Discontinued Supreme Vaporizer

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
All I can say now.. is that the true power of the SV lies in the oiled herb sandwiches + convection....
So smooth... and efficient..

Abysmal Vapor,
Reactions: Vitolo

SD_haze

I owe the Supreme, a verbal shout out....
No water or whips for me...
SV2 straight up~

To use the supreme even better straight up with no water or no whips, I modified my supreme so I have a piece of silicone around the metal tube sticking out, but it doesn't go past the end of the tube.

I also removed the orange mouthpiece.

This means that the vapor goes from herb-->metal (reclaimable) tube-->lungs without even a tiny bit of synthetics in the airpath.

The silicone wrap around the tube prevents your lips from getting hot and, like you keep saying Vito, the supreme is surprisingly smooth with such a short vapor travel path. Plus, the shorter the vapor path, the less condensation and nicer flavor on that first cloud.

Lastly, the silicone allows the supreme to fit 100% airtight in a standard 14mm GonG downstem, but unlike with the orange adapter, you can twist it in and it'll stay upright. Don't have to hold it to create a seal.

34fd1dw.jpg

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Where has the Supreme been my whole life?

I was scared to use it, having to use a torch and all. But I sucked it up on Friday. WOW! I have neglected my other vaporizers the past 3 days...thanks to the Supreme.

My first thought - after trying the first time - was - "is this safe"? The Aluminum and all. I guess that wasn't such a big concern to me - since I kept coming back to it.

When I first got it - I didn't know how to use it - and should have read up but....I assumed you have to remove one screen - and put the herb in the removable tube. So I took off one side, and realized it's a pain to remove/replace. I thought "I would never use this", because it seemed so stupid to remove/attach the screen all the time. I finally got it back into place, and put it away to think about it, and learn more...

Vitolo gave me the strength to give it a shot. So, I used it once as intended, except I heated up on my electric stove top. About 320 - I take it off. Works super! However that damn screen is annoyingly hard to clean/replace so I got angry - and ripped it off.

Now - I just drop the herb in the chamber, and plop in a regular screen - it covers the whole bottom. It's easy to replace and clean. This thing is awesome, and it does it's job faster than any other vape! It actually left me pretty stupified the few times I used it - nice job, I'd say!

Everyday, I just look forward to using it again. Such a shame it is Aluminum, though!

SD_haze

Just say to yourself, it's special aluminum :razz:

About the screen, getting used to it take a bit, but one thing I noticed with the supreme is the performance doesn't drop too badly with a dirty screen. Unlike other vapes, airflow speed isn't critical for vapor production so the decreased airflow from the dirty screen isn't as big of a deal.

SD_haze,
Reactions: sessnet

Vitolo

Vaporist
I use a brush like the MFLB brush to brush off that screen... then if therevare stubbor grains, I go in from behind with a tiny brush .. and "dab' at the screen with the brush from behind (be gentle!)
this dislodges any particles stuck, and a brushoff from the front tidies it up!

Vitolo,

Nycdeisel

Vitolo sees it the same, I also would brush the screen to get it 'tidied up' since it seems to get stopped up quickly.

Sessnet thats great you're enjoying it. My only caution is paying attention so you dont accidentally go too hot(as in, 330 on the display, should be the max, the instructions also seem to caution this).

Nycdeisel,

Abysmal Vapor

What screen are you talking about guys ? The screen of the aluminium mouthpiece that seals the herb chamber ? Or you got some screen in the herb chamber.. (i do not).
Btw i gave up the alu mouthpiece and i am using gong from the gnome as mentioned before.
When i load in the chamber i seal the hole with a round screen from my magic wand with is the size of the rubber o-ring that seals the wooden hole. I push the screen all the way to the end of the wooden body (begging of the herb chamber)and then push the glass stem towards the hole.

Abysmal Vapor,

SD_haze

Just your screen that seals the herb chamber.

I think I've only read of only one person adding a second screen down at the bottom of the herb chamber.

SD_haze,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
What screen are you talking about guys ? The screen of the aluminium mouthpiece that seals the herb chamber ? Or you got some screen in the herb chamber.. (i do not).
Btw i gave up the alu mouthpiece and i am using gong from the gnome as mentioned before.
When i load in the chamber i seal the hole with a round screen from my magic wand with is the size of the rubber o-ring that seals the wooden hole. I push the screen all the way to the end of the wooden body (begging of the herb chamber)and then push the glass stem towards the hole.

I'll take a picture of my soft mod :)

I am interested in yours too - if you, can take a picture, please! Using a glass stem makes me feel a little better about the materials being used...and I would like to try what you are describing.

sessnet,

Abysmal Vapor

Well i am using screen in the herb chamber just before the pin(it looks much closer to the begging of the herb chamber but it is truly right before the pin) in the middle for my herb sandwiches in order to get a tiny nicely packed load. I tried using the supreme without it.. traditionally and did not get other than leaking vapor off the top.. (and probably condensing inside the heating element) the taste flawed + the high felt dirtier..Thats nothing supreme in vapor quality ..
I will take pics soon..
283DSC_1797.jpg

387DSC_1802.jpg

When i am using just herbs don't load in the aluminium bowl but in the glass blow stems i posted earlier.. This is my herb sandwich toaster setup. I found myself prefering mostly convection for straight herbs and a combo with conduction when concentrates are involved.

Abysmal Vapor,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Ahh I see, that is what I am doing, other than that extra screen inside the herb chamber. I figure it will get stuck, and limit the amount I can put in there.

I am only using this for herbs, since concentrates are nonexistent around here - unless you make your own, which gets super expensive.

sessnet,

Abysmal Vapor

Well i can use it with herb that way too.. and it will be far more efficient than the standart method.. It will create kind of a log vape load...(0.05 - 0.2) Try it.. you wont be disappointed.. I just prefer loading into separate glassbowl for purer experience. You just have to justify so much heating for just few hits when you load that small. (also i noticed that herb get extracted much faster when it is a bit more packed than scattered around the tube. ) I would anytime use the Gnome before the supreme for such small amounts of herb.. Faster heat up,you can watch herb change color (better than any temp read) ....
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Overall for now I am planning only to use my supreme for herb sandwiches and camping(although i have to bring extra butane .. might be better off with gnome again..although they are a bit more breakable than the SV :). but less :2c:.
Although i can't justify SV use over UD and Gnomes in my case i must say that i would choose this vape anytime over all other vapes i tried.. except those 3

Abysmal Vapor,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Well, the quality of stuff I've been getting isn't great at all. I used to get really nice stuff years ago, but for the past year or two - nothing. So, unfortunately, I have to pack my vaporizers as much as possible.

I go as far as buying as many different kinds I can get, all pretty low grade, just so I can mix them and get a little better effect.

God knows I would love to put just a small amount and be happy :love:

sessnet,

Dogman

Vaporist Extrordinair
You guys should really try a hit around 250 degrees! The flavor is very sweet, although the clouds are smaller, the sweetness of the hit is amazing.

I use a screen design that was standard with the SV1, it is a 1" screen, the edges are bent upward to fit the bowl properly and had a short piece of paper clip attached through 2 holes drilled in the screen with the clip attached to be able to remove the screen. It only requires the one screen and solves a lot of issues.

Dogman,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
i am using gong from the gnome as mentioned before.

Sorry if I seem hard headed, can you clarify this? You are using a glass stem that goes inside the metal tube? I would like to try with your method - do you have a link to the exact glass you are using? Thank you and sorry for all the questions.

sessnet,

scottio19

scotty
Well i am using screen in the herb chamber just before the pin(it looks much closer to the begging of the herb chamber but it is truly right before the pin) in the middle for my herb sandwiches in order to get a tiny nicely packed load. I tried using the supreme without it.. traditionally and did not get other than leaking vapor off the top.. (and probably condensing inside the heating element) the taste flawed + the high felt dirtier..Thats nothing supreme in vapor quality ..
I will take pics soon..
283DSC_1797.jpg

When i am using just herbs don't load in the aluminium bowl but in the glass blow stems i posted earlier.. This is my herb sandwich toaster setup. I found myself prefering mostly convection for straight herbs and a combo with conduction when concentrates are involved.

Just did this with my SV2, so much better now! No more worries about bud getting stuck in the block! Less of that vapor leak too when I take it up to 300+ before my first hit.

Now if I could only find a way to fashion a cage around the block to protect me from burning myself and furniture... I would like it even more than my UD!!

scottio19,

scottio19

scotty
made a heater block cover out of cardboard and just got my Honest torch in the mail from dealextreme. both were much needed improvements, the damn torch took over a month to get here from China, but it is sooo much nicer than my friend's parents' creme brulee torch that he let me borrow, and doesn't have to be lit by a lighter like the tiny benzomatic I have, the same one posted a few pages back.

the bigger torches heat up the block twice as fast as my micro benzomatic torch.

sessnet

Noob Saibot
After using my Supreme several times (10 or so), it stopped working as good.

I used to get about 7 pretty HUGE hits. I fill the whole chamber with a small layer of larger grind at the bottom, then fill rest with finer grind. Now I only seem to get 1 large hit, then 3 wispy hits...it seems its only working half as good now, or less.

I admit the stuff that I vaporize usually isn't really great, but it's still the same batch as the first few times I tried the Supreme.

Does anyone know what may be wrong, or what I could try to fix it?

sessnet,

VaporEyeSore

After using my Supreme several times (10 or so), it stopped working as good.

I used to get about 7 pretty HUGE hits. I fill the whole chamber with a small layer of larger grind at the bottom, then fill rest with finer grind. Now I only seem to get 1 large hit, then 3 wispy hits...it seems its only working half as good now, or less.

I admit the stuff that I vaporize usually isn't really great, but it's still the same batch as the first few times I tried the Supreme.

Does anyone know what may be wrong, or what I could try to fix it?

Are you using the same torch? I have found that although it reads the same temp the smaller torches do not give as good vape. I dont know wether its because it takes longer heats a smaller area or just doesnt get the whole block thoroughly heated.

VaporEyeSore,
Top Bottom