Jimiblues

And FWIW it's not ceramic, it's SS and plastic.

OF

I'm sorry to beat a dead horse but I'm a bit confused. On the first page of this thread the first description reads ceramic heating element. I understand that the oven is ss...but the heating element is ceramic? Please clarify I'm a bit confused.

Last edited:

OF

I'm sorry to beat a dead hoarse but I'm a bit confused. On the first page of this thread the first description reads ceramic heating element. I understand that the oven is ss...but the heating element is ceramic? Please clarify I'm a bit confused.

The heater (which is coated in ceramic as I recall) heats the metal cup (being attached physically). No ceramic is in contact with the herb or the airpath in an intentional way. The fact it's in a ceramic coated package is unimportant, really.

Solo cups (from which Air sprang) were ceramic coated at one time, so there would be no metal exposed to the vapor, but that didn't work out well (they chipped) and it turns out the metal didn't matter. Here are the parts of the oven:
6V0F57D.jpg

Don't be tempted to disassemble yours, there's noting to gain and it's possible to break it doing so. And, of course, it voids the warranty.

The heater is under the white plastic an metal part, a long way from the load. And the airpath. Ceramic is just a convenient (and typical) material, the 'burners' on your electric stove and in your oven are also ceramic insulated under the metal jacket. Sort of like Air?

OF

Xelatsok

vapes tobacco modding the vapes
The heater (which is coated in ceramic as I recall) heats the metal cup (being attached physically). No ceramic is in contact with the herb or the airpath in an intentional way. The fact it's in a ceramic coated package is unimportant, really.

Solo cups (from which Air sprang) were ceramic coated at one time, so there would be no metal exposed to the vapor, but that didn't work out well (they chipped) and it turns out the metal didn't matter. Here are the parts of the oven:
6V0F57D.jpg

Don't be tempted to disassemble yours, there's noting to gain and it's possible to break it doing so. And, of course, it voids the warranty.

The heater is under the white plastic an metal part, a long way from the load. And the airpath. Ceramic is just a convenient (and typical) material, the 'burners' on your electric stove and in your oven are also ceramic insulated under the metal jacket. Sort of like Air?

OF
Do I void warranty if I unscrew just a biggest part on your photo? I like to clean outer metal shell, 2nd biggest piece on the photo.

OF

Do I void warranty if I unscrew just a biggest part on your photo? I like to clean outer metal shell, 2nd biggest piece on the photo.

I don't believe so. In a case I'm personally familiar with from many years back the call rested on needing tools to gain access. Even though our equipment had adjustments useful to the owner inside, the court held that when he took tools to it he owned it basically. If they don't want you unscrewing the cover to blow it out they could have attached it better or told you not to specifically. A 'reasonable man' would assume it safe to unscrew the cover?

I took mine off, but it's been pointed out I'm not a reasonable man sometimes. OK, often.

OF

Alex03

Hello fellow Vapeenthusiasts,

has any one of you ever changed the three seals or o-rings on the air?
And if so whats the best way to take it apart.

Some of my o-rings are beat up pretty bad from some of my pvhes stems.

Thank you guys :rockon:

OF

has any one of you ever changed the three seals or o-rings on the air?
And if so whats the best way to take it apart.

Some of my o-rings are beat up pretty bad from some of my pvhes stems.

No, as far as we know nobody has, nor is anyone about to. It's not designed as a user serviceable part. And that's part (singular) the 3 ribs (no o-rings here) are molded into the cap.

Please look at the photo four posts above yours. The cap is the black part on the right, about '2 o'clock' from the white body and cup. A custom made part I seriously doubt Arizer will sell you. To get to it you have to remove 3 very tiny self tapping screws that hold the heat shield over the lot, also not recommended.

Anyway, it starts with getting a replacement from Arizer....... If they oblige you can be the first. Please let us know if you have any success? TIA

OF

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I have to say I don't mind just using the gong as a stem. I like the stealth of the gong and it's so easy to just drop it on top of my bubbler at any time. Too bad I can't (easily) get a pipe cleaner down in there. hmmm... coil?

Usually my throat gets dry from a stem, but if I draw lightly in small sips it makes for an enjoyable session, even from a short gong. I also like the smaller bowl on the gong. With a screen shoved in there, I get a micro-pack that lasts for 8-10 hits.

Another surprise is how much I am enjoying the lower temp hits. I thought for sure that I'd only be using full red. This is because low temp hits can give me a racy, sativa-like high, even with my indicas. I gave it a try on green and found that even at the slightly lower temp the herb was getting a toasty flavor too soon. I am now at the white level and the high is quite enjoyable. I am really very happy with my purchase of this little bastard. We will become close friends. Until some foul temptress catches my eye :rolleyes:

essie1

Received my "Air" today.

Out off the box, into the USB.

This vape is definitely much smaller than I thought. The Air looks similar to an H.Q. microphone and the titanium color looks great to me. Just did two 10 minutes sessions on the lowest temp setting and used the small stem with black mouthpiece with a fine screen added. The Air's draw resistance is very acceptable and workable. I did some nice slow rips with it. It creates nice smooth vapor, good taste and always clouds. I feel I get more out of less, with the Air and I do love the portability. Still love my V-Tower also. Glad to have both. Great content here on FC.

The Xtar USB charger "Rocks" also!

This guy's eyes ---> :o are moving on the beat of the dub reggae I hear now :mental:

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Received my "Air" today.

The Air's draw resistance is very acceptable and workable. I did some nice slow rips with it. It creates nice smooth vapor, good taste and always clouds. I feel I get more out of less, with the Air and I do love the portability.

Congrats. I just picked one up a week or two ago myself.

Our newer units seem to have corrected the higher draw resistance issue. I would say that my unit puffs quite easily actually.

There is also a thread now on the safety of the 18650 batteries used in the Davinci vapes. I guess they can get hot enough to vent (explode). I was concerned because the Air uses the 18650 battery also. I just had two back to back sessions at medium heat to the point that the heater was pretty warm to hold. I unscrewed the unit to check. Happy to say that the battery was at room temperature even under significant use.

StiltedLimboDancer

Another surprise is how much I am enjoying the lower temp hits. I thought for sure that I'd only be using full red. This is because low temp hits can give me a racy, sativa-like high, even with my indicas. I gave it a try on green and found that even at the slightly lower temp the herb was getting a toasty flavor too soon. I am now at the white level and the high is quite enjoyable.

That's what I really found out as well. The last two sessions I've been vaping on blue. That's the temp where you just don't get the popcorn taste, even after the terps are gone. Then it goes more into a herbal flavor direction.

If even the stoney strains are bit racy on low temp, I suggest this: After the good 5 to 6 hits in the beginning I set it on yellow and let it sit for 2 minutes and take one bigger hit on that temp to get the more sedative cannabinoids out.

GetLeft

There is also a thread now on the safety of the 18650 batteries used in the Davinci vapes. I guess they can get hot enough to vent (explode). I was concerned because the Air uses the 18650 battery also.

I don't recall a single concern about the Air batteries overheating. The oem ones, anyway. Some folks venture beyond the recommendations of the warranty, but can't say I recall any concerns with non-oem users either. It seems to be a solidly engineered piece.

olivianewtonjohn

Just learned you can use the arizer e-cig style stem without the plastic tip budded up to enano gong in a water pipe. I broke the 14-18mm adapter but I think I might like this setup better anyways

Sorry if the post is hard to follow, i just tried some sale flower I got called "orange gum". Very good price and the quality is excellent.

Last edited:

OF

Hello Air people, I am going to get 1 of these, It comes with a US charger lead though, and am wondering is this all i need [see below link] to convert from US to UK or is It a smaller pin version i need for this, anyone please, would be much appreciated.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Maplin-UK...889808?hash=item3d2e208b50:g:ox8AAOSw44BYVZS~

That should do fine if it plugs into the local mains. The differences in voltage and frequency are not an issue.

Enjoy your Air when you get it.

Merry Christmas to all.

OF

PDwasmy1st

That should do fine if it plugs into the local mains. The differences in voltage and frequency are not an issue.

Enjoy your Air when you get it.

Merry Christmas to all.

OF
Thanks OF :) hope it comes before xmas :D

PDwasmy1st,
Reactions: OF

Faolan

Mighty, Air1.5/Max/Go, Tinymight, Dynavap, Fury2
Is there any notable differences between the 70mm and the 60mm stem when in use? I ordered a 70mm but they sent a 60 and I don't want to try it and not like it as much as I would the 70. Probably a dumb question seeing as there isn't much size difference but I'm asking anyway :p

Faolan,
Reactions: GetLeft

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
Well guys !
I finally got my Arizer Air back in my possession, you know the one, with the grounding pin not springing out, so it won't make a connection ?
Well I contacted Randy at puffitup.com because it's still under warranty.
He immediately provided me with a prepaid shipping label to return it with.
Randy is GOOD PEOPLE and his site kicks ass. www.puffitup.com ..
I'll let y'all know what the verdict is soon !
Also for nostalgia sake, here's my post from Jan 16, 2015.
My Air has been out of service for about 5 months now. Looking forward to vaping again!
Stay tuned !

Hey everyone !!!!
Well, I did it, I ordered my Arizer Air today.
Randy was so cool and worked a deal with me that I couldn't refuse !
Awesome. To know he's great with returns and repairs makes me even happier I went with PuffItUp.com !
I'll let y'all know when it gets here.
Happy vaping !! :leaf::peace::luv::leaf:
(Jan 15,2015)

GetLeft

Is there any notable differences between the 70mm and the 60mm stem

I picked up the 60mm a little while ago thinking that that was the size of the short stem I received with my air. When I got it I realized that my original was a 70mm. The bowl is a bit smaller. I ended up over packing my first time with it and that did't go over well. Haven't had a chance to go back and give it a second go.

OF

Might sell my Solo to buy an Arizer Air set up. Thinking of getting the Air, 3 extra batteries, a multi battery charger, extra stems, and some domed screens all for $235
How many full 12 minute sessions do you guys get per full battery charge?

None. Air sessions are only 10 minutes long and you usually get four of them. And the 'meter' only has a couple of steps, with half the useful range (last two sessions) in a single range. Imagine if your car's gas gauge had tape covering the bottom half, all you know is you have half a tank or less left......but no really useful way to decide if you have enough in the tank to run down for a six pack? That is you can't accurately judge 'is there enough for another session before recharge' for the more important half of the range. Solo has 'a session per step' and a session or so in reserve at the end. Once Air drops past the white reading you're on your own. Two, one, maybe not a full session left? IMO you have to have a charged 18650 in hand if you're not very good at counting to four under all conditions and wish to avoid disappointment.

You don't need a battery meter of course, many vapes don't have them. But I find this function on Solo very useful and the similar one on Air 'sub standard'.

Anyway, Air sessions are 10 minutes (or you'd get 3 not 4 per charge.......). And you can usually count of four if the cell is charged fully when you start. Remember, good battery management says you should not store the spares fully charged, right? That kills them young. They come about 70% charged (or sure should) and you should use them that way in standby. Standby Air batteries are only good for 3 sessions for that reason if you're taking care of your gear properly?

Your call, as always.

Merry Christmas to all.

OF

Top Bottom