1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The DAVINCI IQ

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Davinci_vaporizer, Sep 26, 2016.

1. deadlytoaster

deadlytoaster I get paid to write about weed things

Hey for those of you who use the flavor chamber - can you describe the experience?

I like vaporizing other herbs (blue lotus, chamomile, thyme, peppermint, etc) and was wondering if the flavor chamber is worth

BigJr48 likes this.
  2. OldNewbie

OldNewbie Well-Known Member

I'm guessing "flavor chamber" is the term chosen by marketing and not engineering portions of davinci. I tried with herb at the beginning, but all it did was make a mess and cause the draw to be prohibitive. Other, more aromatic herbs, I suspect are going to be the same way.

BigJr48, Paka-cholo and Tiny88 like this.
  3. Esentis

Esentis New Member

After 6 months of daily use I came to some conclusions:
    • The heat time is fast, though it needs some time to actually start vaporising ( start boiling the herb ).
    • The herb chamber gets really stained even if I cleaned it with qtips dipped in ISO after every session. However it doesn't affect the performance.
    • The unit indeed gets really hot, even to hold, after some time especially if you vape in higher temps ( 195+ celsius ).
    • Cleaning is the worst part, I cant compare it with other Vapes since this one is my first vape. But oh boy the space between flavor chamber and the herb chamber is almost impossible to reach even with qtips since there is a build up in the corners ( cant explain better ). So after a deep clean I can say the vape was 85-90% clean .
    • One selling point is the app integration in which you can set smart paths etc.. never worked for me and I doubt if it ever will because the application is really bad to say the least . The davinci rep said they are "working" in a new version , and that was 6 months ago. So yeah..
    • Battery life ain't anywhere near 2-3 hours of use. It's arround maybe 1,5 hours. You can use your vape while charging but it discharges faster than it charges so it will go off fast. Full charge takes arround 3 hours if not more.
    • Battery indicator is off, heating takes more battery and even if the unit is completely charged, on start up it buzzes telling you you have low battery. So it's a bit tricky managing the battery.
    • The USB cable doesn't work anymore ( minor issue ).
    • The herb is evenly vaporised ( color ).
    • The bluetooth is always on which imo is bad even if the battery drained from it is really low.
    Sorry for any grammatical errors since English ain't my native language :)

4. wisausnk

wisausnk Member

For me the conlusion after 6 Monts is a bit worse:

For the first 3 Months i loved the IQ besides the extreme Battery drain not using the Unit. I needed one 18650 a Day thats way too mutch. But it was a very descrete good looking and good ripping Unit. Sure the cleaning is a bit of a mess mostly to get the reclaim out unter the rubber seal before the oven.

But with Month 4 the Problems begun:

1. The shining whatever it is in the filling chamber begunn to wear of, and i cleaned my IQ with alkoholpads only. It started with scratches and begunn to wear off more and more.

2. The LED got dimm at first one of them than 2 and so on.

3. The Ceramic Chamber got more and more brown even after cleaning it daily. It was not possible to get it 100% clean (but it didnt affect the device it self)

4. The Mouthpeace didnt hold anymore after the device got hot and i lost the cooling unit a few times but luckily found it every time. But this shouldnt happen at all.

5. The Device begunn to switch between smarthpaths and temperature on its own or just shutt off during a session.

So i had to send it back and wasnt convinced to get a new one not for that price and that many flaws in sutch a short time. It was a really good vape for the first cpl months and i touhgt i found my goto vape for the next few years to come but it wasnt what i tought.

5. Thantifaxath

Thantifaxath Member

6. wisausnk

wisausnk Member

Sonicboom1991 likes this.
  7. Justpassedu

Justpassedu Well-Known Member

They should post a pic of it actually on the vape so we can see how they look together.

Sonicboom1991 and BigJr48 like this.
  8. wisausnk

wisausnk Member

[​IMG]

BigJr48, Scoopster and Justpassedu like this.
  9. disGRUNTled

disGRUNTled Well-Known Member

Had not used the IQ in a while , gave it a deep cleaning running GG #4 thru it now.Listening to Smoke DZA .
    [​IMG]
    Click to play YouTube Video

Click to play YouTube Video

Scoopster, Sonicboom1991 and BigJr48 like this.
  10. Modicum

Modicum Well-Known Member

I was told by CS that a new app is under development. I'm thinking of just trashing the present one because it is irresponsive to my demands and the constant "on"
    bluetooth just drains too much battery. A friend's IQ turned on by itself ,went to 390* while the app stated it couldn't find the device & wasn't connected ???
    My question being , has anyone trashed the app and had any performance problems without it ?

BigJr48 likes this.
  11. wisausnk

wisausnk Member

The only thing I did with the app was setting up two smartpaths and deleted the app after. No need to use the app but the Battery drain will stay its on the IQ side not from the app

12. MonsterWithoutBorders

MonsterWithoutBorders Philosophim

I always open up battery compartment when finished. I understand that it keeps bluetooth alive and that is the drain.

OldNewbie and BigJr48 like this.
  13. MAbud

MAbud Well-Known Member

If I don’t use the flavor chamber can I just keep it out? One less thing to worry about falling when open

14. Scoopster

Scoopster Member

Same here. Battery drain used to really piss me off, especially when I didn't understand the bluetooth was the cause of the drain. But now I pretty much take the battery out of the unit after every session and pop it in an external charger. I've gotten used to that, I do it without thought and it's not a big deal. Overall I have more positives than negatives with this vape.

15. Vaporcussion

Vaporcussion Well-Known Member

Was hoping for a glove review, anyone? I'm getting a Delta 3D IQ sleeve for free, but it doesn't look nearly as cool....

That's probably the biggest problem with the IQ, other than heat buildup, I asked CS if they could make the gasket removable...

OldNewbie and Sonicboom1991 like this.
  16. OldNewbie

OldNewbie Well-Known Member

I think the inability to completely clean the airpath is the main reason this would not be a good vape for medical users with any type or potential of immunocompromise. Along with the large oven and no realistic micro dosing potential--this should not be the first choice of many who use cannabis medically.

17. Vaporcussion

Extremely valid points! Hoping @Davinci_vaporizer is realizing this... and thinking.....

Davinci_vaporizer likes this.
  18. vapen00b

vapen00b various on-demand full convection units

About micro-dosing, FWIW, I'm having great success with the glass spacers. Usually a pinch of material, insert the big spacer and the pearl compresses it all nicely.. No issues.

That region down there will be a pain to clean - I'm sure. And the major turn-off (pun intended) is the constant bluetooth battery drain. Truly a major design flaw. Nipple mouthpiece is way too wobbly for my likings and the magnets could stronger.. Besides that I really like the vape (don't use the app or smart paths). Nice session sipper, no technique or effort needed. Top quality conduction vapor. Nice design and sweet form factor.

19. Davinci_vaporizer

Davinci_vaporizer Well-Known Member Manufacturer

We are and have some surprises this year! Stay tuned!

20. KidFated.

KidFated. We Don't Even Live Here..

Maybe it’ll swing me away from my OG da vinci.........

21. pattremblay

pattremblay New Member

i have a davinci iq and like so many before me i do have serious problem with it...it as stop heating,it doesn't work anymore after only 3 months of use it's dead.
    my davinci is registered and under the 10 years warranty but their is the big catch about their warranty they just make it very very difficult to get your device fixed,so much that i have decided not to have it fix and just take my lost and never buy anything from davinci again.
    whenever a company mistreat its customer after selling them default item should never be encourage by buying more from them.
    on top of that the device taste like s""t after a very short time of use because it's impossible to clean it properly.
    definitely not worth 275$+tx
    i'm using my arizer solo that i bought before and loving it better then davinci iq...buyers beware of poor services with davinci they really don't want to make you happy no love from davinci

22. Vaporcussion

You obviously never contacted our rep right here, you will be fixed as soon as he reads this, as he is awesome @Davinci_vaporizer

Sonicboom1991 and Vitolo like this.
  23. Scoopster

Scoopster Member

Gotta plus one the customer service. My experiences have been great.

Sonicboom1991 and Vitolo like this.
  24. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

Mine have as well.

Sonicboom1991 likes this.
  25. Sonicboom1991

Sonicboom1991 Well-Known Member

Plus one too! Awesome experience with them. As a grasshopper owner, I want to send them a box of cookies after dealing with davinci.

How so? It was a breeze when I did it somewhat recently.

Vitolo likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors