Justpassedu

I think only a few people have the grasshoppers as of now , not many at all and they really have not started shipping them in bulk yet. Its going to be a bit before many people get them including me but that question would be better asked on the grasshopper thread as i believe the people who do actually have them also own the air and have talked about it on that thread. They are two totally different machines though and i don't believe they should be compared. The grasshopper is more of a quick rip type of machine with a 5 second heat up time and the air is more of a session vape. A few people that have received them already had some minor problems and had to send them back for a fix. GH looks amazing though when they get it right , it seems perfect for on the go and getting very medicated quickly.

2clicker

Observer
Has anyone with an Air actually received a GH yet? Id be curious to know how they compare as well.

Also in case anyone missed it, Puffitup now carries some badass glass stems from our very own @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd !!

You can check them out here http://www.puffitup.com/category-s/192.htm

I think only a few people have the grasshoppers as of now , not many at all and they really have not started shipping them in bulk yet. Its going to be a bit before many people get them including me but that question would be better asked on the grasshopper thread as i believe the people who do actually have them also own the air and have talked about it on that thread. They are two totally different machines though and i don't believe they should be compared. The grasshopper is more of a quick rip type of machine with a 5 second heat up time and the air is more of a session vape. A few people that have received them already had some minor problems and had to send them back for a fix. GH looks amazing though when they get it right , it seems perfect for on the go and getting very medicated quickly.

good call. sorry all!

UnshavenFish

Just bought the air should be here Friday. How long to charge the battery? I hope I can get 3 bowls from a charge. Toronto Vapourizer sells it on sale for $200 cdn. The arizer website it's still like $260 cdn.

If charged in the air I think it's around 2 hours (been a while since I've charged in air), with an external charger it can be longer or shorter depending on charger used.

And 3 bowls will be easy even on highest temp :tup:

OF

Just bought the air should be here Friday. How long to charge the battery? I hope I can get 3 bowls from a charge. Toronto Vapourizer sells it on sale for $200 cdn. The arizer website it's still like $260 cdn.

For maximum battery life 'over charge' the first time is recommended. At least four hours past 'full'. Overnight is a good plan IMO. Before any discharging. After the first cycle it's a moot point. Only the first 'counts'.

After that you should get at least 4, perhaps five bowls per charge, subject to the temperature you run and how much you hit it. It should take about 3 hours for a bottom to top charge.

OF

UnshavenFish

For maximum battery life 'over charge' the first time is recommended. At least four hours past 'full'. Overnight is a good plan IMO. Before any discharging. After the first cycle it's a moot point. Only the first 'counts'.

I have heard this talked about but never done it myself, I'm sure there is something I maybe just don't understand :hmm: but to me the chargers cut off at 4.2v and these batteries hold voltage pretty good, so I don't see what the benefit is leaving them charging if they are not charging :shrug:

I know phone batteries when show full normally have to be left for a while for the trickle charge to finish, but I thought that was down to the way the phone works out the battery level (not too accurate)

Would love a bit of brain learning if you have the time to explain as it's something that I have wondered about for quite a while now.

OF

I have heard this talked about but never done it myself, I'm sure there is something I maybe just don't understand :hmm: but to me the chargers cut off at 4.2v and these batteries hold voltage pretty good, so I don't see what the benefit is leaving them charging if they are not charging :shrug:

I know phone batteries when show full normally have to be left for a while for the trickle charge to finish, but I thought that was down to the way the phone works out the battery level (not too accurate)

But they don't actually cut completely off you see. They still keep a small current going (or try to) to do two functions, 'find' a battery to charge and to 'unlock' protected batteries. The first time up, the battery (really a 'cell' technically since there's only one unit) the cell 'forms' as the chemicals inside 'charge'. Normally two reactions happen, one at each plate, with one 'side' favored with enough extra that the other limits the charge by running out first. I forget which in our case, but it doesn't matter.

So to charge we apply a limited current, in the case of Air it's about 700 or 800mA. It slowly rises in fact as the charge progresses. When the voltage reaches 4.2 or so the charger switches to 'constant voltage (rather than constant current) mode pushing whatever current is possible without going too high in Voltage. This current drops slowly as the last 10% or so of the capacity is charged. When the current drops below another threshold (typically 10% of maximum), charge is cut off. It's not complete but nearly so.

Forming charge allows for the 'last' of the material to convert, either by slow trickle from the search current or by 'hickups' of short recharging. In small cells (like the tiny 350mAh Ego 'battery' I was messing with the other day) this can go on many hours. The first discharge forever cuts this 'sweeping up the residual' and that remaining material never joins the game.

Or so it was explained to me many years back. Battery University has some stuff on the subject as do the various specification sheets for charger ICs. You'll find this advice in some but not all vape instructions (even though they use the same batteries). One has to wonder why......some might think some makers don't care? Others would be happy to sell you a replacement, provided the original makes it through warranty. Also tied up there is, of course, decisions about what level (voltage wise) to limit charging to and what discharge voltage they will allow (both of which also effect battery lifespan). There the urge is, naturally to push it, since 'lots of sessions per charge' sells.

Aren't you glad you asked?

OF

UnshavenFish

Aren't you glad you asked?

Yes :nod: :tup:

So it's basically to activate a small extra bit of capacity due to a fuller chemical reaction.

Maybe I will start with any new 'cells' ;) I get, although after checking capacity on all my cells they all fall within range, but a little extra is always nice.

Thanks bud, you have a way of explaining things that even my 'set in my ways' brain can get :rockon:

OF

So it's basically to activate a small extra bit of capacity due to a fuller chemical reaction.

Thanks bud, you have a way of explaining things that even my 'set in my ways' brain can get

Yep, that's my take on it. I understand it varies with construction (lower capacity, higher current cells having less effect). Not much, from a few percent to maybe 8 or 10? And it doesn't always show up until the end of life. Still, as you say, not to be casually discarded when a few hours extra charging one time is the cost?

You're welcome, thanks for saying as much. It's them Teacher Genes again........ No known cure for it.

OF

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Sold my solo for $100 and need to buy an air as a reward! Where is the least expensive and warranty covored place place I can buy from? Arizer has them for 149 with free 2 day shipping...lhs 179

WoodVillain

Backwoods Rated
Sold my solo for $100 and need to buy an air as a reward! Where is the least expensive and warranty covored place place I can buy from? Arizer has them for 149 with free 2 day shipping...lhs 179

I think you mean aroma-tek has them for 149?? Arizer looks like they still have them listed at 260.

I got both my Air and Extreme Q from Aroma-tek and had great experiences both times.

sickmanfraud

Planetvape is also a Canadian website and a sponsor of FC.

On the Supporting Retailers page there is a thread for PlanetVape.

In PV signature there was a code to get the air for $199 Canadian with an extra battery and free shipping. Comes out to about $156 US.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
I think you mean aroma-tek has them for 149?? Arizer looks like they still have them listed at 260.

I got both my Air and Extreme Q from Aroma-tek and had great experiences both times.

Good catch. So what's the difference between aromatek and arizer? I thought aromatic made arizer

Edit: nevermind...i thought I seen arizer by aromatek somewhere before...but appears this was a false memory.
On further investigation, it seems aromatek just sells vapes...
Does PIU pricematch?

Last edited:

GetLeft

That's about what I got mine for a few of months ago, so they seem to be holding pretty steady at that price. Well worth it. I've got two vaporizers, my AA and a desktop. While the desktop has its virtues and has been getting more use recently (it's taking some practice to figure it out), the AA has more virtues in my opinion (one being that it is very easy to figure out). I'm very content knowing it's always there for me.

GetLeft,
Reactions: Vapoleon

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
True. I originally went to my LHS looking for the air (never tried the solo at this point) ended up getting a mighty. Eventually got a solo and loved it, I just think the AA will fit my style of use a little better.

Normally I would wait to find one used locally for $80-100 (one slipped through my fingers recently)

But...since I know I will like it and it will get heavy rotation, I have no problem buying new

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
It says 260 for me on Arizer site. Not sure where you saw that price at.

Planetvape or puffitup with the discount t codes are your best bet

I know planetvape is 200 cad with an extra battery shipped with the discount code

Update on the vortex air gong

The bowl end is smaller than my air vortex stem, wobbles slightly in the airs oven.

Not too much trouble pulling it to clear but it would SO much easier if there was two glass nubs to grab on like the original gong. Also the Air gets pretty warm at the top so it's not as convienant as the solo. But if you give 5 min or so for the unit to cool between sessions it's not bad. Not sure if I can tell a difference between this and the regular pvhes gong I had with my solo.

For some reason I still seem to get the biggest and most consistent hits using the pvhes vortex stem on green setting. With a nice heavy indica it's just amazing. Sativas I only get a couple good hits then the fun is over haha.

I'm thinking the air is one of the most reliable portable vapes on the market for real. All the problems with the mighty/crafty reported makes me glad I held out on one. I also save so much herb. I have been giving it away to friends since I use so little in the air lol.

Also off topic but you guys like my new tattoo in my Av. Fuck combustion for life yo lol. It actually stands for fuck cancer and hopefully forever cured in the future!

Last edited by a moderator:

Dank Sinatra

vapoleon, savagecore
thanks guys! would aqualabtech be a good place to order from? I decided Im just gonna get a simple glass bubbler.

but then again.... that bubbler mouthpiece looks really nice. It wouldnt spill into the Air would it?

Hey guys, how is the Air for "quick" single hits. I know there is a warm up time but do you have to finish the whole bowl each time or can you take one or two hits and save the rest for later?

I have an MFLB and some wax pen attachments but that's the only vape. I'm debating on this or the firefly. My preferred method of intake is a quick hit or two every few hours. Also does the machine reek? I know the material smells and of course the vapor but will the device reek when I pull it out?

Thanks!

Top Bottom