 160 degs C. Actually the hits from this new whip are so thick and flavorful that I had to lower my temp another 10 degs to 150 degs C for the first 5 hits and then move up for there. Also, herbs are ready to be stirred by 200 degs C, where as in the elbow your good all the way up to 230 degs. The temps are all relative I guess, but with this whip I find you can get much richer hits at lower temps and common sense tells you that means you are getting more out of your machine and your herbs when you can achieve a better quality vapor at a lower temp. The proof is in the darker color of your spent buds.

Bottom line: IMHO this whip kit will transform your EQ into a whole new machine.

Pros: Bigger bowl means longer sessions (Bigger Bowl compared to elbow packing not cyclone bowl).
Wider tubing gives a better action on the draw.
Beautiful blown glass with colors adds some nice bling to the EQ.
Vapor is thicker and richer.

Cons: Bigger bowl means you gotta be commited to at least .75 grams otherwise go pack your elbow.
You wont want to use the cyclone/elbow anymore.

I highly reccomend this whip kit for those looking for a freer flowing whip that delivers thick rich vapor from their EQ. ;)

realvapedman,

FloridaBoy

DeepFried said:
WetLunGz said:
Look back in this thread, there was a picture of a guy and how he hooked one up.

Your a towel

FloridaBoy,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
FloridaBoy said:
DeepFried said:
WetLunGz said:

Your a towel
LOL.. no you're a towel

DeepFried,

Pappy

shmaporist
Just got in on the hush hush $149 EQ deal from Arizer. Although I also bought a DBV last month I couldn't pass it up. Got an extra 4 bag kit too. Can't wait!

Pappy,
Top Bottom