The 2016 Presidential Candidates Thread

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
76a6c0c7f7d2d845ca52cc50c4bb8e6b.png

Watch out!!!!! he'll eat you with a fork and Knife.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Ever since Trump's PussyGate (or is that PussyGrope) I've been hearing more and more, that democrats may eventually have a shot at a majority in the House and Senate..........

Never thought I'd say this but 'Go Trump, Go'!!!! I just puked in my mouth a little......

grokit

well-worn member
:rofl:
Can you imagine drumpf running the show with a democratic congress in place?

I can. It would be a whole new kind of gridlock!

:myday:

grokit,
Reactions: steama

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
KellyAnn Conway has gone off the cliff. Two months ago she sounded somewhat sane. She acts as if she has chosen to drink the kool aid like the rest of the nut jobs that have surrounded themselves with this idiot. These professional that have attached themselves to the Trump bandwagon are really risking their careers and reputations IMO.

Trump is a desperate man so anything is possible as to what comes out of his mouth. He's going further over the top. It's getting pretty scary, he and he alone is his worst enemy. For everyone that's going along with Trump it is pure stupidity.

Last edited:

gangababa

Trump's chief strategists (Bannon et al) and Trump's chief supporters (white men without wisdom) are all in to take back America, from the most feared, longest demonized portion of the humanity of USA (us all).

Women. The one demographic that the Republicans had not yet publicly targeted for voter suppression.

However, the Trumpian call to repeal the 19th amendment movement has begun.

Look at the maps below. Can there be any greater evidence of the effects of subjectivity.
Both men and women live in the same objective world (including the objective truth of gender difference and the distresses of sexism).
How can the future of our country be seen in such starkly contrasting visions?
How can this be; it seems that one or both points of view, or all of USA are trapped in alternate realities. Lots of 'someone' is not seeing or not acting for the greater good.

Whose reality will win out?
Will it be the dystopian future of Fuhrer Trump, promising to jail political opponents, and return women again to personal possessions?

Here is the fivethirtyeight.com map showing the electoral vote if women are returned to their Trump objectified place and only men vote.
silver-electionupdate-menvoted.png

Here is the fivethirtyeight.com map showing the electoral vote if only women were voting.
silver-electionupdate-womenvoted.png

Trump Camp Touts What-If-Only-Men-Voted Map As Evidence Of Momentum

lwien

Donald Trump's Poll Denialism

"With Hillary Clinton extending her lead nationwide and in key battleground states, Trump is toying with what might be called "poll denialism," giving his supporters license to dismiss the discouraging data.

"Even the polls are crooked," he said at a Monday night rally, expressing disbelief that he is losing to Clinton in Pennsylvania. "Look, we're in a rigged system."

Trump has only topped Clinton in one scientifically conducted poll in Pennsylvania since it became clear he would be the GOP's nominee back in April, while Clinton has been in the lead in 18 of them. In the most recent polls, Clinton holds a double-digit lead there.

On Tuesday when Bill O'Reilly told him that "you're behind with women," Trump responded, "I'm not sure I believe it. I'm not sure I believe it."

Nearly every national poll finds Clinton well ahead among women, and she holds a 17-point lead among women in the most recent national polling on the race from NBC and the Wall Street Journal."
http://money.cnn.com/2016/10/12/media/donald-trump-polls/index.html

Of course, when the polls had him leading, all he was doing was telling everyone how great the polls were. It's amazing that his supporters are incapable of recognizing that.............or just about anything else.

lwien

As is yours :)

No it's not.

"Now, as living standards decline amid Russia’s longest recession in two decades, Putin’s approval rating is falling, down to 80 percent this month. That's its lowest level in two years (and one that other global leaders can only dream of achieving) and it could go lower with discontent in the provinces that are the bedrock of Putin’s support."
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-05-26/putin-s-approval-rating-is-down-to-80

"Vladimir Putin’s approval rating is at record levels, with nine out of 10 Russians saying they have a positive view of their president. Putin had an approval of 87% in July, and an all-time high of 89% in June........"
https://www.theguardian.com/world/d...dimir-putins-approval-rating-at-record-levels

I can quote many other sources. Are those sources suspect? I guess in the whole scheme of things, everything about anything is suspect.

But please understand, I'm not suggesting that what your Russian friends have told you is not true.........for them. But like I said, such is the danger of anecdotal evidence. It would be like someone from Russia coming to the USA and interviewing a few people who said that they loved Trump and then going back to Russia and telling their friends that everyone in the USA loves Trump, eh?

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
No it's not.

"Now, as living standards decline amid Russia’s longest recession in two decades, Putin’s approval rating is falling, down to 80 percent this month. That's its lowest level in two years (and one that other global leaders can only dream of achieving) and it could go lower with discontent in the provinces that are the bedrock of Putin’s support."
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-05-26/putin-s-approval-rating-is-down-to-80

"Vladimir Putin’s approval rating is at record levels, with nine out of 10 Russians saying they have a positive view of their president. Putin had an approval of 87% in July, and an all-time high of 89% in June........"
https://www.theguardian.com/world/d...dimir-putins-approval-rating-at-record-levels

I can quote many other sources. Are those sources suspect? I guess in the whole scheme of things, everything about anything is suspect.

But please understand, I'm not suggesting that what your Russian friends have told you is not true.........for them. But like I said, such is the danger of anecdotal evidence. It would be like someone from Russia coming to the USA and interviewing a few people who said that they loved Trump and then going back to Russia and telling their friends that everyone in the USA loves Trump, eh?
I would tend to trust the anecdotal evidence over the so-called authoritative evidence in 9 out of 10 whatever... private citizen sources without outside source interests IME are the least tainted of all and give the most accurate pulse reading. The silent anecdotal majorities almost always represent the unadulterated TRUTH.

Last edited:

lwien

I would tend to trust the anecdotal evidence over the so-called authoritative evidence in 9 out of 10 whatever... private citizen sources IME are the least tainted of all and give the most accurate pulse reading. The silent anecdotal majorities almost always represent the unadulterated TRUTH.

Anecdotal majorities? Snappo, he's talking about the view of a few of his friends.

Snappo

Accessory Maker
@lwien - I'll bet ya that if he took a much larger population poll (friends and their friends & their friends, Russia-wide...), in private & outside of earshot of the unspoken Putin assassins, the silent majority would pop like a MAJOR volcanic eruption.

Snappo,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

lwien

@lwien - I'll bet ya that if he took a much larger population poll (friends and their friends & their friends, Russia-wide...), in private & outside of earshot of the unspoken Putin assassins, the silent majority would pop like a MAJOR volcanic eruption.

And you base that on.....???

lwien,

lwien

My opinion... and my personal experience in life on how things work.

See, here's the problem that, and I'll relate it back to Trump supporters. If you ask them why they think what they think is true, they could very well come up with the exact same answer that you just did. Does that make them right?

One's personal experience in life on how things work is ALWAYS filtered through ones perception of how things are and therein lies the problem with anecdotal evidence.

Snappo

Accessory Maker
See, here's the problem that, and I'll relate it back to Trump supporters. If you ask them why they think what they think is true, they could very well come up with the exact same answer that you just did. Does that make them right?

One's personal experience in life on how things work is ALWAYS filtered through ones perception of how things are and therein lies the problem with anecdotal evidence.
I will not have an issue with you, @lwien, but frankly I don't give a rat's rip whether my opinion or comment gains favor with anyone... it stands where I leave it - I'm here and then I'm gone, for whatever it's been worth. Anyone here care to go live in Russia under Putin??? Yah, we have so many free will choices, they don't.

Last edited:
Snappo,

lwien

Anyone here care to go live in Russia under Putin??? Yah, we have so many free will choices, they don't.

Lots of people moving there:

According to UN Population Division estimates, as of 2013, the Russian Federation was second only to the United States in the sheer number of immigrants.

And this is kinda interesting. Pro's and con's of moving to Russia: http://www.expatarrivals.com/russia/moscow/pros-and-cons-of-moving-to-moscow

Russia is no longer the USSR. Some things have remained the same, but lots has changed as well.

Russian propaganda against the US is alive and well. So is US propaganda against Russia. We just have to read between the lines and try to search out the truth.

Snappo

Accessory Maker
Lots of people moving there:
Russia is no longer the USSR. We just have to read between the lines and try to search out the truth.
Therein lies the basis of my opinionated POINT - I have posited that the TRUTH for which we search is found in the anecdotal real life accounts of the people, and not from the statistical clinicians and all-too-varied media talking heads.

Snappo,
Top Bottom