Gear Tamasium Concentrate extractor?

Is it possible to connect two fuel containers to the column so that you can recycle the butane as its blasting the oil?

Luckysglass,
I'm getting ready for the n tane to show but I'm getting interested in the idea of using a vacuum to speed the process, is this used to recover the butane from the oil? I've got a two stage vac that I can use. Big thanks again to bob loblaw for his efforts in spreading good knowledge

Luckysglass,
I'm very interested in the idea of making recovery efficient and speedy, I've got a LOT of work to do ;-)

Luckysglass,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
i vac out the empty butane canister before attaching it for recovery, speeds it up a little

also when i have recovered the 'tane, i then vac purge the chamber

Last edited:
Bob Loblaw,

terrapinflyer

I didnt read this whole tread because I didnt have the time to browse the 6 pages. I have some experience with this machine and its BS. I would not recommend to anyone that they buy this product. For one its extreamly over priced for what it is and secondly it takes an eternity to reclaim. If you are looking for a product like this with a passive reclaim I would suggest that you build a Lil' Terp. It will cost you about $500,
I would take a look for yourself its not such a tough DYI project. Check it out here http://skunkpharmresearch.com/passive-butane-extractor-and-reclaimer/
I would be willing to help walk someone through the process if you hit some snags in the build. I have a few small improvements to make it easier and less labor cost from the machine shop. Ill be reading this thread on the can in the morning sorry if this has been discussed already :cool:
http://skunkpharmresearch.com/passive-butane-extractor-and-reclaimer/

terrapinflyer,
Maybe you should start a thread on the lil terp rather than spread your negative review opinion, instead of helpful info in an appropriate thread? Just sayin

mod note: Forums are for discussion, not just cheerleading.

Luckysglass,

terrapinflyer

Maybe you should start a thread on the lil terp rather than spread your negative review opinion, instead of helpful info in an appropriate thread? Just sayin

Well I thought that letting the community know that there is an open source solution to a project that is extreamly over priced was helpful info. Considering that not all of us have big bucks to just piss away. My opinion is based on the fact that I have used both units and can say with absolute surety that this unit is a waste of money. If you have a small budget or you want something to run small batches for your head there is a solution for you. You dont have to sit and drool at something that you thought you couldn't budget. You can make quality meds for a reasonable cost. I think it is important that people know there options if we want everyone have safe access to high quality meds. Just sayin.

terrapinflyer,
Reactions: jpdnkstr
Well I thought that letting the community know that there is an open source solution to a project that is extreamly over priced was helpful info. Considering that not all of us have big bucks to just piss away. My opinion is based on the fact that I have used both units and can say with absolute surety that this unit is a waste of money. If you have a small budget or you want something to run small batches for your head there is a solution for you. You dont have to sit and drool at something that you thought you couldn't budget. You can make quality meds for a reasonable cost. I think it is important that people know there options if we want everyone have safe access to high quality meds. Just sayin.
I'm glad you have the time to lead everyone down the "right path" budgets are for people that are financially inept or incapable, just sayin, I'm not worried about "pissing money" away. I want quality products, I got that. End of story for me.

Luckysglass,

terrapinflyer

I'm glad you have the time to lead everyone down the "right path" budgets are for people that are financially inept or incapable, just sayin, I'm not worried about "pissing money" away. I want quality products, I got that. End of story for me.

Im glad that you have time to let everyone know that you have no problem paying Faerie prices for a Hyundai, and Im happy that you are satisfied with your purchase. For the same money you could have built a MkIII and had a fantastic product. Not everyone is a capable as you in making informed decisions about where to get quality products. My post was for the inept or incapable people out there who need a shove in the rite direction. My suggestion does not sacrifice quality for price it simply is an open source solution to shelling out tuns for hard earned money to a company that clearly does not care about putting quality meds lower level consumers hands.

Mod note: You've made your point and a new thread regarding this. Move along.

Last edited by a moderator:
terrapinflyer,
since I have two recovery tanks from buying two units, I found out I AM able to recapture the butane while extracing oils. This is a great feature because it creates more vaccumm to pull the butane through the extraction system. saves even more time. For those that have the older style 175 units with the narrow mouth, Tamisium now offers a wide-mouth upgrade for 700 bucks. Another instant savings and effeciency booster by allowing you full access to the collection area and vaccuum opportunity, wasting less butane. David is more than helpful with the solutions he provides with this device. Answered all my questions with ease and confidence.

nvmd. you are asking how to clean canned butane. from what i've read you do an empty run. freeze it in the collection vessel (bho will turn to liquid) and vent off the other gases. running it thru act. carbon during this process is supposed to help as well.

could the cleaning method of just inputting the canned butane into the recovery tank.chilling the vessel to freezing temps, and purging off contaminents be a forseeable method, in light of having to run the butane through carbon? My thoughts are preemtively to run the sytem and clean up the column afterward of any contaminents at least.

Luckysglass,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
@terrapinflyer - i and this thread are aware and respect skunkpharm's work. if you'll notice i referenced his site JUST A PAGE BACK. he does a great job if you have a welder friend or someone you trust. good luck getting that done (especially in portland, where he's located) without the guy knowing what he's making, therefore knowing what you are doing. some people aren't comfortable going DIY and have the cash to spare. don't begrudge, bemoan or condemn and maybe your words won't fall on deaf ears.

@Luckysglass - not really as the carbon is get tiny mercaptans and other contaminants in the gas itself. not the same as purging off the propane, which is what you are describing. unless, i misunderstood.

Top Bottom