BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I have cycled through my share of torch vapes. I do have the vapcap and have really enjoyed it. It's just, without regular practice, my torch skills suck and I end up with a lot of charred flavor. The same goes for the Lotus which was my daily driver for about one year. Great vapes but I'm taking a break from the torch right now.

I needed a vape that I could hit pretty quickly and easily during the day around the house and also for overnight trips and such. I vape most evenings and use my plug in nano. This little guy has been fun to use so far. The gong bowl is a bit larger than the nano gong so I pack a bit more, but you get a few more hits off a bowl on the Air.

I realized that when you start a bowl you don't get much cloud until the second or third hit. I thought it had more to do with warm up time, but apparently it's a combo of both. Before the bowl is kicked, you do get several nice cloud hits though. This is giving me a nice balanced stone with my usual indica strains.

@OF: I am trying to picture what you're doing there with the pipe cleaner. Are you making a flat oblong coil with a cleaner and then poking it down the hole of the straight stem? Is there a page with a snapshot of your set up? Sounds like a great solution.

OF

@OF: I am trying to picture what you're doing there with the pipe cleaner. Are you making a flat oblong coil with a cleaner and then poking it down the hole of the straight stem? Is there a page with a snapshot of your set up? Sounds like a great solution.

Yep, more or less. I fold the stem back on itself twice so it's 'four wide' and an inch and a half long usually. Then stuff it down 'backwards' to sit above the glass plate with the holes (after the load, in the vapor path). Because the bends are a bit sloppy (and so am I) there's no straight shot for the air to flow through, it's forced to go around and over the damp cotton. IMO it even works better than a WT in that the moisturized vapor continues to cool so the Relative Humidity goes up. You probably even breathe in a small amount of 'fog' (aerosol water droplets) I bet. We discussed this at TV one afternoon (the idea it works super good for a hit or two) and that seemed to be the winning theory.

For whatever reason, it seems to work. Simple but sometimes a bit of a PITA to keep dripping the odd bit of water back in (or use my 'dunk it and shake' technique if nobody's watching......). Sometimes the results make it well worth it IMO. Cheap, and easy enough to try. Tell you what, are you in the US? If so, PM me and I'll mail you some pipe cleaners to play with? We just got a fresh roll of stamps.......

OF

Chandler

apologies. i didn't finish my earlier sentence...

had a session with my air. session ended, i removed the stem filled it for another session in the near future and stuck it back into the unit... the unit was off and still warm when i stuck it in, so i decided to inhale....

wow. as the unit was cooling i took about 6,7 draws of the most dense magnificent flavor i believe i've had yet from a vaporizer. no visible vapor. just the most potent flavor. vaping on blue i haven't had flavor on this level. it was so nice i had to turn the unit on and finish that load!

waiting for the opportunity to duplicate the experiment!

essie1

had a session with my air. session ended, i removed the stem filled it for another session in the near future and stuck it back into the unit... the unit was off and still warm when i stuck it in, so i decided to inhale....

wow. as the unit was cooling i took about 6,7 draws of the most dense magnificent flavor i believe i've had yet from a vaporizer. no visible vapor. just the most potent flavor. vaping on blue i haven't had flavor on this level. it was so nice i had to turn the unit on and finish that load!waiting for the opportunity to duplicate the experiment!

Nice taste huh :). This is why I prefer the lowest settings. The cannabinoids starts to vaporize at 285°F. 95% of the cannabinoids comes out with that temperature. To get the buzzzzz feeling, we need to go up a little higher in temp because THC starts to vaporize at 315°F. Medical users are mostly looking for CBDL, which comes free at a temperature between 320 - 356°F. This is why the blue setting is for me the best.

I'm sure when my AA arrives, I only will use it on the lowest (blue) temp setting because I prefer the flavor it gives. I'm also doing this already with my desktop V-Tower. Temps above 356°F creates a bad throat feeling to me.

eef-1-720x893.png

Thanks to rollingstoned.nl for this picture.

lovecrush

http://goo.gl/EsKJzJ
Bought a vortex pvhes stem from vapefiend a few days ago, I'm excited to receive it.

Two friends (a guy and a girl) tested my new Arizer Air (2016 version) and they liked it better than my titanium grasshopper. They found the taste (can't beat glass!) and harshness/production of vapor very good.

Almost two months later, I finally received it. Fuck brazilian customs and its postal service, but whatever.

I loved that it comes with a hard plastic tube for carrying it (since it's the size of a solo stem) and it has an inside screen, wich is nice for filtering the scooby snacks.

I used it a few times on the max temperature, and found that sipping like it's a hot tea is the best option with this stem, just pulling slowly for like 5~7 seconds and waiting 20~30s between hits. This way you can get a lot of vapor production. Can't recommend it enough, got it from vapefiend and received a free VIPE (vape wipe) from them.

75897ee7ea37defb8803e57003fa1346.jpg

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Yep, more or less. I fold the stem back on itself twice so it's 'four wide' and an inch and a half long usually. Then stuff it down 'backwards' to sit above the glass plate with the holes (after the load, in the vapor path). Because the bends are a bit sloppy (and so am I) there's no straight shot for the air to flow through, it's forced to go around and over the damp cotton. IMO it even works better than a WT in that the moisturized vapor continues to cool so the Relative Humidity goes up. You probably even breathe in a small amount of 'fog' (aerosol water droplets) I bet. We discussed this at TV one afternoon (the idea it works super good for a hit or two) and that seemed to be the winning theory.

For whatever reason, it seems to work. Simple but sometimes a bit of a PITA to keep dripping the odd bit of water back in (or use my 'dunk it and shake' technique if nobody's watching......). Sometimes the results make it well worth it IMO. Cheap, and easy enough to try. Tell you what, are you in the US? If so, PM me and I'll mail you some pipe cleaners to play with? We just got a fresh roll of stamps.......

OF

Thanks OF! Very kind of you. I mentioned this fix to my wife who went into her decorating supplies and found a ton of pipe cleaners. I apparently have enough for a lifetime at this point. I'm going to play around with that this weekend.

After a day like today at work, I'm needing a few bowls right now to relax and settle me down for the night. I truly believe that all marijuana is medical.

OF

Thanks OF! Very kind of you. I mentioned this fix to my wife who went into her decorating supplies and found a ton of pipe cleaners. I apparently have enough for a lifetime at this point. I'm going to play around with that this weekend.

After a day like today at work, I'm needing a few bowls right now to relax and settle me down for the night. I truly believe that all marijuana is medical.

Yer welcome. Just watch out for not being all cotton (try lighting it with a match and watching if it burns to fine ash).

And, of course, avoid colored/dyed ones, some dyes are really nasty and it's easily avoided.

Enjoy your Air, it's a great one for sure.

OF

Chandler

this past week my Air has seen alot of usage. i noticed the other day my case has lost its velcro due to opening and closing and it occured to me, 'suppose Arizer didn't include a case'? i think they HAD to include a case or ppl would misplace the detachable mouth piece/stems and complain. however, because the velcro is cheap the case becomes a consumable and will not last long... personally i use my Air, but it gets long breaks and sees nowhere near the usage Vapman and Crafty recieve, and the case couldnt last a year! either way i need a new case!!

what cases are you guys using? reccomendations?

Vigor

As far as we know, nobody has had an oven failure with Air......

And FWIW it's not ceramic, it's SS and plastic.

OF

Sorry, I thought I had read that the heating element was ceramic.
Is there plastic in the vapor path? I am looking for unadulterated taste.

Vigor,
Reactions: OF

Vaporhead99

this past week my Air has seen alot of usage. i noticed the other day my case has lost its velcro due to opening and closing and it occured to me, 'suppose Arizer didn't include a case'? i think they HAD to include a case or ppl would misplace the detachable mouth piece/stems and complain. however, because the velcro is cheap the case becomes a consumable and will not last long... personally i use my Air, but it gets long breaks and sees nowhere near the usage Vapman and Crafty recieve, and the case couldnt last a year! either way i need a new case!!

what cases are you guys using? reccomendations?

I was racking my brain for ages trying to think if I had an official Air case as I bought a case specially for the Air however after a google search I realised you meant the belt pouch / case which I do have :D

The case I use though is a medium sized RYOT Pack ratz case however this is much bigger than the official Air case but suits my needs perfectly as it's smellproof, I can carry AVB pots and a few extras too, check it out it may suit you too.

OF

Sorry, I thought I had read that the heating element was ceramic.
Is there plastic in the vapor path? I am looking for unadulterated taste.

Long ago Solo cups were ceramic coated, the cups, not the heaters, but they chipped in use and were eliminated years before Air came out. Perhaps that's the source?

No plastic with the 'all glass' stem it comes with, the longer versions for Solo and the various aftermarket stems. However, you also get a Plastic topped stem which has plastic in the top (hence the name) to try/use. Hopefully you will.......you won't find a difference in taste unless you want to?

OF

OF

Yall should try this. Finish a session, load the stem, place it inside the unit as its cooling. Inhale! Flavour heaven!

Then what do you do with it? After you've sucked the tasty bits out. Leave it out for your roommate to find?

In a rare serious note please consider that most of the smell is in those same 'light fractions'. If you do this a time or two to the same load in a serious manner while you remove some (small really) fraction of the potency but almost all the smell.......if that sort of thing interests you (even sometimes).

A bit of work, but quite effective if done carefully. We first played with the idea in MFLB years ago. Last time I tried, it still works.

OF

GetLeft

and the case couldnt last a year!

Yeah that AA case wasn't worth much for me. I toss my equipment into which ever butt pack I'm working out of and never have any problems. Although I do store my batts in the side pockets of the AA case and they've held up nicely over time so the case is not entirely useless to me.

Hopefully you will.......you won't find a difference in taste unless you want to?

I balked on using the plastic tip stem for too long. Once I took to it though I haven't gone back to the all glass stems. My shorty provides better air flow (well I'll see if it's random or if they all do as I'm waiting on a backup shorty from Arizer) and better stealth (important for some). However I believe the flavor is slightly better in the stock all glass stem, due to nothing other than it being a little longer and therefor a little cooler (nothing to do with the plastic).

Chandler

Then what do you do with it? After you've sucked the tasty bits out. Leave it out for your roommate to find?
:lol: Lol. No. each time i ended up turning the unit back on and enjoyed another session. That flavour is tremendous though. Someone try it n tell me I'm wrong! :D

lotus710

Yall should try this. Finish a session, load the stem, place it inside the unit as its cooling. Inhale! Flavour heaven!
dude..... just did ths with haze... amazing.

does anyone else have a prblem with laying the air down?? mine tend to shut off when i lay it down to pack my hoot

OF

does anyone else have a prblem with laying the air down?? mine tend to shut off when i lay it down to pack my hoot

It's come up a couple of times, IIRC it was a mechanical issue with the battery contact (breaking the circuit momentarily due to gravity and inertia conspiring against good and right). IIRC at least one of the fellows was using an aftermarket cell ("battery"), are you using the factory one?

The other fellow I recall reported cleaning the ends of the 18650 with ISO fixed it, I suspect it'd picked up some garbage in the contact area somewhere along the line.

It could also be counterfeit? The counterfeit I purposely bought did this for me if I set it down tail first hard enough. I believe I reported as much at the time? Not enough spring there. The 18650 was genuine and fine.

OF

Jimiblues

After about a week of heavy use the stem became a nice golden brown. So I broke off a dense nugget in the shape of ball, attached it to a paper clip and cleaned the stem. I ended up with a nice honey nugget that was super potent. This was probably the best cleaning experience I've ever had with any vape.

Jimiblues

I waited about a week...I was planning on waiting for a month, but since this is my maiden voyage with the arizer I decided to clean it. I cleaned it and let the nugget dry out for a couple of hours. It tasted amazing. I'm gonna wait longer the next time...but it's tempting cuz the stem smells so damn good.

Vapoleon

Vapoleon Bonaparte
It sounds interesting.
I like to keep the stems very clean, 2-3 sessions Max, then i put it into a tea cup with hot water and everyday dishwasher liquid. It washes as clean as if it was with ISO. But this is esaier cause i dont have to buy ISO. Easy peasy.
Clean stem = clean vapor for me.
Clean & tasty vapor.

Last edited:

Faolan

Mighty, Air1.5/Max/Go, Tinymight, Dynavap, Fury2
Hm maybe I've been waiting too long. I haven't cleaned mine in months (use it usually 1 time a day) it's all light gold with a little bit of darker oil at the very top and very bottom. Can still see through it though. Think I'll try it friday and report back!

Last edited:
Top Bottom