The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
hmm...well I can safely say that my case is different for a fact but to each his own

m0sh,

hogleg

yeah me too I like the tuffbowl and I feel like it insulates and stays a little hotter than the regular cyclone bowl

hogleg,

exmilker

i have a problem.... i hate that after couple uses my screen in my cyclone bowl gets loose and flys up when i rip my bubbler dropping the material down onto the heating element....

ive tried - cutting it, pushing it, bending it, folding it, its annoying me... anywhere i can get a good fitting screen or anyone has any suggestions on making the screen fit nice and tight....p.s. i tried all these method with a pack of screens that i bought from a shop.

exmilker,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
To start with I have 2 screens in the bottom of my cyclone bowl. The bottom one is flat, the one on top is domed upwards. I find this to be adequate. After a few bowls the resin lodges the screens in place I find.

J.R.R.Tokin',

hogleg

way back someone mentioned making a spring type spacer to raise the screen I did this and I leave a screen at the bottom as well

hogleg,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
exmilker said:
i have a problem.... i hate that after couple uses my screen in my cyclone bowl gets loose and flys up when i rip my bubbler dropping the material down onto the heating element....

ive tried - cutting it, pushing it, bending it, folding it, its annoying me... anywhere i can get a good fitting screen or anyone has any suggestions on making the screen fit nice and tight....p.s. i tried all these method with a pack of screens that i bought from a shop.

How close a match were the shop screens to the stock? If not the same or very close, I wonder if that might be a factor.

I take it you tried the dome shape as I suggested? Mine is a rather flat dome, not perfectly curved. The key is to get the diameter to just the slightest bit more than that of the cyclone, so that it needs to be tucked down all around its edge with the stir stick. If it sits snug and evenly atop and around the ~1/8" glass ledge, it stays in place and material can't get around it. I've also used the 2-screen method, but once I got my domed screen just right, found that I didn't really need it.

oldiebutgoodie,

stringy 1

hi everyone just got the extreme q this week and have to say the high i get from it is amazing v sativa like buzz even with indica dom strains.Compared to a good ol fasioned reefer the health benifits are noticeable.I was in two minds weather to get the arizer extreme q or the volcano but im glad i got the arizer,cant see the 'cano getting me any higher than this. Glad to be vaping def the way forward!

stringy 1,

oldiebutgoodie

stringy 1 said:
hi everyone just got the extreme q this week and have to say the high i get from it is amazing v sativa like buzz even with indica dom strains.Compared to a good ol fasioned reefer the health benifits are noticeable.I was in two minds weather to get the arizer extreme q or the volcano but im glad i got the arizer,cant see the 'cano getting me any higher than this. Glad to be vaping def the way forward!

Welcome! IMHO, you made the right choice. The Volcano is a very nice machine but ~3x the price, and short of the large group session, the Q can get you the same results - plus you have the whip. There is an incredible amount of information here about the Q and vaping in general - enjoy!

oldiebutgoodie,

SlideOrDie

J.R.R.Tokin' said:
Nice pic. You must have a mighty set of lungs my friend. That SYN is beyond my lung capacity for sure, but a very nice piece :)

What's that big safety-pin looking thing bottom centre of the pic?

Thanks!

Yeah the hits I take are generally ridiculous when vaping flowers because my tolerance is a bit spoiled from so much dabbing.

The safety-pin looking thing is actually a small ss spoon I use for adding full melt to the elbow with the flowers.

oldiebutgoodie said:
I agree, nice pic, good lungs. ;)

@SlideOrDie, that short tubing probably helps some with the drag, yes? (I found though that the second eblow adds some drag compared to a straight adapter; requires the stiffer stock tubing which it looks like you're using.)

Thanks!

Well to be honest I haven't tried the straight adapters yet. Do they allow you to use larger id tubing? Looking at it, it seems like it would have less drag than the elbows for sure. Has anyone confirmed that the straight adapters allow for better hits?

All I know is the hits I can get are so dense and huge that the little bit of added resistance may actually help?

It seems pretty easy to cash the entire elbow in one hit when hitting with the bong, but it's quite a bit more difficult when using the whip.

SlideOrDie,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
SlideOrDie said:
It seems pretty easy to cash the entire elbow in one hit when hitting with the bong

WTF :o You can do the whole elbow in a single hit!!!

A mighty set of lungs I said...try a Gargantuan Monstrous set of Iron Lungs! Hat's off to you sir.

J.R.R.Tokin',

oldiebutgoodie

SlideOrDie said:
Well to be honest I haven't tried the straight adapters yet. Do they allow you to use larger id tubing? Looking at it, it seems like it would have less drag than the elbows for sure. Has anyone confirmed that the straight adapters allow for better hits?

All I know is the hits I can get are so dense and huge that the little bit of added resistance may actually help?

It seems pretty easy to cash the entire elbow in one hit when hitting with the bong, but it's quite a bit more difficult when using the whip.

Good grief, one hit?! What did you do, install a Herbie pump in your chest? :lol:

Re the straight adapter: I used one on the whip to my bubbler when I still had the stock pvc tubing. An adapter doesn't facilitate larger ID, in fact some actually taper such that they narrow the flow a bit. So if you consider one, watch out for that. Mine had the same ID as the Q's elbow, so it was fine. And I did notice less drag; the Q's 90 degree elbow adds a bit. But when I changed to silicone tubing, I stopped using it because the softer tubing would tend to droop at the bubbler joint and I found it annoying to have to support the tubing with a finger while a hit. But regardless, sounds like you've got a great technique with what you're doing. This oldie envies you. :cool:

oldiebutgoodie,

SlideOrDie

Haha ya I've always had ridiculous lungs ever since I was s kid. I could probably do a little bit larger of a hit but my mouth tends to start watering too much before I'm done my full inhale so I stop because I don't want to drool lol.

It's all about your breathing technique/control. A slow consistant long inhale will net you a huge rip.

I may try the adapters for the simple fact that the stock elbows are pretty brittle, I've broken a couple just pulling the vape hose off lol.

SlideOrDie,

oldiebutgoodie

SlideOrDie said:
It's all about your breathing technique/control. A slow consistant long inhale will net you a huge rip.

I may try the adapters for the simple fact that the stock elbows are pretty brittle, I've broken a couple just pulling the vape hose off lol.

Yeah, I'm working on the long inhale from the diaphragm. My wife was a singer and she's been teaching me. But until I work more on the elliptical, I'm gonna be limited. In time, in time . . .

The adapters are easier to remove because the end is round and must be tapered to accommodate different tubing ID's. So you can just twist it a bit and it comes free easily. The elbow has that serrated nipple type fitting which locks tightly. Of course, silicone tubing makes both easier.

oldiebutgoodie,

damienm420

Is there a difference between the darker grey extreme q and the lighter one? If anyone knows what I'm talking about.

damienm420,

oldiebutgoodie

damienm420 said:
Is there a difference between the darker grey extreme q and the lighter one? If anyone knows what I'm talking about.

AFAIK there is only one version of the Q, with the black plastic base and polished metal casing. It is shorter than the previous Tower, of which there were 3 versions.

oldiebutgoodie,

damienm420

oldiebutgoodie said:
damienm420 said:

AFAIK there is only one version of the Q, with the black plastic base and polished metal casing. It is shorter than the previous Tower, of which there were 3 versions.

Really? That makes sense now actually. The manual and packaging was different than the original. It was also making noise occasionally. The glass stirring rod was different size too. It's so obvious. It was a seller on amazon too. Here's the link

http://www.amazon.com/Arizer-Extrem...HN0O/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1329283786&sr=8-6

damienm420,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
Damn, I think I'm gona get a log vape and retire my Q. At least that's the plan. For now. I've been whippn it for a long time, so I don't know. We'll see. The Q has been my favorite for quite some time.

Jeppy,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Hey Jeppy. Don't be too rash in ditching your EQ. Log vapes are great but I don't think any log can compare to the EQ (or many other vapes) when it comes to groups/parties.

Get your log-vape, see how you like it when there are multiple users around. If the EQ is not getting used then you sell it. Better then selling it and regretting it later :2c:

J.R.R.Tokin',

MrNorml

exmilker said:

Metal washer on top?

MrNorml,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
MrNorml said:
exmilker said:

Metal washer on top?

That's not a bad idea except it would probably restrict the air flow - to expand on that idea - what about taking half a paper clip and making a circle just wider then the cyclone inner diameter. Squash into the cyclone side ways. Once in place vertically again, push it down and position right over the screen. That should hold it down and not reduce air flow or cause an obstruction.

J.R.R.Tokin',

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Or drill the hole in the cyclone bowl larger and but domed screen in there, bowl modified like this can even serve better, it has better uniform browning, easier handling and vapor-air ratio like elbow pack. If you have 2 cyclone bowl I recommend trying it with one. But be VERY VERY CAREFUL when drilling. Drilling glass is alwas risky and will probably not end up like you exactly wanted. Mine cracked a little, but it worked and I'm happy with my modified bowl.

Another idea to use the EQ is upside down somehow (mabe with help of some books) and use it almost exactly like SSV with the modified bowl - air heting and going down to hit herbs before any metal and the to you. With this method a screen in elbow is not necessary. Haven't tried it yet, but I expect the very best hits and ability to draw fast through herbs without dislocating them. Downfall are than the EQ has to be upside down and the "SSV whip" will have two glass parts.

Seek,

oldiebutgoodie

damienm420 said:
oldiebutgoodie said:
damienm420 said:

Really? That makes sense now actually. The manual and packaging was different than the original. It was also making noise occasionally. The glass stirring rod was different size too. It's so obvious. It was a seller on amazon too. Here's the link

http://www.amazon.com/Arizer-Extrem...HN0O/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1329283786&sr=8-6

That link on Amazon is indeed the Q (and that price is very good). IIRC the "4.0" is not official Arizer terminology, just got picked up somewhere along the way because the Q is the 4th version of the Extreme.

oldiebutgoodie,

oldiebutgoodie

J.R.R.Tokin' said:
MrNorml said:
exmilker said:

Metal washer on top?

That's not a bad idea except it would probably restrict the air flow - to expand on that idea - what about taking half a paper clip and making a circle just wider then the cyclone inner diameter. Squash into the cyclone side ways. Once in place vertically again, push it down and position right over the screen. That should hold it down and not reduce air flow or cause an obstruction.

IMHO, while I see how these various mods can work, I just don't see the need. With my domed screen tucked in, I can only dislodge it by poking it with the stir stick from the bottom. Even bursts from a can of compressed air doesn't dislodge it, and for sure no one pulls with more force than that. ;) Somethin' not right with this picture.

oldiebutgoodie,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
oldiebutgoodie said:
IMHO, while I see how these various mods can work, I just don't see the need. With my domed screen tucked in, I can only dislodge it by poking it with the stir stick from the bottom. Even bursts from a can of compressed air doesn't dislodge it, and for sure no one pulls with more force than that. ;) Somethin' not right with this picture.

What's not right is that all cyclone bowls are different. I've had six or seven and a couple of them have the problem, the rest are like yours. I just avoid the ones that won't hold the screen well because I dumped a load trying to stir without removing the bowl.

pakalolo,
Top Bottom