Discontinued Supreme Vaporizer

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
I've decided that butane vaporizers are dangerous in my hands. When my torch came I realized that I was more likely to destroy my apartment than use the V3 effectively. So, unless Vitolo decides he wants my unused firetrap, I'm going to sell it- along with most of my other butanes. I can't find out how much the V3 sells for so I can come up with a price and can't find how much I paid for mine. I'll post it in the classifieds once I figure this out.
I paid $128 including shipping and Ed is still honoring. You should have paid about the same if you did not get extras as he uses flat rate shipping for US orders I believe.

That really sucks you are selling this one. I love it the most. I am using it now actually, well I am in between heating sessions getting lost in FC land actually but this vape has put all my vapes in timeout as long as I am home. I spare my best flowers for it, wouldnt dare share my most precious flowers with my other vapes right now. Zion and Mi would probably get more love if I had them but I still think the Supreme will always be my favorite at home get me silly blasted vape! I really wish you were able to enjoy it as much as me mags but I am sure you will get by just fine without as you have. I am going to showcase it for a friend tomorrow actually so I may even be able to buy it from you if you do decide to sell it. Best of luck either way!

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
Well, I knew it was going to happen eventually. I lost my screen. Went to fill bowl, noticed it was missing, searched all over with a flashlight. Good thing it wasn't one of those golden ones. I just cut down a normal screen and inserted it, a little tricky to get it set in place, but I liked how the stock screens work with the long handle to pull out a spent load easily.

Hopefully Ed can set me up with some replacements, I would buy an extra bowl with 18mm grommet with about 4-5 screens. Off to send him an email, I guess.

Mister G,
Reactions: Alexis

subway13029

I contacted Ed today and exchanged a few emails..he is super helpful guy..wants us to have the best experience with this vape..I ordered two extra bowls and two extra screens and one red and one white grommet..I love this thing..by far most powerful vape I've used.

Tommy10

How do I track one of these down? Found the website but it just mentions eBay, where they are more expensive than I thought they were?

Tommy10,

subway13029

You can use a pocket torch no problem..i use a bigger torch because i can stop heating at 320 and it will climb up to 360 when i remove torch and it will stqy right around there or it will drop after 3 or 4 hits out of my glass...even when the temp goes back down to 320 it still rips the bowl..one heatup per bowl and it goes the distance..

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
Since my temp sensor mishaps, I've had to spend time recalibrating my Supreme technique and I think I've finally settled it.

NOTE TO NEW OWNERS: Make sure your sensor probe is tucked away tightly under the silicon sleeve or your temperature readout could be wildly inaccurate and misguiding. (Or maybe I'm just an idiot, it's possible and even likely)

I was wondering before why I was getting better results with what seemed like lower temperatures than I typically preferred. It seems my readings were about 15c too low because of the loose sensor.

It would also take way too long to heat up and cooled down much faster than other people's reports of heat retention should have allowed. I should have suspected much sooner that something wasn't right.

As a result, I was getting good effects, but skirting the line of combustion much closer than I like or realized. When the sensor came completely loose, I did combust because my readout was waaaaay too low and I was too medicated to notice. It's a nasty experience as we all know.

I now have the sensor firmly tucked (albeit with some scratches and marks now on my metal tube underneath) but still check it often before use when I remember to.

Now I heat up to 170-175, then insert and wait until the visible vapor starts to emanate, then put it on the WT and draw. I'm getting more draws then before with the super high temp, about 4 good sized ones total per 3/4 full chamber of unground bud pluckings that are just stuffed into the hole. ABV is less dark as well, but still appears fully spent.

Hope to hear back from Ed soon, my makeshift screen is ok, but I have to use a tool to scoop the herb out and then blow the remainder to empty and I prefer to "pull the tail out" of the stock screen. It is SO dry in the tube after a use, it really grabs everything and puts it into the vapor, it's truly enlightening, you can even tell this from the oily coating of my Claisen, it just looks very pure, almost as if enriched (minus some debris, which I will filter out when reclaiming).

20160312_110900.jpg

Last edited:

Tommy10

If you mean like a single torch like you would use with the VM or Lotus it will probably take 2 to 3 minutes of straight torching to get up to temp. You would likely be refilling the lighter pretty often too. I would highly recommend something bigger myself.

Will work but big torch recommended I can live with it I can spare some coin soon I'll pick one up. Have mates that still mix tabaco with weed and smoke it through a bong, nothing yet will convert them, thinking supreme might do it!

Tommy10,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Will work but big torch recommended I can live with it I can spare some coin soon I'll pick one up. Have mates that still mix tabaco with weed and smoke it through a bong, nothing yet will convert them, thinking supreme might do it!

The Supreme v1 and v2 came with a tiny torch. It did work, just took forever. You can also use one on each side if you have two but be careful not to melt the silicone where the wires go. You can find an ample torch in the $20 or less range if you look closely.

Will it convert smokers? Maybe. Great hitter at home. But IMO not much for travel. The glass you have helps shape the experience. Good luck.

A great vape. I will shoot some HD videos soon.

Edit. A little propane pocket rockets (for camping/hiking) do double as ample torch too if you happen to already have one. You just buy the little propane tanks.

Last edited:

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I bought a big fucking torch for this thing, but I am still taking a while to heat up. Where do you guys like to focus your flame for the quickest/best heat up?

stickstones,
Reactions: Morty

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
I bought a big fucking torch for this thing, but I am still taking a while to heat up. Where do you guys like to focus your flame for the quickest/best heat up?

If facing the Supreme (looking straight at the temp readout), I focus the flame on the upper right corner but favoring pointing towards the long side of the heater. I put it so the tip of the bright blue inner flame splits at the corner and goes down both sides. I figure this heats the most surface area simultaneously.

Now that my temp sensors are proper I notice it heats up pretty quick, but I haven't timed it yet.

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
Got in touch with Ed and he is hooking me up with some replacement parts, extra screens and bowls. I've thought about making my own screen, but is a regular paper clip toxic, what else could I use that is safe?

lazylathe

Almost there...
Got in touch with Ed and he is hooking me up with some replacement parts, extra screens and bowls. I've thought about making my own screen, but is a regular paper clip toxic, what else could I use that is safe?

I used some stainless steel wire to make up an extra one.
Still use the original though but nice to have a back up just in case!

I am sure you can buy stainless steel paper clips.

http://www.amazon.com/Lineco-Stainless-Steel-Paper-Package/dp/B0097CMVZ4

Last edited:
Top Bottom