lookhigh

FC member
been using the AIR as a one hitter today. Must say while it does work the heat up and cool down make things a bit slow, still a successful experiment:science:

Really liking the stock stems, the tipped one does cool the vapor very well.

TomC1315

been using the AIR as a one hitter today. Must say while it does work the heat up and cool down make things a bit slow, still a successful experiment:science:

Really liking the stock stems, the tipped one does cool the vapor very well.

How are you loading the stem for a single hit ? Is there a screen involved ?

sickmanfraud

I've done just about the opposite. I started by stepping up gradually from blue to red, but then I started keeping it on blue for as long as possible, because I really enjoy the taste of low-temperature vapor.

Lately, though, I pretty much stick with red exclusively, because even high temperatures have left me feeling like I'm chasing a dragon or something; spending a lot of time getting high, but rarely being high (or medicated).

Have you considered a tolerance Break T-break?

Aimless Ryan

Came to read about grinders; fucked combustion
Yeah, I've considered it a lot, but it's just not an option. If I try to go even one day without it, there will inevitably come a point in that day when my legs/feet/toes start moving/jumping around on their own (spasticity from multiple sclerosis). It happens regardless, but it's nowhere near as bad with cannabis. It's miserable, and consuming cannabis is the only way I know how to make it remotely bearable. Cannabis provides significant pain relief, too, of course. And other stuff.

EDIT: I actually only use about 0.4 g a day. I don't consider that a lot, but getting high is beginning to seem like work to me, physically. Or something. Probably a direct result of MS, which has taken so much strength and energy from me.

Last edited:

GetLeft

How are you loading the stem for a single hit ? Is there a screen involved ?

Screen not required. But try. You'll like. If nothing else, keeps the stem cleaner. Personally, I think it also improves hit quality.

While highly efficient, the AA likes being a session vape. Can you flip it on, wait a minute, take a hit then stash it? Sure. Can you flip it on, wait a minute, then take two or three hits (or so) then stash it? Yes. Yes you can.

GetLeft,
Reactions: lookhigh

sickmanfraud

Yeah, I've considered it a lot, but it's just not an option. If I try to go even one day without it, there will inevitably come a point in that day when my legs/feet/toes start moving/jumping around on their own (spasticity from multiple sclerosis). It happens regardless, but it's nowhere near as bad with cannabis. It's miserable, and consuming cannabis is the only way I know how to make it remotely bearable. Cannabis provides significant pain relief, too, of course. And other stuff.

EDIT: I actually only use about 0.4 g a day. I don't consider that a lot, but getting high is beginning to seem like work to me, physically. Or something. Probably a direct result of MS, which has taken so much strength and energy from me.

Ryan, I would like to share with you what I was told several years ago. I was told that to bring my edible tolerance lower I could spend a minimum of 24 hrs only using a vaporizer and visa versa, to lower the amount of medicine I vape just use edibles for 24 hrs.

This method has keeps my tolerance relatively low without making my pain situation worse.

I realize that .4 could easily be a dose of an edible. But a tincture allows you flexibility with dosing and could stretch your .4 even further.

On GC there is a thread under medical smoking and usage called incredible edible herb then there is a pinned thread called Another Tincture Thread try it you'll like it. There is an index on the first page of the thread.

lookhigh

FC member
Screen not required. But try. You'll like. If nothing else, keeps the stem cleaner. Personally, I think it also improves hit quality.

While highly efficient, the AA likes being a session vape. Can you flip it on, wait a minute, take a hit then stash it? Sure. Can you flip it on, wait a minute, then take two or three hits (or so) then stash it? Yes. Yes you can.
Yes looks like the AA can do it all. It shines as a session vape though.
No screens No grind for me, I prefer it au naturel.

Aimless Ryan

I've concluded that I wish the Air would just automatically start out on the last temperature you used whenever you turn it on; without that standby period I always seem to forget about for at least a couple minutes after I turn it on. I pretty much always want mine to return to the last temperature I used; especially since I have begun using the red setting mostly. It often doesn't do that when I follow the directions to make it do that.

Aimless Ryan,
Reactions: lookhigh

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
I've concluded that I wish the Air would just automatically start out on the last temperature you used whenever you turn it on; without that standby period I always seem to forget about for at least a couple minutes after I turn it on. I pretty much always want mine to return to the last temperature I used; especially since I have begun using the red setting mostly. It often doesn't do that when I follow the directions to make it do that.

The stand by is not avoidable - but if you want to switch to your last used temp, just hold the down button for a sec when in stand by. It'll jump to your last used temp and start heating directly

Aimless Ryan

The stand by is not avoidable - but if you want to switch to your last used temp, just hold the down button for a sec when in stand by. It'll jump to your last used temp and start heating directly

I do that. I'm just sick of doing that, and I don't think I should have to do that. It would be easier for everyone if it just did it itself, by default.

When I turn on my TV, it starts out on the same channel I left it on. I find that convenient. I think most other people do, too.

Last edited:

WoodVillain

Backwoods Rated
Great to hear from you @WoodVillain . Didn't know you'd gone further off the grid. Glad to hear you're enjoying things. How's your AA holding up? All your stems still in shape?

Thanks brother!

AA is holding up great, stems as well.... Though these days the only 2 stems I use are the pvhes turbo gong and the buckeye wood stem from Ed's tnt. Those are my favorites.

Hope you and yours are doing well also! Keep vaping on brother!

WoodVillain,
Reactions: KidFated.

vapen00b

I do that. I'm just sick of doing that, and I don't think I should have to do that. It would be easier for everyone if it just did it itself, by default.

When I turn on my TV, it starts out on the same channel I left it on. I find that convenient. I think most other people do, too.

I get your point. Personally I like to start a fresh session on blue and sometimes step up to green(/yellow/red with WT) so I don't really mind zapping the temps on the AA up or down. Some like it this way, some like it that way.

bluenavey00

Arizer Air Aficionado
I get your point. Personally I like to start a fresh session on blue and sometimes step up to green(/yellow/red with WT) so I don't really mind zapping the temps on the AA up or down. Some like it this way, some like it that way.

Yea I agree, for me it would actually be annoying to start at the last used temp.

I tend to start low and work up a few steps.

bluenavey00,
Reactions: CarolKing

Aimless Ryan

I would prefer that the beeps come from somewhere that isn't muffled by my hand. I only hear the beeps about half the time.

Aimless Ryan,
Reactions: OF

OF

I would prefer that the beeps come from somewhere that isn't muffled by my hand. I only hear the beeps about half the time.

No doubt about it, Air's beeps are pretty lame compared to Solo. Then again, some thought Solo was too loud.......so there you have it.

Summit has a different beep thing. It "beeps" (or rather vibrates) once on power up, twice when you shut down power and 3 times when it makes temperature (ready to vape). You can keep it in your pocket and know by feel when it's on (and heating), ready to vape and when it's powered down. But, predictably, owners complain that it should also notify you it's timed out and is going back into standby....... Normally you hold the 'go button' down until it vibrates, wait until it buzzes 3 times to hit it, then hold the same button down until it buzzes twice for shutdown. IMO it'd be nice to shut the very bright Blue or Green light off for reduced lighting since you really don't need that display at all.

Lots of potential but a working example of the saw about pleasing all people all the time?

OF

Aimless Ryan

I understand what the lights on the top LED are telling me. I also understand blinking blue, blinking green, solid green, and solid red on the bottom LED.

What the hell do all these other colors and combinations mean?

Aimless Ryan,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I like to start low temp wise and work my way up to my desired heat level. I also like using a longer mouthpiece if stealth isn't required. I like the Solo bent stem or the Vortex stem from PlanetVape.

CarolKing,

bluenavey00

Arizer Air Aficionado
I like to start low temp wise and work my way up to my desired heat level. I also like using a longer mouthpiece if stealth isn't required. I like the Solo bent stem or the Vortex stem from PlanetVape.

I totally agree on both points!

The the solo stem is the best accessory I have bought so far, makes the vapour feel lovely and cool. I did however buy the straight one. What's the difference in the experience between the straight and bent?

:)

bluenavey00,

vapen00b

I totally agree on both points!

The the solo stem is the best accessory I have bought so far, makes the vapour feel lovely and cool. I did however buy the straight one. What's the difference in the experience between the straight and bent?

:)

Yeah, I too like the long straight solo stem best (for now ;))
Do have a bent one - to me there's just a curve to it that could give you a different style of holding your AA.
Recently I've been holding the AA kinda pipe/jazz flute style. It's impossible to get small crumbs into the heater like that and with long stem its quite comfortable.

bluenavey00

Arizer Air Aficionado
Yeah, I too like the long straight solo stem best (for now ;))
Do have a bent one - to me there's just a curve to it that could give you a different style of holding your AA.
Recently I've been holding the AA kinda pipe/jazz flute style. It's impossible to get small crumbs into the heater like that and with long stem its quite comfortable.

I think I've got into a similar habit. I've been holding mine like a joint between two fingers haa.

bluenavey00,
Reactions: vapen00b

Aimless Ryan

I've been thinking about buying a Solo stem for my Air; mainly just to try something different, I guess. Seems like a lot of people like Solo stems for the Air. Correct?

Aside from the Air, the only other vaporizer I've ever used is the Aromed. So I have no experience with any stems other than the two that came with my Air.

Top Bottom