The 2016 Presidential Candidates Thread

BD9

To bring out the women that had been Bill Clinton's accusers was too much for most sane people. All of that had been hashed out back in the late 1980s and 90s. If Trump continues this it just makes him look like an idiot.

I heard David Gergin say the election is physically stressful for the country. That's the truth!

An idiot and a hypocrite;

Flashback: Donald Trump Called Bill Clinton's Accusers 'Terrible' and 'Unattractive' and Former President 'Terrific'

Republican presidential nominee had a very different view of the 42nd president, defending him as the real "victim" in the wake of the fallout of the Monica Lewinsky scandal and blasting the accusers as "terrible" and "unattractive."

“It’s like it's from hell, it's a terrible group of people,” Trump said in an interview with FOX News' Neil Cavuto on Aug. 19, 1998.

Asked by Cavuto if Clinton’s image as a “quasi-sex symbol” stood to somehow benefit from the alleged extramarital relations, Trump took issue with the characterization.

“I don't necessarily agree with his victims, his victims are terrible,” Trump said. “He is really a victim himself. But he put himself in that position.”

“The whole group, Paula Jones, Lewinsky, it's just a really unattractive group. I'm not just talking about physical," he said.

“Would it be any different if it were a supermodel crowd?” Cavuto then asked.

“I think at least it would be more pleasant to watch,” Trump replied.

As far as his personal opinion of Clinton, Trump gave Clinton a strong rating.

“I think he's terrific. I think the guy's terrific. I just hate the way he tried to get out of this mess,” Trump said.

“In terms of myself, I love him as a president because business has been great, the economy's been booming. We have to give him credit,” he said.

Tranquility

With the news media outrage over mean things said, it seems the big Mo is all towards Hillary at this point and this thread's title might soon change. Pity. Anyway, a major part of her administration should be a focus on getting us all back to being unaware and compliant.

Anyone got a leak of her 10-point plan on doing so? Will there be a civil war between the next administration's goals of keeping the populace unaware and compliant and the news media's purported goal of making the populace aware? Or, will the media assist in the Potemkin village's "narrative"?

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/3599
And as I've mentioned, we've all been quite content to demean government, drop civics and in general conspire to produce an unaware and compliant citizenry. The unawareness remains strong but compliance is obviously fading rapidly. This problem demands some serious, serious thinking - and not just poll driven, demographically-inspired messaging.
--(Former Clinton administration official) Bill Ivy to Hillary's campaign chairman John Podesta

------------Edit
No worries! The media will continue its ultra-high quality job of keeping all the facts straight.

CuXx69VXEAAtFpy.jpg

Last edited:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
The Donald Trump we saw on Sunday night during the debate looked like a caged tiger. Trump just said the shackles are off from the Republican Party in a tweet. The tiger is free!!

The implosion has begun.:science:
:popcorn:

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
What Was It About the Trump Tape That Offended Republicans?
by Nancy LeTourneau
October 11, 2016 9:46 AM

After the release of the Access Hollywood tape in which Trump is heard bragging about sexual assault, a flood of Republicans condemned what he said, and many decided they could no longer support his candidacy. That raised an interesting question for a lot of people. Where had these Republicans been when Trump accused our first African American president of not being a U.S. citizen? Where had they been when he called Mexicans “rapists and drug dealers” or when he questioned the qualifications of a federal judge due to his Mexican heritage? Where had they been when he insulted a Gold Star family, or war veterans, or the disabled? Jamelle Bouie offers this explanation:

Republicans didn’t say anything because Trump wasn’t attacking Republicans. The ground didn’t shift for the GOP nominee until he did. His “grab them by the pussy” comments don’t just threaten his own bid at the White House; they threaten the whole Republican political apparatus. They undermine party enthusiasm. They give millions of Republican-voting women a reason to stay home. And what happens if they do? Suddenly, the House and Senate are at risk. Suddenly, Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell are leaders of a minority party.​

There is a lot to be said for that. But Rebecca Traister has a point as well.

Bouie’s conclusion about white nationalism is surely correct, but it’s also true that this is no moralistic, or strategic, line in the sand that Trump just crossed. He’s been directing a share of his ire at white women — including conservative favorite Megyn Kelly — from the start without getting this much blowback.​

Traister reminds us of the history of many of these Republicans in Congress when it comes to supporting women. I want to zero in on one item from 2011. House Speaker Paul Ryan—who has said he will no longer campaign for Trump because of what he said on that tape—was a sponsor of the “No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act” (H.R. 3) which, in addition to defunding Planned Parenthood, attempted to redefine rape. As background, since 1976, the Hyde Amendment has denied federal funding for abortions—except in the case of rape or incest.

Under H.R. 3, only victims of “forcible rape” would qualify for federally funded abortions. Victims of statutory rape—say, a 13-year-old girl impregnated by a 30-year-old man—would be on their own. So would victims of incest if they’re over 18. And while “forcible rape” isn’t defined in the criminal code, the addition of the adjective seems certain to exclude acts of rape that don’t involve overt violence—say, cases where a woman is drugged or has a limited mental capacity. “It’s basically putting more restrictions on what was defined historically as rape,” says Keenan.​

The distinction here is important to keep in mind: if a woman isn’t “forcibly” raped (whatever that means), she hasn’t really been raped. In other words, “no” doesn’t really mean “no” unless there is force involved. The whole concept of consent goes out the window. That bill received 173 Republican co-sponsors in 2011. Many of the people who condemned Trump’s bragging about sexual assault supported that bill.

Traister zeroes in on the words some of these Republicans used to condemn Trump as a way of demonstrating the connection.

“Women are to be championed and revered,” said Ryan, making women sound like quailing damsels or icy goddesses, but not actual humans. Mitch McConnell expressed his disapproval as “the father of three daughters,” while Pence said in a statement that he was offended “as a husband and a father” and Romney railed that Trump’s comments “demean our wives and daughters.” Here is their apprehension of women: They are discernible as worthy of respect only as extensions of male identity — as wives, daughters, their recognizable subsidiaries.​

This is the classic Madonna view of “our” women (as in the Madonna/Whore Complex). They are possessions to be “championed and revered.” But as we see with their support of H.R.3, when they are defiled, they get no such support. They’re on their own.

Traister does a wonderful job of connecting the dots between these two views of women.

The worldview that Trump has affirmed over and over and over again, during decades in the public eye, is one in which women are show horses, sexual trophies, and baby machines, and, therefore, their agency, consent, and participation don’t matter. Misogyny isn’t always contained within or proven by a single instance of crowing about nonconsensual kissing; it’s communicated via a far larger web of attitudes about women as subsidiary objects, as having solely erotic or aesthetic value, as existing only in relationship to men.​

Sometimes that worldview is expressed by a man who thinks his fame gives him the right to grab a woman by the vagina, but calls for the death penalty when he thinks black men have defiled a white women. Sometimes it is expressed by narrowing the definition of rape. But it also expressed by men who put women on pedestals as possessions to be revered, but robbed of their own agency.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
The implosion has begun.
An implosion would be self contained. What is about to happen will NOT be contained. It is going to get all over all of us, and the dry cleaner wont be able to get it off any of us...

This man is doing and will continue to do things to the America we know and love that will take generations to recover from, assuming we ever can.
I think the whole Trump family trotting out for everyone to see every time Trump has a special occasion looks ridiculous and stupid. He parades them out as if they are a sense of accomplishment for him. A trophy for the world to see.
I have to say it reminds me a little of 4H. My niece used to raise cattle and bring them to show off at the 4H event. After everyone got to oooo and ahhh they would be auctioned off and sold for meat.

If Trump loses, I wonder if that is what he has in mind for the closing event...

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
It’s Alright Ma, Paul Ryan’s Only Bleeding
by Martin Longman
October 11, 2016 11:52 AM

Mike Cernovich is just some dude on Twitter with 125,000 followers, so I don’t want to make more out of this than is warranted, but his email to RNC chairman Reince Priebus does at least demonstrate how disavowing Donald Trump isn’t some panacea that will allow the Republicans to save their majority in the House of Representatives.

To be clear, Cernovich is following his leader. Here are the Tweets Donald Trump sent out this morning.

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
Despite winning the second debate in a landslide (every poll), it is hard to do well when Paul Ryan and others give zero support!

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
Our very weak and ineffective leader, Paul Ryan, had a bad conference call where his members went wild at his disloyalty.

This called immediately to my mind some Bob Dylan lyrics from 1965.

Pointed threats, they bluff with scorn
Suicide remarks are torn
From the fool’s gold mouthpiece the hollow horn
Plays wasted words, proves to warn
That he not busy being born is busy dying

Temptation’s page flies out the door
You follow, find yourself at war
Watch waterfalls of pity roar
You feel to moan but unlike before
You discover that you’d just be one more
Person crying​

We can pity Paul Ryan if we’re so inclined. He finds himself in perhaps the most difficult position of any elected Republican: as Speaker of the House, he needs to try to satisfy everyone, and that’s not even remotely possible in his current situation. But he is far from the only Republican crying.

Meanwhile, Trump and his minions bluff with scorn, issue suicide remarks from their hollow horn, and make clear that the Grand Old Party is busy dying.

The House Democrats have opened up a generic polling lead of seven points, but that lead grows against incumbents:

Fresh internal polls conducted by the DCCC — the House Democrats’ campaign arm — after the second presidential debate on Sunday night painted a grim picture for Republican lawmakers.

They show that Republicans — who started moving en masse against Trump after the revelations in the videotape — faced a backlash regardless of whether they continued to support Trump or not…

…While a generic ballot tests shows a Democrat up by 7 points over any Republican lawmaker, the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee’s poll — conducted nationwide by the Global Strategy Group — shows the Democratic candidate has a 12-point edge if the Republican recently withdrew their support from Trump. If a Republican lawmaker continues to support Trump, the private polling shows they are at a similar 12-point deficit.

“Voters think not standing up to [Trump] and standing with him are the same thing,” said Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee Executive Director Kelly Ward. “Voters blame all Republicans for creating this monster.”

“The only thing limiting us is our own budget and where opportunities exist in the battle field,” Ward said.​

And it’s not only internal Democratic polling that shows this. The NBC/WSJ polling shows it, too.

Trump has plummeted to an 11-point deficit in a four-way matchup, and Democrats lead on the question of which party should control Congress by a seven-point margin, the highest since 2013.

But here’s another wrinkle that further complicates that bleak picture for the GOP: Despite the fact that Trump is now losing by double digits, fully two-thirds of Republicans say that others in their party should stick with the nominee. Just nine percent say that downballot Republicans should renounce their support of Trump, and 14 percent say they should call on Trump to quit. That’s a very, very tough place for Republicans to be right now.​

So, how many people will show up to vote for Trump on election day but, knowing he will lose, will feel inspired to vote against downticket Republicans who criticized or repudiated him? This is different than leaving the ballot line blank or voting for a third party protest candidate, although those actions will hurt as well. Actually casting a vote for the Democrat out of spite, despite opposing them on the merits, creates a double-whammy effect that counts as a two net-vote loss.

There’s also the post-election scenario to consider, where Republican House members who do survive have to immediately begin planning to stave off primary challengers from disgruntled Trumpistas who blame them for delivering a stab in the back.

It’s an ugly, ugly, ugly set of problems for Republican lawmakers.

Some of this was completely foreseeable, but I doubt anyone thought in the first years of the Obama administration that Glenn Beck would be essentially endorsing Hillary Clinton by the end of it. But Beck found out what Dylan was talking about.

For them that must obey authority
That they do not respect in any degree
Who despise their jobs, their destinies
Speak jealously of them that are free
Cultivate their flowers to be
Nothing more than something they invest in

While some on principles baptized
To strict party platform ties
Social clubs in drag disguise
Outsiders they can freely criticize
Tell nothing except who to idolize
And then say God bless him

While one who sings with his tongue on fire
Gargles in the rat race choir
Bent out of shape from society’s pliers
Cares not to come up any higher
But rather get you down in the hole
That he’s in​

So, too, did Erick Erickson. And I’d like to extend my sincere good wishes for his health and the health of his wife. It is a terrifying thing for both parents to be seriously ill when they have young children.

As to the Republican infighting, how bad has it gotten?

Bad enough that now the Trump camp is blaming Paul Ryan for leaking the Access Hollywood tape through his advisor Dan Senor.

Mike Cernovich @Cernovich

@dansenor Writing about #BillyBush tapes, hearing your wife (ex NBC) got a hold of tapes and you pushed the story for your boss. Comment?

If you’re not amazed, you’re not paying attention.

BD9

This cernovich, thing, that @cybrguy's post references is a real piece of ...... I don't know what. Oh yeah, he's also been on the Faux News show RedEye.

Here are some quotes. I apologize for posting them as they're pretty offensive and disgusting.

“Have you guys ever tried ‘raping’ a girl without using force?” he tweeted in August 2012. “Try it. It’s basically impossible. Date rape does not exist.”

More recently, last February, he tweeted: “Not being a slut is the only proven way to avoid AIDS. If you love black women, slut shame them.”

And last month, after five police officers were killed by a sniper during a Black Lives Matter protest in Texas, Cernovich tweeted: “The ‘alt-right’ hasn’t killed anyone, but #BlackLivesMatter regularly slaughters the innocent. Know the real threat. Think! ‪#Dallas.”

Cernovich’s blog, Danger & Play, in which he endorses various conspiracy theories (“The Orlando Shooter Did Not Act Alone”); muses about an “Expert Analysis of Hillary Clinton’s Physical and Mental Breakdown”; slams the “dishonest website called The Daily Beast”; calls out “16 Feminists Who Have Taken Over ‘Conservative’ Media”; and provides helpful hints on how to avoid being convicted of rape (apparently based on Cernovich’s own experience of beating a felony rape charge, by his own account, after a sexual encounter in college).

There are many more most of which are worse, but I feel nauseated posting these, so I'm out.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Since the very beginning Trump has refused to condemn ANY of the people supporting him, including the likes of David Duke and his most virulent followers. He has actively sought the support of the Alex Jones' in the world, along with (obviously) the Briebart crowd and all the alt right purveyors of garbage. The sleazier and more disturbing their rhetoric, the more Trump seems to like them. I can only imagine the kind of people who would fill his cabinet.

I think the idea that Glen Beck sees him as a bridge too far should make it clear that voting for Donald Trump is a kind of moral suicide that may be just as difficult to recover from...

Edit: I wanted to clarify that I don't consider Beck some kind of moral compass. Instead I see him as an alt right extremist, and my point is that if HE sees Trump are too far right and unacceptable than he must be an order of magnitude uglier.

Last edited:

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I love the fact that the repubs created Trumpenstien .......

If they back Trumpenstien they will lose some of their base that has a brain and a conscience. If they won't back their own monster they will lose some of their base that has no brain or conscience. Damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Thanks Trumpenstein! I love it when he turns on the repubs who deny him.

K.A.R.M.A = Keeping A Republican Monster Around

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I only love it now, because it is becoming clear that he can't win. I wasn't loving it much when I thought he could... :(

Exactly! Same here.

There is something supernatural about Trumpenstien that had me worried too and to be honest...still does......but it's starting to look like the town folk's pitchforks and torches may be working. Of course it helps that he hands them the pitchfork and lights the torches for them.

It's starting to look like the only way HRC loses is if she causes it herself.

EDIT: I dislike Trump's abusive personality .....except when he points it at the Republicans. Glad they didn't see his ability to eat his own before it was too late.

Tranquility

There is something supernatural about Trumpenstien that had me worried too and to be honest...still does......but it's starting to look like the town folk's pitchforks and torches may be working. Of course it helps that he hands them the pitchfork and lights the torches for them.
We can't use the pitchforks on Trump, when the real danger remains:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/the-perilous-whiteness-of-pumpkins/article32293466/
“Starbucks PSLs are products of coffee shop culture, with its gendered and racial codes,” it warns. They make up just one part of the “pumpkin entertainment complex, whose multiple manifestations continue the entanglements of pumpkins, social capital, race, and place.”

Beware the PEC!

(For those who like to make fun of studies, there is a Twitter feed at https://twitter.com/realpeerreview )

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Here ya go, now we're gettin somewhere... :rofl:

Maine’s LePage wants Trump to show ‘authoritarian power’
10/11/16 04:24 PM

By Steve Benen
Maine Gov. Paul LePage (R) almost went a whole month without generating national headlines for using outrageous rhetoric. Alas, he didn’t quite reach the milestone. NBC News reported this afternoon:

Maine Gov. Paul LePage, famous for his controversial statements, said Tuesday morning “we need a Donald Trump to show some authoritarian power in our country” – while also criticizing President Obama for being what he described as an “autocrat.”

“Sometimes I wonder that our Constitution is not only broken,” LePage told radio station WVOM, “but we need a Donald Trump to show some authoritarian power in our country and bring back the rule of law because we’ve had eight years of a president – he’s an autocrat, he just does it on his own, he ignores Congress and every single day, we’re slipping into anarchy.”
As the Portland Press Herald’s report added, the beleaguered governor went on to say he seems himself as a member of the Republican Party “that is different than the people that claim to be Republicans that are out there shooting their mouth off.”

Because clearly, if there’s one thing that offends Paul LePage, it’s people who are “out there shooting their mouth off.”

But do take a moment to appreciate just how ridiculous the Maine governor’s comments are, because it’s a rare to see a quote from an elected official that eats its own tail quite as dramatically as this.

LePage starts by saying he wants Trump “to show some authoritarian power,” which is obviously antithetical to our system of government at the most basic of levels. The governor then endorses “the rule of law,” which pretty directly contradicts the call for “authoritarian power” he mentioned just seconds earlier.

Then, note how the governor, moment after calling for a chief executive to show “authoritarian power,” complains that President Obama operates independently too much, which in turn has pushed the United States towards “anarchy.”

Which, evidently, the Tea Party Republican thinks is bad, unless Trump is doing it.

It would appear Paul LePage doesn’t know the meaning of some of the words he’s using, but rest assured, he’s definitely not out there shooting his mouth off.

grokit

well-worn member
Here's a few of the latest bombshells from the Podesta email leaks,
revealing STUNNING media collusion with the Clinton campaign:

:cool:
Unethical links between CNBC and Clinton campaign:
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-10-10/ema...

Damning Bernie Sanders info leaked to the Clinton campaign by DNC chief Donna Brazile:
http://observer.com/2016/10/breaking-dnc-chi...

NYT gave Hillary Clinton VETO POWER on all quotes
(the paper confirms everything with Hillary before printing it):
http://www.lifezette.com/polizette/new-york-...

NYT busted giving questions to Bill Clinton ahead of time:
http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-r...

CNN rigged post-debate focus group to "coach" the answers for Hillary:
http://dailycaller.com/2016/10/10/cnn-possib...

Multiple media organizations were ordered to "destroy Trump":
http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/10/10/oreill...

NYT / CNBC John Harwood was debate moderator and also a Clinton campaign advisor:
http://dailycaller.com/2016/10/11/nytcnbcs-j...

Boston Globe coordinated with Hillary's campaign to "maximize her presence":
http://dailycaller.com/2016/10/11/emails-bos...

Hillary Clinton pays an army of online trolls to promote her (and attack Natural News):
http://stream.org/astroturf-outrage-machine-...

Hillary Clinton cued on when to :) during debates:
http://heatst.com/politics/wikileaks-hillary...

:myday:

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
And THIS isn't very meaningful, but it is kinda fun. I missed this when it first was released so I'm sorry for those who have seen it.

Carly Simon has FINALLY allowed her signature song to be used in a political ad.

Thank you Carly. I only noticed one word that has been changed. Can you guess which one? :lol:

CarolKing

At a rally tonight, GOP nominee Donald Trump seemed not to know when voting day is.

For the record, we are voting on November 8 this year. Trump telling his fans to vote on the 28th

Maybe Mr Trump needs a good nights sleep? Who could survive on 4 or 5 hours of sleep every night? That's probably a lie too. He seems to be a habitual liar along with other repugnant attributes. Its hard to believe he's gotten so far. This man is too Hittleresque not Reagenesque. What's wrong with this republican off shoot - just hate and blame.

This is not the first time Trump has gotten his dates wrong. He once referred to the September 11 terrorist attacks as “7/11.”

Still, he is wrong. We are definitely voting on the 8th. Another 20 days would surely be too much to bear.

Last edited:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
From an article in Politico:

"Clinton mentioned in Sunday’s debate that she is committed to appointing justices who will uphold Roe as the law of the land. Trump has put forward a list of conservative justices that satisfy the desires of the evangelical electorate, justices who would, given the chance, overturn Roe v. Wade."

For me, this is the crux of the election.

Last edited:

CarolKing

Interesting we haven't seen Trump trying to get the Black votes or the Hispanic vote here lately. Has he given up because it's a lost cause? Is this man dillusiinal? You can't win without the minority's vote. Also the vote of educated white women.

I can't believe some women that are still going to vote for Trump? Nobody that I know but what I see on CNN or MSNBC. I do occasionally watch Fox but only because I'm wondering how they are covering Trump. Friday night even Fox News was having a hard time explaining The Donald.

I'm hoping each week something comes out regarding trying to explain the unexplainable with Mr. Trump. I watched KellyAnn Conway last night trying to do just that with Anderson Cooper. Anderson is just too good.

Edit
The right for women to choose to have a baby or not is an important issue with me. The Supreme Court will be deciding on that plus many other laws that I don't want repealed such as gay rights.

Global warming is a huge issue too. Places in our country are having all these 500 year floods every few years or so. Big hurricanes and tornadoes too. The weather is changing. The republicans want to continue dirty fossil fuels to run America.

Last edited:
Top Bottom