Gear Tamasium Concentrate extractor?

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
I have been reading that a non-polar solvent such as ethanol can be used to "catch"
the bho run. The plant waxes and lipids are precipitated out and the ethanol evaporated.
The question is how to clean your butane? Will running it through activated carbon remove
any/all potential harmfuls????
nvmd. you are asking how to clean canned butane. from what i've read you do an empty run. freeze it in the collection vessel (bho will turn to liquid) and vent off the other gases. running it thru act. carbon during this process is supposed to help as well.

QuantumTimeSpace

Hashtronaut
nvmd. you are asking how to clean canned butane. from what i've read you do an empty run. freeze it in the collection vessel (bho will turn to liquid) and vent off the other gases. running it thru act. carbon during this process is supposed to help as well.

Correct. When I top of the butane res, I chill to sub 0 temps, then vent off the propane, leaving just n- and iso-butanes behind.

StickyShisha2

i have been looking at pictures of this thing for years.
i wish somebody near me would get one, i would love to use it for a few runs.

StickyShisha2,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Did you guys pay the extra $40 to have the unit assembled and fit/leak tested?

t-dub,

Darb

Couple more questions if you don't mind......

How many times can/have you reused your butane?
Is the yield substantially more than with the tube method?
Do you grind the herb first?
Have you tried a second wash on the herb?
How long is the process from start to finish?
Do you use heat or ice method?
I know it depends on strain used but what's a single run producing on average?

Darb,

QuantumTimeSpace

Hashtronaut
Did you guys pay the extra $40 to have the unit assembled and fit/leak tested?

Yes

Couple more questions if you don't mind......

How many times can/have you reused your butane?
Is the yield substantially more than with the tube method?
Do you grind the herb first?
Have you tried a second wash on the herb?
How long is the process from start to finish?
Do you use heat or ice method?
I know it depends on strain used but what's a single run producing on average?

I filled the butane tank and have been reusing that same batch, save for topping off due to leaving some 'tane behind for easier recovery.
I would say I get around 5-10% more return, depending on material used.
I never grind my herb, merely remove larger stems if need be.
I have ran material for a second time and gotten a negligible amount of lower quality oil. The machine is very efficient for a single-pass device.
From starting to pack the tube, to preparing to vac-purge the results, takes about 2 hours, maybe a bit less. Where it takes much longer this way than using an open blaster, I think the other benefits are worth the trade-off.
Yes to both, I use temps as high as 110*f and as low as -10*f to help facilitate movement of the solvent.
I'd say I'm averaging about 16%, with lows around 8% and my highest returns above 23%.

QuantumTimeSpace,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
Yes

I filled the butane tank and have been reusing that same batch, save for topping off due to leaving some 'tane behind for easier recovery.
I would say I get around 5-10% more return, depending on material used.
I never grind my herb, merely remove larger stems if need be.
I have ran material for a second time and gotten a negligible amount of lower quality oil. The machine is very efficient for a single-pass device.
From starting to pack the tube, to preparing to vac-purge the results, takes about 2 hours, maybe a bit less. Where it takes much longer this way than using an open blaster, I think the other benefits are worth the trade-off.
Yes to both, I use temps as high as 110*f and as low as -10*f to help facilitate movement of the solvent.
I'd say I'm averaging about 16%, with lows around 8% and my highest returns above 23%.

i'd like to ask a few questions also, if you don't mind.

how many grams of starting material do you run each time?
have you tried grinding? how does that effect your return % and end product?
do you vac purge the whole batch at once, or break it down into smaller batches at that point? how many times do you vac it?

thanks for your help.

notmyrealUSERname,

QuantumTimeSpace

Hashtronaut
I've fit anywhere from 40+ grams up to 70, and like stated in the msg you quoted, no I never grind my buds, I feel it introduces more contaminants. I vac-purge the whole amount heating to 110*F and stirring in-between vacs, repeating until no more bubbles will form under lower atmospheric pressure.

QuantumTimeSpace,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
thanks for the heads up. ordered and on the way. check cleared this morning. haven't heard from him yet. gettin' a little nervous. i actually had perused thru your thread previous to your posting it here ;) good stuff

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
just got notice that it won't ship for a week. bummed, especially w/ money out of my account, but waddayagonnado

Bob Loblaw,

QuantumTimeSpace

Hashtronaut
I've got basically the same vac pump, and am just using some rubber attachment pieces from a break bleeding kit to hook it up to some of the plastic safety purge line that came with the Tamisium kit. I'm also using a generic kitchen scale that can weigh out grams, I don't think you need anything super duper fancy. Good luck Bob!

QuantumTimeSpace,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
I've got basically the same vac pump, and am just using some rubber attachment pieces from a break bleeding kit to hook it up to some of the plastic safety purge line that came with the Tamisium kit. I'm also using a generic kitchen scale that can weigh out grams, I don't think you need anything super duper fancy. Good luck Bob!
sounds pretty simple. thanks

Bob Loblaw,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
fooled me w/ an on truck notice. just got it today. am assuming the grease is for the o-rings
and threads for the main column?

Bob Loblaw,
Top Bottom