b0

Cloudy...
https://www.namastevaporizers.co.uk/products/iq-glass-spacers

It depends on what you mean by "deep clean". I'm not really fastidious about cleaning. Don't get me wrong, I like a clean vape and take a minute after a session to make sure all easily dislodged material is removed. (I also remove the battery when doing this. I don't know if the life will be lengthened if the battery has a chance to cool right after, but, I remove it.) Every so often, I do a deeper clean with iso on the parts including a twist of the iso-swab at the bottom of the flavor chamber until it comes back clean. If I get a dental pick, I can get some goop/reclaim from under the material at the bottom of the flaver chamber. If I don't, the taste still seems clean and the vape fresh. If by deep clean you mean make the vape work as new, yes. You can clean it without too much of a hassle. If you need to get all the stuff between the oven and flavor chamber, it will be a bit of a PITA.

I can't compare as I don't have either you mention, but, the draw really depends on the grind and the packing. Some recommend taking a cold draw after packing to make sure the draw will be as you like when you use it hot. For the vapes I do have, the draw is not a lung buster.

Thanks for your answers mate! Sadly the spacers are out of stock everywhere, searched in almost every european store I know and nothing. @Davinci_vaporizer any plans to ship them to any EU stores?

I'm a bit OCD with the cleaning of my vapes, I'm a medicinal user that has asthma aswell and like to keep them as clean as possible, but as long as I only need to clean once per week and I can clean it like new I'm happy. People says that the Pax 2 is a PITA and for me it never was, in fact I find it quite easy to clean. But the draw was a major problem for me.

b0,

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Thanks for your answers mate! Sadly the spacers are out of stock everywhere, searched in almost every european store I know and nothing. @Davinci_vaporizer any plans to ship them to any EU stores?

We received our stock of spacers in yesterday, and already have some en route to our EU distribution center where they will go out to shops such as Namaste, VapoShop and brick and mortars. However, we also have a warehouse in Rotterdam that we can ship them from if you don't want to wait. I still have some stock there....just once they go down in one location, I pull them everywhere.

Hope this helps!

Edited.....

BigJr48

We received our stock of spacers in yesterday, and already have some en route to our EU distribution center where they will go out to shops such as Namaste, VapoShop and brick and mortars. However, we also have a warehouse in Rotterdam that we can ship them from if you don't want to wait. I still have some stock there....just once they go down in one location, I pull them everywhere.

Hope this helps!

Edited.....

Would also like to see a more reasonable (US) shipping rate for the spacers.

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Would also like to see a more reasonable (US) shipping rate for the spacers.

Totally understand where you are coming from on this. It's a shopping cart limitation, I believe, but I'll have the dev team work with operations on seeing if there is a work around. They are so small after all.....

BigJr48

Totally understand where you are coming from on this. It's a shopping cart limitation, I believe, but I'll have the dev team work with operations on seeing if there is a work around. They are so small after all.....

Would greatly appreciate it, cause paying $10 shipping for spacers that weigh the cost of three stamps has kept me from placing my order.

Thanks..

Last edited by a moderator:

milkybrkid

@Tiny88, I totally understand your dilemma! I sent you a PM on the details regarding warranty, but it shouldn't be an issue.

Also, about the spacers, I received notice that they were shipped to us today, so they should be back up no later than Monday as they're made in the US.

HI, How would I go about ordering from your Rotterdam warehouse?

milkybrkid,
Reactions: Tiny88

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Hey Guys ! I dont know if it is news to you but there are some counterfeit IQs on the US/EU market already,they run for ~70$,It says they dont support the app control and i am pretty sure the quality will be the same as that of the mighty/crafty counterfeits,who has been reported to be awful and nothing like the originals,so be careful where you purchase !

Last edited:

Jospapaia

Hi all,
I finnaly decided after three years of using the butane powered (and wonderful) vapman that it's time to buy an electric option as well.
My final candidates are the IQ and the crafty.
After reading the crafty thread, it seems to me that it is very time limited and I should expect it to break sometime within the first two years. I live in a country where weed is still not legal so I wouldn't like to deal too many times with sending my used vaporizer to the manufacturer.

This, in addtion to the 10 years warrenty and the replaceable battery, makes me to turn significantly to the IQ side.

Am I making the right decision?

One question I have regarding the IQ, how big is the load after using the glass spacer? Again, since it's not legal here, 0.3 grams of material sounds way to wasteful to me, specially when the vapman is doing great with 0.05.

Your answers and opinions will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Jospapaia,

Jealousy

Am I making the right decision?

One question I have regarding the IQ, how big is the load after using the glass spacer? Again, since it's not legal here, 0.3 grams of material sounds way to wasteful to me, specially when the vapman is doing great with 0.05.

From my own experiences with the Crafty and the IQ( I owned Crafty before IQ and I did like the Crafty too), imo you're making the right decision.

I don't know why it seems that there is a atmosphere where the IQ doesn't do well with microdoses, as I use it almost only with microdoses and it does better job than Crafty and Grasshopper. Maybe its because it doesn't come with spacers so you have to make one or order the glass spacers.

I made ball- shaped spacer from a Crafty- liquid pad ( Glass spacers were out of stock and really hard to get where I live) and with that spacer it works great. So i can't say about the glass spacers and the load/ chamber size with those, but with diy- spacer ( The liquid pad- ball ) 0.05 works really well.

DoBoy

Did my fair share of research before ordering mine 2 days ago. My best friend has a Mighty and I love it, but just not portable enough for me. I ordered 4 18650 Samsung 25rs so I should be set. I'm also very happy I found this active thread. 2 questions-
1)How long did your guy's Davinci take to shop? Haha I know I'm a little impatient/excited but it's been 2 full days and it's still awaiting shipement.
2)I'm a heavy smoker with what I like to think a high tolerance, but I've been seeing mixed opinions on the chamber size. Some say too big or too small so are the glass spacers necessary? THANKS Y'ALL

DoBoy,

Paka-cholo

Flaccid Member
@DoBoy if you're in the US they ship from LV Nevada if I remember correctly. It took like 2-3 days to get mine.

The bowl size should be perfect for your high tolerance.

Enjoy Doboy.

DoBoy

@DoBoy if you're in the US they ship from LV Nevada if I remember correctly. It took like 2-3 days to get mine.

The bowl size should be perfect for your high tolerance.

Enjoy Doboy.
Forsure I'm just gonna stop checking today haha it's been taking over my thoughts And thank you for the quick reply

DoBoy,
Reactions: BigJr48

Tiny88

Deluxe420
Did my fair share of research before ordering mine 2 days ago. I'm a heavy smoker with what I like to think a high tolerance, but I've been seeing mixed opinions on the chamber size. Some say too big or too small so are the glass spacers necessary? THANKS Y'ALL

I think the chamber holds about .5 grams when packed tight, but I have found this to give you the best results anyways.

DoBoy

I think the chamber holds about .5 grams when packed tight, but I have found this to give you the best results anyways.
Damn that's a decent size chamber, I'll probably do one session at a time if it can fit a .5, but I'm only asking about the spacers cause they're available right now

DoBoy,

Jospapaia

Your answers and opinions will be much appreciated.

can anybody here who uses the spacer share his input?
thanks.

Jospapaia,

b0

Cloudy...

.5? Damn, that's too much for an user like me. How much it holds with each spacer? I wouldn't like to use more than .15 or so per sesh.

b0,

cor0070

First off, i'm not a Davinci employe or in any ways related to them.

I want to give a thumbs up to Davinci support, they got bashed a little lately and want to share my positive experience dealing with a minor defect on my Davinci IQ.

I love my Davinci IQ, i use it on a daily basis. Great build quality, great feel in the hand, vapor production is incredible, easy to use. A little tricky to clean but nothing i can't handle.

After 2 months of daily use, it seems that the middle gasket had a problem, a minor problem, i could still use it 100% but the top lid was not closing tight when the device got really hot after two 410-420 sessions, i'm picky about these things so i emailed Davinci RMA to explain the minor problem. Couple of hours later, support gave me an RMA and i shipped my devive to them the day after.

To make the story short, they replaced my device without any other question and shipped back to me a brand new device ASAP.

The whole process took my beloved device away from me for about 9 days, from me shipping, to receiving the new unit! That is a fair amount of time in my humble opinion.

A guy named Tim took good care of me through out the whole process.

So, thumbs up for Davinci support, really nothing to complain about...;)

Luc
Montreal

karec

Hi Guys

Quick question, i have notice when cleaning the IQ that in the space below the herb chamber and end of the cooling chamber its really hard to clean and i keep noticing a build up of material in that space, i must say this is an issue and im afraid that this could be a problem in the future with this building up of material there...so my question is how can i clean this properly? as any of you IQ users ever dealt with this problem and how can effect the performance of the device? i only have the IQ for months....
Cheers

karec,

almost there

Hi Guys

Quick question, i have notice when cleaning the IQ that in the space below the herb chamber and end of the cooling chamber its really hard to clean and i keep noticing a build up of material in that space, i must say this is an issue and im afraid that this could be a problem in the future with this building up of material there...so my question is how can i clean this properly? as any of you IQ users ever dealt with this problem and how can effect the performance of the device? i only have the IQ for months....
Cheers
I just clean as much as I can with a qtip after scraping away most of the goo with a little bent loading spoon. Going beyond that is more than I'm willing to do. There's a 10 year warranty on it, if it ever becomes a problem I'll just send it in.

BigJr48

@karec Pipe cleaners & iso works well, just make sure to clean 2x per week to avoid build up.

Last edited:
BigJr48,
Reactions: karec

dm591

can anybody here who uses the spacer share his input?
thanks.
I use the spacers 100% off the time. I love them. I even bought an extra set.. One question to other spacer users, do you put them in 1st,or on top of the herb? I've been putting it on top of the herb and packing tight.

The IQ was my first expensive vape and I must say I love it! I was finding a pipe too harsh, so I tried a vaporizer. Huge difference.

Yeah I took mine off to clean it and had a bear of a time getting it back on. I had to press and turn at the same time.

Don't take it off! You can clean it without removing it.

Last edited by a moderator:
dm591,
Reactions: BigJr48

b0

Cloudy...
I use the spacers 100% off the time. I love them. I even bought an extra set.. One question to other spacer users, do you put them in 1st,or on top of the herb? I've been putting it on top of the herb and packing tight.

The IQ was my first expensive vape and I must say I love it! I was finding a pipe too harsh, so I tried a vaporizer. Huge difference.

How much you use with the bigger spacer?

b0,
Top Bottom