1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The DAVINCI IQ

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Davinci_vaporizer, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Davinci_vaporizer

Davinci_vaporizer Well-Known Member Manufacturer

This is great to know! I'll also bring it to the attention of our repairs dept! You guys are awesome. Thx! :0)

2. 204Markie

204Markie Well-Known Member

So I have my glass spacers coming in the mail but I've also got some oil cans on the way that I'm going to test as a means to pre load bowls on the go. I'll let everyone know how it works out.

Paka-cholo, BigJr48, sd401k and 3 others like this.
  3. v.bow

v.bow Active Member

got a link markie?
    ive been looking for baskets for sticky brick and my iq.

the only baskets i found were 19mm wide.

BigJr48, CHIDOY and OldNewbie like this.
  4. 204Markie

204Markie Well-Known Member

@v.bow honestly I heard that the oil cans for the original Davinci fit in the IQ oven. Though it's not made by the unit and will be told not to try or do so. I just wanted to try and fail on my own since I haven't seen a video or thread on it. So I thought I'd be the one to do so.

Paka-cholo and BigJr48 like this.
  5. BigJr48

BigJr48 Well-Known Member

Sounds like a very useful tool, can you post a pic?

6. v.bow

v.bow Active Member

Ah got cha! let us know how that goes!

BigJr48 likes this.
  7. cobra505

cobra505 Defined

Grunge, can be found on Amazon for $16 US, for a 16 oz bottle. works like a charm especially on the silicon stuff, don't have to worry about it cracking.
    See my cleaning video on youtube:
    Click to play YouTube Video

you didn't change the battery did you? I have found that now that I have owned mine for a while now that it is very particulary about the battery. I have 3 other vapes that take the same batterys that all work great, they are the same battery's that goes into the IQ 3500mAh 18650.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2018
  8. david8613

david8613 Well-Known Member

Should have taken a pic of that big gob of tar!

9. Richard11

Richard11 New Member

Yesterday when I put in the battery for my IQ it was loose. I could hear it rattle inside. Any one else have this problem? I have three batteries and all three do it. Vap comes on but Then shuts itself off.
    I put a folded piece of aluminum foil on the negative end and it works fine.

10. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

@Richard11 You may need to try a couple of times to get it right.
    The battery door can be stubborn, but after the battery is inside, force the door shut tightly and slide the latch in place.
    After reading your post, I tried mine, and when it was back together it rattled around in there as you described.
    It took me a second and third try... third time was a charm, I figured out the procedure.

MinnBobber likes this.
  11. sd401k

sd401k Member

I'm sure there will be more soon. Next cleaning I'll snap some pics. Made another scraper tool from a 1 mm hex key or allen wrench or whatever y'all call it in your neck of the woods. Just cut the short leg down from 3/8" to 1/8" and ground it from the hex shape to a nice scraper blade. Dremel tools can be your best friend LOL. Just think of the stir tool provided by DaVinci, only longer so you can reach down into that space between the silicone gasket and ceramic chamber.

12. Justpassedu

Justpassedu Well-Known Member

Then you take the chance of scratching up the ceramic and inhaling ceramic dust. Not something i really want to do when i cannot see everything in-between that rubber gasket . It was a horrible design choice & what may cause me to not keep this vape any longer when it eventually comes back from warranty as i just do not want to deal with inevitable issues. A shame bc i really like the vape and feel it hits great.

Vitolo likes this.
  13. BigJr48

If there's springs in the battery chamber try to adjust them so that the batteries fit properly.

vapen00b likes this.
  14. arf777

arf777 No longer dogless

Just got one of these. First new vape in many years. Was highly skeptical. But DAMN. Easily the best conduction vape I've ever used. And the speed of heat up is gonna change my life. Will be able to step outside, quickly medicate my pain, then step right back in. Will be able to hang with my family and friends more.

15. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

You picked a good one.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  16. Rub

Rub New Member

Not so much good...mine is a heavyweightpaper....cracked oven...parts degumped.....extremely hot....too much stained ceramic....impossible to 100%cleaning because spot between oven and flavor chamber ....flavor chamber rised up because silicon gasket under it gets inflated and the worst thing is that customer service doesn't care and it is going to make excuses. If you want a really good vape you have to choose storz and bickell vapes....if they get broken you are going to have a premium top notch customer service and a new unit....not an unhealthy vape that you must not use

17. Sonicboom1991

Sonicboom1991 Well-Known Member

I have only had a great experiences with the customer service. I had that same issue and ended up getting a replacement. For the space above the oven a dab tool works wonders.

sd401k likes this.
  18. Rub

Rub New Member

Maybe you are in USA and they take care of you. I 'm at spain and didn't have any luck. My vape is obviously defective but they don't care...I sent pictures...mails...talk in chat....but the only thing I know is that I have a vape and can't use it....I'm not going to use an unit that have all this problems like they are normal problems because use(customer service talk) In the first month I have the first problem....and all the others in only 8 months and it isn't my only vape and not my daily driver. Allways we talk about Pax marketing but Davinci's is the same or worst..I'm still waiting one of their top paid reviewers like Vape Critic talk about that cleaning spot between flavor chamber and oven...

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  19. BigJr48

This unit has a 10yr warranty, why didn't you start a RMA? Davinci honors warranty issues for the IQ.

RUDE BOY and Vitolo like this.
  20. MadadaM

MadadaM New Member

The DAVINCI IQ
    I had a similar problem with my 2nd IQ (first one had problems with gasket and found a fleck of the gasket stuck to the flavor chamber). On my second unit, it would reset to factory default every time i changed the battery. Said this to Davinci and was told its normal even though the first unit worked fine in that respect.
    Let the unit turn on properly before making the 6th click, when you see the temp displayed use the adjust buttons so it stays on temp, otherwise it will go back to smart path.

Modicum likes this.
  21. Sonicboom1991

Sonicboom1991 Well-Known Member

I am in the us and they did indeed take care of me. Sorry about your issues though. Maybe you might have better luck if you try and contact someone else at davinci? ie the person that posts on here and Reddit or maybe send a message explaining your issue to the us email address.

vapen00b, Vitolo and Mr. Me2 like this.
  22. Rub

Rub New Member

Thabks for tha advice. In fact I don
    Maybe I ll take your advise and make it. Now in fact I suppose I m a little angry and desperate because the situation amd my Iq has so many issues than is like I don't trust in using it

23. BigJr48

PM @Davinci_vaporizer, start a RMA and all your issues will be resolved.

Davinci_vaporizer likes this.
  24. Modicum

Modicum Well-Known Member

MadadaM, thanks to your suggestion, it is fixed. Welcome to FC. You will reach veteran status quickly.

25. MinnBobber

MinnBobber Well-Known Member

.......................................................................................
    Can you expand on your technique to get the battery/battery door seated.
    After charging it, I made the mistake of opening battery door and now can't get the battery seated.
    In fact, even without the battery, when the lid is "down", it appears to not be all the way down at the end by the battery.
    What's the secret to get battery door properly seated?

Thanks
    EDIT-- got it--like you had to push in and past the mark and then it seats
    EDIT 2: I'm trying to "learn" the IQ to help a new vaper, so technique question:
    -- I'm a microdoser so loaded in 4X my usual load, thinking as a conduction vape, it needed a reasonable pack. It has the "ball spacer". Load was very inconsistent with some almost charred and some not toasted. I hit it and hit it several times. What's the minimum load/ best load/ what grind to get better extraction? Putting the ABV in miniVAP yielded a couple big hits...???
    Thanks

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
    BigJr48 and Vitolo like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors