BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I have been having a great time with this little guy. It produces fairly cool vapor even without a bubbler.
I started vaping on red but now vape almost entirely on blue! Switching to white in order to get the last few sedative puffs.

I like that I can lay on my couch and sip it while watching tv.

I was surprised that the 10 min session was exactly that. I thought the 10 min timer applied if you didn't mess with any buttons, but nope, even if you switch temps during the sessions it does not seem to reset the time. I kinda wish this was the case because one of the few dislikes is when your puffing away and wonder why your not getting anything, only to find that it shut itself off.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but the only way to extend a session is to shut it down and turn it back on? Perhaps this is a protection to keep the unit and battery from getting too hot?

greyduck

I've read/searched through this thread but had a couple questions before my Air arrives next week.

1. I ordered the recommended domed screens from eBay. Is it good practice to use two screens - one to prevent you from accidentally sucking in particles and the other between the herb and the oven? Also, which direction should the domed screens face?

2. Is it best to wait for the Air to hit the initial desired temperature before inserting the stem?

OF

1. I ordered the recommended domed screens from eBay. Is it good practice to use two screens - one to prevent you from accidentally sucking in particles and the other between the herb and the oven? Also, which direction should the domed screens face?

2. Is it best to wait for the Air to hit the initial desired temperature before inserting the stem?

First off, howdy! Welcome to the Forum and all the fun. Lots of good folks about with sound advice to offer new guys......hopefully soon you'll be in that group as well, sharing your experiences.

Domed screens should be used one at a time. If you feel the urge to put a second screen 'on top' use a flat one (half inch size IIRC). Dome down gives you near normal volume but much longer between cleanings since the screen has a much larger 'working area' with the dome as opposed to just the four holes which jam more quickly. 'Dome up' cuts the volume down as well from maybe 1/4 gram to 1/8th? This gives many of us the advantage of a fresh load (with full flavor) for each session. Try it both ways, see what you like?

Especially when new the seals are tight and stiff when cold. As they age things get looser, but at first I recommend installing (and for that matter removing) the stem when warm/hot. You learn by experience what's needed here, not to worry.

Merry Christmas to all.

OF

greyduck

First off, howdy! Welcome to the Forum and all the fun. Lots of good folks about with sound advice to offer new guys......hopefully soon you'll be in that group as well, sharing your experiences.

Domed screens should be used one at a time. If you feel the urge to put a second screen 'on top' use a flat one (half inch size IIRC). Dome down gives you near normal volume but much longer between cleanings since the screen has a much larger 'working area' with the dome as opposed to just the four holes which jam more quickly. 'Dome up' cuts the volume down as well from maybe 1/4 gram to 1/8th? This gives many of us the advantage of a fresh load (with full flavor) for each session. Try it both ways, see what you like?

Especially when new the seals are tight and stiff when cold. As they age things get looser, but at first I recommend installing (and for that matter removing) the stem when warm/hot. You learn by experience what's needed here, not to worry.

Merry Christmas to all.

OF

Thanks for the answers and the warm welcome! Sounds like the dome up approach is probably more ideal for me since I anticipate that I will be using smaller bowls with the added plus that it will help keep particles from inadvertently getting sucked up.

GetLeft

I anticipate that I will be using smaller bowls

Yeah man that's why this forum (and thread) rock. I came here wide eyed and wondering and found after much valuable reading that the air was the best vape for me. Stealth, intuitive (= not complcated), adjustable and not least reliable. Might not be the vape for everyone but here you'll find out straight up whether it is or not. Easy and effective. Yes. Both big pluses in my neck of the woods.

Ghosts

Stoner Turk
so whats the best temp for head high bcoz ive been on green since i bought it and its been sort of head high but more sedative all the time

obv trying out blue and white right now as i type this

Ghosts,
Reactions: jpdnkstr

bluenavey00

Arizer Air Aficionado
Those would be the ones

Use on blue and white, when the vapor stops flowing, dump into a pot, and cook with it for extra potent ABV. Or save up and use the lightly vaped weed before bed on orange / red to finish it off.

Merry Christmas / holidays FCers

bluenavey00,
Reactions: Vapoleon

Faolan

Mighty, Air1.5/Max/Go, Tinymight, Dynavap, Fury2
Vape more of it? I had a head killer head high the other day using red. But then again I put keif in to

Faolan,

imamcfatty

Just got my new arizer air from VapeWorld with their crazy gift deals. My air seems to get really hot where the oven is. So hot that I can't touch the fins for more than a second without having to pull away hot.. I even feel the heat on my face radiating from the heater while I take each hit. Is this normal? Also, I've been trying to tour through the different temperatures, but it seems like I can get good hits off just the blue for a really long time. When is the right time to switch to a higher temp? I was under the impression that I'm supposed to switch when I don't get much vapor production from the same temp, but it seems to take a while. Should I just be more patient or is there another sign?

DreamHaze

Psychonaughty
After thinking it over for a good while, i can say i see an Air in my near future.
For sure will buy a separate battery charger to charge those extra batteries i'm gonna get. Will have 4 in total, so while 2 will be in use, i will have 2 charging/charged at all times. Might even buy more for on the go lol, but that's down to road.

Anyone regularly use their air travel pouch? Found any better substitutes that will help fit 1-3 batteries, 1-2 stems, and the unit itself?

Also, thinking of buying the official air batteries to be safe, but what are some batteries that offer more sessions from the Air that are relatively safe?

Saw a 4 battery holder on the mistvape thread i think, and i might get one of those for travel

OF

My air seems to get really hot where the oven is. So hot that I can't touch the fins for more than a second without having to pull away hot..Is this normal?

When is the right time to switch to a higher temp?

That sounds quite normal. That oven is HOT, hotter than your kitchen oven gets? And you're a small fraction of a inch away? Yep, it gets warm on the outside for sure. Hotter and faster than Solo (which is bigger), but if the temperature is right inside, it's right outside as well since that's a function of design/materials. Not to worry......your job is to enjoy and learn.

Temperature control is tied up with technique. You should experiment to find what suits you best. Don't fall into the trap of 'I read it on the web', don't let random guys make your decisions for you. Guys that aren't even using their real names......

Experiment with loads and techniques. Follow the results you like. Stuff here is mostly suggestions IMO.

Regards and best wishes.

Anyone regularly use their air travel pouch? Found any better substitutes that will help fit 1-3 batteries, 1-2 stems, and the unit itself?

Also, thinking of buying the official air batteries to be safe, but what are some batteries that offer more sessions from the Air that are relatively safe?

I like the Vatra case for the Solo. It's tight with Solo, but with Air it easily carries the unit, a couple stems, spare 18650 (I only carry one at most) and stash in 'doob tubes'. I also have a USB charge cable, small wall adapter and small car adapter in there for recharges.

I found use for only one spare 18650 since it's easy enough to recharge every day or two, but there's plenty of room in the Vatra case and it's very well padded as well.

The factory 18650 is a really solid performer for Air (or Arizer would use something better.......), it's pretty much at the top of the list really. You won't go far wrong sticking with them, it's lot like another brand will give you an extra session or anything. IMO Arizer knows their stuff. Our very own @CentiZen researched this a while back in great detail, the cell used was in his considered opinion the best available for the task. He bought in bulk from the maker (the one Arizer buys from) and sold them at a discount for a while. IMO you're only likely to save a dollar or two, and can look forward to long service from the factory offering, not always so others (which have been optimized for other factors).

Your call, of course.

OF

DreamHaze

Psychonaughty
Awesome, thanks for the input as always OF.

Wondering if the ebay user "agracan_com" is a legit seller of the Arizer Air. Anyone know if the units they sell are legitimate?

On the verge of buying their "Ultimate Package" that comes with an extra stem and battery for $150 pretty much

OF

Wondering if the ebay user "agracan_com" is a legit seller of the Arizer Air. Anyone know if the units they sell are legitimate?

On the verge of buying their "Ultimate Package" that comes with an extra stem and battery for $150 pretty much

As I recall, if you ask Arizer, they answer that 'legitimate seller' thing right away.

You might also consider contacting Randy and PIU and see if he's willing to match that price, he often does that and there's absolutely no question about him......he's aces for sure!

Good luck with it, get a genuine one 'cuz it's a keeper for sure.

OF

bluenavey00

Arizer Air Aficionado
Anyone regularly use their air travel pouch? Found any better substitutes that will help fit 1-3 batteries, 1-2 stems, and the unit itself.

Take a look at these cases. Just search "ego vape case" on amazon.

For the amount you want to carry, go for the large, it will fit all of that. However I also have the medium as well, which is almost like it's made to fit the Air.

The medium will hold the air, a spare battery, the short plastic tipped mouthpiece, and a doob tube. Great for when you don't need too much gear.

Great cases, get one of each size, very inexpensive:)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00HWIWF6A/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_xiJyyb6XT4ZGM

DreamHaze

Psychonaughty
As I recall, if you ask Arizer, they answer that 'legitimate seller' thing right away.

You might also consider contacting Randy and PIU and see if he's willing to match that price, he often does that and there's absolutely no question about him......he's aces for sure!

Good luck with it, get a genuine one 'cuz it's a keeper for sure.

OF

Well i messaged info@puffitup and was told they can go as low as 160 w/ an extra battery.
I've ordered from PIU a couple times before and the shipping is always super fast, so i kinda want to get it from there.
I also messaged Arizer's support requesting seller authentication, but so far no response since sometime yesterday. The more money i can save the better, so i hope they respond soon, unless there's another place where i can contact them more directly or get a faster response?

After more thought, instead of getting a carrying case for the extra batteries i figure just get a 2x 18650 power bank somewhere with an lcd screen which can be used as a charger, charging dock, and carrying case haha

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
Success !
Randy at www.puffitup.com hooked me up!
Turns out my AIR had a damaged circuit board.
Within a week, my new unit is being shipped back to me with no cost to me.
I highly recommend anyone purchasing an AIR to get one from www.puffitup,com.
Friendly immediate service, honoring a 2yr warranty after 1 yr and 11 months.
Check his site today !
It's gonna be great to vape again !

DreamHaze

Psychonaughty
So i pulled the trigger and bought an "ultimate package" Arizer Air from an eBay user that goes by "agracan_com" after i received an email from Arizer that they were an authentic retailer! It comes with an extra black tip stem, an extra battery, and a free grinder.

Along with that, i also bought:
2 Arizer Air batteries w/ a plastic case
A 2x 18650 battery power bank/charging dock and LCD screen
10 domed screens

I was also gonna buy a set of 4 Arizer Air black tip mouthpieces, but that can always wait.

All together this cost $200

Right now I'm running some Purple Punch, Gelato #41, Berner's Cookies, Sunset Sherbert x Gelato, Animal Cookies, Gorilla Glue, Sour Skittles, Wookies, SFV x TK, and some GSC through my SOLO before i ship it out.
This girls a tank! And it's sad seeing her go, but her sister's coming to stay with me now haha. She helped to pay for half of this new set up!

Top Bottom