• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Pen Storm Vaporizer

stardustsailor

Accessory Maker
My tests on Storm ...

Type: Conduction Vaporizer

Case material : Aluminium Alloy for the battery holder ,Zinc alloy for the main body.
Not from stainless steel as advertised !

Chamber Volume : 1.4 ml
( Fine ground herb has an average density of 250mg/ml ,
thus the chamber fits about 350 mg of herb )

Overheating Protection : NO
(Unit could prove to be quite dangerous if the temperature sensing circuitry starts malfuctioning . )

Temperature Accuracy Test :

Total tolerance of testing equipment : +/- 1.3 °C
Sampling Frequency: 4 Hz ( 4 samples / sec )
Sensor** : Omega Κ type thermocouple
Ambient temperature during testing : Ta= 23 °C
** (Chamber full ,Sensor installed at center of cylindrical heating chamber )
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Results:
Selected Temperature <> Μeasured*** Temperature ( Τa= 23°C)
***( Stable value for 60" = Measured Value )

180 °C <> 179 °C ( 182 °C ,Ta=25°C )
190 °C <> 188,25 °C ( 190,25 °C ,Ta=25°C )
200 °C <> 196,25 °C ( 198,25 °C ,Ta=25°C )
210 °C <> 206,75 °C ( 208,75 °C ,Ta=25°C )
220 °C <> 217 °C ( 219 °C ,Ta=25°C )

180c_zpstbnfnuop.jpg

190c_zpsmdix3oq1.jpg

200c_zpspc0ujzgk.jpg

210c_zpsaxpv0m1b.jpg

220c_zps3nlgk8bm.jpg

Mirimi

Thanks for your data, I hope you do that for many vaporizers!
The temperature control is more accurate than I expected actually.

- When you place the thermocouple, you say it was a full chamber? Was it bud or ABV?
- What was the maximum measured temperature before stabilization compared to the setpoint?

stardustsailor

Accessory Maker
- When you place the thermocouple, you say it was a full chamber? Was it bud or ABV?
- What was the maximum measured temperature before stabilization compared to the setpoint?

-Neither.Was a mixture of herbs (mint,greek mountain tea,spearmint,peppermint,sage & lavender )

-Not any "overshoot" while heating , if that's what you're asking ...

Last edited:

Mr Tree

After 8 month and 400+ sessions I changed the bottom screen for the first time yesterday. Airflow didn’t really seem affected by the build up under the screen, but when I draw forcefully with an empty oven I got dust and small particles in my mouth, so it was time to do something. :suspicious:

One of the thing I love most about the Storm is the quick and easy maintenance. :tup:

cheers dude - this was awesome!

i was in about the same situation - i'm quite unobservant, and i actually forgot that the oven was originally white, so i only noticed when i saw a white patch in the oven one day!!

i came on here to check it out, and started to notice the slightly unclean taste too.

cleaned it as you described - poked out and then shook out the screen at the bottom, then used cotton swabs to clean up the oven.

very glad that i have now - the Storm has really changed how i smoke, and expanded my opportunities for getting high. it's been a great investment. and as you say, the fact that i can handle its maintenance shows just how quick and easy it is :)

norower

Hi all. I'm starting to think that my Storm overhits. What i get now, is a lot of plastic stinking smoke.

Any solution?

Thx in advance.

VapeFiend.com

Retailer
Hi all. I'm starting to think that my Storm overhits. What i get now, is a lot of plastic stinking smoke.

Any solution?

Thx in advance.

What you describe is certainly not usual for the Storm- please let me know how often you clean the chamber, and what setting you mainly use the Storm on. Even at the highest setting, the herbs should never combust if the unit is working as it should. If they are, a fault has occurred, and we would recommend that you contact us via this page www.vapefiend.co.uk/warranty.

Orestis

Hello guys,
I am happy to be a new Storm user, I have it in my hands since two days ago. But I worry about proper cleaning of the device.. Could someone expierienced user post something like a tutorial?The part that I worry the most is the inside of the chamber, because some of the herb goes through the screen, is this dangerous for the device ? Can I just blow lightly to send it away? I would appreciate a detailed guide about cleaning because everyone talks about wiping with bud on alchohol but its not clear how to properly protect the inside of the chamber from pieces that pass through the screen. Thanks in advance!!

VapeFiend.com

Retailer
Hello guys,
I am happy to be a new Storm user, I have it in my hands since two days ago. But I worry about proper cleaning of the device.. Could someone expierienced user post something like a tutorial?The part that I worry the most is the inside of the chamber, because some of the herb goes through the screen, is this dangerous for the device ? Can I just blow lightly to send it away? I would appreciate a detailed guide about cleaning because everyone talks about wiping with bud on alchohol but its not clear how to properly protect the inside of the chamber from pieces that pass through the screen. Thanks in advance!!

The most important advice is: don't grind your herbs too fine. Just one twist in the grinder is enough to break the herb up. You don't want to powder the herb as it can clog up the airflow holes and will stop the Storm from working properly.

If you only gently grind your herbs, you won't get this problem. Then you can clean the chamber with a quick wipe with an alcohol wipe, like Vipes. Use the brush occasionally too. This should be all the cleaning you need.

Orestis

Thanks a lot.. Actually you're right, I used it with pre grinded weed which was almost powder like.. Wrong move, fortunately I did it once like this wont do it again.. Just for this time can I blow lightly while I hold it with chamber facing down? Im sure that only some atoms of weed passed through

VapeFiend.com

Retailer
Thanks a lot.. Actually you're right, I used it with pre grinded weed which was almost powder like.. Wrong move, fortunately I did it once like this wont do it again.. Just for this time can I blow lightly while I hold it with chamber facing down? Im sure that only some atoms of weed passed through
yes that should be OK- if you're worried you could also try using a vacuum cleaner!

Orestis

Last question I hope...: When is the point when the chamber screen and other screens need to be changed and also do I need to put out the chamber's screen and clean it everytime I vape?

Orestis

Hello again everyone!! My new Storm is very good and im enjoying vaping. Is there a problem if I charge it when its below 60% but not wait till is fully charged to use it again? WIll many charges ,even short ones, damage the battery?

seilogeo

Lithium batteries bevefit from the short charges. If you do believe me search it. It is also better to never allow them to be fully discharged. So dont worry too much.

Sto.Oned

Hi guys! After my first vaporizer, the mflb, which doesn't make me satisfied anymore, I would like to pass to this one.
I have to ask some important question, before to buy it :
1 the stone is great? The herb is completely vaporized, or this vaporizer can't completely extract the thc?
2 with mflb I had to grind the herb very fine, like sugar. With this vaporizer i have to do the same, or can I have the same stone and vapor with a normal grind (common grinders)?
3 I use ecig, and I have lots of 18650. I red that this vaporizer needs particular flat top batteries, and mine are like this. So I can use whatever kind of flat top batteries without any trouble?
4 I heard about a glass drip tip and another one, that increase the airflow. Right now is it already included with the vaporizer(like on vapefiend) , or I have to buy it apart?

Thank you so much!!

jamesuk9

Crew Slut...
Hi guys! After my first vaporizer, the mflb, which doesn't make me satisfied anymore, I would like to pass to this one.
I have to ask some important question, before to buy it :
1 the stone is great? The herb is completely vaporized, or this vaporizer can't completely extract the thc?
2 with mflb I had to grind the herb very fine, like sugar. With this vaporizer i have to do the same, or can I have the same stone and vapor with a normal grind (common grinders)?
3 I use ecig, and I have lots of 18650. I red that this vaporizer needs particular flat top batteries, and mine are like this. So I can use whatever kind of flat top batteries without any trouble?
4 I heard about a glass drip tip and another one, that increase the airflow. Right now is it already included with the vaporizer(like on vapefiend) , or I have to buy it apart?

Thank you so much!!

For the money, it's probably the best vape on the market. It doesnt combust, extracts well and is brilliant with a bubbler, where huge clouds can be obtained.

I don't use mine anymore but used it daily for around 10 months with no issues whatsoever before I retired it to emergency use.

Standard 18650 cells with flat tops (Samsung 25r, Sony VTC4/5) etc that you would use for ecig are exactly the type you need for the Storm. Takes seconds to replace. The usb charging on the device works well too.

Sto.Oned

Wonderful, thank you for the advice!!
But I still need an answer to points 2 and 4 :)
Then, I know it's a completely different device, but something like Vaponic give similar performances compared to storm , regarding the amount of vapor and the stone??
Because of it's dimensions, if yes, I could prefer this one...

Sto.Oned,

UnshavenFish

But I still need an answer to points 2 and 4 :)

Grind can be anything you want, very fine will give bigger clouds (but too fine will clog the screen faster) you can even put a whole nug in and it will work (for me this gives better taste) one important thing IMO is to start with dry product (too dry and taste can suffer but not dry enough adds time to a session)

The storm comes with the improved mouthpiece (increased airflow) I had the old style and the new one is a big improvement, but the glass mouthpieces are sold separately...

This one improves airflow again, better than the improved airflow one that comes as standard (if that makes sense)...
https://www.vapefiend.co.uk/storm-glass-mouthpiece.html

This one is for connecting to a 14mm bong/bubbler...
https://www.vapefiend.co.uk/storm-glass-water-tool-adapter.html

And this one has a mini bubbler attached...
https://www.vapefiend.co.uk/storm-bubbler-mouthpiece.html

Then, I know it's a completely different device, but something like Vaponic give similar performances compared to storm , regarding the amount of vapor and the stone??
Because of it's dimensions, if yes, I could prefer this one...

I have a vaponic and storm and yes they are very different, vaponic is a convection vape while storm is conduction, vaponic is smaller but uses a torch lighter which can be less stealthy (if that's a concern) with the vaponic the temp control is how long you heat and how fast/hard you draw so takes some thought while using compared to the storm which you pick a temp and that's it it stays there till your done, they both work well and will get you where you want to be just in different ways so you need to think about how you want to use it, vaponic is a manual vape where you control everything which means there is a learning curve, the storm having electronic temp control (pretty accurate from tests above) means there is less thought involved, IME I can get more vapour from my storm than vaponic, because of the much bigger bowl and constant heat compared to a smaller bowl and having to reheat with torch after a couple draws.

For me they both have a place in my rotation but I use them at different times, the storm I have walked around my town centre with and nobody gave me a second look but I couldn't do that with vaponic, one other thing to consider is combustion is possible (and likely to start with) while with storm it won't happen unless it breaks/goes wrong.

And just to make things harder there is also the Vapcap (similar to vaponic but conduction and clicks when at vape temp)
https://www.vapefiend.co.uk/dynavap-vapcap-original.html

Good luck on your vape hunt :tup:

Ruta

I own both the storm and the Vapcap, i think they cover all the eventualities in my life, and are some of the cheapest on the market. Totally agree with all the points made by @UnshavenFish, my Storm is the out and abouter, dog walking etc, and the Vapcap more indoorsy, as using a lighter looks a tad suss outside, and harder to negotiate when on the move IMHO. The small glass mouthpiece is nicer, and a must have, but the rubber one is more undercover when in public.
I do not grind too fine as it blocks the mouthpiece too easy, there is no need anyways as it produces a well even AVB, no stir needed.
I have been using mine for over 6 months and my only complaint is the length of time it takes me to finish a load, my fault totally, sometimes i can spend 5 mins on each heat setting!!
Well worth the money in comparison to money i've spent on other, not as reliable, units, that and definitely check Vapcap, then you will have everything covered in my humble opinion :)
Happy Vaping :peace:

Sto.Oned

Beautiful, thank you so much for the precious answers!!
So I have my last questions left.. Because normally on my mflb the more you grind weed, the more you are stoned, with storm is different right?
Because of it's constant power to a certain temperature should be better with better results than mflb. So I don't need to grind too much for reaching the best thc absorbing right?
And I think I don't need also to shake the weed inside ( always on mflb one part is less exposed to temperature), because the heat arrive well also to the top part of the herb, right?
I know, I reason in another way, using a completely different device. For example also the quantity, with mflb it's nice already with,0,2-3 g, so with few. Here if I'm not wrong the storm can contain up to 3g, and it can heat it well all ?

Last question :with the small bubbler there's a better vapor? Ok, it's freshier, but it's just fresh, or it gain something else ?

Just an IMO, I think that the only con of this nice device is that 2-3 sessions is a very very few amount, considering that for normal vaping 18650, 3000mah battery last to me the WHOLE day (10-15 w average use) !!!

Last edited:

Sto.Oned

Sorry if I double post but this is a really different question, I m swimming in the deep world of vaping and I need to clarify something.
In your opinion which is the best portable vaporizers with convection, 18650 batteries use and around $100-120 max?
How can be total convection (only bottom) better than a heat all around the herb (induction)?

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
It's not better it's different.

In your price range there's not much... But if you can go higher, check the Milaana as well as the upcoming Firewood 4. The Apollo is good too.

If you remove the 18650 requirement, you can add the Firefly 2 and the Elevape Smart Vape to the list.

Sto.Oned

Understood. So this storm give a nice stone, with few amount of herb (0,3--0,5g) or not?
About convection, I red in several websites that is better, because the heat isn't in only one point, but all around the single pieces.

Sto.Oned,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Heh 0.5g is about 5 loads for me, so not what I would call a "few amount" lol.

For convection vs conduction there is no winner. Both have pros and cons and I like both depending on situation.

Sto.Oned

So that means that with few amount you get stoned! 5loads means that you can get stoned 5times?
I heard about a not so intense stone, is it true?

Sto.Oned,
Top Bottom