The Cloud EVO Anticipation Thread

weedemon

enthusiast
I got mine today, it also arrived around 11 I had not been able to sleep and had given up trying around 7:30. by 10:30 my gf was awake so I said you're on shift, i'm going to bed. 30 min later. i awake to hear the door bell and my dog going nuts :D been up ever since. will sleep well tonight!

tonight feels like xmas eve i bet that's what it felt like for me. i dont even care about xmas now. mine has already happened! :p

Last edited:

grokit

well-worn member
No reason given here :hmm:

Speculation:
perhaps a swagger/opal issue, perhaps they're waiting on the cases for certain destinations to avoid partial back-orders and additional shipping charges.

:shrug:

So everyone's nightmare (or one man's dream) almost materialized itself in Philly today....hope none of our EVOs were on that truck!:
C7OQ08g.png

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
anyone other than me still expecting?
mine is ETA tomorrow (usually b4 noon)
'course there hasn't been an update since the 16th so it might be another day.
they drop on sat. right?

feel bad for all those who have to wait, did they give a reason?
i feel like this is a swagger issue maybe? just suspicions, no data.

any portland area (nw not ne) peeps expecting theirs late and want to setup an EVO visit, i'll try to oblige.

My est delivery is still tomorrow too(Early Bird/bent neck). I'm in Bay Area and tracking says its in Sacramento (90 miles).
Should be delivered AM...taking PM off :clap::rockon::rofl::smug:

Rosstopher

FedEx guy showed up at my place at 9:30 AM this morning despite me being told that it would be redirected to my local post office for a convenient pick-up (I live in a small town). Needless to say I was at work keeping an eye on the tracking and managed to have them re-route it to a packing facility in a near by city tomorrow. One more day...

Fire Bad!

Proud to inspire your song, @Fire Bad! :tup:

Thanks Vapinghole!:) Sorry my memory is not too good!

I did not mean to plagiarize your song,;) so all credit goes to you. I was thinking that after the last Indiegogo email that I may have to change the last lyric.

All your life
you were only waiting for the EVO to arrive.

to:
Just til Christmas
you were only waiting for the EVO to arrive.

No more ticking, It's going to be a Silent but Cloudy Night.:lmao:
I was hoping to have the Early Bird before the Thanksgiving Bird but
Just have to be patient another month.....at least I have my Ticker to use in the mean time!
:peace:

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
Finally after an almost full week of no updates from FedEx, right now I refreshed the tracking page in my phone and........

11/21/2013 - Thursday

3:20 pm Arrived at FedEx location TROUTDALE, OR.

So, maybe even sun is shining in Oregon, tomorrow is going to be really cloudy at home :)

Really hoping to it...

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Finally after an almost full week of no updates from FedEx, right now I refreshed the tracking page in my phone and........

11/21/2013 - Thursday

3:20 pm Arrived at FedEx location TROUTDALE, OR.

So, maybe even sun is shining in Oregon, tomorrow is going to be really cloudy at home :)

Really hoping to it...
same here. troutdale 3.20pm
we both should be sailing in the clouds within 12 hrs. (i'll have mine by noon at latest)

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
same here. troutdale 3.20pm
we both should be sailing in the clouds within 12 hrs. (i'll have mine by noon at latest)

spacer.gif
6:14 am
On FedEx vehicle for delivery

TROUTDALE, OR

So cool to start a weekend like this.
And for the rest of FCers on the wait, hang in there. Clouds will arrive, and THC vapor clouds will pour rain of joy on every head. Stay strong my friends.
If something will make you happy, is that I'm sure that @Bob Loblaw and me will post pics and vids of our own lift offs :)
And maybe a double EVO show if we combine forces some day :) ......

@elmomuzz I remember you vape in an outside shed as well. Very cold of course :)

http://instagram.com/p/hBds6fsOO8/

Will this temps or worst all night long affect my EVO??

More people that vape in a non A/Ced environment with an EVO ??? TIA

Guess who made it homeeeeeee :)

spacer.gif

Last edited:

JCat

Accessory Maker
Different sort of anticipation here... I am entering the world of vaporization with this pre-order purchase. I have no idea what I am in for and I am very excited, but admittedly, not knowing what I am missing yet, any delays are easier to take.

On the note of not knowing what I am missing, I was hoping that you veterans of the world of vaporization and more specifically, the Cloud family might be able to help a noob such as myself understand how to really get started properly.

Thus far, I pre-ordered the EVO in mid August. I have purchased 2 bottles of RezBlock and a 10 piece wax carver spatula kit (seems that I see a what I think are those things in people's videos).

What else should I look into to hit the ground running? The anticipation is growing by the day and I would love to be totally prepared for day 1. Anything you guys can suggest? Extra ELB's necessary? The Mini ELB I have been seeing in the main thread is very interesting to me, but I have no idea where to procure the elbow screens I see referenced...

If there is a thread or a list that I have not yet found, please excuse my ignorance, and if such a thing is out there, might you be kind enough to link me to it?

Many thanks in advance - I look forward to joining the ranks!

I'd recommend a Santa Cruz Shredder for a grinder (or other similar high quality grinder, but I'm yet to find one that is as good as the SCS). Vaporizers need nicely ground herb :)

530rasta

So even though the website told us that pre orders were planning on being shipped end of october, it seems now that pre orders arent even going to be out the door by new years, im guessing even longer.

Im not pissed or anything as I have more herb than I know what to do with, a kick ass SOLO, and many other ways of being high.

Yet I must say it is a bit misleading to tell people to pre orderand give a delivery date estimate only to have it be off by months, then the fact that we learn about the timing or mis timing if you will, not from vapexhale but from FC members.

Shouldnt it be easy enough for vapexhale to set up an automated email system so as soon as someone orders off their site that it takes their email and sends EVERYONE updates as they are available?? Its not hard to set up a mass email list. All you have to do is write ONE update email and then everyone will get the info , not just a few indiegogo peeps..

just a thought

i pre ordered in october, doubt ill see this unit before February, which is a BIG bummer as I was assuming from the vapexhale website that they had these kinks worked out. I was also hoping to take it to the EMERALD CUP and be able to show off this beast, but it looks like ill be happy if i get it for 4/20 lol

530rasta,

M00NEY

I think it is safe to say that this level of delay is something difficult to predict and that their attention to detail is the culprit. If ever there was a good reason for things to delay, that would be it, IMO.

Shooting for an October release date and then being delayed a few months with the amount of work needing to be done (and not outsourced, so literally riding on the backs of a few dedicated individuals) is something that perhaps we, as customers, can redirect the emotion/reaction of "misleading" to "postponed due to dedication that this shit will be perfect".

It is not a warm and fuzzy feeling to wait. It would be WAY worse if there was a flurry of units shipped and then returned, which would halt further production as issues were worked out, ultimately causing larger delays for more customers.

This is due diligence. It is a work in progress. We will only do right by this company and the people who make it go by tempering expectations on timing by knowing that the device, once in hand is going to be amazing. It is one of those situations where a cliche may work:

Anything worth doing is worth doing right.

To my mind, these guys are taking it slow to ensure they are doing it right. We have to remember that there are not a huge number of people putting the devices together, packaging them and getting them sent out. This is not an automated factory. This is TLC getting funneled into each and every unit that gets shipped out.

And the history has to play a part in this. VXL has been on the hot seat in the past, due to outsourced manufacturing. In order to keep things on the up and up, delays are better than failures, right?

I pre-ordered in August. I missed the ability to contribute to the IGG campaign by literally 2 days (ugh). But that was the path my research took me on. Patience is my friend. Each time I begin to get antsy on this, I remind myself that this journey will end with smiles and success. We'll get there....

M00NEY

My anticipation just reached the pitch that fevers hold. I have requested cancellation of my pre-order. This due to the fact that I managed to snag the Early Bird that was in the classifieds this morning. Holy shit... It just got real, fast.

Cannot wait to join the ranks of the experienced.

Many thanks to @toros23

530rasta

yeah i didnt want to come across as not feeling for what vapexhale is going through as a start up.

I actually see them as a great company with an amesome vision.

And im not trying to tell someone how to do anything, more of a 'hey here's some feedback about my experience'

530rasta,
Reactions: M00NEY

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
GAHHHHH!!! they are usually here by now... chewing my nails to stubs

i'm shivering w/ anticipation over here!

want to take a hit, but am trying to stay as clear as possible for the virgin hit.

my anxiety might win out!

Same boat...out for delivery. I had it re-routed to across from where I'd be this AM where it usually gets dropped off early. Already planned to take the afternoon off, but this time it still hasn't arrived yet. So now I'll have to drive home (where it was originally going to be delivered) and then back when it arrives there. lol

But, and this is the important part, I should have it today! :rofl:

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Same boat...out for delivery. I had it re-routed to across from where I'd be this AM where it usually gets dropped off early. Already planned to take the afternoon off, but this time it still hasn't arrived yet. So now I'll have to drive home (where it was originally going to be delivered) and then back when it arrives there. lol

But, and this is the important part, I should have it today! :rofl:
yea, the mail is here and that is not a good sign.
am hoping it gets found on the truck before end of day.
anxiety won out

Top Bottom