Discontinued Supreme Vaporizer

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
I seriously love the Supreme 3...seriously...but I have ONE major complaint, the temp sensor design. If you've followed my posts in this thread you know mine comes loose very easily, it is small and hard to see when this happens, the result is way off temperature readings and way overheating of the element.

I have had to tuck the sensor wires back underneath the silicone sleeve many many times. Well, it just got worse. I went to tuck the sensor wires in AGAIN, and sleeve just started to completely fall apart :ugh:

Anything I did to try and save the sleeve just made it crumble more. it is near some very high heat, so I suspect that makes it brittle over time.

To use it now, I have to have one hand on a tool holding the sleeve down over the sensor wire, that is not a workable solution. If I try to remove the heater from the frame and replace the sleeve, I fear I will destroy the other sleeve surrounding the tube in the process.

What to do?

Any ideas for holding the sensor down onto the tube without removing the tube from the frame? What can I use that won't be toxic and can resist the heat and that I can install easily?

I am going to send these pics to Ed and see what he says too.

20160326_142456.jpg

20160326_142533_001.jpg

lazylathe

Almost there...
@Mister G

That is really odd that your silicone has deteriorated so quickly.
What temps do you heat to and how close to the bottom of the heat exchanger?
I rarely go over 175C with my Supreme, just too intense for me.
I always heat with one torch and try and either heat one spot in the middle of the exchanger or move it around to hit all the sides.

Talking about the temp sensor...
I have been messing around with different positions and angles.
When it arrived it was vertical, now i have it at about 60 degrees on the heat tube.
Seems to be more consistent now and my ABV is perfect all the way through again.
I also re-crimped my wires and added a heat resistant silicone sleeve over both wire so only the sensor is exposed to heat.

Hope you have a good outcome with Ed!
This is one vape i would be lost without!
Blows all my other vapes away with such ease!

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
When it arrived it was vertical, now i have it at about 60 degrees on the heat tube.

Thank you LL! this gave me the idea to bend the end of my sensor so that it touches the tube and stays put with a little bit of tension. It can come loose but stays put during stationary heatup. The temp fluctuation is still a bit off from what it was before but now I don't have to hold the sensor in place by hand.

I only overheated by accident, not all the time, most of the time never went above 175-180c, but I did tug at it a bit trying to make the sensor stay put, so not sure why mine is falling apart so badly.

Here's a look at the angle of the bent sensor wire with the deteriorated sleeve loosely covering the tip.

20160326_174320.jpg

Last edited:

biohacker

@Mister G - that is very odd, i've actually torched that piece of silicone sheathing when I was a torch noob, and yet have never had an issue, and i've used the SUP so much in the past. Perhaps it's just waiting to happen to mine as well, although I won't know for a while since i'm on an extended break. Can you not just replace it with a new piece that was included with the kit as a spare? There must be a way!

Please let us know what Ed says...i'm sure the turnaround wouldn't be long for him to get it back to par for you! Damn I miss using the SUP! Like @lazylathe says, it's the best one of them all! Just like your sig Mister G, it really IS the most advanced heating element in the industry!

Been super busy with a move recently, and some health issues, but looking forward to coming back and participating in my favourite thread on FC more often!

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
@Mister G - that is very odd, i've actually torched that piece of silicone sheathing when I was a torch noob, and yet have never had an issue, and i've used the SUP so much in the past. Perhaps it's just waiting to happen to mine as well, although I won't know for a while since i'm on an extended break. Can you not just replace it with a new piece that was included with the kit as a spare? There must be a way!

Please let us know what Ed says...i'm sure the turnaround wouldn't be long for him to get it back to par for you! Damn I miss using the SUP! Like @lazylathe says, it's the best one of them all! Just like your sig Mister G, it really IS the most advanced heating element in the industry!

Been super busy with a move recently, and some health issues, but looking forward to coming back and participating in my favourite thread on FC more often!

I dunno, I keep flame on the part of the block that is furthest away from that part of the Supreme, but regardless, it gets wicked hot all over this thing, the block and the tube no matter where you heat it.

I would try to replace it, but when I was trying to remove the heater tube from the frame, I got one of those flashbacks to the many times I should have left something alone but instead made the problem worse, so I then got worried I would fuck up both tube sleeves, and have trouble reassembling this thing, whereas in the current shape it is perfectly usable, just not in perfect shape. Besides, I do not like how the sensor is designed to be placed and would prefer to improve upon it.

So I'm holding out until some kind of inspiration hits me and I'm still Supreme-ing along. Shit, I just bought a case of butane, I'm married to this thing now...:evil:

The bent sensor works, but it's still different enough of a reading than previously so that I have to recalibrate yet again for temp sweet spot. Or maybe that's just an excuse to hit the damn thing again.

The Supreme's extraction is so good, I really want to meet a vape that can outdo it, I am skeptical there's one out there, eager to be proven wrong. The only way I can describe the difference in heated air output is that the Supreme is a firehose where others are garden hoses.

Last edited:

lazylathe

Almost there...
Finally found a vape that can handle my grinder kief expertly!

I had built up quite a pile of it in the bottom and was wondering what to do with it this time.
While hitting the Supreme i thought about it a bit more...
If i heat to 160C and extract all that is in the herb and then add the kief on top of the extracted herb and reheat to the same temp, i should just get the kief flavor! Theoretically...

And it works surprisingly well!
I sprinkle a bit on top of extracted bud and heat to 160 and hit it at 170C.
Pure white wall city!
Just the kief flavor and effects, it's awesome!

You can also do lower temp, pure flavor hits with whispy vapor!

So far being my daily driver since it arrived, it has held up well!
Thinking of hooking up a propane BBQ line directly to the Supreme! LOL!!
This thing is like a jet plane! Uses a lot of expensive fuel in a short time but always gets you there faster as well!

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
So I'm holding out until some kind of inspiration hits me and I'm still Supreme-ing along. Shit, I just bought a case of butane, I'm married to this thing now...:evil:

The bent sensor works, but it's still different enough of a reading than previously so that I have to recalibrate yet again for temp sweet spot. Or maybe that's just an excuse to hit the damn thing again.
Do you think that using a roach clip could secure the sensor to the stem?:hmm: Just a stoner thought I had.

:peace:

biohacker

@Mister G - send it back in! No sense wasting time with an inaccurate or hit and miss sensor! I'm sure that Ed will more than hook you up. I empathize though, i'm sure i'd be afraid to screw it up trying to replace, but i'm lucky enough to have an amazing savvy bro like @lazylathe that could even improve upon the design!

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
Ed just sent me an email with more detailed instructions on replacing the sleeve. He is also going to make a video for me. I will ask him if I can share both here and post them when I hear back, I'm sure this will be helpful for other Supreme owners.

My temporary hack is doing fine, so I will have to decide whether or not to put her back properly or wait until I think it's absolutely necessary such as when the other sleeve starts to wear and needs to be replaced, that way I only have to do it once.

I wish they made high temp silicone rubber bands or tie down that I could stretch over the assembled Supreme and then over the sensor to secure it or wrap around and then tie it. Maybe I can rig such a thing from spare parts.

Ed cares about his customers, he wants us to all enjoy using his great invention so I was happy that he is taking time to help me out.

I am so glad I decided to take advantage of Ed's very generous FC Starter Kit offer. I think he is still offering it. All you have to be is down with the torch, it's not as bad as most think but definitely have to be the careful type and not too clumsy - heavy dabbers will think it's nothing though.

My case of butane just came in. Was down to half a can so just in time...

lazylathe

Almost there...
@Mister G

Thar's awesome to hear you will be back up and running soon!
The sensor is this vapes one and only weak spot.
It's fine if you don't touch it but sometimes it moves with use and then it starts to get fun.

I have finally figured out what the Supreme 3 is missing!!
It has NO LOGO!!!
The 1's and 2's had CAUTION HOT stamped on their heat exchanger and "Made in USA Patented" on top!
I think the Supreme 3 should have it's logo stamped in.
That would make it even more awesome, if that is at all possible!

And my Supreme 1 still kicks ass and does not care to take names!

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
I wish they made high temp silicone rubber bands or tie down that I could stretch over the assembled Supreme and then over the sensor to secure it or wrap around and then tie it. Maybe I can rig such a thing from spare parts
Perhaps you could wrap a SS paperclip around it tightly to hold the sensor.

For a while I was running mine on the higher end of temps. Then your post came along and I noticed my sleeve is also looking a little deteriorated already so I decided to lower my temps. In the past two weeks I have switched to staying below 180C/370F and even often staying below 165C/335F. I also switch back and forth from Celsius and Fahrenheit often as I am trying to transition to Celsius for some reason. My sleeve has held up but it would be great to have those instructions and video posted for when mine finally does go.

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
Ed is still working on the video, I will post link when he gets back to me with his approval.

He has cautioned me not to use my Supreme without the sleeve as legally this is not approved use and is too risky to go dangerously overtemp, which he specified as 460f/237c . So if I do so based on my experience and "feel", he can not sanction such use. Daisy needs some love anyway. :luv:

One thing I will share is that Ed is working on a better solution for holding the sensor in place. I think this issue will be mitigated for everyone going forward.

The Supreme is awesome and should be more popular. It's like a terp and cannabinoid paint stripper.

MAJOR EDIT!!!!
I almost forgot the most important thing that Ed told me in his email - he has a new website:
http://www.supremev.com/
Not a lot new there, but a central place for some of his existing videos and details on ordering the special sale starter kit that is now open to anyone.

Last edited:

lazylathe

Almost there...
@Aimless Ryan

Have you looked into this vape?
Hardest hitting vape i own and there is virtually zero learning curve!
It does great with bong like 0,05g worth of material!
Instant vapor that is super tasty and potent.

If you can use and fill a butane torch and feel safe around it, i would recommend this vape!
It knocks all my other vapes away with potency and easing of my pain.

subway13029

Just got my replacement bowls and screens in from Ed.. Glad to at least have a couple to switch out..I have the worst luck with the red grommet.i broke my first one as soon as it slipped over the bowl tube..and I got two more with my order and the first one I put on has cracked and will break soon..any clue to getting these on? The bowl tube keeps slicing the plastic as I slide it on..

subway13029,
Reactions: Alexis

lazylathe

Almost there...
All this butane has got me thinking... dangerous times ahead!

What would happen if one had to attach a PTC Heating element onto the side of the Supreme 3 heat exchanger. You can get PTC heaters custom made in China for next to nothing. So select your preferred temp range and get one made. They run off 12V DC, so it is very safe to fool around with.
I may have to look further into this as it would save a ton of butane and it would be an electronic Supreme 3.1...LOL!
My one concern is keeping the Supreme 3 at the set temp but i guess so long as it is below 210C, it should be good!

The other cause of this spontaneous thinking is caused by using my Lotus due to sever bud shortage and delayed mail delivery... Have to ration myself and that is hard with the Supreme as it is just so damn good!

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
I am sure it would work. I tried heating my Supreme with my rosin tek hair straightening iron and a c clamp. The iron goes up to 410F but it only would heat the Supreme to about 295 so it was a no go. Just need higher heat temp and it could work but maintaining temp during draw may require much more intense heat then just getting to tenp and maintaining without draw.

I really like the idea of an electric Supreme more and more each time I use it but I really just want a Supreme that can stay at 370F for about 10 minutes. I sometimes clamp my Supreme down, heat it up to 370F, back the torch off and keep it at distance to maintain temp of 370F-360F and rip through tubes without stopping the heating between. It wastes a hell of aot of butane but makes the session faster overall and with much less effort since I am not reheating/resetting my torch.

Tommy10

I'd love to see a smaller supreme, something that can be heated with a typical pocket torch, and maintain enough heat to vaporiser two .05 loads. I'd love to get a supreme but I think the set up overall is far too big for my needs, and I'd wind up vaping grams at a time just because it holds to much heat.

biohacker

Tommy, the Supreme is much smaller than you think! I was shocked just how compact it was, and if you're looking to just rip two .05 bowls, then it's perfect for you! It doesn't retain heat for long, which is why all the talk about an electric heater has come up. The rest is up to your discipline! lol And you're a HerbalAire guy, so this will crush it for micro's.

Tommy10

Tommy, the Supreme is much smaller than you think! I was shocked just how compact it was, and if you're looking to just rip two .05 bowls, then it's perfect for you! It doesn't retain heat for long, which is why all the talk about an electric heater has come up. The rest is up to your discipline! lol And you're a HerbalAire guy, so this will crush it for micro's.

Mmmmm, might have to check it soon! Haven't used Herbalaire for s good while out side of big sessions. Vapcap/Vapman type of bloke lately. Loved my hammer, seems the supreme is similar but with a thermometer (obviously much better than without) and a lot more power.

Tommy10,

biohacker

I sold my hA a while ago, don't miss it whatsoever, but I wouldn't be very happy without the Supreme, and it's not novelty either since i've had it for a while. I've tried the vapcap and instantly didn't care for it. @lazylathe has the vapcap and vapman and prefers the Supreme over I think ALL of his vapes! It's the king out of any vape i've used as well, and in fact my collection is done to only the Supreme and the Mighty (still love the easy electric portability and battery life). You will be able rip the massive sessions you speak of with the Supreme easily, and just like the hA WITHOUT grinding! It's also affordable, so honestly Tommy you have no excuse now not to! lol Cheers!

Top Bottom