SpaceCase

Wondering if anyone has a solution. I find it very hard to pull air through the aa unit... even unpacked and without the bowl... I thought I may have been over packing. But I just can't seem to pull a quick deep hoot... Is that just the way they are... If I pull a slow steady hoot it works great... I just feel I'd like a little more air coming through the unit as I pull... To stop the restriction of my hoot... Any ideas?

bluenavey00

Arizer Air Aficionado
Wondering if anyone has a solution. I find it very hard to pull air through the aa unit... even unpacked and without the bowl... I thought I may have been over packing. But I just can't seem to pull a quick deep hoot... Is that just the way they are... If I pull a slow steady hoot it works great... I just feel I'd like a little more air coming through the unit as I pull... To stop the restriction of my hoot... Any ideas?

If the draw feels like it's to tight then I slightly pull the stem out of the unit, literally just a fraction, probably a MM or less.

Give that a go, or buy one of the high air flow stems that are available.

SpaceCase

Thank you... I'll try that...
If the draw feels like it's to tight then I slightly pull the stem out of the unit, literally just a fraction, probably a MM or less.

Give that a go, or buy one of the high air flow stems that are available.

SpaceCase,

GetLeft

I find it very hard to pull air through the aa unit... even unpacked and without the bowl...

Shout out to @bluenavey00 !

I'm not sure what you mean by pulling air through the unit without the bowl.

But if the issue is a slow pull with an empty bowl, that's about how it works (unless you have a stem with defective holes which would make things difficult and would require some return business I'm guessing -- where did you pick up your AA?). If you've read through here you know that the draw is slow by design. I pack small amounts loosely on top of a domed screen, let the unit heat up and actually enjoy the slow draw as I get lost in the moment.

OF

To stop the restriction of my hoot... Any ideas?

Sorry to say, your goal is off. With very few exceptions vapes won't let you 'hoot away' to your heart's content. Vaping is not like blazing in that respect.

Combustion adapts to a huge hit by burning hotter. More heat is generated and delivered to the load to support increased output.

Vapes typically don't have that resource. They can deliver heat on only so fast, setting a maximum rate. Pulling more than that simply gives you more cold air to heat, robbing heat that would otherwise make vapor. The total flow rate (volume) goes up by dilution but the concentration (vapor vs. air) goes down. In practice less THC is delivered.

HA will do OK using a very large heat exchanger with lots of surface, but it corded. The ThermoVape T1 and Cera will do it as portables with their unique over driven thermal core but are no longer made. Grass Hopper offers to do it with some other restrictions, but it's not really available yet (a year or two behind schedule, but still slogging it out). ESV will do it within limits, and is an otherwise fun vape, but not really a bong replacement.

I think more research is in order. I don't think the goal is at all realistic for vapes in general and this otherwise excellent one specifically.

Good luck.

If you've read through here you know that the draw is slow by design. I pack small amounts loosely on top of a domed screen, let the unit heat up and actually enjoy the slow draw as I get lost in the moment.

Exactly so. Good point. Slow by design.

While many object to this and want to use PVHES and other 'work arounds' we all came up against the facts of the matter, most backed off, many of us going back to the stock stems.

The OP, I fear, is way past the 'milkshake like draw' guys, simply changing to PVHES is not going to satisfy?

OF

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Best you'll get is a Turbo stem from PlanetVape or similar from other places. It's a stem with no glass screen, just a ledge for a metal screen to sit in. Or perhaps a high Efficiency Turbo, with the open bore and notches on the rim of the stem. Once you sit the screen the restriction on the stem is the screen and how tight you pack it. The overall restriction is in the heater of the Air and is by design a slow draw vaporizer. It needs to restrict the draw so that the heater doesn't get overwhelmed. Even with the turbo stem and a very strong pull you can drop heat levels from overwhelming it. It has its own tempo that you can't rush if you want the best out of it. If you want quick hard pulls you might want to look at the Zion.

SpaceCase

Thanks for all the info above guys... Like I said my last vaporizer was really an electric pipe lol... (yocan). Dunno why they are allowed to label those vapes... I do like the slow draw for home... But when I'm on the go I like to get the quick big clouds and disappear lol... This will take some getting used to... But i plan on staying the course... I smoke alot of herb.. I also have asthma the whole reason I'm trying to go healthy... Thanks again for the info I'm glad to know my unit isn't defective... and I will purchase the valves you guys recommend...

OF

... I do like the slow draw for home... But when I'm on the go I like to get the quick big clouds and disappear lol... This will take some getting used to...

In that case I suggest you consider Imap+, currently available from our bud Randy for $55:
http://www.puffitup.com/Imag-Plus-Ceramic-p/imagplus.htm

It's smaller by a bit, heats very much faster (under half a minute IIRC) and can give LOTS of vapor at the expense of some taste. Way more than Air, and no glass.

Think quick, no telling how long until the sweet price goes up.

Besides a guy really needs a backup vape.......

Regards,

OF

bluenavey00

Arizer Air Aficionado
Thanks for all the info above guys... Like I said my last vaporizer was really an electric pipe lol... (yocan). Dunno why they are allowed to label those vapes... I do like the slow draw for home... But when I'm on the go I like to get the quick big clouds and disappear lol... This will take some getting used to... But i plan on staying the course... I smoke alot of herb.. I also have asthma the whole reason I'm trying to go healthy... Thanks again for the info I'm glad to know my unit isn't defective... and I will purchase the valves you guys recommend...

Interesting you say you have asthma.

I do also, and this was one of my key pushes for getting a vape.

I also started running long distance a year and a half ago. Between that and vaping my asthma is much much improved.

Rather than taking my preventative morning and night I just take the other one when and as I need. Probably a handful of times a month.

Stick it out with the air and don't combust, and you will soon notice some differences, especially if you mix some exercise in there (that you may or may not already do).

Enjoy the air, once you know how to master the thing it truly is a powerful machine.

elastic.plastic

Looking for interesting people and vapes
Hi there, im new to the AA, have some portable vapes like V2 Series 3/7, MLFB, FlowerMate and the allmighty Desktop EQ =).. Just wanted to share my "mod"

Contains:
2 Screens Mod - 1 flat on the Bottom, 1 rounded cap on top
1 Lil silicon hose - perfect mode for all 14mm tools even my 10mm male works!

i hated that the herb has contact with the heater bottom and that lil crumbles left inside the heater after removing the stem.
Now i can use 14mm female water pipes and 10mm male pipes

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer

In the simplest terms possible (because that's about all I can wrap my fireman head around), the volume of heat just is not there for unlimited ripping, but the point is not BURNING, but extracting - THC. Since the subject has been brought up, you can't help but notice the bit of draw resistance with the AA (BTW, raising the stem up a hair, "unclogs" sometimes). It helps slow the heat down as it pass through the material, giving the good stuff a chance to evaporate. That is the point. A fine grind, or a hard tamp will exaggerate that - not necessarily bad. Experiment with the variables.

HOW TO EFFECT DRAW
1. Grinding
2. Tamping
3. Moisture Level
4. Draw Technique
5. Herb Quality
6. Quantity in Stem (how tightly packed)
7. Stem (stock stuff vs other)
8. Environment
9. Time Between Hits
10. Stirring

And I'm sure there are quite a few more ways to change draw

In my limited experience, if I want unlimited power, I go to a corded vape (the Enano for me), no matter how hard you draw, the VOLUME of heat doesn't dissipate.

fubar

Ancient and opiniated inhaler
. If I pull a slow steady hoot it works great... I just feel I'd like a little more air coming through the unit as I pull...
A portable won't allow full bore lung filling tokes, the way desktops like the extreme q can.
Meanwhile, to make the Air draw feel less restricted, while you inhale, add some external air as a side stream by controlling the lip-seal on the stem. I learned to do this to survive the harshness of smoking badly cured weed as a lad.
If you relax your lip in one spot eg the right corner, where it normally seals against the stem, a tiny hole can let a controlled stream of external air into the vapour stream.
In a quiet spot you'll hear a whistling, whoosing noise and the resistance you feel as you inhale will drop notably.
With a little practice it can be finely controlled - less resistance with more relaxed lip in one place allowing more side stream air to enter. Yes, this dilutes the vapour stream! On higher temps that can also be a great boon.

And if we all practice, we could form an orchestra.

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
great description
A portable won't allow full bore lung filling tokes, but the extreme q (among many other desktops) can!
To make the air draw feel better, while you inhale, add external air as a side stream by controlling the lip-seal on the stem.
If you relax your lip in one spot eg the right corner, where it normally seals against the stem, a tiny hole can let a controlled stream of fresh air into the vapour stream.
In a quiet spot you'll hear a whistling, whoosing noise and the resistance you feel as you inhale will drop notably.
With a little practice it can be finely controlled - less resistance with more relaxed lip in one place allowing more side stream air to enter. Yes, this dilutes the vapour stream! On higher temps that can also be a great boon.

And if we all practice, we could form an orchestra.

Chainfish

vapefiend is selling for £160 and vaposhop €215 with discount code from FC but thats still expensive, yes they are still avaliable but on UK amazon as i am from europe.

@VapeFiend.com is the way to go. drop him a mail. i know he answers facebook very quick. think he does a fc £10 off some orders. he does batts and ed stems(great HE wongs), plus uber stealthy black glass stems. message the hooded fucker

fubar

Ancient and opiniated inhaler
@SpaceCase It has the micro channeled slits along the side of the mouthpiece for added air. It makes it easier to draw from.
These definitely seem to make many people happy but they're designed so side stream air flows past the seals in the channels, down to the intake end of the loaded stem, to cool heated air from the oven, lowering the extraction temperature. A fixed amount of side stream air goes down and the user doesn't have to do any fine motor lip control - just adjust the temp up a notch to compensate
Not how I want it. I control draw resistance by adding air to the vapour stream at my lips.
With a stock stem, loose lips give a lowered resistance draw at the cost of diluted vapour all controlled by how air much I let in. And a whooshing noise.
Whistle while you vape...
Fuckcombustion music.

Last edited:

GetLeft

Every time I use my AA I like it more.

Cleaned it earlier today for the first time in a few weeks. Unexpectedly. It didn't seem too dirty but I had a little time and I was cleaning another piece of glass so why not. (Very easy to clean, by the way: q-tip, your preferred cleaner, and a minute for a gentle wipe and a rinse.) It made a difference. I should clean it more often.

Anyway, some of my best AA vaping experiences come while I'm driving. Shouldn't be doing it, I know. But heck I can keep one hand and both eyes on the wheel at all times. Always seem to get fruitful vapor. Nice controlled environment I guess: steady temp, little wind. Went straight to white tonight and got a nice first hit (doesn't happen on blue), among nice other hits. It's a vape to be enjoyed.

VANVAS

What about test drugs for drivers??? Here where i live , you can vape while driving, yes you can , but they can test you ( cop ) for alcohol and drugs.

VANVAS,
Reactions: GetLeft

sickmanfraud

Cleaned it earlier today for the first time in a few weeks. Unexpectedly. It didn't seem too dirty but I had a little time and I was cleaning another piece of glass so why not. (Very easy to clean, by the way: q-tip, your preferred cleaner, and a minute for a gentle wipe and a rinse.) It made a difference. I should clean it more often.

Anyway, some of my best AA vaping experiences come while I'm driving. Shouldn't be doing it, I know. But heck I can keep one hand and both eyes on the wheel at all times. Always seem to get fruitful vapor. Nice controlled environment I guess: steady temp, little wind. Went straight to white tonight and got a nice first hit (doesn't happen on blue), among nice other hits. It's a vape to be enjoyed.

Yeah are lucky to be able to medicate in the car, where I am located you are not allowed to drive for 6 hrs after cannabis consumption, in any form.

IMO this is a foolish rule, if someone vapes they are usually "normal " within about 2 hrs (your mileage may vary) and if someone consumes enough in an edible you could be feeling no pain for a day or even more.

Where you are, what happens if you are in an accident (not your fault) while vaping?

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer

I love the AA driving. Wind does suck the vape right outta your mouth. AC on low, windows up, white = RELAXATION

Top Bottom