The 2016 Presidential Candidates Thread

lwien

b66ba145bc798258af2de325057e1311f82090a9.jpg
Man that photo always creeps me out.
This one's even more creepy:
mRj0iG3.jpg

grokit

well-worn member
^ He's a predator in the jungles of what we call civilization.
Like any bully, drumpf would never make it in a real jungle :nope:

:cool:
Some recent youtuber commentary:
  • When our only choices seem to be boiled down between an Idiot and Sociopath, you have to wonder if there really is any choice anymore. Problem is you can't tell which is which.
  • Its all bullshit folks.
  • Do you know that people died so you can vote? It hurts to say this, but they died for NOTHING
  • Fuck Trump and Hillary supporters.
  • fuck the 2016 election it's my first year I get to vote count me out
  • It's a "choice" between cancer and ebola in 2016.
  • I was going to register until I realized I hate both of these people and my vote doesn't matter.
:rofl:
:myday:

Last edited:

Papa Woody

"The vapor is strong with this one"-Obi Onda Woody
It's stuff like this that makes me think that they are equivocal criminals. That the giant douche is a sleazeball is not news, except to perhaps the most naive. But the turd sandwich is a lying murdering war criminal; the evidence is on display of how she holds the american people, including her supporters, in such contempt that she just tells them what they want to hear about her policies while doing the complete fucking opposite.

After much consideration, I really don't give a shit who wins this election. They both suck :disgust:

edit: Sanders supporters seethe over Clinton's leaked remarks to Wall St.

I think your choice is the turd sandwich or the turd sandwich with cheese...

gangababa

There are those among USA (us all) whose ambition is to make a world of difference, and also there exists the slime and muck that always follows in the wake of our better humanity.

To be among those who see both major parties and their current representatives as non-different, is to be truly suffering from the cataracts of ignorance and the shackles of self-righteousness.

I dare any Christian Republican to justify his/er alignment with the current Republican Party without denying (thereby) their surrender to Jesus.
I dare any Christian to try to convert me.
The evangelical Republicans among USA are such hypocrites and followers of Caesar, not Jesus. Sad! Such poor representatives of a great teacher and Divine revelation.

Last edited:

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
It worked for fdr in wartime, and given the right circumstances it can work again now :2c:

President Obama informed Congress he was extending another Bush-era emergency for another year, saying "widespread violence and atrocities" in the Democratic Republic of Congo "pose an unusual and extraordinary threat to the foreign policy of the United States."

"Those emergencies, declared by the president by proclamation or executive order, give the president extraordinary powers. What the National Emergencies Act does is like a toggle switch, and when the president flips it, he gets new powers. It's like a magic wand."

An amendment was passed AFTER FDR, AGAINST more than two terms, BECAUSE OF FDR's POPULARITY. They DID NOT "get around it" FOR him...and they won't "get around it" for Obama.

BD9

If tonight's debate were paint, it would be high gloss. He glossed over his sexist comments and she glossed over her emails.
I think he stopped the bleeding and emboldened his base. She was, well, she was Hillary. She showed up.
I have never seen anything like this before in American politics and I'm disgusted. We deserve better.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I think the debate was pretty much a wash. He probably reassured his base enough that the party won't be able to throw him out so that is really pretty good for Hillary (good point from Van Jones). If she had destroyed him she might have ended up having to run against Pence...

He got no new votes. He didn't satisfy anyone angry about his tape. He doesn't look any more competent. He threw his VP candidate under the bus. He threatened to prosecute Hillary if he wins. He tried to intimidate Hillary by standing behind her.

He needed to do much better than he did.

BD9

I watch the debates on my local PBS station. Tonight before the debate there was an episode of the PBS show Frontline called The Choice 2016. Very revealing. I recommend watching

Frontline

Here's a trailer:

Looks like trumps panel of accusers were paid to support trump.

Accusers

A sexual-assault victim who is critical of Hillary Clinton and who appeared alongside Donald Trump before Sunday night's debate was paid $2,500 by a political action committee founded by Trump ally Roger Stone.

Earlier this year, Stone sought to raise money to pay off the mortgage of Kathleen Willey, who accused Bill Clinton of making unwanted sexual advances toward her during her time as a volunteer in his White House in the 1990s. Stone claimed in an online video interview that Trump had personally contributed to the fund.

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Kellyanne Conway is starting to give me that Katrina Pearson feeling. I haven't found it yet, but I keep reachin for the mute button.

I bet she doesn't love her job about now.

Is it related to Helsinki syndrome?

cybrguy,
Reactions: steama

BD9

Fact checking the second debate:

Click here for facts

Trump: "I watch what's happening with some horrible things like Obamacare, where your health insurance and health care is going up by numbers that are astronomical, 68 percent, 59 percent, 71 percent."

Trump previously floated rates of 35 to 55 percent. We rated that Half True. Some insurance plans in the federal exchange will see price hikes at the levels that Trump had previously suggested. But he was cherry-picking the high end of premium changes to come. Estimates for the national average are far below Trump’s figures, ranging from 4.4 percent to 13 percent.

Clinton: "There is no evidence that any classified information ended up in the wrong hands."

There’s no evidence that anyone successfully hacked Clinton’s email servers, but they certainly were not impervious to attack. It’s possible that a sophisticated hacker gained access but left no trace. Read our fact-sheet on the Clinton email controversy.

Tranquility

Most trump supporters are saying sales of 50 Shades of Grey prove there was nothing wrong with trump's comments and those comments are acceptable. They also are saying that actions speak louder than words, an obvious slam of Bill Clinton.
But Bill is not running for president and 50 Shades was fiction.
Here's some 'action' for those supporters:

Just last week, yet another “Jane Doe” filed a suit in New York accusing Epstein and Donald Trump of raping her at a series of sex parties when she was only 13.

SNOPES

trump claims that epstein was a great guy and fun to be around. epstein is a convicted pedophile and has 'settled' many other alleged cases of child rape.

This should be taken seriously, I bd9, did some checking before I posted this. It looks to be credible.
The CA lawsuit is a pro per lawsuit that obviously has attorney ghostwriting. It was dismissed with the plaintiff being assessed costs. The NY lawsuit is fairly generally written for a complaint (As might be expected after 22 years.). I recognize the standard for dismissal is merely a short and plain statement. It is just that complex lawsuits like this require more than a bald-faced pleading. It also has a major issue in regards to the statute of limitations. Basically, the statute should be tolled because Trump (allegedly) threatened her so badly she lost her free will until today. They may have to fluff up a little the prayer for damages. To get diversity, many try to put down an unsupported claim for over $75K. Depending on the judge, they may have to have to make some offer of proof to put the amount over. Suing both at the same time might be a little problem up front, but the plaintiff is alleged to have diaries to differentiate timings and injury so that problem may go away if it gets to trial.

It is wonderful agitprop that I predict is dropped after after election. The powers behind the complaint will leave and the poor woman will will be out all alone against a bully the powers behind no longer cares about and a pedophile the powers that be will no longer want to talk about as a lot of the later stories include Bill. When you see the results behind the crash and burn of her life, know the "I'm with her" crowd got her involved.

That's not to say that Trump is not guilty. He has said enough crude things to have you believe he is just the kind of guy who would do such things. When Epstien's name is attached, people believe it even more. (He is scum of the highest caliber. Those who say bad things of Trump should keep a little powder dry for the POS Epstien who is the poster boy of the evils of the 1%.) You can use any facts you like to make your opinion. If you use this one, I bet you're just dancing at the end of the string of the puppeteers.

lwien

(CNN)House Speaker Paul Ryan told fellow Republicans Monday he will no longer defend GOP nominee Donald Trump and will instead use the next 29 days to focus on preserving his party's hold on Congress.

"The speaker is going to spend the next month focused entirely on protecting our congressional majorities," Ryan's spokeswoman, AshLee Strong, said in a statement.

In a conference call with members Monday morning, Ryan told members "you all need to do what's best for you and your district," according to someone who listened to the meeting.

"He will spend his entire energy making sure that Hillary Clinton does not get a blank check with a Democrat-controlled Congress," said the person on the call — an implied acknowledgment that Donald Trump no longer appears able to capture the White House.

Top Bottom