Discontinued Supreme Vaporizer

biohacker

Especially after what I did to my laminate kitchen counter top with the torch! :doh::cry::ugh:

How do you guys vape up concentrates in the Sup? I have noticed crazy oil droplets developing in the bottom portion of the bowl!

biohacker,
Reactions: lazylathe

subway13029

Got my supreme today and nothi g to be said about performance that hadnt been said..if you are ex bong ripper and wanna mimic that effect..this is for you...1question..where the metal bowl tube slides in the silicone piece hangs over the opening and make it little difficult to slide tube in..should i just shimmy the silicone up??wasnt sure if it was hanging down for reason?

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
1question..where the metal bowl tube slides in the silicone piece hangs over the opening and make it little difficult to slide tube in..should i just shimmy the silicone up??wasnt sure if it was hanging down for reason?
The silicone lip 'grabs' the stem to keep it from coming out of the chamber, especially when removing the vape from the glass joint to clear the hit.

I actually nudged the silicone up just a tiny bit (to make inserting the steam easier) and I regret doing it. I now have to pay attention when removing the SV3 to clear the hit as it needs to be properly manipulated to keep the stem from detaching. In this video at around 46 seconds you can see @Buildozer being extra careful to keep the stem attached to the chamber.

:peace:

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
How do you guys vape up concentrates in the Sup? I have noticed crazy oil droplets developing in the bottom portion of the bowl!
I tried flower/wax/flower sandwiches but I dont really like it as much. It messes with the quickness of the extraction IMO and I just like the purity of flavor with little flower nuggets.

Last edited:

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
I have used nothing but the Supreme for the last 17 days give or take and continue to refine my technique.

Have almost settled on a hybrid insertion method, my biggest problem with pre-inserting the herb chamber is watching it lose vapor during the heat up. So now I wait until about 10c under my target temp and then I insert the tube. If visible vapor occurs before target temp is hit, I put it on the water tool early. I'm finding I am getting the best of both worlds this way and maximizing efficiency. I have high tolerance (big surprise) and this thing powers through it daily.

I also have to tell myself to stop after one bowl and just wait. The extraction on this vaporizer is the most thorough I've ever felt and it does it all in about 1.5 inhalations, the heated airstream it produces is just that powerful. The abv always looks completely spent and not charred at all.

I don't think the word "full spectrum" as applied to extraction is better used than with the Supreme.

I think I need an electric supreme, the Butane tax on using this thing is big...but worth it. :evil:

subway13029

I think im over heating..i will heat to 350 and then by the time i take a hit its like 395..never combustion but ice been charring loads like crazy..i guess i gotta stop sooner??

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
I think im over heating..i will heat to 350 and then by the time i take a hit its like 395..never combustion but ice been charring loads like crazy..i guess i gotta stop sooner??

I typically like the higher temps on all my vapes...except the Supreme (I now stop heating around 155c). The thing is the control varies quite a bit based on the torch you are using, higher powered torches risk the overheat more. My simple creme brulee kitchen torch is a little bit underpowered and consumes a lot of butane, but the temps don't jump as much when I stop heating.

SD_haze

Are you using a propane torch perchance?

SD_haze,

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
Warning - one flaw about the Supreme is the fragility of the thermometer connections. My thermometer wires came loose and I did not even notice. As a result, my temp readings were very low and I ended up overheating the element and combusting :ugh:

I have tried to tuck the wires back under the silicon sleeve, but they are still a bit loose and hard to get them to stay firm. Now I will have to check them before each use.

Open to suggestions for solving this...

subway13029

I saw someone had their wires taped up or maybe i heard of someone using heat shrink..anyone who can post the pic of who did this or how they did it..i love this baby way too much to have it break..

biohacker

Hmmm, never noticed anything about the wires, and never a problem, although I think @lazylathe posted about this recently, as he wasn't getting the flavour he should have, and it turned out that his thermometer was not showing the correct temps either and was getting too hot.

I don't get it though, wouldn't it either work, or not work? Or is it such an intermittent connection?

@Vitolo any updates from the Edmeister? Regarding anything....how sales are going, plans for the electric? I keep seeing that he's out of stock and no eBay ads, so just curious what's up. Any issues or suggestions for the loose thermometer wire?

I miss my Supreme.....extended t-break time (not for tolerance reasons though). It's sure gonna kick when I get back on 'er! Remember the first hit back from Mexico Lazy? lol

biohacker,
Reactions: lazylathe

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
Hmmm, never noticed anything about the wires, and never a problem, although I think @lazylathe posted about this recently, as he wasn't getting the flavour he should have, and it turned out that his thermometer was not showing the correct temps either and was getting too hot.

I don't get it though, wouldn't it either work, or not work? Or is it such an intermittent connection?

The end of the sensor wires are simply tucked underneath the silicon sleeve to make contact with the outer metal tube. I think I tipped my Supreme over on the table and it somehow knocked them loose. I was surprised that they were not attached more securely somehow and had to fiddle with a tool and my finger (on a very hot supreme - me stupid) to tuck it back under the sleeve.

But I forgive my Supreme for this drawback as long as it produces such potency. Really, nothing hits me as hard as the Supreme does and I've got some of the top end of heavy hitting vapes sitting here that are very jealous of the new kid.

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
The end of the sensor wires are simply tucked underneath the silicon sleeve to make contact with the outer metal tube. I think I tipped my Supreme over on the table and it somehow knocked them loose. I was surprised that they were not attached more securely somehow and had to fiddle with a tool and my finger (on a very hot supreme - me stupid) to tuck it back under the sleeve.

But I forgive my Supreme for this drawback as long as it produces such potency. Really, nothing hits me as hard as the Supreme does and I've got some of the top end of heavy hitting vapes sitting here that are very jealous of the new kid.
I had a similar incident, however I decided to wait until the Supreme cooled down enough to tinker with it. I used my Daisy tweezers to lift the silicone sleeve and push the wires back under the silicone sleeve. I pushed them as far back to the block as I could but they are not actually touching the block, only the cylindrical part of the Supreme. All seems to be working fine now for 2-3 weeks I would say.

Updates on the electric version would be great! My biggest concern with the electric version is back to back bowls. I am concerned how this will work. Will I have to wait for the heat-up between every bowl?

Vitolo

Vaporist
@Vitolo any updates from the Edmeister?
I know he is working as hard as he can to get another set of vapes available... (Supreme 3) He has not mentioned when the electrical version will become a reality.... as I said in that last post about it, this is still a "future thought".
Watch very soon for Supreme 3 to be available again.

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
Forgot about this so thanks again!

However, I am now less confident that each of our units has identical readings, this loose wire thing may cause a bit of variability -- My 160. may not be exactly your 160c. :shrug:

So after a very bad mishap with the Supreme 3, i now have it back up and running like a dream!

A guy from work came over to see what it was all about and to test it.
First thing he does is squeeze the handle, both sides and he severs the thermometer wires!!
Sliced cleanly in half...

PRO TIP: Only hold by the BACK handle and never squeeze both sides together!!

So following on from that, i remove the thermometer from the handle.
I then inspect the thermocouple as i did not want to damage it in any way!
It is just slid under the top bit of silicone, so very easy to remove.
I then discovered that the wire that is crimped on was very loose. It made contact but not a very solid connection. Grabbed a pair of pliers and crimped it nice and tight!

Soldered the wires back together with heat shrink tubing covering the joints.
Also added a heat shrink cover over the wires and under the thermometer.
Replaced the thermocouple and i was good for a test!

Thermometer works perfectly again!
Fired her up to 160 and settled at 172 and took a hit.
Oh Hello!!! There you are again flavor country!

The other item i did not mention previously was my inability to get dark ABV like i was in the beginning.
Even firing up to 195, the ABV was still green.
Should have mentioned that before!

My conclusion is that during me packing it and driving around with it in the car may have loosened the wires enough for an intermittent connection and false readings.

Back to hitting like a flavor train!

Updates on the electric version would be great! My biggest concern with the electric version is back to back bowls. I am concerned how this will work. Will I have to wait for the heat-up between every bowl?

I can't find the post but I recall in one of @Vitolo 's Ed reports that he said it would be about a 3 minute re-heat time between uses once you plug it back in. Not sure how accurate that is since we have no idea if a prototype was made or other proof of concept.

Last edited:

subway13029

Ok heres is my question..say i pack a full stem..and heat up and start hitting it..does it always get extracted..or do you ever have to heat the same load back up?? Or once you heat a load up and start drawing on it then it should stayhot enough to extract that whole stem?

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I usually do one quick reheat to get back to temp and fully extract a large bowl. I do more if i am surfing lower temps. But it is possible to add some extra heat early to extract quicker. Versatility.

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
I packed the bowl all the way stuffed once and it still only took me no reheat and 2 draws to fully extract (no visible vapor left to pull). Most of my bowls are done in 1 and a half pulls, usually 3/4 full. I take some really long draws though.

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Ok heres is my question..say i pack a full stem..and heat up and start hitting it..does it always get extracted..or do you ever have to heat the same load back up?? Or once you heat a load up and start drawing on it then it should stayhot enough to extract that whole stem?

I packed the bowl all the way stuffed once and it still only took me no reheat and 2 draws to fully extract (no visible vapor left to pull). Most of my bowls are done in 1 and a half pulls, usually 3/4 full. I take some really long draws though.

Very temp dependant IMO. If you are riding lower temps it does take more draws to extract in my experience.

Edit. With lower temps, you have less time in the vaporiztion window as the temp drops. And again i usually stuff the bowl full of nug chunks and i have pretty powerful lungs.

Last edited:

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
The name of this vape is so apt. It is supreme. If this forum was real life and I saw you walking by, I would say "Hey, you gotta try this."

Since my mishap with the temp sensors, my temps are all screwed up, I now think my readout was way lower than it should have been and was taking far too long to heat up, with the way they are in place now, it zooms much faster. So I am back to recalibrating my approach...

At least the process is a fun one. :evil:

VAPORIZER22

Got my Supreme 3 yesterday and I just got a chance to run a couple of bowls of Animal Cookies through it and man this freakin thing hits like a freight train! Great flavor and potency in such a small package.

So far I have been taking my first 2 hits stopping heating at 340 and it settles to 355 or so, next 2hits reheat to 350 settles to 365-370, and last 2 hits reheat to 370 settles to 385-390. I love the flavor that the Supreme produces especially if you wait to insert the bowl after it has reached the desire temp.

I am already heavily medicated but I have some Ken's GDP that needs to meet the Supreme.

SD_haze

Supreme ain't for the faint hearted! I just accidentally fireballed my bedroom actually.

Was refilling torch #1 while torch #2 was heating up the supreme. The fill-up sprayed and everything went orange as I fell backward in my chair. Luckily zero damage!

Roomate said the fireball was as long as a medium-sized dog :science:

Top Bottom