Pen Storm Vaporizer

acnoai

Hello, I bought the Storm to have a Vaporizer on the go. However, so far I have not been able to get any vapor from my (Moroccan) hashish. I crumbled a few little pieces into the (titan) resin capsule and hit it on the highest temperature. The hash melted and bubbled away, but other than that nothing happened. I was able to get a little taste but NO visible clouds whatsoever. My Arizer Air gives me very decent clouds for about 30min with the same amount. I'm not expecting the Storm to perform on the same level, but this is quite disappointing.

Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong? From what I can tell the unit heats up properly, the mouthpiece (rubber) gets very very hot, so I'm guessing temperature wise its working fine.

Thank you all for reading and possibly saving my day. :)

Carl Hempel

Hello, I bought the Storm to have a Vaporizer on the go. However, so far I have not been able to get any vapor from my (Moroccan) hashish. I crumbled a few little pieces into the (titan) resin capsule and hit it on the highest temperature. The hash melted and bubbled away, but other than that nothing happened. I was able to get a little taste but NO visible clouds whatsoever. My Arizer Air gives me very decent clouds for about 30min with the same amount. I'm not expecting the Storm to perform on the same level, but this is quite disappointing.

Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong? From what I can tell the unit heats up properly, the mouthpiece (rubber) gets very very hot, so I'm guessing temperature wise its working fine.

Thank you all for reading and possibly saving my day. :)

are you using the capsule that came with it, the one with the cotton in? I found that one only really works with oils & not hashes. If you get the resin capsule @VapeFiend.com have with just the mesh screen at the bottom, crumble your hash & preheat the Storm to max temp & let it heat soak it will work much better :science:

the resin capsule has better air flow and seems to get hotter probably imo as it doesn't have the cotton. You won't get loads of vapour from hash like you would with flowers though but you should feel it :p

Greenfinger53

Please guys, let me know as soon as possible, I would like to quit joints...

I think you are getting to the point that you just need to try a vape and see. I get very high with my Xmax v2 pro (an identical vape) from not a lot of bud.

Team it up with a d-020D glass rig from dhgate and you'll be on to a winner for not a lot of money

acnoai

are you using the capsule that came with it, the one with the cotton in? I found that one only really works with oils & not hashes. If you get the resin capsule @VapeFiend.com have with just the mesh screen at the bottom, crumble your hash & preheat the Storm to max temp & let it heat soak it will work much better :science:

the resin capsule has better air flow and seems to get hotter probably imo as it doesn't have the cotton. You won't get loads of vapour from hash like you would with flowers though but you should feel it :p

Thanks a lot for this. Just ordered one.

@Sto.Oned

I get a lot higher with a vapo, my friends are not that into it though. But they are regular cigarette smokers anyway. It really depends on personal preference, just give it a try. Your body will reward you within days.

Sto.Oned

Hi guys, thank you all for the precious advices.
Yesterday arrived my storm : I'm very satisfied, nice smell, nice stone, good quantity of vapor, a very affordable item.
But of course there are some cons :
-bubbler is nothing special. Ok the vapor is freshier, but I don't find this big need, with a combustion bong is an improvement, but for vaporizing the glass tip is already perfect.
-the heat is the biggest and probably the only problem in the storm itself, because already with green light (normal) the heat is very high also on the bottom side of the item. So for this heat, and for the fact that the herb /weed is very quickly toasted with purple /white color, and the smell is quickly destroyed too,. I never use them (except maybe for the last two shots).
-after 4 empty session and 4-5 normal sessions, a light plastic smell still comes out, probably more on highest tempratures. It should definitely goes away soon, or is better to do some improvement?

I can say all these things after 8 sessions with 2 low /normal weed (no Holland or high thc, but still nice flavor).

Then, this nice toy make me wondering about two improvements :
- a cork cover (rectangle with flip off), I think this is the best material, considering the heat. But I'm not sure if a rolled cork can easily crack or wear out. What do you suggest?
- last small thing, a better funnel, smaller with a larger hole. So it's quickly to fill the chamber.and clean the step before it. But I'm not sure it's easy to find something like that xD... Maybe is easier melting a piece of plastic around a plastic ring.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
- last small thing, a better funnel, smaller with a larger hole. So it's quickly to fill the chamber.and clean the step before it. But I'm not sure it's easy to find something like that xD... Maybe is easier melting a piece of plastic around a plastic ring.

Yes it's one of my bigger complain about this nice little conduction vape! In this aspect the Focus is better since the top of the bowl is inverted cône shaped to make loading easier (like the T-vape also).

Imho plastic taste doesn't last long, a good way to avoid the plastic taste from the rubber mouthpiece is to soak it/whip it in iso you used to clean your parts(containing reclaim). The other taste is only coming from the box/foam and will dissipate quickly. Although I know some members reported a plastic taste....not me.

norower

Hi all

I would greatly like to thank to whole Vapefriend team but especially to Adam from Customer Service for their profesional attitude towards the client. I would even say it was beyond profesional, they really made me feel like an important person.
I have never seen a company that cares that much about their customers, even though they new i bought the unit elsewhere, even though it wasnt a high level price item.

Few weeks ago i posted here about my issues with a Storm unit. In few hours time Adam contacted me and we started our conversation that lasted for tenths of mails. He guided me through the whole claiming process. He answered my every mail within minutes time, even it probably after their working ours.
I sent them my unit, they checked it very quickly, found the issue, and the very next day they shipped brand new one. And now i'm enjoying vaping again :)

So, thank you Vapefriend! You have a fan in me.

Orestis

Hello guys,
Picture_1.jpg

I tried today to use hash for the first time with my Storm Vaporizer. It did a really good job for the first time.
When I tried to clean the steel wax chamber i removed the screen and I realised there was a little rope below, do you know what is it for?

Orestis,

VapeFiend.com

Retailer
Hi all

I would greatly like to thank to whole Vapefriend team but especially to Adam from Customer Service for their profesional attitude towards the client. I would even say it was beyond profesional, they really made me feel like an important person.
I have never seen a company that cares that much about their customers, even though they new i bought the unit elsewhere, even though it wasnt a high level price item.

Few weeks ago i posted here about my issues with a Storm unit. In few hours time Adam contacted me and we started our conversation that lasted for tenths of mails. He guided me through the whole claiming process. He answered my every mail within minutes time, even it probably after their working ours.
I sent them my unit, they checked it very quickly, found the issue, and the very next day they shipped brand new one. And now i'm enjoying vaping again :)

So, thank you Vapefriend! You have a fan in me.

Thanks so much for this lovely message! I'm so glad that we were able to help you out.

Hello guys,
Picture_1.jpg

I tried today to use hash for the first time with my Storm Vaporizer. It did a really good job for the first time.
When I tried to clean the steel wax chamber i removed the screen and I realised there was a little rope below, do you know what is it for?

This is the cotton wicking material, it is intended to soak up any liquified oil so that it doesn't spill into your pocket or bag. You can take it out to soak it in alcohol or replace with some fresh, organic cotton wick.

VapeFiend.com,

Sto.Oned

Hi, the only 2 cons that I find after 3 month of usage are:
1- the mesh in the drip tip quickly blocks the airflow with the oil (2 weeks max). I used a mesh 400 but it's too thin. Which kind of mesh do you regret for a longer usage, maybe a 500 or more?
2- The chamber is totally brown. i tried with alcohol and a cotton but it lightly clean it up, how to improove the cleaning? Then, the mesh on the bottom part of the chamber, scratched with a screwdiver release some black dust, then on the bottom of the mesh there's something melted, how can I remove that part for cleaning it properly?

Thank you!

Sto.Oned,
Reactions: PPN

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi, the only 2 cons that I find after 3 month of usage are:
1- the mesh in the drip tip quickly blocks the airflow with the oil (2 weeks max). I used a mesh 400 but it's too thin. Which kind of mesh do you regret for a longer usage, maybe a 500 or more?
2- The chamber is totally brown. i tried with alcohol and a cotton but it lightly clean it up, how to improove the cleaning? Then, the mesh on the bottom part of the chamber, scratched with a screwdiver release some black dust, then on the bottom of the mesh there's something melted, how can I remove that part for cleaning it properly?

Thank you!
Personnaly I don't bother me too much with cleaning, my chamber is brown too.... and still taste nice enough! I think if you want to get it white again you need to heat it and try to clean it (inverted) with an alcohol swab while still hot, a metal tool to scrap the build up could help but be carefull to don't damage the ceramic.

About the mouthpiece , did you get the new one with improved airflow or maybe the glass mouthpiece? since you speak about a screen I think it is one of them cause the original mouthpiece didn't get any screen but a plate with several holes drilled and was quickly clogged. The better is to clean your mouthpiece screen right after the session while still hot, sometimes I blow in the (hot) mouthpiece in order to pull out the resin excess (this is was working very well with the original mouthpiece design). Although you will need a proper cleaning a lot before your 500 sessions goal, take it out and soak it in iso, scrap or soak the silicon/glass mp too.

PPN,

VapeFiend.com

Retailer
If using oil, I actually take the screen out of the mouthpiece- there's not really any need for it with oil, it just gets clogged.

VapeFiend.com,

Sto.Oned

Hi, I tried empty heat but the mesh on the bottom of the chamber is still black, melted. Can I remove it some in way and replace or clean it?

Sto.Oned,

VapeFiend.com

Retailer
Hi, I tried empty heat but the mesh on the bottom of the chamber is still black, melted. Can I remove it some in way and replace or clean it?

The mesh is not stuck to the chamber with anything: if it is stuck there, it is stuck by oily residue from your herbs. So I would recommend heating the vaporizer a little bit, then using the provided tweezers or a toothpick or something to pick it out. You can then replace it- spare screens are included in the box, or you can buy the Storm Screen Pack seperately

FlyingDane

I did it like this:

After 8 month and 400+ sessions I changed the bottom screen for the first time yesterday. Airflow didn’t really seem affected by the build up under the screen, but when I draw forcefully with an empty oven I got dust and small particles in my mouth, so it was time to do something. :suspicious:

A post in the Xmax thread suggested to use a strong needle for the job. First needle broke and I found a little more sturdy tool in my wife's sewing stuff. A little pushing, nudging and tweaking loosened up the screen, and once loose it was easy to pull out. :)

4gwwho0.jpg

The bottom screen was heavily clogged with some very solid residue, but only between the 5 air intake holes. I tried to scrape it off, but it felt like it was partly carbonized, and with 6 extra bottom screens I just ditched it.

0Mdtz8v.jpg

The oven was strongly discolored in beautiful spacey brownish colors and never ISO washed before. Under the bottom screen the metal plate was partly covered by dark dust.

LXoTOBN.jpg

The bottom metal plate was easily cleaned by an ISO sweep with a cotton swab, but the ISO cleaning only resolved a very thin layer of gunk off the oven surface, and didn't change the discoloration of the ceramics. The scratch is from pushing the new screen in place.

One of the thing I love most about the Storm is the quick and easy maintenance. :tup:

I'm a little over 800 sessions on the Storm now and haven't changed the bottom screen since.

Schroedinger

Sober and stoned
Hi,
I cleaned the chamber after 4 months of heavy use similar to the procedure shown above. I got rid of the discoloration using a fine steel wool. Looks like new now.

Schroedinger,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
My Storm, close 2 years old (initial test/review unit), is showing some bad signs but still usable, except when I use a fully charged battery, the unit always start to blink red before to shutoff itself, it can happens 1 to 3 times before to start heating normally.... the colder it is, more it happens... the battery is not so old (replaced the original one with a few Samsung's) and still in good shape.

All in all it's a pretty good longlife for a cheap device, I estimate I run around 2000 heating cycles on this vape!
In comparison the Imag vapes I used (3 versions) was all dead after a 6 months to 1 year longlife, the same(1 year) for my original X-Max.

Schroedinger

Sober and stoned
Does anyone else have issues with the device randomly going off by itself when carried around (in the storm case)? I have experienced this a couple of times.

Schroedinger,

Orestis

Hello everyone, today I received my new bubbler mouthpiece... its perfect and it gives great hits.. It may look stupid but i have trouble getting out all the water when I clean it and it looks like this... any ideas how to get it all out?
GetAttachmentThumbnail

Orestis,

Schroedinger

Sober and stoned
Hello everyone, today I received my new bubbler mouthpiece... its perfect and it gives great hits.. It may look stupid but i have trouble getting out all the water when I clean it and it looks like this... any ideas how to get it all out?
GetAttachmentThumbnail
Just blow into it (detached from the vape, of course). To clean it put some drops of iso into the opening at the bottom and shake it for a minute or so. Then blow it out and rinse (you can blow it into a glass bowl and let the iso dissipate if you want to reclaim some resin).

Schroedinger,
Top Bottom