WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Hey guys, how is the Air for "quick" single hits. I know there is a warm up time but do you have to finish the whole bowl each time or can you take one or two hits and save the rest for later?

I have an MFLB and some wax pen attachments but that's the only vape. I'm debating on this or the firefly. My preferred method of intake is a quick hit or two every few hours. Also does the machine reek? I know the material smells and of course the vapor but will the device reek when I pull it out?

Thanks!

I don't have the AA yet, but since it's so much like the solo, I believe I can confidently chime in.
If you pull it out it will not continue to cook the herb, so you can take only a few hits at a time
And the device it's self will not 'reek' but the straw that you place the herb in will smell more...

That can be solved with a quick smell proof bag.

I don't have the AA yet, but since it's so much like the solo, I believe I can confidently chime in.
If you pull it out it will not continue to cook the herb, so you can take only a few hits at a time
And the device it's self will not 'reek' but the straw that you place the herb in will smell more...

That can be solved with a quick smell proof bag.
Thank you!!

OF

Hey guys, how is the Air for "quick" single hits. I know there is a warm up time but do you have to finish the whole bowl each time or can you take one or two hits and save the rest for later?

I think it's OK. You can shut it down and save the rest for later. Some pull the stem, but that leaves you with a stem too hot to touch and doesn't really save anything extra. Vapor isn't lost or destroyed, it simply condenses somewhere else in the load and awaits liberation. Many of us have left stems in stem vapes for hours (or overnight) where it's kept hot the whole time.

However, if 'grab a quick hit or two at a time' is the goal, I suggest you look into Summit. Much faster to heat up (well under a minute) and it doesn't seem to 'creep up on full production' (due in part to the glass wall of the stem) like Solo/Air. The first hit is solid. And it's designed for speed around very fast heat up, short sessions, and fast cool off. It can be back in your pocket long before Solo is working well. Nice set of features, IMO, you might want to check it out.........

Mind I'm a big fan of Solo/Air but I think Summit might be a better fit?

OF

:lol:
I think it's OK. You can shut it down and save the rest for later. Some pull the stem, but that leaves you with a stem too hot to touch and doesn't really save anything extra. Vapor isn't lost or destroyed, it simply condenses somewhere else in the load and awaits liberation. Many of us have left stems in stem vapes for hours (or overnight) where it's kept hot the whole time.

However, if 'grab a quick hit or two at a time' is the goal, I suggest you look into Summit. Much faster to heat up (well under a minute) and it doesn't seem to 'creep up on full production' (due in part to the glass wall of the stem) like Solo/Air. The first hit is solid. And it's designed for speed around very fast heat up, short sessions, and fast cool off. It can be back in your pocket long before Solo is working well. Nice set of features, IMO, you might want to check it out.........

Mind I'm a big fan of Solo/Air but I think Summit might be a better fit?

OF
Nice!! Thank you. Just took a quick look at the summit and it looks just like what I need. I've been interested in the firefly but the price is kinda high although that warranty can't be beat. I like the price of the summit. I guess I'm off to the summit thread for the next hour :lol:.

OF

:lol:
Nice!! Thank you. Just took a quick look at the summit and it looks just like what I need. I've been interested in the firefly but the price is kinda high although that warranty can't be beat. I like the price of the summit. I guess I'm off to the summit thread for the next hour :lol:.

Cool. Happy reading. When it comes time to lay your money down, remember to give Randy at PIU a shot at it. Price match, free shipping, very fast and unmatched service should you need it...... I got mine there, using the 15% FC discount.

OF

WoodVillain

Backwoods Rated
OF with all the experience you have with different vapes id be curious to know your real favorites!!

Whats getting the most use these days if you dont mind sharing ??

I just read a little about the summit yesterday for the first time. I like the look, especially the green color.

My Air has been getting a nice relaxing break. And has become a true portable for me now. Before i had the log vape i used the Air at home as well -A LOT- but now i only use my log when home if im being honest....

But the AA does stay ready to go with bats charged and stems loaded, for the times i walk out the door!! Still love my Air, the Underdog is just too quick and easy to use at home, and i get the perfect results every time.

Still want a Lily too... But now im waiting to see what the new little one Triihouse is releasing is all about.

OF

OF with all the experience you have with different vapes id be curious to know your real favorites!!

Whats getting the most use these days if you dont mind sharing ??

Tough call for sure. Also, my values are likely not going to match yours very well? I'm a sipper by nature, don't chase clouds with puts me at odds with lots of good folks right there. I basically only use portables, again shutting out a LOT of options.

The general answer is 'usually the latest vape' when it comes to what sees the most use. Logically, I think. Solo/Air, MFLB and VG are old friends. I use my Thermovape stuff 'on special occasions' since it's no longer serviced. Vapman is a personal favorite, but not I think for lots of guys.

Lately I have 3 new ones. After a break from buying any, I kinda went on a bender. FlowerMate Mini is pretty cool I think. Similar to Air IMO but much smaller in size. Otherwise nearly as clean a taste, faster to heat, easier to 'plam'. I bought it based on general good feedback on that thread and a sale at PIU.

Imag+ is an interesting vape, IMO. Again a PIU sale alerted me. $55 seemed a reasonable risk, and was rewarded IMO. A bit hot/harsh for my tastes generally but it's FAST and makes lots of vapor. At the price, it's to be recommended I think. Probably an excellent vape to loan new guys. No doubt the best for cloud chasers.

The Summit was recommended to me for 'grab a quick hit or two walking the dog' duty. IMO it's near ideal for that and similar roles. After you decide the heat level you want (choice of 8) you can ignore the small + and - keys. Hitting the 'go' button for 3 seconds starts it up with a quick buzz on a cell phone vibrator inside (very stealth). About 45 seconds later it buzzes 3 times and is ready to hit. Very short session time, about 90 seconds (Imag+ is about 3 minutes IIRC, FM five?). It stays in standby for half an hour, tap the go button it buzzes and reheats. You can shut it down early with another long press, you get two buzzes. It's tiny by conventional standards and can be kept in a pocket and worked 'blind' due to the vibration part. Full points for stealth.

All 3 pretty impressive in their own right. I guess I'm most excited about Summit and FM. If any of them appeal they're all about $100 so not as big a risk as many others. Getting them from PIU is sold insurance against a dud. Nobody better to have in your corner when the need comes than Randy IMO.

As Mae West famously said 'you pays your money and takes yer choice'. She wasn't talking about vapes of course, but the idea is the same......

OF

GetLeft

Hey guys, how is the Air for "quick" single hits.

This was one of my key questions when I was looking into getting a vaporizer.
'Quick' is relative, though. For me, the time I needed to set up a bowl, combust, then clear the air (and my breath) after combustion was much longer than the minute or two of warm up time plus the other minute or two to get a couple of hits in on the AA. If you're a little bit organized about your vaping, the warm up is not an inconvenience at all. I'll usually put a pinch or so in the bowl, depending on what I imagine my usage needs to be, and then I cap it so it's ready when I am. When I'm ready, I warm it up, hit it a couple of times (or more -- sometimes it's hard not go go for that one last hit on the AA but beware--those hits are definitely hits!), pull out the stem, cap it and stash it until later. When I go back for more, same thing, but I tend to raise the temp by one level. Or if it needs to be topped off with some fresh, I do that.

Also does the machine reek?

Nope. The unit does not reek. At all. If you keep your bowl and your used material in it, then I'm sure you'll find there to be some odor. I cap mine when not in use and have never had an issue with odors.

Don't know the Summit and don't want to get off topic, but I was concerned by a couple of the things. Mostly, though, I was leaning toward convection over conduction, and the AA got the nod there. Also recall issues like a disappearing magnetic lid? Bowl size (bigger than the AA and maybe therefor less conducive to small repeat sessions), odor production--does it reek a little when you stash it?).

Read up. We'll see you back here soon :)

Astedra

In the future i'll buy this one:
http://www.vapefiend.co.uk/arizer-air/solo-bubbler-mouthpiece.html
In vapefiend's page you will find many AA compatible bubblers, that you can buy in most of the vapeshops. And also, in this thread there are many options, just use the search function at your right hand upside, just type: water or bubbler, and search in this thread only. :)

Only on a UK site? shipping.

Also on the glass stem with the black plastic can you screw off the plastic because I tried and felt like I was going to brake it.

Last edited:
Astedra,
Reactions: Vapoleon
Cool. Happy reading. When it comes time to lay your money down, remember to give Randy at PIU a shot at it. Price match, free shipping, very fast and unmatched service should you need it...... I got mine there, using the 15% FC discount.

OF

Thanks for the info....I also read about their amazing customer service while reading up on other threads.

This was one of my key questions when I was looking into getting a vaporizer.
'Quick' is relative, though. For me, the time I needed to set up a bowl, combust, then clear the air (and my breath) after combustion was much longer than the minute or two of warm up time plus the other minute or two to get a couple of hits in on the AA. If you're a little bit organized about your vaping, the warm up is not an inconvenience at all. I'll usually put a pinch or so in the bowl, depending on what I imagine my usage needs to be, and then I cap it so it's ready when I am. When I'm ready, I warm it up, hit it a couple of times (or more -- sometimes it's hard not go go for that one last hit on the AA but beware--those hits are definitely hits!), pull out the stem, cap it and stash it until later. When I go back for more, same thing, but I tend to raise the temp by one level. Or if it needs to be topped off with some fresh, I do that.

Nope. The unit does not reek. At all. If you keep your bowl and your used material in it, then I'm sure you'll find there to be some odor. I cap mine when not in use and have never had an issue with odors.

Don't know the Summit and don't want to get off topic, but I was concerned by a couple of the things. Mostly, though, I was leaning toward convection over conduction, and the AA got the nod there. Also recall issues like a disappearing magnetic lid? Bowl size (bigger than the AA and maybe therefor less conducive to small repeat sessions), odor production--does it reek a little when you stash it?).

Read up. We'll see you back here soon :)

This would probably work for me. I can't wait till there is a vape that can deliver a hit at the push of a button then go back in your pocket/bag the same way you'd sneak a toke with a pipe. "Sneak a vape". Seems like we're close.

Not reeking is a big deal for me. That's kinda why I'm ready to "graduate" from my MFLB. I enjoy what vaping flower provides even over wax in a globe but my MFLB stinks lol. Even though I keep it pretty clean it's just a matter of time or carelessness till a certain someone in my house starts asking what that smell is.

Reading up on the Summit was interesting which led me to look at the imag+. So many options to choose from. Right now for me the Summit is in the lead but the price on the imag+ tempts me to give it a try but I have the feeling I'd be happier with the Summit or Air.

Any others I should be looking at In the under $200 range that is stealth, portable and gives that sweet sweet vapor? If this question is not appropriate for this thread I will move it as it is an Air thread. Thanks!

WoodVillain

Backwoods Rated
Tough call for sure. Also, my values are likely not going to match yours very well? I'm a sipper by nature, don't chase clouds with puts me at odds with lots of good folks right there. I basically only use portables, again shutting out a LOT of options.

The general answer is 'usually the latest vape' when it comes to what sees the most use. Logically, I think. Solo/Air, MFLB and VG are old friends. I use my Thermovape stuff 'on special occasions' since it's no longer serviced. Vapman is a personal favorite, but not I think for lots of guys.

Lately I have 3 new ones. After a break from buying any, I kinda went on a bender. FlowerMate Mini is pretty cool I think. Similar to Air IMO but much smaller in size. Otherwise nearly as clean a taste, faster to heat, easier to 'plam'. I bought it based on general good feedback on that thread and a sale at PIU.

Imag+ is an interesting vape, IMO. Again a PIU sale alerted me. $55 seemed a reasonable risk, and was rewarded IMO. A bit hot/harsh for my tastes generally but it's FAST and makes lots of vapor. At the price, it's to be recommended I think. Probably an excellent vape to loan new guys. No doubt the best for cloud chasers.

The Summit was recommended to me for 'grab a quick hit or two walking the dog' duty. IMO it's near ideal for that and similar roles. After you decide the heat level you want (choice of 8) you can ignore the small + and - keys. Hitting the 'go' button for 3 seconds starts it up with a quick buzz on a cell phone vibrator inside (very stealth). About 45 seconds later it buzzes 3 times and is ready to hit. Very short session time, about 90 seconds (Imag+ is about 3 minutes IIRC, FM five?). It stays in standby for half an hour, tap the go button it buzzes and reheats. You can shut it down early with another long press, you get two buzzes. It's tiny by conventional standards and can be kept in a pocket and worked 'blind' due to the vibration part. Full points for stealth.

All 3 pretty impressive in their own right. I guess I'm most excited about Summit and FM. If any of them appeal they're all about $100 so not as big a risk as many others. Getting them from PIU is sold insurance against a dud. Nobody better to have in your corner when the need comes than Randy IMO.

As Mae West famously said 'you pays your money and takes yer choice'. She wasn't talking about vapes of course, but the idea is the same......

OF

Thanks for all the great info!! I went and checked them all out. And the summit catches my attention the most, due to looks and the "quickness" to get a few hits and go on about your business.

When i look at the summit, it looks like something REI or EMS would make if they got into making vapes, really cool!!

Sounds like you got one hell of a deal on the Imag+ too, 55 for a vape is great! One you dont have to really worry about as much!!

Now the Triihouse website store is down for maintenance... Hope that means they are going to post the new little one up so i can at least know what its all about LOL

SO SO SO MANY vaporizers coming out these days... Good for variety, options, competition brings prices down etc... But it doesnt make it easy figuring out which one should be next...

OF

When i look at the summit, it looks like something REI or EMS would make if they got into making vapes, really cool!!

Sounds like you got one hell of a deal on the Imag+ too, 55 for a vape is great! One you dont have to really worry about as much!!

I tend to agree, it's more 'hardened' to outdoor use (and simplified as well) than any other similar one I can think of. Yet, if you look back at the start of that thread there are plenty of self professed experts trashing their claims of suitability 'outdoors'........without ever actually holding, let alone trying, one?

If that sort of performance interests you I recommend a closer look. Lots of good choices out there.

OF

jtttttt

I love my Pinnacle Pro Deluxe...with the water tool. Was my first vape, and then I got the Air. There are lots of stories on FC about Pinnacles going dead...but I never had an issue with mine except a charging issue that went away in a couple days. I'm mostly a weekend user, once or twice a day...nothing major - which is why I think my Pinnacle has served me well...it gets its rest. So not recommended for heavy users.

After my Pinnacle, I got the Air. Man are these 2 devices similar in terms of vape quality, taste and clouds. I could use one, love it, then use the other...and love it just as much. It's a great feeling. Cleaning the Air is a little easier afterwards. Pinnacle you have to deal with the harder to clean screens, a steel bullet, and a mouth piece. With the Air it's just the stem...very easy to clean if you get it when its still warm. Otherwise battery life is similar, draw is similar if packed correctly...just 2 plain old great vapes that get the job done.

It especially gets fun and twisted when I hook up the duel tube, use both vapes into a Recycler...oh boy. It's absolute mayhem in terms of taste and clouds....living the dream. Gotta pack it just right so the draw is similar...and one device goes a little higher based on heat temperatures, not heat levels...so in the end they are both heating at the same temp within 3 degrees F.

Love both and can't choose one or the other....so the solution is to use both at the same time. Toke on FC...

TLDR; Have the Pinnacle Pro and Air, love both, use both simultaneous.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Saturday is the day it arrives! I'm actually getting the AA as a gift for the girlfriend :\...she likes to vape over smoking now and although I want and AA for myself...my VAS is pretty bad and I'm going to need brownie point justification to keep up the habbit.

Damn @OF ...sold me on PIU now maybe the summit! Seems like a good work vape for sneaky short sessions...

Oh well...at least the AA will always be close :love:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
AA is awesome. I have a lot of fun with it, and it produces nice, sweet, vapor. The stem are fun to fill, ritualistic in a way. Cleaning is ridiculously easy, by far the least maintenance I've come across out of the five or six vapes I've owned. Randy (at puffitup) has a killer sale at $160. The other vapes you've mentioned, I've been talked out of (to prevent disappointment), and glad I have. I actually have two AA's now (and my weekend Mighty). Conserves and delivers.... go for it!

Tukay

Hello all. One week ago i bought Arizer Air and it is realy nice, but... I've decided to conduct an experiment. I inserted empty and clean mouthpiece in the heated unit, waited for some time, then pulled it a few minutes, and on the mouthpiece was steaming and little bit smelled. But in case with borosilicate glass, this should not be.(?) I repeated this experiment several times, but every time the mouthpiece was steaming. What the problem is? Is it ok? Could this be dangerous for health? And on the mouthpiece, which is entirely made of glass, without plastic, on the side, which is inserted into the unit, some circular traces, similar to the screw-thread has appeared. But may be it was before, i don`t know exactly. I am worry about my health, plz guys, consult me) And may be someone repeat this experiment and tell about results? Sorry for my bad english. There is no information in my language, i found this forum and it is really awesome.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Anything is possible, but Arizer has a stellar reputation and track record here. I would call and speak with them directly, expressing your concerns. This device did not happen by accident, lots of work put into it , and every day i enjoy my AA more and more.

sickmanfraud

I have an MFLB and some wax pen attachments but that's the only vape. I'm debating on this or the firefly. My preferred method of intake is a quick hit or two every few hours. Also does the machine reek? I know the material smells and of course the vapor but will the device reek when I pull it out?

Thanks!

you can definitely take a few hits and turn off the vape. If you have ever tried this you know the stem will not taste the same when you reheat it.

If I wanted to get one or two hits I would put a very small amount of medicine in an air or Solo stem and then heat it up to the top heat you can tolerate and use it up and then repack the stem for another session.

@OF I don't want to discuss the summit here, can I pm you?

Last edited:

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Hello all. One week ago i bought Arizer Air and it is realy nice, but... I've decided to conduct an experiment. I inserted empty and clean mouthpiece in the heated unit, waited for some time, then pulled it a few minutes, and on the mouthpiece was steaming and little bit smelled. But in case with borosilicate glass, this should not be.(?) I repeated this experiment several times, but every time the mouthpiece was steaming. What the problem is? Is it ok? Could this be dangerous for health? And on the mouthpiece, which is entirely made of glass, without plastic, on the side, which is inserted into the unit, some circular traces, similar to the screw-thread has appeared. But may be it was before, i don`t know exactly. I am worry about my health, plz guys, consult me) And may be someone repeat this experiment and tell about results? Sorry for my bad english. There is no information in my language, i found this forum and it is really awesome.

Have you used the unit yet? Once you put herb in it, you can no longer tell what was there before. If you've used it already, then just vape on and don't worry about it.

chevyfried

Gotta say, I've gone from the MFLB to the Pax 1 (had two) and now the AA and the only thing I miss is the heat up time. Everything else I love the AA so much.

Ive had the AA for about 6 months now and never skipped a beat. I bought a Panasonic NCR18650B and find it to last alot longer than the OEM Bac battery. Also having the USB charger is a freaking godsend. I can plug it anywhere to charge.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Panasonic NCR18650B - anybody?

Just some random thoughts as I gently pull on an AA stem...

- Its shape is perfect in my opinion. Nice to hold on to, but not heavy, clumsy, great tactile experience
- I don't usually super rip it, even though when you pay close attention to certain details, it will rip, maybe not like a Mighty, but rip it does
- Efficiency of herb, ability to spread out a session (short bowl .07 over 10 minutes without big clouds but steady vapor)
-Seems to allow me to control dosing better than some other vapes, maybe the enano, UD are the same in that way (stems refilling)
- Stealth, at home, in car, even out for a walk
-Lots of options, other manufactures getting involved in accessories
-Great price I paid ($160)
-Batteries can be replaced so you never miss a beat
-Gentle high (even for me) can be had if you so desire (really sip, load light)
-The above (refilling a lot) gives me a sense of control, and keeps my fidgety hands busy as well
-The black is the coolest color I've ever seen
-Cleaning this thing is a joke
-Did I say efficient? and in NYC area, at over $300 / z, that's really important to me
-Can drive WT's
-Stands up, lays down, spare charger and batteries
-Fits in a little case, small drawer
-Doesn't look weird so your non pot head friends don't look at you weird
-My lungs feel amazing (40 years combusting / 22 firefighting)
:bigleaf:
I know I don't need any more reasons, but there's about at least 50, I'll spare you all :love:

Justpassedu

Panasonic NCR18650B - anybody?

Just some random thoughts as I gently pull on an AA stem...

- Its shape is perfect in my opinion. Nice to hold on to, but not heavy, clumsy, great tactile experience
- I don't usually super rip it, even though when you pay close attention to certain details, it will rip, maybe not like a Mighty, but rip it does
- Efficiency of herb, ability to spread out a session (short bowl .07 over 10 minutes without big clouds but steady vapor)
-Seems to allow me to control dosing better than some other vapes, maybe the enano, UD are the same in that way (stems refilling)
- Stealth, at home, in car, even out for a walk
-Lots of options, other manufactures getting involved in accessories
-Great price I paid ($160)
-Batteries can be replaced so you never miss a beat
-Gentle high (even for me) can be had if you so desire (really sip, load light)
-The above (refilling a lot) gives me a sense of control, and keeps my fidgety hands busy as well
-The black is the coolest color I've ever seen
-Cleaning this thing is a joke
-Did I say efficient? and in NYC area, at over $300 / z, that's really important to me
-Can drive WT's
-Stands up, lays down, spare charger and batteries
-Fits in a little case, small drawer
-Doesn't look weird so your non pot head friends don't look at you weird
-My lungs feel amazing (40 years combusting / 22 firefighting)
:bigleaf:
I know I don't need any more reasons, but there's about at least 50, I'll spare you all :love:

Yes Panasonic 18650b is a great cell, i been using them since day 1 now that the air came out. Never had a problem at all. It will void your warranty though with arizer so use at your own risk. They want us to only use there batteries.

chevyfried

Yes Panasonic 18650b is a great cell, i been using them since day 1 now that the air came out. Never had a problem at all. It will void your warranty though with arizer so use at your own risk. They want us to only use there batteries.

Yeah yeah yeah hate that warranty part....but I get it. There are a ton of crappy, counterfeit cells floating around and they can mess stuff up!

Top Bottom