• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Pen Storm Vaporizer

Robot

Does anyone have the diameter of the herb chamber of this vaporizer? (Curios if the resin capsule could come to use with one other device)

Robot,

Sto.Oned

Hi, I need to completely clean the mesh of the mouthpiece (the glass driptip).
I don't want to change it every 2-3 weeks, but it becomes really dirt. i can't clean it with alcohol, so I ask you which is the best way to make it clean as new, thanks! :)

Sto.Oned,
Reactions: PPN

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi, I need to completely clean the mesh of the mouthpiece (the glass driptip).
I don't want to change it every 2-3 weeks, but it becomes really dirt. i can't clean it with alcohol, so I ask you which is the best way to make it clean as new, thanks! :)
you can use a small torch to get it brand new. Use pliers to avoid burning yourself!

Enjoy this vape, I don't own it anymore but it's a reliable one!

sNc

Had one of these for a few months as my first vape, recently bought a Pax 3 and keep rating flavour on the Storm highly in comparison to that.

As others have said this a trusty little vape..removable batteries, stealthy, reliable, good flavour, ceramic oven, glass mouth piece, lots of accessories and decent vapour considering its price point.

I was considering selling my Storm to a friend but I just dont think I can part with it!

My preferred heat setting is Blue for good flavour and visible vapour moving onto green to finish the bowl. Best to use a grind more on the course side and dont pack the oven- If you fill the chamer to the top it will pull herb onto the screen and restrict airflow further (also wont heat that herb on the top without a stir)
You can add a pipe screen between the top of the chamber underneath the mouthpiece to prevent finer material restricting airflow on the fine mouthpiece.

I took mine on a 4 day trip to Amsterdam and it took a good old pounding, cleaning had to be done frequently and sometimes it wasnt as efficient with the very dry herbs on offer at the time. But still impressed by this unit.

yuluka

Hi!

I'm just trying out my new storm, and I noticed that it's getting quite hot. After a few hits even on low temperatures, the upper part is getting so hot that I can't touch it any more. The lower part gets only quite warm, but is ok to touch. Now I'm wondering if this is normal or a malfunction. And now that I'm thinking about it, I'm curious if this thing can overheat :|

yuluka,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
It's normal. The shell acts as a heatsink. Try to keep your sessions as short as possible.

And yes it's not good for the cell overall, but it won't reach any critical temperature.

KeroZen,

yuluka

It's normal. The shell acts as a heatsink. Try to keep your sessions as short as possible.

And yes it's not good for the cell overall, but it won't reach any critical temperature.

Thanks for the fast reply!

Just to clarify: The device automatically turns off after 5 minutes, do you mean I shouldn't make a session that long, but instead take a few hits and then turn it off, take another few etc.?

Sorry, but I'm a complete vaporizer noob...

yuluka,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
I'd say 15 minutes max, so 3 time-outs in a row. You may let it cool in between but being a conduction vape, when you restart the bowl it will taste a bit spent usually (this is why most users prefer to do smaller bowls in one row rather than huge bowl split over many sessions, although it's less of an issue with convection vapes)

Cooling down and reheating is also less energy efficient than doing all timer sessions in a row. So it's up to you and no big deal if you have multiple battery cells anyway.

PS: but don't worry about the heat, most new users are surprised by how hot our devices get at first, but that's needed to vaporize (at least 170°C and up to 230°C that's a lot of heat) and your unit is so small and has a metal body, making things worse...

Nilsson

3 5-Minute sessions in a row are no problem for the storm, i've used it frequently this way (with the same herbs). Don't use the little brush as long as the storm is hot, the brush will melt inside the bowl.

Nilsson,

Mirimi

The neoprene sleeve sold by vapefiend helps a lot with the external heat. It used to make me really anxious, especially when the weather is hot. I always remove it between sessions to let the Storm cool down a few minutes. Plus it helps with battery life!

Likun

Hello guys, I'm totally new here.
I just ordered my first vaporizer, the Storm V2 including the neoprence sleeve and some capsules. I'll share my impressions once I've received and tested it :).

Likun,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Welcome! Not a bad choice for a first vape.

When you get it, keep in mind that like all conduction vapes it works better with the load moderately tamped down inside the bowl (or alternatively a full bowl, but that could mean using more material than you wish)

When the bowl is brand new and shiny, the "puck" will tend to rise, especially because you will tend to draw too hard at first (you need to sip very slowly with this one) Happens also if you shake the device during use etc. There are various remedies including putting an extra screen on top of the puck or using hemp or cotton fibers as a filler and filter.

Just keep in mind: compact load = more conduction, between the plant materials and from the bowl walls to the material. Even if the bottom of the bowl is not heating, it is still conducting heat, so the puck must sit on it for best results.

FlyingDane

My Storm has now got me through 65 successful sessions. I’m hoping it’ll last me another 935 over the next couple of years. Does any of you more experienced vapers know if that’s a realistic expectation to an electronic vape like the Storm?

2+ years since I asked the question and the more experienced vapers cleverly dodged this unpleasant question. ;) But now it’s about time to answer it myself. And yes it was indeed a realistic expectation to get the 1000 sessions out of the Storm! Right now it sits at 1232 successful sessions (Yeah, I’m a tad obsessive, so I kept track with weekly estimates :mental:).

A session for me is a full 5 minute at green and then another 3-4 draws (still on green) to finish the load. So each session goes through at least 15 clicks. With some extra failing clicks it’s probably closer to 18 clicks pr session, so the button has now been clicked more than 22,000 times and is still working ok. Had some troubles with it not registering all clicks around session 985 and again around session 1200, but both times the problem has diminished again. Hmmm... could it be a matter of resin on the contacts? :shrug:

I also still experience this ‘instant turn off bug’ from time to time if my battery is fully charged AND the Storm is cold, but the problem diminishes when the battery gets older and I have also found my ways around this issue, by preheating the Storm 10-20 secs with a half charged battery and then change battery back to the fully charged.

Other than that the Storm has functioned flawlessly for me. It’s very easy to load, very easy to use and very easy to clean. :tup:

I bought the Storm as a temporary vape waiting for the Grasshopper to mature or the Arizer Air to drop in price. The daily use have been so smooth that I actually considered just buying a new Storm and wait another 2+ years, but with arrival of the Starry v2 I’m planning to buy one of these instead. Looks like a pain to keep the mouthpiece clean compared to the Storm, but like a fairly cheap “stealth” vape.
For easy maintenance, taste and just a general upgrade I’m considering the new Arizer Air II. :love:

Mirimi

2+ years since I asked the question and the more experienced vapers cleverly dodged this unpleasant question. ;) But now it’s about time to answer it myself. And yes it was indeed a realistic expectation to get the 1000 sessions out of the Storm! Right now it sits at 1232 successful sessions (Yeah, I’m a tad obsessive, so I kept track with weekly estimates :mental:).

22 months of daily use, dropped it many times, nearly no maintenance, and it's still going strong. It converted me to vaping and for this I will always consider it one of my best buys in any field.

Likun

So I just received my Storm (big thanks to Vaposhop for the very good service) and before I'm going to do anything wrong I'm here to ask for some first-use-advice.

My storm came with 2 capsules, I'm not very sure what they are for but it seems on is for resin and the other one for wax? I think it's those capsules: https://www.vaposhop.de/vaporizer_accessoires/vaporizer-parts/storm-resin-capsule/ and https://www.vaposhop.de/vaporizer_accessoires/vaporizer-parts/storm-concentrate-capsule/.

So am I right that there's no capsule for the herb to pack in? Herb just goes straight into the ceramic chamber?
I also got one of those FlowerMate Capsules as I read they would be nice for an on the way swap of herbs.
I don't use large amounts, usually not more than around 0.1-0.2 g per session. I've read some vaporizer, and the storm too, weren't that good for small amounts - is this true? If yes, any way to get a good vapor with that amount?
Sorry for that many newbie question but I'm quite hyped :lol:

Mirimi

So am I right that there's no capsule for the herb to pack in? Herb just goes straight into the ceramic chamber?
I also got one of those FlowerMate Capsules as I read they would be nice for an on the way swap of herbs.
I don't use large amounts, usually not more than around 0.1-0.2 g per session. I've read some vaporizer, and the storm too, weren't that good for small amounts - is this true? If yes, any way to get a good vapor with that amount?
Sorry for that many newbie question but I'm quite hyped :lol:

Your intuition is right!

For smaller amounts I just add a second screen on top of the material. But at 0.1, 0.2g you won't need it.

Mirimi,
Reactions: Likun

scienide

Hi,

just a few quick questions about the storm ... Had it for quite some time and it still works great, but i dont use it that much, when i am at home i use desktop vapes.

1. What kind of batteries are recommended to use ... High power ecigarette batteries or normal 18650 batteries?
2. Is it possible to update the firmware, or adjust the settings for the vape? Would love to have the 3/2 clicks to turn on/change temp and increase the auto off time out to 10 or even 15 minutes.

Since i got the storm, i havent used my solo anymore. I gave that one away to a friend this weekend... The storm is much more useful as a portable vape with the replaceable batteries and even has a slightly better taste.

Thanks in advance...

scienide,

VapeFiend.com

Retailer
Hi scienide,

We recommend the Samsung 29E 18650 for the Storm- it is the best battery to get the most use out of the unit.

Unfortunately it is not possible to update the firmware with the Storm- but the Storm firmware is very simple, and hasn't needed updating at all since launch.

Orestis

hrXxWH
k9D4BH

Hello everyone! I am storm user and I am very satisfied. I have one issue though. I havent really used these two, not successfully at least. The one is for resin or that's what they say, the other for concertrates. First of all what is resin exactly and secondly does anyone ever enjoyed storm using these two capsules? I have never enjoyed hash in that capsule very weak vape and i dont know what exactly I could put inside the other with the holes. Thanks for your help

Orestis,

Mr. Whitewall

Unless it has changed, the one with a screen and a wick underneath is for e-liquid?
The Ti one was sold separately at the time I got mine (it has a different shine) and was for concentrates of any sort, whether hash, shatter, etc, IIRC.

Can't shine any light on the performance though, sadly lost my capsule on the way home the day I purchased it, :cry: it was so tiny; everything has a box apart from that :(
Never had a taste for e-liquid so until someone else may wanna chime in, its all I can help with!

Mr. Whitewall,

sNc

hrXxWH
k9D4BH

Hello everyone! I am storm user and I am very satisfied. I have one issue though. I havent really used these two, not successfully at least. The one is for resin or that's what they say, the other for concertrates. First of all what is resin exactly and secondly does anyone ever enjoyed storm using these two capsules? I have never enjoyed hash in that capsule very weak vape and i dont know what exactly I could put inside the other with the holes. Thanks for your help

Forget using the Storm for Hash or concentrates with the capsules supplied- it just doesn't perform well for those.
You will end up draining the battery in a futile attempt of getting vapour.

Instead I would recommend using softer hashes and making a sandwich with flower in the chamber top and bottom and Hash in the middle, better performance and taste...this device is really herb/flower use only.

sNc,

PLJ

hrXxWH
k9D4BH

Hey man, new storm user myself as well. The one with the cotton (a wick) is for concentrates. These are pure extracts with (virtualy) no plant matter. They will melt, get into the wick, and evaporate from there. It is frequently also used to talk about hash, which is not really correct, but meh.

Resin, in case of cannabis, are the trichomes. Sieved plant matter, ending up being mostly trichomes and a bit of plant matter, compressed, is hash. This will leave a bit of residu after vaping, which is akin to AVB.

The capsule with the wick, is for stuff without impurities like oils or shatter. The other for stuff that leaves residu, like hash, isolator, and water hash.

Neither produce large clouds of vapor with hash, on white setting .. (I made the mistake of putting the hash in the wick version first, but it really doesnt matter at all) But hell, does it work!

The AV(R? C? B?) is as potent as when using bud. I really like the way it works with hash in the titanium capsule (wickless), and I get really stoned on really small amounts, but, no vapor at all.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

VapeFiend.com

Retailer
It's true that the Storm isn't the best vape for concentrates- it is better with resins but still not as good as some others. You can get better results with the Storm by waiting an extra minute after the light has stopped blinking, then inhaling very gently, so that the chamber isn't cooled down too much every time you inhale.

Sto.Oned

Hi guys, two questions..
1-i just casually discovered how to remove the piece under the dip tip, the ring area that sorround the ceramic chamber. Well, inside there that kind of material is all black and dirt, it seems burnt , is it normal or I have to change / clean it ?? what's made of !? It doesn't seems healthy..

2 I broke the dip tip. Because I m not crazy for spending 25/30€ for a piece of glass covered by plastic, and because the bases of the tip is still intact, which termic pastry or material should I use to cover and protect it (maybe creating a better and stronger tip)?

Sto.Oned,
Top Bottom