Pen Storm Vaporizer

seilogeo

Personally I am on the same amount of sessions about 350-400 but I always clean it every 4 to 5 days the oven is still white. It is as white it was when I bought last july. My advise is to clean it every week because if you dont the color inside the oven is irreversable

Melting Pot

Sick & Twisted
It's been a good while since I won this awesome Storm&Dabb storm kit.
Just wanted to share my experience.
The storm has dethroned my other pen style herb vape. I love the isolated air path,user change batts,five heat different opts for mouth piece's.
The only thing I don't like is how easy the mp falls out but the case helps with that.
And like others have posted maintenance is simple. All uthough my oven has changed color I haven't noticed a diff in flavor.
Also don't know if its recommend I've been using aw button tops in my storm little tight fit I had them and they work. Lol
All in all I'm loving my storm.
Thanks alot @VapeFiend.com

Also the bubbler mp works great also on my log stems.

Mirimi

So my Storm is still going strong after 4 months of daily use, so I wanted to share the way I use it. I still use it dry with the silicon mouthpiece.
For a bit of context, it's my first vape. I vape for pain and sleep, so low temp and dose on the daytime in order to stay active and minimum impairment, and high temp for relief and sleep. I grind by hand for medium density.

- I use small doses for the day, like 1/4 of the chamber or less. As it's a conduction vape, the load has to be a bit dense to work well. First I tried mixing with ABV to fill the chamber, but it turned into powder very fast, and clogged the mouthpiece screen. So I just added one bigger screen (the ones supplied for the chamber) on top of my load, tamped it (just a bit) and voilà! The only downside is I need the tweezers for that, but I kinda like it. I just add them to my "case" (old tobacco leather pouch), it doesn't bother me as I stay home most of the time.

- what I noticed is that the mouthpiece screen clogs very fast. As I'm both disabled and lazy, I did not want to clean it every day. The other screens stay clean way longer, and can be cleaned once every 1 or 2 weeks (even once a month for the bottom one). I think it's because the mouthpiece screen is both higher in the airpath, and stuck to the bit of steel that must act like a heat sink, so more condensation.

- As I was bothered by the clogging of the mouthpiece, I just removed its little screen and the second screen in the chamber was enough. The airflow became great! However the vapor is way harsher if you go up in temperature. I don't think my throat is particularly sensitive as I still smoke tobacco. But it makes me cough. Stepping up temp or going with a smaller dose allows me to avoid the harshness.

- I let it cool down between every session. It's a bit harder on the battery but the heat is much more manageable. Plus it allows to check for the effect, which was especially useful when I discovered vapor.

Now that I know how good an investment it was, I ordered the bubbler mouthpiece to try to relieve the harshness. And the neoprene sleeve.

Thanks again to vaposhop and vapefiend for a great product at a great price. It changed my pain management for the better! I never combust anymore (well except for tobacco, but one issue at a time!). I advise it to any newbie vaporist who cannot/does not want to invest too much in a first vape.

VapeFiend.com

Retailer
- what I noticed is that the mouthpiece screen clogs very fast. As I'm both disabled and lazy, I did not want to clean it every day. The other screens stay clean way longer, and can be cleaned once every 1 or 2 weeks (even once a month for the bottom one). I think it's because the mouthpiece screen is both higher in the airpath, and stuck to the bit of steel that must act like a heat sink, so more condensation.

Thanks for this post Mirimi, I'm so glad that you are enjoying your Storm so much!

I must really recommend the Glass Mouthpiece. It has a wider opening and gets blocked less easily, and the glass also make the vapour taste better. It's well worth buying as it really improves the Storm.

seilogeo

Put a second screen in the oven and press it to keep the load down when you inhale.
I always fill it 1/4 full when I am alone, 2/4 to 3/4 when I am with friends.
The mouthpiece never gets blocked......

Mirimi

@seilogeo and that's exactly what I do! Nowadays I don't even use the tweezers, just the little stirring/tamping tool.

So I received my new toys and tested them!

- the sleeve is great. I don't have to worry about cooldown times and hurting my fingers. And the battery loves it too. It's a must-have! If I were in the manufacturer's place, I would include it in the basic package, as it's cheap and really takes care of the 2 main drawbacks of the unit.

- the bubbler is ridiculously cute. I finally get what all the fuss is about with vaping through water. It's so smooth it's hard to control how much you're taking in. But I'll keep it for big loads only, as I like the dry taste, and it's not really needed then.
Can you put the bubbler sideways between sessions? Not for a long time of course. I have a bit of trouble filling it too.

- The glass mouthpiece is what i'm using from now on. I was biased against glass as I am a big klutz, but it does change the experience, so I'm taking the risk. Livin' wild, you know.

Loving my storm even more these days, which have been really busy and painful.

VapeFiend.com

Retailer
- the bubbler is ridiculously cute. I finally get what all the fuss is about with vaping through water. It's so smooth it's hard to control how much you're taking in. But I'll keep it for big loads only, as I like the dry taste, and it's not really needed then.
Can you put the bubbler sideways between sessions? Not for a long time of course.

I'm guessing you mean the Bubbler Mouthpiece, and not the larger Budgie Bubbler. The Bubbler Mouthpiece can be placed sideways- it should be OK, though you might get the occasional drip here and there. The Budgie should not be placed sideways!

I have a bit of trouble filling it too.

How do you mean? It takes a tiny amount of water, really just a couple of drips from a tap. You want the water to just cover the percolater holes at the bottom of the inner glass tube- any more than this and you have probably over-filled it. My technique is as follows:

1. use the funnel to fill the bubbler mouthpiece with just a couple of drops, so the perc holes are covered, no more. do this WITHOUT ATTACHING THE MOUTHPIECE TO THE VAPORIZER!!!
2. turn the bubbler mouthpiece upside down and shake any loose drips off
3. take a draw on the bubbler mouthpiece (again, without attaching it to the vaporizer yet), just to settle the water level and to make sure it is pulling how you'd like.
4. Now you can attach it to the bubbler. However, just in case a crack develops it's always a good idea to remove it from the Storm when you're finished.

Mirimi

Yes, I was referring to the bubbler mouthpiece. Thanks for the advice, it was obviously for in-between sessions and not for storing.

Thanks for the detailed filling advice. That's exactly how I was doing it, but water does drip from the bottom even though it's not filled, could it be leaking?

VapeFiend.com

Retailer
Yes it could be leaking, to test this, please fill the bubbler, dry off the bottom with a paper towel, and then stand it upright on a dry piece of paper towel. If the towel is wet after a few minutes then it's leaking! And we will of course be happy to replace this for you, just drop us an email so we can get that sorted.

Mirimi

Update:
- the mouthpiece is not leaking
- I was just confused by my first bubbler (sounds like a toy given by very irresponsible parents)
- Vapefiend rocks

*Happy stormtrooper*

saw_gameover

Might sound stupid, but does everyone end up with water in their mouth using the bubbler mouthpiece or is mine maybe a bit mis-formed? (I don't think I'm pulling too hard?)

saw_gameover,

fetterfetter

After lurking on this board on and off for years, trying to convince myself to switch to vaping, I ordered a Storm Vaporizer from Vapefiend with the Glass and Bubbler MP. Even though I didn't receive it yet I couldn't be happier to got all of that for only 115€ including free shipping to Germany, thanks Vapefiend!

I will post a small review once it gets here. Could be interesting for people with a high tolerance (who have been smoking J's daily) looking to get into vaping, just like me.

EDIT: Had questions regarding batteries, but as it may seem the Samsung 25R seem to work good. Anyone had bad long term experience? Is the difference of mAh between 2500 and 2900 (original) really made even by the output power?

Thanks guys!

Last edited:

Mirimi

Might sound stupid, but does everyone end up with water in their mouth using the bubbler mouthpiece or is mine maybe a bit mis-formed? (I don't think I'm pulling too hard?)

It happens to me too, and I don't fill the bubbler much. It's a really small quantity of water, more like moisture: helps with the dry mouth, so I like it. But I have to fill the bubbler again after a few sessions. I guess it's expected because the bubbler mouthpiece has such a tiny volume.

EDIT: Had questions regarding batteries, but as it may seem the Samsung 25R seem to work good. Anyone had bad long term experience? Is the difference of mAh between 2500 and 2900 (original) really made even by the output power?

Thanks guys!

After 6+ months of daily use, my original battery is still working fine, and I don't feel a significant difference, either in power or capacity, compared to the new one I just purchased. Just my feeling though, I haven't measured anything.

DaBub710

Anyone tried to vape concentrates with the storm?
I received mine yesterday (I quit smoking 3 years ago, and enjoy vaping since then)
I mainly use concentrates so I bought the storm on purpose... The thing is I can't make it to work with concentrates as it melts but never vaporise, even after emptying the battery trying :)
It works really really nice with herbs, at any temp. But not with concentrates sadly...

I used the Stainless Steel cup that is in the box...i know there's a titanium cup, I can try but I'm not sure it would improve that much...

Anyone had success with concentrates with the Storm ?

I can't find any review about it on the internet...

Thanks for your help

Peace
Bub

Ruta

I'd heard it was all about the titanium one, the steel one being neither use nor ornament, i thought there was a different design rather than just being a different material, could be my imagination :)

andyzbox

hi

I started vaping last year and managed to kill smoking joints all together. I did a ton of research and in the end decided just to jump straight in and go top of range and get a Crafty. All the reviews where pretty good. To be fair It was great but very soon the only lasting for 2 sessions before recharge became a pain in the butt. Esp when out in the evening etc. It then broke and whilst it was sent off to be replaced I needed a cheap alternative.

I met someone who had a storm and liked it so invested. Omg what can I say, I fricking love it!!! Much more than my Crafty for many reasons. 1) battery is awesome. I norm get 8 sessions compared to 2 on crafty. 2) the heat up time is much quicker 3) I prefer the taste and get much better clouds. 4) ability to carry a spare battery. 5) the bubbler mouth piece Sooooo awesome! 6) cleaning is much easier. I'm sure the is more but that's what comes to mind!!

I'll be selling my crafty when it get back as I love the storm sooooooo much. Didn't end up being that cheap after all tho cos I get carried away easy. I added bubbler, glass mp, spare battery, water attachement, smell proof case and sleeve lmao

The only thing that can be easily improved is to include a filling tool. Such a simple idea, I rolled a cone outta paper, place into the oven and I just pour in! Easy idea could knock something up very simple and cheap.

Thanks @VapeFiend.com you have made a beautiful product!!

Off subject has anyone else started bad snoring since vaping?! Was fine before on the joints lol but started soon as I started vaping and seems to be getting worse! Eeeeek

DaBub710

I'd heard it was all about the titanium one, the steel one being neither use nor ornament, i thought there was a different design rather than just being a different material, could be my imagination :)

so you think it's because of the SS cup ? why ? i mean, it would surely have a better taste with titanium, but i don't understand why it would vaporize better than w/ the SS one....? Sorry for my English, it's been a long time i didn't practice (french here)
does this means the temperature i get are not the right temp ?

hi

I started vaping last year and managed to kill smoking joints all together. I did a ton of research and in the end decided just to jump straight in and go top of range and get a Crafty. All the reviews where pretty good. To be fair It was great but very soon the only lasting for 2 sessions before recharge became a pain in the butt. Esp when out in the evening etc. It then broke and whilst it was sent off to be replaced I needed a cheap alternative.

I met someone who had a storm and liked it so invested. Omg what can I say, I fricking love it!!! Much more than my Crafty for many reasons. 1) battery is awesome. I norm get 8 sessions compared to 2 on crafty. 2) the heat up time is much quicker 3) I prefer the taste and get much better clouds. 4) ability to carry a spare battery. 5) the bubbler mouth piece Sooooo awesome! 6) cleaning is much easier. I'm sure the is more but that's what comes to mind!!

I'll be selling my crafty when it get back as I love the storm sooooooo much. Didn't end up being that cheap after all tho cos I get carried away easy. I added bubbler, glass mp, spare battery, water attachement, smell proof case and sleeve lmao

The only thing that can be easily improved is to include a filling tool. Such a simple idea, I rolled a cone outta paper, place into the oven and I just pour in! Easy idea could knock something up very simple and cheap.

Thanks @VapeFiend.com you have made a beautiful product!!

Off subject has anyone else started bad snoring since vaping?! Was fine before on the joints lol but started soon as I started vaping and seems to be getting worse! Eeeeek

what's your e-liquid PG/VG ratio ? i know PG can be irritating for throat, i can't vape anything that is more than 20% PG without harm in my throat, so it might be the same for your nose :)
did you try VG juices or at least 50/50 ?

DaBub710,

jamesuk9

Crew Slut...
I have a Crafty and a Storm. As @andyzbox says, it became my go to over and above the Crafty for many of the same reasons. Great little vape and absolutely perfect for new vapers and those on a budget or even just as an emergency spare device.

I use a Grasshopper daily now and have given the Storm a rest but i do bust it out occasionally still.

Great device.

jamesuk9,
Reactions: Mirimi

Ruta

This was the post back on page 2 that put that in my head about the titanium one being better, it seems, from looking on Vapefiend site, that both the titanium and stainless are now designed similair so this is probably not applicable to you?
I've always mixed the odd bit of concentrate with my greenery, never just by itself, sorry i cannot be of any help, you are right on it being spot on for herb tho, i've used it on the daily for well over a year now, i'm well over tobacco :)

So I received my titanium cap and it's a big improvement over the steel one when it comes to airflow :clap: having said that it's still not quite where I would like it, for sipping its great or mouth pulls but for a deep lung inhale it's still a little restrictive (for my taste, others may vary) so I made quite a few adjustments to my steel cap to find my sweet spot, four holes starting at 5/64 size then five bits later finished at 5/32 I think this is where I'm happy but am now out of concentrates :doh: next batch should be finished tomorrow so I can give it a final test, but it feels like it now has a similar restriction to the improved MP so that should be me done.

Cap on the right is my modified steel cap.

And I'm going to have a play with some batteries, after reading the x-max recommends something quite different it's been on my mind :mental: after a little searching through draws I found quite a few of the usual suspects including the Samsung 25r (x-max recommended I think?) personally I don't thing high amps are needed and I think I will find its a bit of a waste of time but it's in my head now so it's out of my control im just a passenger along for the ride :lol: the batteries range from 2200mAh to 3200mAh and are a mix of A ratings, to keep things as comparable as I can I plan on doing almost like a burn off (remove MP set to green and start a session (till auto cutoff) and count the session on each battery.

This makes perfect sense both from a spillage point of view and also the way e-liquids hit with this kind of delivery system, I do keep a bottle of e-liquid in my case now (just for added stealth) but had never thought to try it in the storm itself, probably never will though as I'm happy with my current coil/wick setup on my subox mini (50W) and I don't think the storm could perform anywhere close to this for e-liquid for my usage (and I wouldn't expect it to either as its a completely different beast)

Still really liking the storm, it's been put through the its paces while working on my cousins house (seems like a never ending project :bang:) mixed with a Vapman (to cover charge time) it has kept all five of us very happy while working :tup: it's simple enough that anyone can pick it up and get good results, and sturdy enough that I don't mind others using it.

I'm sure if the storm can put up with this environment (and this is the good side of the room :lol:) and four other heavy handed tradesmen using it it can be classed as rugged enough for use anywhere, as long as you can remember where you put it down :hmm: but find the storm was a good game :D

DaBub710

This was the post back on page 2 that put that in my head about the titanium one being better, it seems, from looking on Vapefiend site, that both the titanium and stainless are now designed similair so this is probably not applicable to you?
I've always mixed the odd bit of concentrate with my greenery, never just by itself, sorry i cannot be of any help, you are right on it being spot on for herb tho, i've used it on the daily for well over a year now, i'm well over tobacco :)

Ok i haven't seen that one post before i bought it...I'm a bit disapointed as a longterm VF customer...i bought the storm BECAUSE of the concentrates vaporizing capability, so it's kind of a problem while it's not working at all for this...

Herb only dude.

i'm sorry but it's being sold with this mention (first description sentence on VF website) :

Storm Vaporizer Pen is a high-quality, simple to use and well built portable vaporizer for herbs, resins and oils. We sell the latest version, with improved airflow.

So ?

i'm sorry this vaporizer might be great, BUT you just can't say it's a vaporizer for herbs, resins and oils...

VF doesn't want to hear my question, i'm a little bit confused now...
anyway cheers guys for your help

Bub

DaBub710,
Reactions: Mirimi

sChris

Account Closed
It has functionality to vape all of those, so that's what the marketing says it can do. It doesn't have to say if it does all of them well, thats what reviews are for... if you can find an unbiased one

sChris,

andyzbox

Ok i haven't seen that one post before i bought it...I'm a bit disapointed as a longterm VF customer...i bought the storm BECAUSE of the concentrates vaporizing capability, so it's kind of a problem while it's not working at all for this...

i'm sorry but it's being sold with this mention (first description sentence on VF website) :

Storm Vaporizer Pen is a high-quality, simple to use and well built portable vaporizer for herbs, resins and oils. We sell the latest version, with improved airflow.

So ?

i'm sorry this vaporizer might be great, BUT you just can't say it's a vaporizer for herbs, resins and oils...

VF doesn't want to hear my question, i'm a little bit confused now...
anyway cheers guys for your help

Bub
No mate misunderstood. I was answering the above saying I only smoke herb in mine. :)

andyzbox,
Top Bottom