OF

I guess I'll just keep stirring and be patient then.

just gonna make coffee/and eat cookies and get shellacked tomorrow

Good luck. Be sure to put your car keys in a safe place......

And remember to use whole milk. Even add a shot or two of heavy cream. It's the milk fat that does the work, try it with non fat or skim milk and you're SOL even if it 'washes off' the stem and into the drink it won't make it into you. The fat absorbs the goodness then you absorb the fat (with THC attached).

This is not a good time to work on your diet, go for the rich stuff just don't tell the Doctor.

Good luck with it, if we don't hear from you for a while, we'll know why.

OF

AJS

Calm Consistency
Can cooking stems in milk SERIOUSLY be that potent?
I never get my stems super dirty, never a full yellow color through, just spotted yellows throughout, I tend to clean as soon as any signs of dirtiness show up.

I feel like I'd have to vape for months through a stem in order to be able to make some sort of "edible" out of it.

AJS,
Reactions: OF

OF

Can cooking stems in milk SERIOUSLY be that potent?

I feel like I'd have to vape for months through a stem in order to be able to make some sort of "edible" out of it.

Yes, absolutely. Condensate can be extremely potent (especially for folks that don't normally do concentrates or eatables). .1 gram can seriously screw up guys used to even larger weights of bud that might be 15% or so to start and is only partially delivered (like some good stuff gets left in the stem as concentrate....). Using enough fat to make coco means 100% gets taken in. And it might be 80 or 90% THC. A 'single dose' cookie is maybe .035 grams?

And, since one 'comes on' to it half an hour or more later, and quite suddenly usually, it can hit you quite hard. Take it slow and easy, dangerous curves......

OF

lookhigh

FC member
I would have been better in some ways to order a Solo as I tend to use a battery or two each evening & the Solo has more settings. That said with 3 batteries I am not wanting & when I do travel I like the Air's size.

This is the reason you need to buy a Solo..... NOW.
LOL Cheap new at the mo or have a look in the classifieds.

lookhigh,

AJS

Calm Consistency
@OF
Is there a way to get a picture of a stem dirty enough to qualify as a simple dose of stem milk? I'm not good with concentrate measurements...a visual idea of what my Air stem needs to look like before this effect is possible will be easier for me to grasp.
I realize that's a large range and tolerance is a factor, but I seriously have no clue what is considered an appropriate amount of buildup in one of these stems.

AJS,

AJS

Calm Consistency
Has anyone seen any issues with slapping those rubber (maybe black silicone?) covers over their stems directly after use? I've seen no fraying or melting or distortion of any kind, so I imagine it is okay.
I also put my Air in it's carrying case directly after use too...no issues.

I'm using the caps that came with the purchase mid 2015. (iirc, they used to not come with caps)

AJS,

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
Always use whole milk (ugh, I can't mess with 2% or skim) but never really used cream. Is half and half good? That's all they had at the store, so I guess it'll be good enough.

beiberhole69,

TomC1315

Has anyone seen any issues with slapping those rubber (maybe black silicone?) covers over their stems directly after use? I've seen no fraying or melting or distortion of any kind, so I imagine it is okay.
I also put my Air in it's carrying case directly after use too...no issues.

I'm using the caps that came with the purchase mid 2015. (iirc, they used to not come with caps)

The OEM Arizer stem caps are made from medical grade material and are designed to be used with a hot stem :-)
G8OuZ1ul.jpg

ExTrucker

New member here. I'm not quite an ex trucker yet but I'm getting prepared. Did a lot of online research and ended up ordering an AA. Been sitting in a drawer for a week now waiting patiently as I'm still subjected to a random whiz quiz once in awhile. I read this entire thread after I made my purchase. I have access to legal weed and it's sitting in that same drawer. Funny how the DOT will let guys drink themselves silly but by God, don't test positive for the evil weed.:D
Any way, I'm going to fire this rocket off tomorrow and to say I'm excited might be a bit of an understatement. I was a daily user some 25+ years ago before the DOT took control of my life but I'm a lightweight now, I'm sure. Wish me luck!

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
congrats man!

have fun learning your fave vape style!

It's really easy to over do it early on because the novelty of it is so compelling.

Def check out Bravest's recommendation of grinding super fine and using a dome screen (you can make any screen work like the domed screen)

enjoy!

beiberhole69,

OF

Many of you guys use screens? I've never needed to. Do you do it to increase surface area or to prevent pieces of bud from flying in your mouth?

Yes, those are two of the reasons I do it....... Also to reduce the load size and keep a greater percentage of it against the glass or facing the cup.

You don't "need" one (or Arizer would include them......), but IMO they are an improvement. Only one way for you to determine if they will be for you. For a few dollars you can answer that question.

OF

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
NOOOOOOO! Don't do it! Think about your precious, precious lungs!!!

After being a pack a day man for 25 odd years I will do my utmost to never go back. Four months without a cigarette & one of the main reasons I quit was I was smoking $150 worth of cigarettes a week & a 1/2 oz of nice buds a week. The weed cost me the same as the smokes!

This is the reason you need to buy a Solo..... NOW.
LOL Cheap new at the mo or have a look in the classifieds.

I am in the process of getting a UD so I can't justify it. The reason I got the Air is the quick replacement batteries & it was $270 compared to $250 for a Solo to buy. I should have purchased a Solo when I got my EQ in 2013 as I would have made a full time vaping switch earlier I think.

Fuck it I do want to get one & I do recommend a Solo/Air/FM to anyone asking for a cheap vape.

The OEM Arizer stem caps are made from medical grade material and are designed to be used with a hot stem :-)

I did not know that & I added a 4 pack to my cart without looking at the price. I felt slightly gypped but they are all OEM & the type of thing it is always good to have a few laying around.

Welcome @ExTrucker :D. I know you will love your new toy & is one of the best first time vaping experiences I could think of for a "first timer". If you smoked joints you will love the black tipped shorty stem but the Air is a great little unit. My EQ has been preheating for 2 hours but I keep loading Air stems :peace::rockon:

bluenavey00

Arizer Air Aficionado
Many of you guys use screens? I've never needed to. Do you do it to increase surface area or to prevent pieces of bud from flying in your mouth?

I use a flat screen 100% of the time, doesn't reduce the stem size that way, downside being that when you dump the ABV the screen falls out, not a problem for me as I dump into a shallow pot.

I found that material would always come into the stem and sometimes my mouth when I didn't use a screen. I didn't even think my grinder was that much of a fine grind compared to some.

OF

I use a flat screen 100% of the time, doesn't reduce the stem size that way, downside being that when you dump the ABV the screen falls out, not a problem for me as I dump into a shallow pot.

You might try the next size up screen, 5/8 inch in fine mesh. I used to slightly dome them, install them dome up then press the center flat after they were installed. Two benefits, it stays in place and while it takes little space the entire area is open below so it has much more area to foul before you need to clean it. It stays cleaner much longer. When it finally fouls out, I'd hook it with a bent safety pin, hold it in hemostats (no longer useful as roach clips....) and 'flame it clean'. Heat it with a small torch until it glows then brush the ash off when cool. You can clean cheap SS screens that way a dozen or more times.

OF

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven

I found that material would always come into the stem and sometimes my mouth when I didn't use a screen. I didn't even think my grinder was that much of a fine grind compared to some.

Try using an unsharpened pencil (or the eraser end) to dome up the screen and then slide it in domed side down. I never had a problem with it falling out when doing that. No chance you'll ever need to stir the bowl either.

CloudScion

my stems are starting to dirty up a bit, will prob wait until they get more opaque until I make some cocoa

you can even scrape your stem and use the "wax" and vape it again (be carefull, its potent:), i use kitchenfoil and the scrape tool from arizer to collect it).
I use this when iam dry from time to time here in germany, together with some AVB in a sandwich like stem (Avb, residue, Avb and a screen on top to cover the bowl) i can vape alot out of one stem.
I also use a flat screen with tiny "domed" so it fits "in" the stem and it dont sit on top of the stem, i only use one screen and its perfect for me:).
Cleaning my stems and the bowl completely after 1-2 month is necessary for me (i simmer it in milk and after this i clean the tiny rest with iso-alcohol).

Last edited:

Rave88

okay guys, I have an air! woohoo! I cant tell you how happy I am for having this kick assing babe.

I have a mighty, which I still love and cherish, and if I want to get hammered, I'll prefer to take out the big guns and fire up my mighty. But the Air? wow....so stealthy, smooth, and potent. I don't know why, but the clouds from the air are thicker and stronger than from the mighty, which is cool/

Its like having a big ass tank vape, and a slim sharp shooting sniper vape for measured, precise and stealth vaping :)

So I am still trying to figure things out, and I have a few questions. Sorry if they've been asked hundreds of times before, I tried googling and reading the forums, but so far I'm on page 15 out of 332 :myday:so its going to take me a while to catch up with all of you experts :science:

My stems are getting a bit gunky, so after reading your posts, I plan on simmering them in a pot of soy milk for 15 minutes, then rinse off the milky goo with some clean water. Should I instead wash it in alcohol after the milk bath?

Also, I am trying to find any info about the batteries. I want to buy a charger, and I want to know the exact specs for the batteries so I'll know what to tell the shop. I have absolutely no experience or idea regarding volts, chargers or lith batteries, so I'm at your mercy :love:

Top Bottom