• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Pen Storm Vaporizer

VapeFiend.com

Retailer
Thanks so much for your feedback @Philreal187 and @NorVape .

Actually on the bullet subject: We have now released a bullet for the Storm, called the Storm Resin Capsule- it was designed primarily for use with pressed resins, so that you can use the bullet and keep the chamber clean. But it works very well with herbs too.
This is not included in the kit, but is available as an accessory.

storm-resin-cap.jpg

storm-resin-cap-2.jpg

Last edited:

NorVape

Vape Rictim
Sorry for b2b, but that's how it is.

I've tested the resin bullet (not the cotton wicked one that's included) for pressed resin, in this case some lovely gooey dark hashish.

First I tried it how it comes, with a little screen in the middle. Works great for my rosin, but for my hash it produced great flavour and small clouds. I guess the Storm doesn't heat up enough for proper convection with hashish.

Then I pressed the screen to the bottom of the bullet, and it really helped! I got fat cloud after fat cloud after fat cloud. The vapor is a little harsher with the screen this way, but that's a small price to pay for the clouds and effects.

I highly recommend the Storm with the resin bullet (not included) to anyone who lives in a hashish country :)

Pair it with the bubbler mouthpiece and it's smooth sailing :cool:

This vape is not really revolutionary, but it's a perfected version of an already existing concept/type of vape, and for what it is it's really underrated.

At this price I'm guessing more people in my hometown are going to get one, once they try it.

Mr Tree

hey guys - i had to log in to show my appreciation, firstly to the guys at Vapefiend and now also for you guys discussing the Storm here - lots of interesting points!

so i've smoked a lot of joints over the years, but my wife is not a big fan so i started looking into alternatives for a quicker easier cleaner smoke. i bought the Storm six weeks ago and it's been a bit of a game-changer! i quickly bought the sleeve and glass mouthpiece too and they've added to the experience. this country is very liberal anyway so packing my Storm in a pub while out for beers with friends is totally fine (same as wrapping up used to be), but one slight drawback (depending on the crowd) is that people have said to me that it does "look" a lot more "druggy" than making a cheeky little joint.

however that is balanced by some great benefits, e.g. i went to have a session outside (generally it's fine to make a joint inside here but smoke outside, so i was in that habit) and the barman said "no worries, you can use that in here" (thinking it was an e-cig). That night was my first go at trying it indoors, and the guys i was with assured me that it doesn't smell, so that's great! And subsequently i have tried it at home when the wife's been out and about and she hasn't even sniffed the air suspiciously - woohoo! No more need to go take the dog for a walk to get a hit (sorry doggy).

ANYWAY... i'm generally flying solo here, and am a bit of an impractical bastard at the best of times, so some questions have occurred to me that you good people might be able to help me with (or at least, find good material to mock a silly newbie with!)

1/ i'm wondering if i'm doing it right ;)
I know it's working well - i was overjoyed that (having read a bit before giving it a first try) it worked ideally from the first go. A few twists in the grinder and not packing the chamber (just a couple of prods down but not packing it tight), so loosely-packed coarsely-ground herb. 5mins on blue setting, 5mins on green setting, then eat everything in sight over the next 2hrs.........
My question: if i clean out the Storm at this point, the herb is all brown. Is it "finished"? How do i know if it's "finished"? I don't want to throw away good herb if there's still something usable there, but don't want to spend another session sucking on spent erb...

2/ Is there any "use" for the herb at that point? I am really quite clueless, was just wondering if there's anything to be done like making a cup of tea with it or something?!?

3/ can i leave it charging overnight? i've seen references to it shutting off once charged, but still a bit wary and haven't tried it yet. i haven't bought a separate charger yet...

4/ any tips for cleaning the glass mouthpiece itself? and the screen at the bottom of it? i brush away the bits of herb that get sucked up into it, but it does seem to be slowly accumulating bits that i guess will slowly gum up the screen... as for the mouthpiece itself, i'm not sure if it would be condensation etc but it already doesn't "look" so clean... i haven't tried to take the glass mouthpiece apart, so i don't know if the glass part can easily be separated, or if the screen can easily be replaced, etc..?

sorry for being so demanding, but i'm looking forward to hearing some knowledgeable perspective that can help me enjoy this awesome product even further!! cheers!

mikeben

1. If you aren't get any more vapor or flavor you are done. The Storm won't combust in my experience so feel free to up it all the way to high if you want use it all up. Different temps give you different good things health and high wise.

2. Many people eat the AVB and make a butter with it. Others put it in capsules and take it in pill form. I am bad about saving it myself, but maybe I just need a Magic Butter machine.

3. From what I remember in the guide it is safe to leave in the charge as it will shut off when done. I found it very, very decent for a USB charged battery and bought an extra battery. Didn't see the need to order the charger from overseas as I was not sure it would work here in the US, and also didn't know how much shipping it would be.

4. ISO or glass cleaner designed for vaporist (I like Randy's Black Label) dabbed on a cotton swab (we call them Q-Tip's here) will do the trick with this vape. Dip another with water to rinse off, and then dry it with another.

Though I want to be a Medical Card user too badly to risk it right now, (my state is VERY strict) this would be an excellent public vape.

Philreal187

I think the easiest way to keep and use your already been vaped herb (abv) is save it up in jar for a nice day off. I like to just take 3 or 4 full spoonfuls and blend it into a delicious smoothie usually I got chocolate and banana flavor :ko:

Another way is just add some abv to oatmeal. Peanut butter and crackers... What ever creative way u come up with I promise u will definitely start to save your abv haha.

I have never tried cooking it bc the smoothie is just so much easier for me.

@Mr Tree hope this helps and congrats on moving to vaporizing instead of combustion the rewards are endless in my opinion!!

:peace:

Mr Tree

cheers fellas, interesting stuff - i guess i wasn't sure if the usefulness had been taken out of the herb or not, but seems i was definitely wrong in assuming it was "spent". i shall start to save it, and work out something to do with it.

@mikeben (and others) - so in your experience, would the two sessions that i mentioned generally be enough, or do you find that you still get useful hits off a 3rd/4th/etc session...? or just "it depends"? :)

NorVape

Vape Rictim
It is very common to wonder when it's all spent in the beginning, but trust me, it comes natural after a while :)

And when you use the ABV for edibles nothing goes to waste.

I usually Vape till I don't enjoy the flavours and/or the clouds are too small compared to the draws.

mikeben

cheers fellas, interesting stuff - i guess i wasn't sure if the usefulness had been taken out of the herb or not, but seems i was definitely wrong in assuming it was "spent". i shall start to save it, and work out something to do with it.

@mikeben (and others) - so in your experience, would the two sessions that i mentioned generally be enough, or do you find that you still get useful hits off a 3rd/4th/etc session...? or just "it depends"? :)
Really you will get the hang of it, so many variables as far as how long you used your herb, what temp, what quality and strain. It's never exactly the same which is why vaping is fun.

Mr Tree

cheers man. i think it answers the question of "am i throwing this out too early?" anyway - i ramped up to three and four sessions yesterday and seemed to still be getting good effects. i think part of the problem is that i have a poor sense of taste and smell, so i'm a bit unclear on where the line is. but as you say, i'll get the hang of it as i experiment.

i'm definitely looking forward to experimenting with the ABV too - i've had a look into the cooking before but i'm not a culinary person and some of the solutions seemed a bit complicated. but i might try to convince the wife that i'm on a health drive in the New Year and work out how to get smoothies out of our device :D

CapitalFlower

Hey guys,

I just received my Storm! :D But got a few Q's...

1) It came with a 5V 1A USB charger. I already have a 5V 2A USB charger... Can I use my one for twice as fast charging?

2) Does the herb just get heated from underneath (true convection) or is it also heated at the sides as well like the Pinnacle (conduction & convection)?

3) Do I need to do a burn-off? If so, how should I go about doing it?

4) Can anyone recommend some good batteries for it? I have the XTAR charger.

Many thanks!!

CapitalFlower,

VapeFiend.com

Retailer
Hey @jjl5590! Congratulations on your new Storm!

1) I'm afraid it won't charge the battery any faster, the charge circuit in the unit will only take 1A.
2) It's conduction and convection- the heat element is around the bowl.
3) yes I'd do 10 mins at full temp so you get a nice clean flavour the first time.
4) I would not recommend using higher rated batteries than the Samsung battery included. In our experience they will not improve performance and may damage the unit. You can buy more batteries at our store, there is a coupon code in the Retailer Announcements Thread for 15% off.

Enjoy!

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@jjl5590
1. the onboard charger may not allow 2A thru. Li-ion batteries last longer when they are charged at low amps.
2. I think the heater is wrapped around the ceramic oven. No idea without stripping it down but all the contents seem to get an even heating.
3. Yes do a burn off or 3. You will be the only one to know when the manufacturers taste has gone. It's subjective after all. I did about 2/3 runs empty on white then put a load in and and ran from red up. I could still taste it on the first couple of draws but once you've used it this should disappear.
4. I would recommend Samsung 25R or LG HE4. Both are high output cells. Don't be put off by their lower mah rating. Both the Samsung and LG will put out 20A so they don't have to work as hard as my 5A 3500mah Panasonics.
@VapeFiend.com you beat me to it. I can't see why a higher output cell would damage it. The onboard electrics should be well regulated. I haven't heard of any problems from my mate and he uses the one supplied and a 25R.

VapeFiend.com

Retailer
@jjl5590
I can't see why a higher output cell would damage it. The onboard electrics should be well regulated. I haven't heard of any problems from my mate and he uses the one supplied and a 25R.

Our tests showed no benefit from higher rated batteries- no significant increase in vaping time, and often these batteries became less reliable as time went on. We also had a few cases of higher rated batteries leaking, causing damage to the unit. Personally I would stick with the Samsung ones, they are tried and tested.

CapitalFlower

Unfortunately I think I may have a broken unit :/

I put it on charge and the white light came on, presumably to indicate its current state of charge and the fact that it's charging.

Without realizing I accidentally removed the charging cable, and when I reconnected it the lights flashed but then no white light came on. It's currently sitting on charge now with all the lights out.

Is this normal operation?

VapeFiend.com

Retailer
Unfortunately I think I may have a broken unit :/

I put it on charge and the white light came on, presumably to indicate its current state of charge and the fact that it's charging.

Without realizing I accidentally removed the charging cable, and when I reconnected it the lights flashed but then no white light came on. It's currently sitting on charge now with all the lights out.

Is this normal operation?

Yes, it means the unit is fully charged. Check this video out.

CapitalFlower

But how can that be when the manual says to charge it for 6 hours before initial use, and it was showing a white light before I accidentally pulled the plug?

EDIT: All seems to be working well :) Not sure what the manual meant by the 6 hour charge

Last edited:

saw_gameover

Thanks so much for your feedback @Philreal187 and @NorVape .

Actually on the bullet subject: We have now released a bullet for the Storm, called the Storm Resin Capsule- it was designed primarily for use with pressed resins, so that you can use the bullet and keep the chamber clean. But it works very well with herbs too.

@VapeFiend.com - Ever looked into something like these? The FM Dry tanks look ace and I'd kill to get some for my Storm.

Mirimi

Hello everyone, I've been lurking (pretty intensively :p) for the past months and bought the Storm as my first vaporizer as it seemed like a good price/quality ratio. I'm really happy about my purchase.
However I have one complain, like many people, the heat. I do vape at high temperatures but in a limited amount so I can let it cool down, it's not a problem - and in a conduction portable vape I guess it's pretty expected. For this reason and the fact that it already opened while I transported it I considered buying the sleeve, but I'm worried the unit won't be able to cool down properly and overheat? What is the experience of the people using it? I'm especially worried about fire hazard and battery safety.
Thank you!

VapeFiend.com

Retailer
Hello everyone, I've been lurking (pretty intensively :p) for the past months and bought the Storm as my first vaporizer as it seemed like a good price/quality ratio. I'm really happy about my purchase.
However I have one complain, like many people, the heat. I do vape at high temperatures but in a limited amount so I can let it cool down, it's not a problem - and in a conduction portable vape I guess it's pretty expected. For this reason and the fact that it already opened while I transported it I considered buying the sleeve, but I'm worried the unit won't be able to cool down properly and overheat? What is the experience of the people using it? I'm especially worried about fire hazard and battery safety.
Thank you!

Thanks for your post Mirimi, I'm glad you like the Storm!

Don't worry, the sleeve has enough ventilation that it will not cause the unit to overheat.

Top Bottom