The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

itchmesir

Hello everyone!

I am a brand new owner of what is now a week old EQ and I must say I absolutely love it! It is the first vape that I have personally owned.. Been eying up on the Arizers for some years now time now and finally pulled the trigger thanks to a little added support from reading through these forums... and the drop in price didn't hurt either..

I am trying to become a combustion-less smoker.. Now I have a mflb on the way for vaping on the go and im waiting on a Blu as well to help me kick my cig habit once and for good hopefully. Again.. Thanks for all the great info that this board provides and hopefully I can add a bit of my own to help others make informed decisions in the future.

Peace!

itchmesir,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
pakalolo said:
I don't own any Qs. I never blow bags. I don't like thick vapour. I hardly ever set my temperature as high as 200C, and if I do it's because I am stepping up from a lot of vaping at lower temperatures.

I start my Extreme v3 at 160C. Granted, I don't hit the whip immediately after the heater reaches 160, but I have often hit it without waiting as long as five minutes. I don't get visible vapour, I get a nice tasty hit which definitely affects me. Even after 15 minutes of heating, the vapour at this temperature is barely visible. Perhaps the Qs won't work this way, but in my discussions with other Q owners and from this thread, I concluded (possibly incorrectly) that they were similar to the v3.

Did I forget to mention that it's all about what works for you?

Gotcha. Q's dont work that way from my experiences. At least I'm not crazy.

ru_frothi,

hereatlast

oldiebutgoodie said:
When using the bag, I remove the elbow from the cyclone bowl, pull out the elbow screen, and insert the elbow into the bubbler GonG female. When using the whip, I use a second glass elbow instead of the stock mouthpiece, again just inserted into the bubbler female joint.

This is a great idea. I only used bags and water-filtration together minimally when using the Extreme but this sounds like a great way to facilitate their pairing. Do you blow bags and use your bubbler for ease of movement? Which delivery do you like better (bag/bub vs. whip/bub)?

hereatlast,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
hereatlast said:
oldiebutgoodie said:
When using the bag, I remove the elbow from the cyclone bowl, pull out the elbow screen, and insert the elbow into the bubbler GonG female. When using the whip, I use a second glass elbow instead of the stock mouthpiece, again just inserted into the bubbler female joint.

This is a great idea. I only used bags and water-filtration together minimally when using the Extreme but this sounds like a great way to facilitate their pairing. Do you blow bags and use your bubbler for ease of movement? Which delivery do you like better (bag/bub vs. whip/bub)?

Yes, my mid-size bubbler (ref sig) is great for movement. I put ice-water in it and place it in an "ice bucket" (just a tupperware container that it sits easily and safely in) while the Q heats up. After attaching the blown bag, I can e.g. put the bubbler/bag on my desk to sip while I surf, take it to the kitchen while preparing dinner, watch the news, etc. I just need to be mindful that I'm handling a glass piece. The bubbler/bag is especially popular with guests; very easy sharing complimented by the filtration & cooling. My friends definitely like this better than sharing the whip, I think in part because often someone who hasn't used a whip much and/or uses combustion, can struggle a bit with it. Unless you're taking really big hits, it can be a bit difficult to gauge when you've taken the size of hit that you want - too small or too big of hits is not uncommon. And the whip, especially if attached to a bubbler, kinda requires some cigar-like puffing (or the fan) to quickly and fully bring up the vapor flow. Or if it's just the wife and I sharing some leisure time, the bubbler/bag is easier and more relaxed than the whip.

That said, on some occasions I use the whip/bubbler instead, or I even use both. E.g., lately, when its cocktail time I will blow ~half of a bag (the Reynold's oven bags, which are smaller than Arizer's) which provides 4-6 good size hits. I then attach the whip to the cyclone bowl and leave the Q on to keep it ready. After finishing the bag I return the bubbler back to its bucket and attach the whip. That half bag will carry me thru the better part of the evening. If I want a booster mid-evening, I return to my setup and take a couple hits with the bubbler/whip. In the late evening, if I'm retiring, I do the same thing. Or if on the other hand I want to blast off, I switch back to the bubbler/bag, blow a half bag (or more) and I'm off to the races.

So boiling it down, I tend to use the bag when I want more volume and/or portability, and especially if I'm not solo. And I tend to use the whip when I only want a couple or few tokes. (By the way, I've also shortened the whip to 24" and use the whip on Fan 1; those tweaks along with the bubbler make vaping a lot easier on my middle-aged lungs.)

oldiebutgoodie,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
Seek said:

Good job! fwiw, I've fabricated a couple of such home-made bongs, too. I cheated by using a beer bong with a pony long-neck bottle. The piece fits over the bottle's mouth, and there is an already attached air tube which passes thru it and down into the water, so I didn't have to cut into the bottle or create a seal where the tube enters. I punched holes into the tubing at the end where it goes into the water, making it a diffuser. While I could pull from the top ala bong, I didn't like the pressure inbalance so I inserted a hose fitting into the top which has a 1/2" 90 degree barb; attached a piece of silicone tubing to the barb and a whip mouthpiece to the other end. ~$5.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/809/img0679p.jpg/

oldiebutgoodie,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Hi everyone, I was just wondering if anyone else has a slightly electronic-y taste when using their EQ?

I picked mine up a couple of months ago, mostly for seeing if I would like bags, but it hasn't really seen much use due to the weird taste (it's only a very mild taste, but it's definitely there.)

Is it normal to have a slighty electronic-y taste?
Or could I have something wrong with my unit?
It still vapes fine, and the fan is working fine, it's just the taste which is off-putting.

Frederick McGuire,

Phajik

Frederick McGuire said:
Hi everyone, I was just wondering if anyone else has a slightly electronic-y taste when using their EQ?

I picked mine up a couple of months ago, mostly for seeing if I would like bags, but it hasn't really seen much use due to the weird taste (it's only a very mild taste, but it's definitely there.)

Is it normal to have a slighty electronic-y taste?
Or could I have something wrong with my unit?
It still vapes fine, and the fan is working fine, it's just the taste which is off-putting.

It is "new car smell" . mine did it too and I wrote the company. They explained that the materials inside emit a scent (nothing toxic occuring) for a while at first. I ended up getting rid of it by leaving the fan on high with high ish heat and just blowing the smell out with a housefan by the window.

I only had the problem for a couple weeks but after some heavy use there was no more factory smell. Been using the unit for 2 years without a problem.

Phajik,

Phajik

Stu said:
The EQ will work after a short warm up of 3 minutes or so, however not very well. I find that a minimum of 10 minutes (I usually let it go for 15 - 20) is necessary to get all the glass parts evenly warmed for optimum performance.

:2c:

yeh, i have a totally different experience. My glass is too hot to touch in under two minutes. I can get nice thick hits at around 3 minutes. I vape at 200 always unless its keif and I crank it up to 215.
Cant speak for bags, I only use the whip. So maybe I am just not noticing as much.

Phajik,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Thanks for that info Phajik, it's good to know.
I guess I'll just let it run on 230 with the fan on for a bit...

Frederick McGuire,

tranceporter

The Cloud Conductor
Must say after a month or so with my EQ I cannot go back to the No2. It just doesn't have quite the fog producing capability I enjoy with my EQ.

As far warmup time my EQ needs a good 10-15 for the elbow to get hot. Anything less and vapor production is sub par IMO.

tranceporter,
So I bought my Q maybe a year ago. That was after a lot of research here on FC. It has been great. It kind of sounds crazy to say this, but it has changed my life in a few ways, all for the better( now know what weed tastes like, don't combust much anymore, don't smoke much schwag, can use .1-.2 at a time). But I have always wondered if this thing was a fake. I got it on ebay at half the factory price. The whip tubing it came with said MADE IN CANADA. There was a Made In Canada sticker on the original box, that for some reason made me think it was Made In China. If it's a fake its a damn good one. So I want to ask someone who bought their Q straight from Arizer..What does it say on the bottom of your unit?( is there a serial #, does it actually say Arizer, etc) Eventually I could see myself saving up for another genuine Q, but this one still does the trick, everyday, multiple times a day....

This is what is on the bottom of my unit:

UQC group of Companies
Copyright 2007, all rights reserved.
International Patents Pending
( under that is a white sticker with black letters)
NSH+(14DH-11000)

Would appreciate any help? Thanks FC

luvnthevapor,

Tritono

Im really interested in the Extreme Q. But I have read some things that I dont like. For example, the plastic smell thing. It can be a simple smell that with time will go away but during the time that it smells like that you will inhale that too. However, I dont have any experience with this vaporizer. Let me ask this: what you dont like about the Extreme Q? if you lost your vaporizer, you would buy the same again?

Please be as sincere as you can. Its important for me to know all the little details. Thank you :)

Tritono,

Kaptan

I've never experienced the plastic smell with my extreme Q so I would absolutley purchase the Extreme Q over again.

Kingston

luvnthevapor said:

This is what is on the bottom of my unit:

UQC group of Companies
Copyright 2007, all rights reserved.
International Patents Pending
( under that is a white sticker with black letters)
NSH+(14DH-11000)

Would appreciate any help? Thanks FC

Mine is the same so if mine is legit yours should be too :D
i bought it from ebay but from a trusted seller

Kingston,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Tritono said:
Im really interested in the Extreme Q. But I have read some things that I dont like. For example, the plastic smell thing. It can be a simple smell that with time will go away but during the time that it smells like that you will inhale that too. However, I dont have any experience with this vaporizer. Let me ask this: what you dont like about the Extreme Q? if you lost your vaporizer, you would buy the same again?

Please be as sincere as you can. Its important for me to know all the little details. Thank you :)

The only thing I dont like about the EQ is that is not battery powered and doesn't heat up in 3 seconds.

Yes I would buy again and did. broke 1 and bought 2 more.

Its easily the best vape I have owned.

and no smells here or at not any left after following the manufacturers burn in recommendation.

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
Tritono said:

What I dont like: general lack of efficiency, long heatup time for the glass parts.......and I think thats about it, if I had to buy it again id go with an SSV instead just cuz I never use my Q for bags anymore, if you plan on using bags now and again go for the Q but if you will mainly use it with the whip anyways id go with something else :2c:

SF Giant,

Khantagious

luvnthevapor said:
There was a Made In Canada sticker on the original box, that for some reason made me think it was Made In China.

Maybe the "Made In Canada" sticker was made in some sticker factory in China :p

Khantagious,

Phajik

Tritono said:

The smell is a non issue. Just do the burn in and its gone forever. It is not coming from the Vapor path anyways so you arent inhaling it from your whip or bag, Plus it is heat sourced and non toxic. I bought the eq again. I have had no regrets and have been using arizer stuff for about 3 years now.
I dont understand the efficiency issues, its the most efficient vape around besides the log vapes and the MFLB.(my opinion only, i know)

Phajik,
Sorry guys i am new here . i have questions , just get Extreme Q its nice mashine
my dum question:" i am worm up then load bowl how soon i start inhale ?/how many in hale from 1 load?
when i know herb in bowl nomore can be use for smoke??
p.s. i have Fibromyalgia for last 3 yers and i use herb in madical way lol and this is realy helps!!!!!!
Thank you :D

begemot888,

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Tritono said:

Would I buy the Q again? DEFINITELY!!

Worst problem? IMO stock tubing. Must admit I was a little spoiled because I had a VaporWarez (slant-box style vape) for a year or so before the Q that came with silicone tubing. Many tout the Tygon super-good stuff (3550?). I bought some. It's OK, but there are many other food grade silicone with right temp tolerances for much cheaper. My fav so far was from Amazon. I think as good as Tygon (or very close), but much more reasonable price. 1/3 price IIRC.

More info on tubing:
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=4785

Maybe bad, but no big deal - the plastic smell. I hate anything "plasticy" in taste or smell. As soon as you get it, just set heat at 260C, fan speed 2 (or 3), open window, run for 20 minutes. Had a little plastic funk for maybe 10mins. Since then? Absolutely none of that ever!

The good? This thing rocks! Love the digital temp. It is always consistent. I heat up for about 15 mins before use, but no big deal. I usually turn on Q on way in the door, by the time I get everything together and grind it's ready to go.

The best?
Bags on occasion or when friends stop by. IMO you can't beat the fact that you can fill a bag and carry it around the house as you want. Nice if you're watching a movie in near darkness and just want to sip vapor without having to pay attention to vape. And, no learning factor for friends - other than them trying to be be cool and take too big of hits! :lol:

AWESOME with your fav glass piece. If you're already 18 GonG you have another elbow (comes with 2) that you can just put on the other end of your tubing and you're all set. If not, plenty of ways to connect tubing to glass.

Very easy to vape at lower temps or high. I like to set it at 180C and hit it till no flavor. VERY TASTY! and sweet buzz. Then kick it up to 200C and give it a stir for finish. Or, if I'm feeling motivated I'll keep it at 180 and reload. Save the "kind of" ABV in a dish. Later in the evening (closer to bedtime) reload that and set at 200c.

Many options, tweaks, etc. If you like to play with things this is definitely your vape. If you like to tweak techniques you can't beat it.

The remote... yeah I know it sounds bad. It seems a little hokey, but after a week or so you'll dig it, too.

I also have an MFLB which is also fun and very versatile. Even nicer with the power adapter. But, I always keep coming back to the Q. There may be a few others that compare, but I'd say anything that does is much more expensive or not yet available.

flotntoke,
Damn, I just turn the fan on 3 with the glass attached and in about 2 minutes your glass is fucking HOT. Pack up the bowl and I like to let it sit there for another minute or two, then start pulling. Usually get decent vapor on the first hit, real tasty as well. Takes 3 or 4 hits to really get a lungful then it's smooth tokin for awhile til I gotta scrape out the elbow cause it's clogged.

I love my Q.

Also a note: I drilled out my cyclone bowl and put in an elbow screen. It worked beautifully but I felt it was vaping my herb way faster than normal, with no better functionality as far as I could tell. I just like to have one screen domed upside down, then one screen domed the other way on top to hold the herb.

I do think having a bigger hole in the cyclone bowl helps it perform better though.

tehgenoc1de,

bvomit

begemot888 said:
Sorry guys i am new here . i have questions , just get Extreme Q its nice mashine
my dum question:" i am worm up then load bowl how soon i start inhale ?/how many in hale from 1 load?
when i know herb in bowl nomore can be use for smoke??
p.s. i have Fibromyalgia for last 3 yers and i use herb in madical way lol and this is realy helps!!!!!!
Thank you :D

I find for most herbs the best temperature to start at is 200C. But here is what I've found to work the BEST for my vape:

1. Heat to 230C and let it sit for 10 minutes with the cyclone bowl on (NOTHING INSIDE)
2. Turn down to 200C, add herbs.
3. Inhale with the whip, fan on 0. (faster speed = more vape but it dries the herb quick)
4. Hit it 2 times but each time puff in and out a few fast times to cycle the herbs (or use the stir stick)
5. Increase temp to 220C after it starts to go yellow, vape till it goes light brown

I'd say 6-8 good quality hits at these temps. 12 or so if you want to smoke it completely.
For a lower range 180C-200C, 12+ good hits.

Good luck

The best way to clean the stuff is pull the mouthpiece off the whip, rinse it with 99% rubbing alcohol and rock salt (kosher salt). Pour that into cyclone bowl, plug end with thumb, other end with your hand and shake clean. Works amazing.

bvomit,
Top Bottom