The 2016 Presidential Candidates Thread

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I don't get it.....he has recently Trumpeted a truckload of derogatory statements that touched on every demographic, including those who drool when saying his name. None of it got the reaction that something he said over a decade ago has.

Was it the content of that 2005 video alone? Was it the accumulation of recent bat shit statements plus the 2005 recording that finally tipped the 'that's too far' scale? It can't be just derogatory, vulgar comments about women because he filled that quota before the video came out.

Whatever it was....thank goodness for it.

There have been recommendations that he should quit and let Pence take it from here. I say...Hell No! That could turn this into a real race and that's the last thing I want to see happen.

Trump may take off the gloves in the next debate and double down on aggression and borderline statements since trying to be 'presidential' is HRC's game and he knows he can't beat her at it. This makes the debate on Sunday must see T.V. for even the most uninterested political voyeur.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I don't get it.....he has recently Trumpeted a truckload of derogatory statements that touched on every demographic, including those who drool when saying his name. None of it got the reaction that something he said over a decade ago has.

Was it the content of that 2005 video alone? Was it the accumulation of recent bat shit statements plus the 2005 recording that finally tipped the 'that's too far' scale? It can't be just derogatory, vulgar comments about women because he filled that quota before the video came out.

Whatever it was....thank goodness for it.

There have been recommendations that he should quit and let Pence take it from here. I say...Hell No! That could turn this into a real race and that's the last thing I want to see happen.

Trump may take off the gloves in the next debate and double down on aggression and borderline statements since trying to be 'presidential' is HRC's game and he knows he can't beat her at it. This makes the debate on Sunday must see T.V. for even the most uninterested political voyeur.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

grokit

well-worn member
Was it the accumulation of recent bat shit statements plus the 2005 recording that finally tipped the 'that's too far' scale?
I agree, that it was the accumulated fatigue of crass negativity that led to this single faux pas being the straw that broke the camel's back. It's had an impact on this race, and it might be unrecoverable.

In today's news, even his running mate has doubled-down his recent criticism of drumpf :rofl:

Mike Pence 'Offended' By Donald Trump's Lewd Remarks About Women
"I do not condone his remarks and cannot defend them."

57f9262d1b0000e218ef5877.jpeg

Indiana Gov. Mike Pence, the Republican vice presidential nominee, released a statement Saturday denouncing lewd comments Donald Trump made about women in 2005, saying he “cannot defend them.”

“As a husband and father, I was offended by the words and actions described by Donald Trump in the eleven-year-old video released yesterday. I do not condone his remarks and cannot defend them,” Pence said in a statement. “I am grateful that he has expressed remorse and apologized to the American people. We pray for his family and look forward to the opportunity he has to show what is in his heart when he goes before the nation tomorrow night.”

The Washington Post published the footage of Trump on Friday. In it, Trump talks about trying to have sex with married women and being able to grab women “by the pussy” because of his fame.

After the recording was released, Trump was dropped from a Saturday event in Wisconsin with House Speaker Paul Ryan (R). Pence was scheduled to take his place, but the governor decided on Saturday that he also would not attend the event.

After first issuing a nonapology and calling his comments “locker room talk,” Trump released a video saying he “was wrong” to have said what he did. He also vowed he would “never” drop out of the presidential race.

A slew of Republicans rescinded their support for Trump over the comments, but several top members of the party ― including Ryan ― haven’t actually withdrawn their endorsements of the presidential nominee.

:myday:

Last edited:

gangababa

Melania has now made a statement.

Remember in May, when Ivanka made a statement saying, My father is not a groper.
So sad to be saddled with the karma of Trumps presence., let alone parentage.

Margaret and Helen

Best Friends for Sixty Years and Counting…

"Margaret, Melania Trump is speechless at this point because Michelle Obama has never had to respond to an Obama infidelity. And Donald is now speechless because if Hillary is responsible for Bill’s infidelity then Melania no longer qualifies to be First Lady."

Added edit: Meanwhile those foxy loving folk at Faux news are warning their friends about the news of danger from Matthew and Clinton.

Last edited:
gangababa,
Reactions: ataxian

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
The President would likely beat either one in a 2 person race, but unless Trump got less than 30% (or so) of the vote, in a 3way race POTUS and Hillary would split what remained and give it to Trump.

cybrguy,
Reactions: ataxian

grokit

well-worn member
Before this last gaffe maybe. But drumpf just took a big dive, who knows how deep he will sink. He may never come up for air and killary's really unpopular, I think obama would take most of her votes.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I suppose it's possible, but since the constitution prevents it it is all kinda moot.

The good news (for most of us anyway) is that Donald has seriously screwed the pooch this time. It is a little bizarre that it is from 11 years ago, but I'll take it. :)

grokit

well-worn member
I suppose it's possible, but since the constitution prevents it it is all kinda moot.
It worked for fdr in wartime, and given the right circumstances it can work again now :2c:

President Obama informed Congress he was extending another Bush-era emergency for another year, saying "widespread violence and atrocities" in the Democratic Republic of Congo "pose an unusual and extraordinary threat to the foreign policy of the United States."

"Those emergencies, declared by the president by proclamation or executive order, give the president extraordinary powers. What the National Emergencies Act does is like a toggle switch, and when the president flips it, he gets new powers. It's like a magic wand."

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
"Those emergencies, declared by the president by proclamation or executive order, give the president extraordinary powers. What the National Emergencies Act does is like a toggle switch, and when the president flips it, he gets new powers. It's like a magic wand."
What they don't do is allow the President to ignore the Constitution.

cybrguy,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I can't read that because it is behind the paywall, but I have a pretty good idea of what it likely says. Let me just suggest that a POTUS trying to extend his presidency by executive action is likely to run into a few folks who might object.

That being said, if you can work it out I'm game. :clap:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Fox News has been perplexed at how to cover this clusterfuck. They are saying there's never been any equivalent in history. The subtitle says "Fallout over Trump's Hot - Mic Comments". Really? A little more than a hot mike comments, they are trying to underplay it. CNN subtitled at the bottom says "Trump's Lewd Comments About Women" which makes this adequately titled.

Each state should take Trump off the ballot. Im sure that would cost a fortune. Ballots are already printed.

Maybe Trump won't show up to the debate Sunday?:tup:

It could just be an "Evening With Hillary."

Edit
John McCain just withdrew his endorsement. He's calling it boasting about sexual assaults. Finally!

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I put a pressure helmet on and went over there (FOX) for a couple hours. They've got nothin, and they know it. Many are just as upset as the rest of us. While a few obviously want to pretend it is no big deal, they know better.

I meant to say this before. I watch a lot of CNN, and one of the republican talking heads is Anna Navarro a very sharp Hispanic woman. There are many things I disagree with her on, obviously, but she is like my hero as regards Donald Trump. She is not at all hesitant to say exactly what she thinks, and on the asshole at the top we think very similarly. But it is easy for me as a Democrat to say those things, and it takes a lot more stones for her.

I am very impressed by her.

And, btw, boy is she pissed!

Last edited:

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I actually saw a Trump supporter interviewed on Faux news who when asked about the 2005 tape kept pivoting with the 'But Clinton' tag line and was interrupted with 'We're going to be discussing HRC specifically a little later. In the meantime could you respond to the Trump question'. I had to do a channel check.......

Then there's Bill Clinton's statement that Obamacare is a 'Crazy' system. Some have speculated that this was intentional because they needed to lay the foundation that they are aware it is failing fast and this opens the door to the 'But we have a solution' discussion. Not sure if it was intentional or if Bill's muzzle wasn't tight enough. For sure this will be brought up Sunday with respect to HRC's Obama-Carry-Forward campaign and I can't wait for that one. Would be great if the question were phrased as "Were you surprised when your husband TOLD THE TRUTH about Obamacare and how would you fix it"?

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I actually saw a Trump supporter interviewed on Faux news who when asked about the 2005 tape kept pivoting with the 'But Clinton' tag line and was interrupted with 'We're going to be discussing HRC specifically a little later. In the meantime could you respond to the Trump question'. I had to do a channel check.......
I was watching when that happened. It surprised me. It is the salience of this Trump fiasco that makes that possible, I think... ;)

lwien

And, btw, boy is she pissed!

Did ya see her last night with Don Lemon. She just went ballistic on Scottie Nell Hughes? Navarro was sooo upset that she couldn't return to the roundtable after the break.

As crazy as this election has been, it's provided some great TV. I wonder if Trump offers hazardous duty pay to his surrogates?

Check it out and watch it all the way through....

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Did ya see her last night with Don Lemon. She just went ballistic on Scottie Nell Hughes? Navarro was sooo upset that she couldn't return to the roundtable after the break.

Check it out....

Yep, loved it. Like I say, my hero.

I hope these Trumpettes are getting paid as they go rather than hoping to get a payoff at the end...

Last edited:
Top Bottom