Discontinued The 8 Herb Vaporizer for the Persei

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
For those keeping score, last night I returned the much used prototype 8. It's showing the scars of tough testing, and is sadly in need of some repair. Remember, however, most if not all these issues are related to being a prototype. Production units (indeed the next prototypes I bet) will have these issues addressed.

It ran away a third time, but got caught right away. It also reset itself several times but the batteries are loose for other reasons. Between such setbacks it delivered the goods, the basic ceramic bottom conduction thingie with a funny post in the middle works for most anything you feed it provided you're a bit careful.

IMO it shows great promise, once some of the kinks are ironed out. It should be worth the wait.

And if the planned Universe is really a spin off of this heater scheme, it too should be worthy of consideration. And as a more manual vape, I think it would appeal to many more? And it should be ready sooner.......

OF

Thank you for testing it out OF, also can i ask what repairs are needed?

THC SCIENTIFIC,

OF

Thank you for testing it out OF, also can i ask what repairs are needed?

You're welcome, of course. The major issue is the kluge for the positive battery connection. The glued in plate seems crooked somehow and may be part of it. If too much pressure is put on the center pin it looks like the assembly gets pushed up and the buttons stop working. I wedged a wire under it, and if you're very careful with battery tension it usually works OK. A mechanical/packaging issue....prototype related.

And there's the 3 runaways I had, two I think for SC? That one will be tougher to figure out.

Lots of little things to look at in a clean up (like viewing angle on the display) but fix the above two and it should be ready to send out into the cruel world again.

OF

OF,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
You're welcome, of course. The major issue is the kluge for the positive battery connection. The glued in plate seems crooked somehow and may be part of it. If too much pressure is put on the center pin it looks like the assembly gets pushed up and the buttons stop working. I wedged a wire under it, and if you're very careful with battery tension it usually works OK. A mechanical/packaging issue....prototype related.

And there's the 3 runaways I had, two I think for SC? That one will be tougher to figure out.

Lots of little things to look at in a clean up (like viewing angle on the display) but fix the above two and it should be ready to send out into the cruel world again.

OF

Ya most i think can be attributed to the prototype being a hand built unit, once its in production it shuold iron itself out, we will make sure all is answered when time comes. Right now we are looking at the functionality then all else will be dealt with once we get it to produce massive vapors as everyone seems to want.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

OF

Ya most i think can be attributed to the prototype being a hand built unit, once its in production it shuold iron itself out, we will make sure all is answered when time comes. Right now we are looking at the functionality then all else will be dealt with once we get it to produce massive vapors as everyone seems to want.

Understood. Mechanical issues will all change with packaging. The run aways are likely to be hard to resolve as I said but the rest should not you'd think.

While it does function well I'm not sure I'd call it "massive vapors" by any means eating herbs, even some bubbles and keif don't fit my definition of massive. Nor do I call any of the guys who tested it with me having that opinion. SC, what's your take on 'huge cloud potential' here?

OF

OF,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Who ever came up with this idea is a genius.

550642_300711120017608_100002361681913_659458_1249712187_n.jpg

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I saw those handsets, I think they look cool.. My issue is when I use the cell phone around the house I end up loosing reception as I walk around. I ended up finding this cordless home phone. It has a feature that lets me connect my phone to a the home system using Bluetooth. When I am home I can leave my cell phone in one place that has good reception. I can use the home handset now in order to walk around the house. Since the cell phone can stay still the reception is better. I tell you it has been a real lifesaver.

Slightly Medicated,
Reactions: darkrom
So really now where can I get that phone attachment g :-) it looks fun!

I'm going to Berkeley around the tenth is delta 9 in the area?

Luckysglass,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Engineer shipping 8 HC v2 prototype next monday. Get ready guys get ready.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

DubCRider

It's located in Los Angeles. I can try to meet up with you if you want to check some stuff out before you make a purchase.

DubCRider,
It's located in Los Angeles. I can try to meet up with you if you want to check some stuff out before you make a purchase.
Thank you sooo much!! I'd love to connect if it's a possibility, I'm assisting my buddy while he teaches a glassblowing class at revere I'm stoked to go to the bay area. I should be there the 11-14 of june

Luckysglass,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
ok so here is whats going on.

We have reduced the outside heat of the unit to a degree.

Calibrated the sensor and the heating core to display correct temperature.

The unit is a two piece now, and you can wash out the bowl.

We will look into some more user tweeks by my end because like we said engineer can not use anything as he only builds it.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

JoeKickass

We have reduced the outside heat of the unit to a degree.

Wow so you've managed to insulate the device so well that it actually absorbs heat from the environment and cools itself to a surface temperature of only 1* F??

I have to say it might be nice on a hot day but I still think we're going to need gloves, not for heat, but for frostbite!

:Djk

JoeKickass,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Wow so you've managed to insulate the device so well that it actually absorbs heat from the environment and cools itself to a surface temperature of only 1* F??

I have to say it might be nice on a hot day but I still think we're going to need gloves, not for heat, but for frostbite!

:Djk

haha, my mistake on the words.

We have reduced to heat but have not trually got rid of it. We are working on the next phase of the prototype for reducing the heat, but all looks good so far as far as the main issues.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

DubCRider

Alright OF, let him have it......

The set-screws are nice. That connection and the one on the battery need to be solid for how much use these will get. Looks like better buttons too?(stick out a bit more)

DubCRider,

tokinginger

Wow, this looks a lot like my Lavatube e-cig. Does this take dry bud, or is it for extracts only?

tokinginger,

OF

The window looks better done as well. I assume the positive battery contact has a new plate like the one shown, the source of many of the problems with the last prototype. I'm wondering how the temperature sensing works.

Being able to unscrew the bowl is not only neat for cleaning it, but a second loaded bowl could be carried with you.....

Better and better. Bring it on.

OF

OF,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
that first image screws into the second image. This image show what screws onto the battery section. Hope this helps OF.

DSC_0081.jpg

Top Bottom