The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
i hooked up my friends roor to my extreme q last night with the two elbows and pvc pipe that came with it. i couldn't function after a few rounds of that! trying to find a new bubbler/bong for my vape since my old bong just broke a week ago but i can't find anything in the $100-$150 range that I like
Check out the Cheap Glass thread.

:peace:

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
http://www.etsy.com/listing/120846709/vchillum-chillum-for-vaporizer
This looks fun :) although nothing special .. but since solo has its wooden stem why not other arizers too ?
il_570xN.417277707_ef9x.jpg

Abysmal Vapor,

JCruiser

New member here. The Q was my first vape and my DD for years and recently has been serving me great again when i needed her to come out of retirement. It was the information here that led me to choose the Q and i was not disappointed. I have three friends that got Q's and all have been work horses for 2+ years. The super easy glass heater cover replacement is really great too. I was quite surprised how cheaply and easily i repaired my unit when I broke the heater cover a long while back.

If they made a female to female adapter that put the elbow pack closer to the heater core and made an elbow adapter with more airflow, wouldnt the Q stand up nicely to all the new big hitters? and if that new F-F adapter was shaped differently (skinner i assume?) than the cyclone bowl would that help get rid of the hotspot in the middle of the elbow pack?

JCruiser,

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
...If they made a female to female adapter that put the elbow pack closer to the heater core and made an elbow adapter with more airflow, wouldnt the Q stand up nicely to all the new big hitters? and if that new F-F adapter was shaped differently (skinner i assume?) than the cyclone bowl would that help get rid of the hotspot in the middle of the elbow pack?
welcome jcruizer... a local head shop had a F/F piece that was shorter than a cyclone.. and in the middle there was some kind of screen holder.. not like the disc in the Cyclone bowl though.. it might have been slightly slimmer but not much.. seems kinda like what your'e talking about.. i bet you can find one out there

Buildozer,

max

Out to lunch
If they made a female to female adapter that put the elbow pack closer to the heater core and made an elbow adapter with more airflow, wouldnt the Q stand up nicely to all the new big hitters? and if that new F-F adapter was shaped differently (skinner i assume?) than the cyclone bowl would that help get rid of the hotspot in the middle of the elbow pack?
IMO the designer doesn't want to admit (at least to this extent) that the original bowl design is inferior to other whip units for getting thick vapor hits. Using the elbow screen was always a modification suggested for those wanting richer hits. I'm sure the E is still selling very well and they don't view it as something that's broken and needs to be fixed.

max,
New member here. The Q was my first vape and my DD for years and recently has been serving me great again when i needed her to come out of retirement. It was the information here that led me to choose the Q and i was not disappointed. I have three friends that got Q's and all have been work horses for 2+ years. The super easy glass heater cover replacement is really great too. I was quite surprised how cheaply and easily i repaired my unit when I broke the heater cover a long while back.

What about this:

alt_3-3-12-1051.jpg

On another note, I was thinking about this for direct-connect to a waterpipe:

alt_8-15-11-124.jpg

alt_8-3-11-197.jpg

Any objections?

kingofnull,

ExtremeQ719

Hello everyone. I inherited an Extreme Q from someone who barely used it about a year ago and I've just recently been using it more. Well for about 3 days now, it doesn't matter if I elbow pack or Cyclone pack Or BOTH, I can NOT get a hit. I blow out Nothing!! Even on the first hit!

Here's my method (that I practically learned from people on this forum):

Heat up EQ to 230 with Fan on for 10 minutes.
Then load elbow pack, and stick on and leave there while turning the heat down to 185.
Leave for 2-4 minutes.
First few hits with no fan (since it's so thick)
and after the excess vape dies off I take my hits with fan setting 1 going up +5c every 5 or so hits.

To even further that. I drink water while vaping, I do deep breathing excercises before after and during Vaping. I completely let out all the air and then hit the whip.
I'm not doing Anything wrong, and it seems like overnight it just stopped working right.

Please help me FC.

I bought ISO alcohol and cleaned all the glass parts. and took off the Base of the vape and used compressed air on the inside. I've literally Done everything I can think of.

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

ExtremeQ719,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
What about this:

alt_3-3-12-1051.jpg

I don't think I follow exactly the setup, but I can say that this piece will not fit down over the Q's heater cover - the "handle" in the center obstructs it clearing through the top bezel. And where does the screen go to prevent material dropping down into the unit?

EDIT: Another alternative is to use a different bowl like the vaportower's. I helped a friend set that up just yesterday and he was getting thick milk @200C. Much less drag than elbow-pack.

oldiebutgoodie,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Hello everyone. I inherited an Extreme Q from someone who barely used it about a year ago and I've just recently been using it more. Well for about 3 days now, it doesn't matter if I elbow pack or Cyclone pack Or BOTH, I can NOT get a hit. I blow out Nothing!! Even on the first hit!

Here's my method (that I practically learned from people on this forum):

Heat up EQ to 230 with Fan on for 10 minutes.
Then load elbow pack, and stick on and leave there while turning the heat down to 185.
Leave for 2-4 minutes.
First few hits with no fan (since it's so thick)
and after the excess vape dies off I take my hits with fan setting 1 going up +5c every 5 or so hits.

To even further that. I drink water while vaping, I do deep breathing excercises before after and during Vaping. I completely let out all the air and then hit the whip.
I'm not doing Anything wrong, and it seems like overnight it just stopped working right.

Please help me FC.

I bought ISO alcohol and cleaned all the glass parts. and took off the Base of the vape and used compressed air on the inside. I've literally Done everything I can think of.

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

Do you mean that it was working and stopped?

The symptoms fit a broken heater cover, but you said you took the base off. Did you see whether the glass heater cover was intact? If it is a broken heater cover, the fix is cheap and easy to do yourself.

pakalolo,

harmudge

It could also be a clogged elbow screen.
Even if it looks clear of debris it could be clogged with oils/residue, as sometimes happens to mine.
I just sit the elbow screen in some boiling water for a minute or two and allow to dry.

harmudge,

ExtremeQ719

Do you mean that it was working and stopped?

The symptoms fit a broken heater cover, but you said you took the base off. Did you see whether the glass heater cover was intact? If it is a broken heater cover, the fix is cheap and easy to do yourself.

Thanks. If i can find a screwdriver i will definitely check that out. I'll spend 15 bucks on a replacement cover (+15 for shipping are you serious?) and then sell it later on and get the newer Black one with 27 supposed upgrades. I've got the chrome Extreme Q with a max temp of 260C

Edit: I just did an elbow pack and got a very wispy hit the first 3 times and now it has pretty much stopped. And just to get those 3 hits I had to have the Fan on 3 while I'm taking in 10+ second hits. This is BS

Edit #2: Loaded an elbow pack on the mini whip and have been managing to get pathetic yet helpful hits.... Definitely going to check out this heater core problem. Makes a lot of sense now.

ExtremeQ719,

harmudge

That's not normal...my EQ is packing a serious punch after the first 1 or 2 pulls....but this does kinda sound like how mines performs when the elbow screen gets blocked by sticky residue that is no longer sticky, so you don't really know it's there...as there is no stickyness and you can still see through the screen you don't know it's blocked.

Boil a kettle, get a little washing up liquid and a small bowl/container and steep your elbow bowl for a few moments...give it a little going over after steeping and then rinse and dry and see if there is any improvement.

harmudge,

oldiebutgoodie

Have you tried to just blow a bag with the Cyclone bowl? Load the bowl half-way, temp ~190C, Fan 3 stopping a couple times to stir. What do you get?

oldiebutgoodie,

Omnispo

Have you tried to just blow a bag with the Cyclone bowl? Load the bowl half-way, temp ~190C, Fan 3 stopping a couple times to stir. What do you get?
Yes it works better than the elbow bowl to fill the bag.

I wonder how many different ways water-vapers have connected an EQ to a water pipe or bubbler..? I have seen many adapters and various DIY configurations... I love simple all glass vapor paths, but as an exception, the adapter from whip-tubing--> male 18 mm Glass makes it easy as well,

No more combustion for me.
In my daily life,
Ecigs and EQs have replaced
tarcigs and bic lit cancerbowls, for good!

Greetings Fellow FCians!!! Feels great to be here!! What took me so long?

mod note: Welcome to FC. Please don't make back-to-back posts, use the Edit feature. Three posts merged.

cellardoor

So I've been seeing reports of combustion online and I want to try to avoid that, any tips?

cellardoor,

JCruiser

Ive never combusted. Ive gone up to 250c with elbow packs. I think you'd have to try really hard to get a Q to combust.

JCruiser,
I've been wanting a desktop with whip and bag capabilities; for some sick reason (vas), I felt my collection was lacking. :lol: After reading up on a couple of devices, I eventually decided on the eq.

Last week I snagged an eq (v3) from the classifieds. After playing around with it for a week, I can confidently say that I made an awesome decision. :rockon:
  1. cyclone+whip (passive): :tup:
  2. cyclone+whip (fan level 1 or 2): :tup:
  3. elbow pack+whip: :tup::tup:
  4. bag (fan level 3): :tup::tup::tup:
So I've been seeing reports of combustion online and I want to try to avoid that, any tips?

I was able to combust, but only after reeeally pushing the eq. I had it set to the max 260 C, loaded about 1/2 the standard cyclone bowl (1/4 of the entire cyclone) with some finely ground (but not powder) dry herb. After getting the fan kicking at level 3, I sat back and waited for the bag to fill.

As I watched, I thought to myself, "Wow, that is really dense and milky." Then out of the corner of my eye I saw a brief flash in the cyclone. Combustion. :doh:

I wasn't intentionally trying to combust, but I definitely was trying to see what the eq would do at max temp. :science:

After my post-game analysis, all I can say is... don't do what I did.

Since then, I typically set it to 210 C.

[btw great username; deus ex machina]

I'd also like to share my el-cheapo eq mp plug.

eqcorked.jpg

equncorked.jpg

I wish I could remember where I got the tiny cork. I can confidently say that it was from some sort of vape accessory. :nod:

I took an x-acto and carved the narrow end of the cork to fit the mp. Add a push pin and some twine and you're good to go!

tinydancer22

hottest of pinks
Hello, new to this site just for this reason... I've had my q tower for a while now ans I love it but I went to turn it on a few weeks back and it turns on for a second then turns off. The light on the power supply also dims. Please help! I love this thing! I was thinking maybe I need to buy a now power cord or something... any suggestions? Thanks!

tinydancer22,

oldiebutgoodie

. . . I wish I could remember where I got the tiny cork. I can confidently say that it was from some sort of vape accessory. :nod:

I took an x-acto and carved the narrow end of the cork to fit the mp. Add a push pin and some twine and you're good to go!

I was at Ace Hardware today buying some corks and was surprised that they sell very small ones - small enough to fit into the glass piece. I had to laugh, as the question of what to use for a stopper has been asked repeatedly and this solution - or yours - is a simple one. I really liked your pin/twine enhancement. :whip:

Hello, new to this site just for this reason... I've had my q tower for a while now ans I love it but I went to turn it on a few weeks back and it turns on for a second then turns off. The light on the power supply also dims. Please help! I love this thing! I was thinking maybe I need to buy a now power cord or something... any suggestions? Thanks!

So not under warranty? Where did you purchase?

Top Bottom