vandyke

Hi,

I just used the Davinci IQ only a few times. I also used peppermint in the flavor chamber and also in the oven. I think the device develops a really stange smell which comes from the bottom (or inner) of the flavorchamber. Especially if you finished to vaporize your stuff and let the device still on.

I firstly notice this while vaporizing peppermint. Because with peppermint there is no smoke forming, so I inhale longer as necessary. At once there was a very strange and unpleasant smell and taste! So I cleaned the device mit iso and q-tips and let it run on highest setting for 5 min. Unfortunately the bad smell and taste comes back at the next session. I also can turn it on without any material and sniff after some time the bottom of the flavor chamber. Same unpleasant odor.

Does someone alse got such an experience?

Ramie121

Hi,

I'm trying to reduce the chamber size but the spacers are sold out everywhere any suggestions?

Ramie121,

Tranquility

@Davinci_vaporizer Sounds like it would be wonderful if the spacers were included in the product. I realize it would mean you have even less supply of them, but if they are in this high demand, clearly it would raise the value of the product to include them.
I agree. The oven is too large for most people to use solo (Unless their tolerance is through the roof.) without waste and it would add real functionality to include a spacer. (Spacers! Different sizes for different uses.) For me, because the cost of a pill holder key chain is low and because it is easily available most everywhere, including one in the package is of minor import. I've been hitting head shops for a couple of weeks in the hope of finding a spacer. Dozens of shops--no luck.

No one is going to change their opinion of the vape because of a water-tight container on a key chain. Make the vape awesome for a solo user or for a user who wants to microdose? THAT is an opinion changer.

Tranquility,

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
I agree. The oven is too large for most people to use solo (Unless their tolerance is through the roof.) without waste and it would add real functionality to include a spacer. (Spacers! Different sizes for different uses.) For me, because the cost of a pill holder key chain is low and because it is easily available most everywhere, including one in the package is of minor import. I've been hitting head shops for a couple of weeks in the hope of finding a spacer. Dozens of shops--no luck.

No one is going to change their opinion of the vape because of a water-tight container on a key chain. Make the vape awesome for a solo user or for a user who wants to microdose? THAT is an opinion changer.

Great suggestions guys! I'll kick this idea around with the team. When we designed the IQ we were really hoping that the pearl addressed the "bowl is too big" issue, because we've heard this before. Obviously, we need a better solution to make a smaller bowl available.

Hypothetical question- would you rather have an IQ sized vape with spacers or would you rather have a smaller personal sized vape where spacers weren't required, but say you have to give up battery life?

DolfLun

Great suggestions guys! I'll kick this idea around with the team. When we designed the IQ we were really hoping that the pearl addressed the "bowl is too big" issue, because we've heard this before. Obviously, we need a better solution to make a smaller bowl available.

Hypothetical question- would you rather have an IQ sized vape with spacers or would you rather have a smaller personal sized vape where spacers weren't required, but say you have to give up battery life?

I've watched and read nearly every review of the IQ, I've never heard anyone complain about size.

In addition I've heard that smaller vapes not only get worse battery life but tend to get hotter as the heat needs to go somewhere and less surface are means more concentration.

Lastly - you can always adjust down- but being too small for a session with 4 people or not having enough space for the removable battery (which people love) and being unable to make it thru a day of activities would likely not be a plus.

Tranquility

I love the size, shape, heft of the vape as it is. But, I have no need for something really small or concealable. The form factor, to me, is for convenience and comfort. While some may like it smaller, unless it is for concealment, I'm not sure how valuable it is to make it smaller overall. When that value is fairly low, and the cost in redesign is high, I don't see the value to you to change unless there is a true need. When that value is fairly low, and the cost in functionality is high, I don't think you will see the need manifest.

Keep the vape as it is. Improvements should come in reliability (including cleaning) and in production getting all the units to work as designed. My final decision point for this vape over the Pax3 was the removable and standard battery. How much smaller can the exterior dimensions be if the interior needs to accommodate 18650? Is 1/2 the oven going to really change things?

Paka-cholo

Flaccid Member
For my needs the IQ is excellent. I love the size and weight. I would not like to see it smaller or bigger. The bowl capacity is right in line with my tolerance level. I think including a set of spacers is a better Idea. Eliminate that space between the oven and flavor chamber so cleaning is easier, and this vape is the perfect vape for me. Nice to have you back @Davinci_vaporizer !!!

Mario445

Hi,

I just used the Davinci IQ only a few times. I also used peppermint in the flavor chamber and also in the oven. I think the device develops a really stange smell which comes from the bottom (or inner) of the flavorchamber. Especially if you finished to vaporize your stuff and let the device still on.

I firstly notice this while vaporizing peppermint. Because with peppermint there is no smoke forming, so I inhale longer as necessary. At once there was a very strange and unpleasant smell and taste! So I cleaned the device mit iso and q-tips and let it run on highest setting for 5 min. Unfortunately the bad smell and taste comes back at the next session. I also can turn it on without any material and sniff after some time the bottom of the flavor chamber. Same unpleasant odor.

Does someone alse got such an experience?

I put tobacco in mine, you got lucky with peppermint. Mine forever smells like feet.

Mario445,

Donla94

Eliminate that space between the oven and flavor chamber so cleaning is easier, and this vape is the perfect vape for me. Nice to have you back @Davinci_vaporizer !!!

Agreed, yesterday I was cleaning it after 2-1/2 weeks or so, and it was difficult cleaning the gap beneath the rubber seal on the inside where the flavor chamber is.

IMO I really do enjoy the size of the oven as is. I think the spacers' help out plenty for microdosing, especially the larger sized one.

Paka-cholo

Flaccid Member
IMO You won't get the best flavor if you don't fully pack it. Yes it consumes lots of flower but I actually prefer the taste of the fully packed bowl. I know I'm spoiled because of my locale. I have product at my disposal. Just giving my 2cents and I also relate to saving money and resources.

Terpy goodness for a good while. I prefer good flower in my IQ more than I do using concentrates. I have to say though I don't have a sapphire Liger set up like the pros but the IQ still impresses me.

Paka-cholo,

CbdLife

Joined the Davinci IQ club today, I ordered from PIU.
Pax 3's 15 second heat up time made this a tough call.
Davinci being active on here, and being helpful played a role in my choice too.
Thanks to all that have provided feedback, and onmygodimsohigh has a great video on the IQ.

Last edited:

BigJr48

Hey guys,

quick question as I couldn't find anything using the search.

does your IQ started to peel off on the bottom?

See attached images

I've contact Davinci Support and they claim this is normal behavior, I just want to know if this has happened to anyone else

Damn!!!! That shouldn't be happening to a vaporizer less than a year old but thankfully Davinci has a excellent warranty program so that your unit be serviced or maybe replaced.

Last edited:

DolfLun

Joined the Davinci IQ club today, I ordered from PIU.
Pax 3's 15 second heat up time made this a tough call.
Davinci being active on here, and being helpful played a role in my choice too.
Thanks to all that have provided feedback, and onmygodimsohigh has a great video on the IQ.

Congrats, drop us a brief review after you get it.

DolfLun,
Reactions: BigJr48

chris420stone

Wow I love my iq even with it's little flaws but davinci has the slowest RMA process I've ever dealt with and ive been threw the process with my crafty and that was much faster it's been like 3 weeks and I still haven't got email that my unit was being sent back

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
Wow I love my iq even with it's little flaws but davinci has the slowest RMA process I've ever dealt with and ive been threw the process with my crafty and that was much faster it's been like 3 weeks and I still haven't got email that my unit was being sent back
Davinci's awful customer service was the only reason I sold my IQ. It's a great vape sold by an (imo) incompetent company.

Last edited:
Cheesequake,

Vaporcussion

I messaged Davinci here on April 28th to start the process. I just got an email that repair is complete, and it's been sent, June 30th. So two months all in all...

Vaporcussion,

Taz

Tester
Davinci started me but how is the flow? I mean terps etc. I hated the OG cause it might get u high. It still sucks so whats next here? I do not pay for hope now. Step up DaVinci.

Taz,

Carlos8400

The main reason i stopped using the IQ is that IMO the oven is too small.
Twice as big would be perfect for me.

Carlos8400,

karec

Hi guys, judging what i read about batteries i want to buy the Samsung 30Q, but im going on holidays and i bought a really nice double charger with battery info and a lot of S1ht, and i bought an LG battery while the Samsung is out of stock...

LGDBHG218650 is the battery i bought, is it ok?

After 3days with an IQ coming from a Crafty i have to say im really happy and impressed with the choice
Cheers

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Yea I love my iq and their fast responding thru email but that dont mean nothing if there rma shipping blows

Hi guys, judging what i read about batteries i want to buy the Samsung 30Q, but im going on holidays and i bought a really nice double charger with battery info and a lot of S1ht, and i bought an LG battery while the Samsung is out of stock...

LGDBHG218650 is the battery i bought, is it ok?

After 3days with an IQ coming from a Crafty i have to say im really happy and impressed with the choice
Cheers

@chris420stone, I'm going to DM you to see if I can't find out why the RMA this is taking so long and speed this up for you.

@karec, the LG batteries should be fine. Note that they are 3000mah and 20 A, versus the ones we provide with the unit are 3500mah and 10A. The board regulates the amps, so no change there, but you may get a shorter lifespan before charging is needed. You have an external charger, so you should be good to go.

Top Bottom