beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
dude... that sucks. I assume that member high tailed it, eh? Can't get the purchase info from him/her?

I got mine barely a month ago. Seems like its a newer model as it has the pink (instead of white) and orange (instead of yellow) lights, like the guy described a few posts up.

Crazy that they'd honor a warranty on a purchase of a bootleg from eBay but not their actual product

MeditativeMind

*Insert 'custom title' here*
A few more things I noticed between my old Air (bought early 2015) and my new one (bought today)

- the mixing tool no longer has a pin tip. It now has a scoop tip similar to some dab tools.
- there is a sleeve around the brown box with Arizer branding and basic product info
- the charging adapter is made/supplied by a different company
- the steel in the chamber is cut deeper near the 4 holes. I believe they did this to increase airflow. Basically the bottom of the stem no longer forms a complete circle on top of the steel plate.. there is a 1mm gap at each 4 holes.

As previously mentioned:
- yellow LED is now orange
- white LED is now pink
- bottom battery cap has logos for RoHS, weather, and disposal

Pretty much everything except the pink light is a positive change. Sorry if these things have been mentioned but I haven't been following the thread for the past few months.

Last edited:

Skyscraper

I don't think they have the receipt anymore. I got the vape in a trade so I'm not really at a loss except a decent portable.

I think Arizer stands behind their product. It's just part of their return policy to verify purchase for an RMA I think. Plus paying shipping to Canada.

Skyscraper,

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
Meditative Mind said:

[AD SPACE FOR SALE]

Really?!

Tellya what...I'll take 10% commision for every
one of these
23085.jpg
Island Head Condoms that I can sell.

:rockon:

Last edited:
Fat Freddy,

OF

A few more things I noticed between my old Air (bought early 2015) and my new one (bought today)

- the mixing tool no longer has a pin tip. It now has a scoop tip similar to some dab tools.
- there is a sleeve around the brown box with Arizer branding and basic product info
- the charging adapter is made/supplied by a different company
- the steel in the chamber is cut deeper near the 4 holes. I believe they did this to increase airflow. Basically the bottom of the stem no longer forms a complete circle on top of the steel plate.. there is a 1mm gap at each 4 holes.

As previously mentioned:
- yellow LED is now orange
- white LED is now pink
- bottom battery cap has logos for RoHS, weather, and disposal

Pretty much everything except the pink light is a positive change. Sorry if these things have been mentioned but I haven't been following the thread for the past few months.

Actually I don't think any of those changes have been reported? The charger being different is really strange to me, but who knows. Is the battery still the same? Is the top seal on the oven the same?

Any chance it's a counterfeit?

Sorry for so many questions, TIA for any insights.

OF

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
Hey @beiberhole69
I also had an Arizer Air that started blinking the LED rapidly, shutting down early, and mine also was overheating (the last session I ran almost combusted). I found some reports of people having similar issues on reddit in my search. I think I was the first person to post about this on FC though, because everyone pretty much wrote it off? :shrug:

Since my Air died it's left a real hole in my vape arsenal. I would like to get another one but not until I can really assess the reliability of the Arizer portables

just noticed that now... nearly back ABV on the lowest setting (blue)... not good

beiberhole69,
Reactions: Skyscraper

MeditativeMind

Actually I don't think any of those changes have been reported? The charger being different is really strange to me, but who knows. Is the battery still the same? Is the top seal on the oven the same?

Any chance it's a counterfeit?

Sorry for so many questions, TIA for any insights.

OF

The place I got it from is a confirmed authorized dealer. They're also the biggest headshop in a city of 4 million so I'm certain it's authentic.

Batteries are basically the same. The old one is BAK A06 wrapped in red and the new one is BAK A02 wrapped in purple. It also says 'Manufactured for UQC, Inc.' on it which is the manufacturer of the Arizer Air.

The chargers look exactly the same except for the printing on them. The old one is from ULL Power (http://szylingyuan.com/) and the new one is from JYX Power (http://jyxpower.com/). The old site doesn't work so I'm guessing either the company shut down or they changed their name to JYXPower. Who knows.. who cares anyway

I also noticed when you remove the battery cap there are 6 alphanumeric digits right next to the pin. No clue what it means but it's there.

TomC1315

I too really like these guys for load size reduction, but I put them in the other way around an push them to the bottom:
eslZCjG.jpg

You don't have a problem with them shifting around?

OF

Initially, with a clean stem, the screen may or may not stay in place ... but after a few sessions, the little bit of build-up will keep the screen in place.
AoZAAAxl.jpg

And then after a couple of days and beyond (above), the screen's not going anywhere unless I pry it out. If the stem is cooled down to room temp, sometimes I worry that I might break the glass trying to get it out.

Below, that's my right hand man when it comes to my portable vape: the nail ... even in my newest stem which has hardly any build-up yet, I'm able to work the point in-and-around the screen firmly, but the screen stays put.
lSPHalkl.jpg

U95nhXJl.jpg

I don't want this part of my life any more complicated/time consuming than it already is ... and the domed screen with the nail handy helps a lot in that regard.

For the first 5 months with my Air, I've been cleaning the stems in ISO, but only soaking them up to just below the bowl ... after a while, the bowl gets to where the sides are somewhat covered and the screen stays right where I like it.
In the next day or so, my wife and I might try the 'glass pieces > boiling in milk > hot choc' method of reclaiming ... something we haven't done yet ... in which case, as I mentioned, the newly cleaned stems will begin to hold the screen in place after just a hand full of sessions.

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Serves double duty as snug-as-a-bug hand warmers on a nippy daze, to. :ko:

Feeling New Englandy.

Ahhh, the cool cool sweet Spring, of Air.

OF

Below, that's my right hand man when it comes to my portable vape: the nail ... even in my newest stem which has hardly any build-up yet, I'm able to work the point in-and-around the screen firmly, but the screen stays put.
lSPHalkl.jpg

Small world, this. As an 'old school' pipe smoker one of my favorite tools was a horseshoe nail (usually with the point rounded off a bit.....they're sharp):
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000H5VWFK?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

I guess those nails are not as common any more, along with the shoes they held on the critters. And the critters themselves I guess. Stained glass makers still use the nails to lay out the 'lead cane' that surrounds the pieces as they make them.

As a pipe tool they're popular enough to have copies made from plated pot metal:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NB3QGEC?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

OF

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
Dang it... thought I got a replacement unit on eBay but it's a knock off. Not even going to turn it on.

Hopefully the return/refund process isn't too difficult.

I've had sellers I've confronted with bootlegs say just keep it and don't give me neg feedback and they refund me... but that was with $10 New Era hats, not $100+ electronics... we'll see though!!!! :)

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
The heating unit is covered by a lifetime warranty... I'd contact the manufacturer.

Right now mine appears to be working okay. I went through the reset procedure a couple times. Maybe you should try that too

1. plug in
2. hold both buttons for 4 seconds
3. leave plugged in for 10 seconds
4. unplug

It's worth a shot
I don't think the heater in the AA isn't covered by a lifetime warranty.

Edit
You are right!! Lifetime warranty on the heating element. Good info to know. I checked on Arizer's website.

Last edited:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Dang it... thought I got a replacement unit on eBay but it's a knock off. Not even going to turn it on.

I've had sellers I've confronted with bootlegs say just keep it and don't give me neg feedback and they refund me... but that was with $10 New Era hats, not $100+ electronics... we'll see though!!!! :)

I would be leaving negative feedback & reporting them to Ebay regardless of a refund. I have no issue with people making clones provided it is clearly advised. Where I take significant issue is with misrepresentation of a product & anyone who does not expose it is actively contributing to the issue (not having a go at you beiberhole69).

I was a Transformers collector & there are certain toys that were never reissued or remade by Hasbro or Takara Tomy. Some toys are churned out regularly as genuine reissues but there are others whose mold was destroyed in the 80's & has never been remade. Those characters are worth considerably more for an original but there are Chinese clones available everywhere. I have not & will not be duped but there are as many counterfeits as genuine ones. Unlike most collectors I don't have a problem with KO's provided it is known.

Sorry for the off topic but I deal with this type of bullshit every single day in the corporate world & on the flipside I vaped a 1/2 Air stem to begin my evening & it is such a pleasant way to begin the evenings festivities.

Last edited:

lookhigh

FC member

NAME AND SHAME the seller. You should get a refund.

EBay Policy

Counterfeit items
If a buyer suspects that an item is counterfeit, and there are strong indicators that the item is counterfeit, we don't require the buyer to return the item to the seller. The buyer agrees to cooperate with us to ensure the proper disposal of the item. In such instances, we refund the buyer for the full cost of the item and original shipping, and the seller reimburses us for the refund. The buyer may not sell the item on eBay or elsewhere.

MeditativeMind

Anyone know Arizer's address? I remember seeing it before but can't seem to find it anymore. If it's not too far I could just go there directly for my warranty.

MeditativeMind,

AJS

Calm Consistency
Can't really say anything negative about the Air except for the inconsistencies in airflow I sometimes must deal with (depending on circumstances, sometimes I have almost no airflow at all, even with backing out the stem a few mm). I'm aware of pvhes, but they are currently out of my pricerange and I wouldn't want to inhibit vapor density.

I've had my Air since May of 2015, and it's running as if I bought it yesterday. Such a well built, reliable vape.

One of my problems, and I'm not sure if it's an issue with all portables, or just the ones I tried (mflb, flowermate, Air), is I don't feel I can medicate well enough. I love the vapor I get with the Air, I love the flavor, I love how it feels like I'm smoking a fat joint for 10 minutes but enjoying all the smooth vapor...but once I tried some heavy hitting desktop vapes, I feel it just can't keep up. Don't get me wrong, if I were to smoke instead of hit my Air, I would never get as medicated as I can with my Air. Comparing to combustion isn't what I'm after though...it just can't compare to my Nano or LSV. I would need to vape for like 20 minutes straight to get to where I could in a few huge hits from my LSV.

I love everything about the Air except for the fact that I can't medicate as well as I would like to. It's still enough to completely turn me off of combustion though, and that, in the end, is the exact exact exact reason I purchased this portable. I had a mflb and a Nano...but in order to quit combustion on the go, I needed something more fun than the mflb, and fun enough to turn me off from pipes and joints forever (and it did...from day one).

If I didn't have these desktop vapes, I would be absolutely in love with what the Air could do for me. Quick charging, awesome battery life from what I'm used to (4 sessions on the go is amazing compared to having to use 8 batteries for 1 mflb sesh. Yes....I was an OG with horrible batteries).

I just need a portable that can hit me as hard as my Nano or my LSV...Maybe I just require a Mighty or a GH or Zion...

Whenever I feel like a real nice, laid back chill sesh, I whip out the Air every time. It's easier to use than any desktop vape requiring stirring or handling of multiple tools. When making breakfast with the house to myself, it's amazing to be able to just pop on a stem and walk around the kitchen with the Air. For what it is, and for what I got it for, it performs absolutely flawlessly.
My concerns for this vape are a unique desire to achieve greater potential, so it's more of a problem with me than with the vape itself.

Either way, long live Arizer. Other vapes may beat it in power, but Arizer will always come through with reliable builds. I never have any fears when using this vape, other than draining the battery too far (I will never turn the vape on if RED, even if able to pull out another sesh), but I'll sesh back to back to back to back if I want, and never worry about the unit receiving some sort of damage. That feeling of comfort is enough to keep the Air!

lookhigh

FC member
Can't really say anything negative about the Air except for the inconsistencies in airflow I sometimes must deal with (depending on circumstances, sometimes I have almost no airflow at all, even with backing out the stem a few mm).

Either way, long live Arizer. Other vapes may beat it in power, but Arizer will always come through with reliable builds. !

Airflow depends a lot on grind and packing.

Every vape has its pros and cons, lack of power is not one on the air. To compare the Air to a desktop is just not like for like. Portables are getting more innovative all the time. Still i prefer a more reliable unit to a new fangled one that breaks down (you know which ones i mean)

Did you try the Solo? Similar but a bit more powerful.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Airflow depends a lot on grind and packing.

Every vape has its pros and cons, lack of power is not one on the air. To compare the Air to a desktop is just not like for like. Portables are getting more innovative all the time. Still i prefer a more reliable unit to a new fangled one that breaks down (you know which ones i mean)

Did you try the Solo? Similar but a bit more powerful.
I've considered almost every variable when it comes to airflow, but thank you for the tips.

And yes, I agree. I'm not in anyway trying to bash the vape, I feel like I'm actually bashing myself on how I see the vape, haha. I feel like I'm a session guy when it comes to the portable world, but the law makes that difficult sometimes.
I would love to try the Solo, just too large for me to justify buying one. Would literally never get used.

bluenavey00

Arizer Air Aficionado
When making breakfast with the house to myself, it's amazing to be able to just pop on a stem and walk around the kitchen with the Air

Dude I love this sentence! Have done this many times and just can't get over how convenient it is. A totally convenient method of getting high when and exactly where I want. :D

AJS

Calm Consistency
Dude I love this sentence! Have done this many times and just can't get over how convenient it is. A totally convenient method of getting high when and exactly where I want. :D
It seriously isn't even fair, hahaha. Flip egg *rip*, open fridge *rip*, grab cheese *rip*, grab peanut butter...wait, why do I need peanut butter with my eggs. Oops, the Air is working.
*rip*
*rip*
burnt eggs, don't care
*rip*
Ripped.

MeditativeMind

Agree. The Arizer's build quality is outstanding. I could have gone for one of those Chinese vaporizers but I'm from Canada so I trust Arizer and want to support them. I know I won't have to deal with things like burning plastics or impure air/vapor paths unlike some other vaporizers on the market. Plus their warranty service is top notch.

On the quality of vapor you're right. There isn't a single portable I've tried that can compare to a quality desktop such as the e-nano, Volcano, Cloud Evo, Extreme Q. But for a small portable device, it comes REALLY close to the Extreme Q and e-nano.

Wouldn't it be great to have a wheel on the Air/Solo to adjust the airflow?

Maybe the next one will have some kind of airflow adjustment. That would be cool.

Things I'd want in the new Arizer portable would be digital temp control, airflow control, stealthier stem, and a microUSB port for charging!

AJS

Calm Consistency
On the quality of vapor you're right. There isn't a single portable I've tried that can compare to a quality desktop such as the e-nano, Volcano, Cloud Evo, Extreme Q. But for a small portable device, it comes REALLY close to the Extreme Q and e-nano.
I personally place the Nano in a far superior league compared to the Air, but I have my Nano dialed in perfectly and it really matched my style of vaping, so I suppose that's why. But it seriously puts me on another level that I cannot get the Air to reach. Could be just me though.

Digital Temp on the Air...wow, now that would be a purchase I could follow through with.
Sorta just sounds like a better Sidekick
Or the Sidekick sounds like the Flowermate

Now I'm confused...

The Air always wins though! and if the heater could be strong enough with enough convection to allow more airflow without overworking the heater, that would be a prime vaping experience indeed. Toooo good.

Digital temp though...I want that.

AJS,

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
NAME AND SHAME the seller. You should get a refund.

EBay Policy

Counterfeit items
If a buyer suspects that an item is counterfeit, and there are strong indicators that the item is counterfeit, we don't require the buyer to return the item to the seller. The buyer agrees to cooperate with us to ensure the proper disposal of the item. In such instances, we refund the buyer for the full cost of the item and original shipping, and the seller reimburses us for the refund. The buyer may not sell the item on eBay or elsewhere.

I'll post seller name and a link once I am fully refunded. I looks like it's an individual, but they were flipping a bunch of these. I expect the neg feedback to begin rolling in once the rest of the people get their fake units.

Just printed out a shipping label that the seller/eBay sent me... so the return/refund process is underway.

Thankfully my current Air seems to be working okay for the most part. I'm not sure if the temp is right... but I'm able to get sessions out of it *shrug*

Top Bottom