The Cloud EVO Anticipation Thread

JoeKickass

3rcdiu.jpg

Yeah, yeah, you all get EVO's!!!!

But are any straight tubes? :horse:
:D

gigaurora

I got my package of EQ caps to make mini ELBs out of :tup:

Still waiting for my email. Making mini ELBs and waiting... that's what I'm doing...

God this makes my day. I just imagine some man, staring blankly at an unchanging gmail, connecting and unconnecting elbs over and over while the seasons change behind him and his scruff grows into a long beard. And then, one day, the door rings, and the Fedex man is there... and it's just the HT with no EVO

:leaf:

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
The EVO has landed. Its sitting there glowing green waiting (somewhat impatiently) for my wife to get home.

First impressions...like all the rest very light...almost a disappointment as I come from a generation where weight and solidity/sturdiness went hand in hand. Guess I just prefer metal to plastic :myday:

My Cloud+ trained ELBs fit fine.

Bent neck HT is smaller than I had pictured it would be. Was so eager to get it unboxed I almost through out the hydrafoot. lol

I looked at some of the posted pictures to try to figure out a water level to start at.

Cup winning Girl Scout Cookies standing by to take the inaugural round.

Patiently waiting for my beloved...:bang:

Last edited:

max

Out to lunch
Guess I just prefer metal to plastic
If you prefer the heavy Cloud, especially upside down, you're in the minority. I might agree if it's being used in an upright, stationary location, but for inserting into a glass piece, I'll the take the lightweight EVO any time.

Waiting for the wife? Mine would be coming home to a hot EVO and a wasted husband. :lol:

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
If you prefer the heavy Cloud, especially upside down, you're in the minority. I might agree if it's being used in an upright, stationary location, but for inserting into a glass piece, I'll the take the lightweight EVO any time.

Waiting for the wife? Mine would be coming home to a hot EVO and a wasted husband. :lol:

She'd probably agree with the wasted part...

And its our Xmas present so we should "open" it together.

Actually I liked how solid the Cloud felt inverted on my ION and wondered about the EVO's stability. Glad to hear you don't think its a problem.

max

Out to lunch
inverted on my ION
Same glass here and I much prefer the EVO. Easier to handle for most people and I think you're less likely to stress the EVO's glass since it's much lighter, and the o-ring/gasket seems like it would offer further protection. All in all it's safer and more maneuverable for me. Add in the quick start up vs. the Cloud and I'm enjoying this version a lot more.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
God this makes my day. I just imagine some man, staring blankly at an unchanging gmail, connecting and unconnecting elbs over and over while the seasons change behind him and his scruff grows into a long beard. And then, one day, the door rings, and the Fedex man is there... and it's just the HT with no EVO

:leaf:
this made my day too, as @Enchantre is female ;)

gigaurora said:
and it's just the HT with no EVO
I thought it was going to be a romantic love story, not a horror story!

damn you joe, speak of the devil....
so it wasn't that i had no EVO. just didn't work. i got the luck of the draw and got the first non-working EVO to slip past VXL crew. got a new one coming monday.

been able to use the new HT due to the stand, a 'y' joint and both a m-m and a f-f adapter w/ my sub and w/ a nail. the glass is lovely. the form of the EVO is fantastic. i can't wait to try out the function.

JoeKickass

Swagger posted another order of HT's on Instagram. Looks like a bunch of EB and Fanatic bent necks. Good to see them pushing them out!!
Shit I was worried that they were doing the bent before the straight, guess I was right...

damn you joe, speak of the devil....
so it wasn't that i had no EVO. just didn't work. i got the luck of the draw and got the first non-working EVO to slip past VXL crew. got a new one coming monday.
Oh man that's rough, send that puppy back so they can question the guy that inspected it...

way2

Shit I was worried that they were doing the bent before the straight, guess I was right..

stonemonkey55 chimed in recently and said all types of HT's have been shipped so it's not one type before the other. This batch just happens to be bent. I'd guess a lot more bent necks were ordered than straight which is why we haven't seen one on FC yet.

Enchantre

Oil Painter
I'm glad to see more early bird bent neck HTs! Must be why I hadn't gotten my email yet - they needed to order more glass.

I have four EQ Mini-ELBs made. I have the means to make six more, but I've stashed them away for future needs. I am WAY excited to try them, as well as trying regular ELB loads.

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Holy shit, a side car HT! Do want do want do want! To bad I'm broke :D I suppose sidecar arebest if you want to watch the milk! :mmmm: And these worked parts are so beautiful! Maybe one day, one day...

edit: I think turbine would be perfect splashguard for a sidecar mouthpiece. Of course the direction of swirling is very important here (in this case clock-wise). With a right turbine the sidecar could be very short.

Last edited:

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
stonemonkey55 chimed in recently and said all types of HT's have been shipped so it's not one type before the other. This batch just happens to be bent. I'd guess a lot more bent necks were ordered than straight which is why we haven't seen one on FC yet.

And . . . there are straight necks that have been packaged up and are awaiting their matching EVO's.

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
And . . . there are straight necks that have been packaged up and are awaiting their matching EVO's.

I just wet my pants a bit. I SOOO hope there's an EB straight neck with my name on it awaiting its soul mate. :clap:

Edit: Ok, not literally with my name on it, though that would be cool. But I'm fine with Swagger's name on it :)

Enchantre

Oil Painter
I just wet my pants a bit. I SOOO hope there's an EB straight neck with my name on it awaiting its soul mate. :clap:

Edit: Ok, not literally with my name on it, though that would be cool. But I'm fine with Swagger's name on it :)
Oh, didn't you hear? We each are getting our FC name sandblasted on the HT... it's what's taking so long for some of the Fanatic/Early Birds tubes. ;)

[Note: NOT! just being facetious!]

Top Bottom