The 2016 Presidential Candidates Thread

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
To know Johnson, just read the party platform. It is a K0CHsucker wet dream.

Bernie is traveling and helping progressives across the land while telling his supporters that Hillary is the right person to be president.

Silat

Silat,

Silat

You are under the assumption that only the government is the answer. That's a false premise.
Some of us believe in society and some of you do not.
Every person for themselves with the deluded concept that everyone will be non-violent is the libertarian dream.

Silat,

Silat

I think relying on the government is the exact opposite of believing in society. You argue against yourself on that one.

Then you would be wrong.
Libertarian = believer in anarchy

Silat,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
@yogoshio take it to the PM. This has turned into a personal conversation.

Or better yet start a Liberatarian thread in the lounge. That seems to be your goal here.

Edit
Being a libertarian seems to be your goal, maybe I'm way out of line. I thought having a thread to discuss it would give you more opportunity. It's not meant to hurt your feelings. Feel free to discuss the presidential election.

McCain Slams Trump: GOP Nom Isn't Blank Check To 'Defame' War ...

Now the VFW wants Trump to apologize.

Edit again
I think a lot of people are confused about the libertarian party. A lot of misconceptions floating out there. There seems to be variations I've noticed.

I think I am a liberal, a progressive one at that.

Last edited:

yogoshio

Annoying Libertarian
My goal was to discuss the Presidential race and the candidates and their policies. I have been doing that, just clarifying what it is people assume I believe, or clear up misconceptions.

If this was a place for people just to agree, then I'll leave, cause its obvious I'm not in that group lol.

Bdubbdiblets

Jebs top advisor..well respected in the GOP just switched to independent saying she'll drop one in hill dogs bucket if the Florida race is close..

Mccain also spoke out at Trump saying he does not represent the GOP.

Oddly enough it calms me knowing there are some level headed repubs out there..

Maybe Trumps mouth really will sink him..:shrug:

Bdubbdiblets

If this was a place for people just to agree, then I'll leave, cause its obvious I'm not in that group lol.

Now if we banned a whole party wouldn't we be no better than the Don man himself...:hmm:

The differing opinions are what make this thread fun imo (just like differing vape opinions...:spliff:) keep on keepin it real Yogo! Even tho I don't wholly agree I dig ur perspectives...like a fresh hit of some indica when I've been breathing sativa all day. :whip:Besides the dems may not even need ur vote if trump keeps twitting or tweeting whatever the yutes call it!!:cheers:

ReggieB

I saw the libertarian convention on cnn the other day, now I totally understand why yogi has constantly attacked dems/repubs, there's not much you can do to defend the libs.

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
To know Johnson, just read the party platform. It is a K0CHsucker wet dream.

Bernie is traveling and helping progressives across the land while telling his supporters that Hillary is the right person to be president.
Not a fan of the Koch brothers influence in every election. But, I wouldn't be quick to paint it with a wide brush. There is differences within that party and they do elections to choose a candidate as well. When Ron Paul was running in the RNC. There was another candidate elected within the Libertarian party. Congressman Brett Barr who resembles a Koch's wet dream more than Paul or Johnson. Johnson was also a candidate that election year. It just didn't catch most people's radar.

We have come to the point where there is more than difference between any two candidates of any party.

One example. There is left leaning and right leaning libs. Gary Johnson is pro-choice where Ron Paul is pro-life with laws being on the state level. Many Libertarians will openly disagree on certain points against other. There isn't the brand loyalty that is/was part of the two party system. Frankly the concept of political parties has been redefined and scrutinized this election.

Nobody seems surprised that there is more than two platforms in the DNC. It isn't that unusual that even a small party can cover a range of opinions but still keep the unity within a larger party.

lwien

New CNN poll just came out about 5 minutes ago.....

In a two-way head-to-head matchup, Clinton tops Trump 52% to 43%, and in a four-way matchup including third party candidates Gary Johnson and Jill Stein, Clinton leads 45% to 37% with Johnson at 9% and Stein at 5%.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/01/polit...ntial-polls-election-2016/index.html?adkey=bn

Dats a pretty healthy lead, 9 point lead between 'em and when you add Johnson and Stein, she still has a healthy 8 point lead. :tup:

On to the debates.........:popcorn:

Edit: btw, that post convention bounce that Hillary got was the largest post-convention bounce of any candidate since 2000.

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Anyone want to bet that Trump won't try to avoid debating? Ill take even money for now... ;)

cybrguy,
Reactions: Silat

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Right. My bet is he WILL try to avoid. I need a better who thinks he is gonna cooperate. I don't really expect to get one... ;)

(I get the double negative thing if that is what you meant...)

cybrguy,
Reactions: lwien

CarolKing

I thought the libratarian Party convention is this week? I just checked they had it May 26 - May 30th.

Trump will try to weasel out. They should accommodate him about the date so he doesn't have anything to complain about.

Edit
The Liberatarians are having a Town Hall Meeting on CNN Wednedsay. I edited the part above when I checked about the date of their convention.

Last edited:

lwien

Right. My bet is he WILL try to avoid. I need a better who thinks he is gonna cooperate. I don't really expect to get one... ;)

(I get the double negative thing if that is what you meant...)

Yeah, that's what I meant.

And yeah, he's already trying to weasel out of stating that the dates coincide with the NFL games.

CarolKing

Breaking news!! Warren Buffet just said he would show his taxes and he is under audit too. He challenged Trump to show his. Love it!! Trump is a drama queen he will start attacking Warren Buffet.
I doubt Trump will apologize to Mr and Mrs. Khan.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
So, the New York Post, that bastion of deep thinking, has dropped some new (to the campaign) Melania nudes on their front page (and more inside). What is funny about this is, I'm sure the Donald will make a big deal about how sleazy this is, and at the same time keep talking about it and tweeting about it to be sure we all get to see it. Maybe he will even include some in his tweet.

Oh America, what have we wrought?

Top Bottom