The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
exmilker said:
i can confirm that the 3/16"IDx5/16OD silicon tubing from planet vape will fit on your elbow... its a really snug fit but hey it fits :) wonder if the thinner tube will affect how it hits will keep you updated :lol:

It suspect it will increase the drag.

pakalolo said:
That was a thorough and useful post, but I will be pedantic on the point quoted above: not all of the compounds are instantly and simultaneously consumed, because combustion destroys some of them.

OK, I give up. :ko: Fair enough: Combustion destroys some. Leaving, IIRC according to that 2004 study, a loooonnnng list of remaining compounds that get into you - plenty enough to do their dirty deed.

WatTyler said:
how do you define all? of which cannabinoids?

I think the OP holds true in that the full spectrum that is consumed is consumed simultaneously.
It's surely arguable that all which are released are consumed instantly and simultaneously, which is independent of how many got destroyed during the method of release from the plant. On the other hand, the spectrum of vapeables consumed is a lot more variable and much less simultaneous throughout the vaping of the bowl. Just to be equally pedantic.

Yikes! It's a cross-fire of pedanticism. :lol:

oldiebutgoodie,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Someone likes whips more and SSV is much easier with whip. And because of angled connection and better bowl design you can draw faster without making herbs fly to some corner where it's cold.

Seek,

oldiebutgoodie

exmilker said:
:o why the switch ?!?!

As @Seek stated, the SSV's passive direct draw can deliver a strong hit, no question about it. I don't really agree with the'herbs flying to cold corners'; I preheat the cyclone and the air movement is helpful for even cooking of the herb. And if you elbow-pack, nothing is flying anywhere and you can get pretty powerful hits. Even with just the cyclone, when my long-time combustion friends hit it hard they go into a coughing fit. Still, you can get more with a passive draw out of the SSV. On the other hand, the Q is both whip/bag and has some nice features (fan assist, digital display, remote) that the SSV doesn't. In the end it all comes down to just personal preference. Actually, a number of members here have both machines.

Personally, I'm waiting for my Cloud, and then there will be no whip at all. :) But I have plenty of occasions where I also use the bag (connected thru my bubbler), e.g., leisurely sipping or a social situation. So the Q will be around for a long time to come.

oldiebutgoodie,

Calad

Does anyone have any idea/suggestions for capping the balloon in between hits? I've had the EQ for a week now and so far i have tried both the Whip and Balloon and am extremely partial to the Balloon. The whip makes me a bit light headed as you have to draw for quite a while, while the balloon is much easier to pace yourself and requires much less work. The only issue with the balloon is I have yet to find something that effectively caps/stops airflow when the balloon is not being drawn from.

Also, would like to thank JRRT, exmilker, and oldiebutgoodie for the help! Much appreciated :)

Calad,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
When I used to blow bags, I would use a chip-clip (you know those plastic clamp thingies to keep your doritos from going stale). Also e-cig rubber caps work perfectly if you happen to know someone who uses e-cigs.

:2c:

Stu,

Calad

Stu said:
When I used to blow bags, I would use a chip-clip (you know those plastic clamp thingies to keep your doritos from going stale). Also e-cig rubber caps work perfectly if you happen to know someone who uses e-cigs.

:2c:

Hmmm, how about a clothes pin?

Calad,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I don't think a clothes pin would be wide enough, but it might work. Try it out and see!

Stu,

oldiebutgoodie

Calad said:
Does anyone have any idea/suggestions for capping the balloon in between hits? I've had the EQ for a week now and so far i have tried both the Whip and Balloon and am extremely partial to the Balloon. The whip makes me a bit light headed as you have to draw for quite a while, while the balloon is much easier to pace yourself and requires much less work. The only issue with the balloon is I have yet to find something that effectively caps/stops airflow when the balloon is not being drawn from.

Also, would like to thank JRRT, exmilker, and oldiebutgoodie for the help! Much appreciated :)

I attach to a bubbler so that holds the vapor. I've read a number of times here that after taking the first hit or so the pressure equalizes and there isn't any leakage; you might try that to see. There are a lot of things around the house you might use, just be careful with anything too hard or brittle. IIRC there's a vid posted where the guy recommends using the glass stir stick; I did that and it fractured the mouthpiece.

Re the whip, might want to check your technique there because it shouldn't require you to draw for quite a while. If you're using the elbow-pack, be sure it's not packed too tight. If the cyclone, that it's not too full or packed down. If you don't need the 36" on the whip and you're not using high temp, you could shorten it ~12" which will reduce drag. I use fan 1 to prime the whip; I just watch until the vapor exits the whip and then take the hit (or attach to glass). Or if you want to keep it completely passive, try taking a few short relaxed puffs like on a cigar to bring up the vapor and then take your hit. Just some thoughts fwiw . . .

oldiebutgoodie,

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
Calad said:
Does anyone have any idea/suggestions for capping the balloon in between hits?

I use an eraser I took off a pencil and sanded it down to the right diameter to fit snugly in the mouthpiece. And as mentioned by oldiebutgoodie when the pressure equalizes after first hit there is not really any leakage unless you move the bag around.

I have not experimented enough with the whip to comment on it yet.

Vaporisateur,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Definitely don't use the stir stick to block as I broke my mouth piece too. A suggestion is to get an old wine cork and shave it down to fit. Be careful and use a sharp knife. Cheap and simple.

And it definitely shouldn't require a really hard pull on the whip. Sounds like a blockage of some sort restricting air flow. Try to adjust your technique.

J.R.R.Tokin',

exmilker

:mmmm: .... after a week a half of trial and error i have found MY perfect milkage for all you ex bongers out there that loved that .4+ bong rips... much thanks for all the support and help on FC *you know who you are* thanks for helping out a vapor newbie, you rock, im extremely happy with the results as i dont even miss my bong + i feel so much healther taking the rips that takes me where i want to be which is awsome! :ko:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CO036Vc4Jy0

Mods/Method to the ExQ:
Elbow pack method
3/16"IDx5/16OD silicon tube
4arm tree perc bubbler
225C temp
5-10min pre heat with herb attached to elbow in cyclone bowl
no fan/medium draw
= MY perfect hit :science: , is the only way i use my extreme :freak:

exmilker,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Nice vid, exmilker. :cool:

Seems like you have things figured out pretty well. You should play with your temps if you haven't already done so. The taste profile is different at different temps and it's fun to play around with new toys, right?

edit: I forgot that you had already been playing with different temps. Nevermind. :D

:peace:

Stu,

exmilker

haha hell yuh im having a blast stu, your definitely right about taste profile being different at different temps as i find it much taster at 200C or lower, but for the hits that gets me saying "FUCK COMBUSTION" is at 220C+ :horse:

exmilker,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Yeah, I hear that. I tried to convert a friend of mine with an EQ, and he didn't take to it at all. When I found out he had never gone beyond 180c, I suggested that he give it another go with higher temps. He is now converted after vaporbonging for a while at 230c and has moved on now to vaping his Solo at 7 through his bubbler these days. :lol:

Stu,

photobooth

Whenever people complain about the "weakness" of vapor hits, I always suggest they try vapor bonging or running it through a bubbler. Usually convinces them :ko:

photobooth,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Nice vid exmilker. Glad to see that you got your technique down and have become a full convert. Don't forget to save up all your ABV to make medibles or QWISO.

J.R.R.Tokin',

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Am I the only one who puts my cyclobowl upsidedown for 5-10 minutes,flip it and then attach the elbow to the heater and use the elbow pack method...?

It seems similar to putting the elbow on there for 5-10 minutes

m0sh,

oldiebutgoodie

exmilker said:
.... after a week a half of trial and error i have found MY perfect milkage for all you ex bongers out there that loved that .4+ bong rips... much thanks for all the support and help on FC *you know who you are* thanks for helping out a vapor newbie, you rock, im extremely happy with the results as i dont even miss my bong + i feel so much healther taking the rips that takes me where i want to be which is awsome!

Way to go, exmilker! I kinda suspected you'd go for the higher temp range. :) You're right at the max effects level while still staying away from the bad stuff. I have a similar rig (the only difference being I shortened the whip to ~20" to reduce the drag). Now that you've truly got religion, as J.R.R.Tokin' says, you can start playing with the add-on fun like all you can do with ABV (hint: tinctures for some added punch and economy).

Enjoy . . . and do stick around!

oldiebutgoodie,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Ok, I'm gonna put in my :2c: on heat up times here. I don't know if it's just my unit, method, herb or combination but I don't leave mine on for anywhere near as long as most other people post before hitting.

From absolute cold start I put the heat on to 230c. Let it get up to temp. takes about 1 min. Then I put the fan on setting 1 and let that run for 1 min. Now the unit is ready to go. Load elbow and leave for 10 seconds and hit.

So, all-in it takes about 2mins from cold to hitting. I honestly find the 10-15 min warm up unnecessary and see no difference if I wait the extra 10 mins.

J.R.R.Tokin',

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Convection is ready when the display says, so you get hits. But not very uniformly cooking ones. The glass is cold on start and 1 minute does almost nothing to it (needs min 5 min to heat up the glass). Your herbs are touching that glass and if its cold, herbs are hot more in the center and not a edges where they contact. Also air touches cold glass before it hits herbs, so cold glass also impairs the convection a bit. The more the glass is hot, the less this issue is significant. Of course you can hit it immediately when it gets to temp, but it will take a bit more hits and you wil have to stir more. Maybe efficiency could be little impaired.

Seek,

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
J.R.R.Tokin' said:
From absolute cold start I put the heat on to 230c. Let it get up to temp. takes about 1 min. Then I put the fan on setting 1 and let that run for 1 min. Now the unit is ready to go. Load elbow and leave for 10 seconds and hit.

Using the fan to heat the bowl, clever! I will try that method next time because pre-heating the cyclone definitely makes a difference. I use to leave mine at ON for about 5 minutes before hitting it or filling a bag with good results.

Vaporisateur,

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
Seek said:
Convection is ready when the display says, so you get hits. But not very uniformly cooking ones. The glass is cold on start and 1 minute does almost nothing to it (needs min 5 min to heat up the glass). Your herbs are touching that glass and if its cold, herbs are hot more in the center and not a edges where they contact. Also air touches cold glass before it hits herbs, so cold glass also impairs the convection a bit. The more the glass is hot, the less this issue is significant. Of course you can hit it immediately when it gets to temp, but it will take a bit more hits and you wil have to stir more. Maybe efficiency could be little impaired.

I think you are absolutely right and my personal experience tends to confirm what you explained.

Love my EQ ! :D

Vaporisateur,
Top Bottom