Sticky Brick Labs Vaporizer

cpk

Brother of the Leaf
Yes the OG screen clogs up really fast. The OG was my daily driver for years. I am enjoying waxes out here for great prices so flower consumption has declined. The OG was the hardest hitting of all my vapes. I have a couple of other bricks that are just beautiful too look at and occasionally use.

shervin2

The Two-Click Bowlshevik & Sticksimus Briximus
Yes the OG screen clogs up really fast. The OG was my daily driver for years. I am enjoying waxes out here for great prices so flower consumption has declined. The OG was the hardest hitting of all my vapes. I have a couple of other bricks that are just beautiful too look at and occasionally use.

Absolutely. Someone needs to perfect the sticky brick pathway and design something easier to clean or atleast not as cloggy.

The instant convection air from a nice hot torch and it's pathway are key in the design of this vape and is world's above anything else in the dry herb vape world.

We've invented the combustion engine of Vapes, now how do we get it into the 21st century???

cpk

Brother of the Leaf
Something's are better left alone. You just buy a 100 pk of screens from amz and just switch them out. Bristle brush the mouthpiece and your golden. That's the beauty of this beast.

SquanchKava

It would be cool if they could put a large mouthpiece on the Runt or re-design the OG to have the bottom herb chamber block come right off like the Runt does.

Does anyone run thr OG without that little O-ring and metal sleeve?I guess pressure or vape would get lost or it wouldn't line up. Would be cool to pull the herb camber block off an of without taking off the flame intake block.

I am curious to try a Hydrobrick with the dry mouthpiece. I wonder if the screen clogs up fast in that one. The Runt took a while to clog up.

SquanchKava,

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
Which SB would you recommend for someone who prioritizes both flavor and cool vapor (with the option to use with water)?

Monk Debate,

flammy

Which SB would you recommend for someone who prioritizes both flavor and cool vapor (with the option to use with water)?

I would recommend the Maxx for that usage. Via a whip (parts included), you can connect a Maxx to a water piece easily or even just mount a hydratube. Also, the longer air path is similar to the OG and provides for cool vapor without water IMO.

I personally prefer the Jr. since I like a little bite in the back of my throat when using my brick. I pick mine up when that's the type of hit I'm looking for. The Jr. plus WPA is really nice too but natively the Maxx will produce cooler vapor.

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
I would recommend the Maxx for that usage. Via a whip (parts included), you can connect a Maxx to a water piece easily or even just mount a hydratube. Also, the longer air path is similar to the OG and provides for cool vapor without water IMO.

I personally prefer the Jr. since I like a little bite in the back of my throat when using my brick. I pick mine up when that's the type of hit I'm looking for. The Jr. plus WPA is really nice too but natively the Maxx will produce cooler vapor.

Thanks! I was looking at the Maxx the other day. It would also give me an excuse to get a hydratube...

Monk Debate,

nonamekevin

Absolutely. Someone needs to perfect the sticky brick pathway and design something easier to clean or atleast not as cloggy.

The instant convection air from a nice hot torch and it's pathway are key in the design of this vape and is world's above anything else in the dry herb vape world.

We've invented the combustion engine of Vapes, now how do we get it into the 21st century???
I'd love to get a discussion about how the brick can be improved! It's something that I think about regularly.

The simplest way to make the brick easier to clean out would be to drill the air path through all the way. Instead of 1 cork, you'd have to use 2. But, it would allow you to get a pipe cleaner or paper towel through it much easier.

If people are interested in discussing, I'm down for the collaboration. Let's get some ideas going, scrutinize thoroughly, and see what sticks!

SquanchKava

I am curious about the new Flipp Brick too. It looks bigger. I still have the Maxx dry mouthpiece and adapters I used with the Runt. And I thought of maybe getting another Runt. Or getting a Junior or maybe a Hydrobrick to use with the Maxx dry mouthpiece or other glass. But when I watch videos of folks using rhe Hydrobrick it looks like it is awkward to hold on to and use. I wonder if the new Flip Brick would make a nice, easy to hold Mini Hydrobrick. If it is easy to hold.

Does the herb chamber on the Flip Brick come completely off or only flops to the side? Hard to tell if it would be hard to clean out and reload the herb chamber block on it.

Last edited:
SquanchKava,

nonamekevin

I am curious about the new Flipp Brick too. It looks bigger. I still have the Maxx dry mouthpiece and adapters I used with the Runt. And I thought of maybe getting another Runt. Or getting a Junior or maybe a Hydrobrick to use with the Maxx dry mouthpiece or other glass. But when I watch videos of folks using rhe Hydrobrick it looks like it is awkward to hold on to and use. I wonder if the new Flip Brick would make a nice, easy to hold Mini Hydrobrick. If it is easy to hold.

Does the herb chamber on the Flip Brick come completely off or only flops to the side? Hard to tell if it would be hard to clean out and reload the herb chamber block on it.
The previous flip was held together by magnets only, so the herb chamber could detach from both the intake and adaptor ends. Can't imagine that sticky bricks change that part of the flip.

Bumping Spheda

Thoughts on a flip brick + ultimate cooling stem from ddave mods setup? Should I just go with a bent Maxx mouthpiece for the extra airflow? Both mouthpieces would fit the flip, right?

Bumping Spheda,

MAbud

Is there a good tutorial video on usage? I’ll admit I tried mine 4-5 times and couldn’t get a decent hit so it’s sat in a drawer for probably a year or so. But I see people continue to rave and feel like I’d like to give it another shot

MAbud,
Reactions: Poostuff

Poostuff

Please delete
There are heaps of videos but you’re not the only one having problems @MAbud
I bought the Runt this year & I can’t get any decent vapor from it. Tried different torches & methods. I either combusted or just breathed lighter fluid.
I’m glad others like it but I’ve written it off as not the vape for me.

Poostuff,

nonamekevin

If you haven't already put the "restrictor" disc in @Poostuff and @MAbud . It's misnamed because it doesn't really restrict anything except combusting. It allows you to get it hotter without the flame hitting your product. Much much better.
+1 for the disk. Throw the disk in, turn up the single flame, and let us know.

nonamekevin,
Reactions: Poostuff

SquanchKava

Man I screwed up and put a crack in my bent flame intake glass. It was so windy yesterday out on my porch where I vape that my single flame wouldn't work. I pulled out my triple flame vetigo lighters I use with my Dynvaps thinking that would beat the wind. I guess it was too much flame on the intake and made a hairline crack. No biggy as I already ordered a replacement, but lesson learned and I will stick to a single flame now on. And also to just pull out the RBT Splinter when the wind is howling. On the drive home from work all I think about is having a session with the OG as it takes you there so fast and is my woobie, comfort vape. A piece of art that gives off cool and tasty vapor, feels so nice in hand, and is so cathartic to operate. I will just have to adjust which vape to use for the weather.
I am curious now how Sticky Bricks work outside in cold weather or is that too much temperature change on the glass. Maybe I should pick up a non-glass Vaporgenie or Lotus for the wind and cold weather days. The Dynvaps and induction heater and the Flowermate are in the wind proof vape arsenal but they just don't have the Sticky Brick or Splinter potency. The Sticky Brick efficiency has spoilled me.

almost there

Man I screwed up and put a crack in my bent flame intake glass. It was so windy yesterday out on my porch where I vape that my single flame wouldn't work. I pulled out my triple flame vetigo lighters I use with my Dynvaps thinking that would beat the wind. I guess it was too much flame on the intake and made a hairline crack. No biggy as I already ordered a replacement, but lesson learned and I will stick to a single flame now on. And also to just pull out the RBT Splinter when the wind is howling. On the drive home from work all I think about is having a session with the OG as it takes you there so fast and is my woobie, comfort vape. A piece of art that gives off cool and tasty vapor, feels so nice in hand, and is so cathartic to operate. I will just have to adjust which vape to use for the weather.
I am curious now how Sticky Bricks work outside in cold weather or is that too much temperature change on the glass. Maybe I should pick up a non-glass Vaporgenie or Lotus for the wind and cold weather days. The Dynvaps and induction heater and the Flowermate are in the wind proof vape arsenal but they just don't have the Sticky Brick or Splinter potency. The Sticky Brick efficiency has spoilled me.
I don't think the blame falls on the triple torch. I do all my vaping outside no matter how extreme the weather is and only ever use a single torch. A hairline crack developed in my flipbrick intake after a year of solid use so it's a matter of time I would say. There hasn't been any changes in performance with the crack so I never bothered replacing it, still using it like that without any problems.

cpk

Brother of the Leaf
It is pretty hard to combust with a restrictor disk. I really had to try to make it combust. These should just be a training aide until you get a feel for it. In fact it could be that you have been using the disk and the hits aren't that strong due to your improved ability. Remove the disk and see your improvement. I like the single flame Scorchie for my bricks.

Poostuff

Please delete
If you haven't already put the "restrictor" disc in @Poostuff and @MAbud . It's misnamed because it doesn't really restrict anything except combusting. It allows you to get it hotter without the flame hitting your product. Much much better.
Mine came with the restrictor disk, I’ve used it both with & without the disk & with S&B capsules, different torches, flame sizes, angles & packs.
I seem to get a little flavour from the torches when I try for lower temperatures & then hot spot scorch or combust when I go higher. I’ve had plenty of time to play with it but got a bit frustrated & annoyed with myself for not getting it right.
I like the Lotus & on occasions use Dynavaps & a Vapman. I can use torch powered vapes but this one has a technique I just haven’t mastered yet.
I’m not thrilled with the torch in the airpath but was happy to use this from time to time if I could get the vapor I’m after. I really like the usage videos I’ve seen so I haven’t completely given up yet.

Poostuff,

shervin2

The Two-Click Bowlshevik & Sticksimus Briximus
Get yourself a bent intake, I think it makes it much easier to learn.

Agreed, bent intake with disc are the sticky brick training wheels, impossible to mess up, nice smooth hits.

Anyhow, regarding experimentation I've done recently.. the bottom half of the SB dosing cups fits nicely into the bottom of the OG hopper, and with a small flame with disc installed, I can get nice flavored and controlled hits. It allows much more air to go through, thus allowing you to modulate airflow with your pull, get it down nicely and you can unlock the true potential of the sticky brick.

Also make sure to use a medium grind and clean regularly... you'll see...

Last edited:

JPE

Agreed, bent intake with disc are the sticky brick training wheels, impossible to mess up, nice smooth hits.

Anyhow, regarding experimentation I've done recently.. the bottom half of the SB dosing cups fits nicely into the bottom of the OG hopper, and with a small flame with disc installed, I can get nice flavored and controlled hits. It allows much more air to go through, thus allowing you to modulate airflow with your pull, get it down nicely and you can unlock the true potential of the sticky brick.

Also make sure to use a medium grind and clean regularly... you'll see...
Just tried this, I agree with your findings. Only thing is the S&B capsule holes make a lot more material go through the screen. Causing my OG glass mouth piece to build up a lot more particulate.

I really do enjoy the different airflow profile it provides over the normal screen. I definitely prefer it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom