Sticky Brick Labs Vaporizer

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Still lovin' my Maxx! I'm perfectly happy with my straight intake & no restrictor disk.
I love manual vapes like this, as they allow me to customize my experience to anything from tasty light vaping that I can sip on for a while, to white-walling my hydra tube and exhaling clouds, extracting a full bowl in a few hits..

It's also one of the most genuinely flavor preserving vapes that I've used when using with a standard dry-mouthpiece.

SquanchKava

So I stopped grinding and switched to breaking off chunks of bud. It definitely seems to prolong the screen use, which makes me think my grinders are producing too fine a grind for the Sticky Brick. I ordered a Brulliant Cut Grinder with the course plate to see how that will do for the OG. I do use those loghted tweezers to pinch up the herb in the chamber and that seems to look similar to the grind that the BCG course plate does.

@Ramas is it easy to hold the Maxx in one hand with the Maxx dry mouthpirce or do you sit it on the desk to operate it?

SquanchKava,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
So I stopped grinding and switched to breaking off chunks of bud. It definitely seems to prolong the screen use, which makes me think my grinders are producing too fine a grind for the Sticky Brick. I ordered a Brulliant Cut Grinder with the course plate to see how that will do for the OG. I do use those loghted tweezers to pinch up the herb in the chamber and that seems to look similar to the grind that the BCG course plate does.

@Ramas is it easy to hold the Maxx in one hand with the Maxx dry mouthpirce or do you sit it on the desk to operate it?
I guess it is the one higher maintenance thing about my og. I just pry the screen out and torch it occasionally. It only takes a minute and it worked fine a bunch of times before I switched to a new screen. This is with the BCG medium plate. I've never used my vapes with broken up rather than ground weed.

SquanchKava

I guess it is the one higher maintenance thing about my og. I just pry the screen out and torch it occasionally. It only takes a minute and it worked fine a bunch of times before I switched to a new screen. This is with the BCG medium plate. I've never used my vapes with broken up rather than ground weed.

I don't know why but I have a devil off a time centering the screen in the herb chamber of the OG. It was so simple to do in the Runt but it gives me grief with the OG. Getting it out is very simple but putting it back in gives me grief. I bought a 50 pack of high quality 5/8 screens but I am thinking of jumping up to 3/4 screens to see if that makes centering them in place easier. But then I worry about removing them or scratching up the wood.

SquanchKava,

shervin2

The Two-Click Bowlshevik & Sticksimus Briximus
Just tried this, I agree with your findings. Only thing is the S&B capsule holes make a lot more material go through the screen. Causing my OG glass mouth piece to build up a lot more particulate.

I really do enjoy the different airflow profile it provides over the normal screen. I definitely prefer it.

Yup, it allows more gunk through, which is why you'll need a medium grind, just not super fine enough to let everything through. This method again is just a workaround. The inherent design of this vape lends it to being eventually perfected, because the source of the flame is such a wide variable, that getting the right method down every time, for every user and experience, is virtually impossible.

It needs to be tinkered with to get it down just right, someone out there must have the R&D to do this. Lose the user error and variables and come up with a neat package like a mighty and voila.

It'll be a worthwhile venture as I think you'll create a product that is pretty much perfect for the enthusiast.

Bumping Spheda

The inherent design of this vape lends it to being eventually perfected, because the source of the flame is such a wide variable, that getting the right method down every time, for every user and experience, is virtually impossible.

It needs to be tinkered with to get it down just right, someone out there must have the R&D to do this. Lose the user error and variables and come up with a neat package like a mighty and voila.

It'll be a worthwhile venture as I think you'll create a product that is pretty much perfect for the enthusiast.
I was wondering why an all-in-one SB package hadn't been created yet. Something with the perfect jet flame source that's permanently situated the perfect distance from the intake (possibly variable distance with a thumb screw or something) that was isolated from wind inside the unit, little flip switch on the side to kick the flame on and viola. Plus the butane storage tank could be fairly large in something like that, I'd imagine. Only problem is what if you cough into the unit or what if you turn the flame on without inhaling? Could be dangerous, maybe, Idrk.

Bumping Spheda,

shervin2

I was wondering why an all-in-one SB package hadn't been created yet. Something with the perfect jet flame source that's permanently situated the perfect distance from the intake (possibly variable distance with a thumb screw or something) that was isolated from wind inside the unit, little flip switch on the side to kick the flame on and viola. Plus the butane storage tank could be fairly large in something like that, I'd imagine. Only problem is what if you cough into the unit or what if you turn the flame on without inhaling? Could be dangerous, maybe, Idrk.

I don't think it would sell super well or be a mainstream product, but something to reach the apex without having to combust, basically a "pro" device, so it'll be janky in some areas.

I wish I had cad or manufacturing experience, but know nothing on how to mock one up. I think someone here has more resources and could possibly draw something up, maybe perhaps 3d printed, just to see.

Wouldn't power it via butane, but something that would force convection air in the same manner that butane does. If a workaround for the power source can't be figured out, this idea won't get traction.

shervin2,

shervin2

Not butane powered? So now we're talking Milaana or Tubo heating styles?

Don't have experience with either the two. We will need forced convection, so that involves either a fan or propellant, butane can't be relied on in a handheld package for user variable reasons.

I don't think either the two units have forced air convection, stemming from inside their operating shell.

If someone can put together a prototype of the aforementioned source to a sticky brick, we can go from there and scale it to whatever size possible.

Forced air convection is why the volcano is popular and why it's such a go to device, the sticky brick mimicks that with the butane + draw and modulating the air hole, but with INSTANT perfect convection air flame. It's a lot more complicated than it should be to get what seems to be better vapor and taste than anything else in the market.

If only the 510 boxes had some type of fan to push the heat...

Last edited:
shervin2,

SquanchKava

This Verigo Serpent lighter is really awesome for Sticky Bricks. I can get vapor on the socond inhale if I push it. But a nice smoother inhale if I leave it a little farther away from the intake on the third inhale. I guess it this wider single glame on it. Fits really nice in the hand and seems to have a large tank. I Used it the last two days and my favortir torch so far I bought. It definitley gives me better control and more consistant hits. I go for the medium sized hits that are the cooest on the throat but it does those extra long hits too. I imagine without a restrictor disc I could get vapor on the first inhale but that would be being way up close to the intake. I have a Scorch on the way but thing I finally found my Sticky Brick torch.
https://www.amazon.com/Vertigo-Serpent-Single-Torch-Lighter/dp/B07BKQ4HNT

Ramahs

Yeah, I don't use a super-fine grind in my Brick. I go with a proper medium grind. And, like @bossman said, I just pull out my screen and torch it when it gets dirty. It only takes a minute.

I pretty much never put it on the table. It's always in my palm when I hit it. It's actually smaller than you might expect just from the pics you've seen. And when it's in my palm, it's in the perfect position to work the carb with my forefinger.

Here's a quick pic I just took of it in my palm:
IMG-1384.jpg

Last edited:

Bumping Spheda

Don't have experience with either the two. We will need forced convection, so that involves either a fan or propellant, butane can't be relied on in a handheld package for user variable reasons.

I don't think either the two units have forced air convection, stemming from inside their operating shell.

If someone can put together a prototype of the aforementioned source to a sticky brick, we can go from there and scale it to whatever size possible.

Forced air convection is why the volcano is popular and why it's such a go to device, the sticky brick mimicks that with the butane + draw and modulating the air hole, but with INSTANT perfect convection air flame. It's a lot more complicated than it should be to get what seems to be better vapor and taste than anything else in the market.

If only the 510 boxes had some type of fan to push the heat...
You could build a custom fan with enclosure for this. The short mouthpiece could go right into the flame intake of a SB product. I think that's what you're aiming for.

Bumping Spheda,

Ramahs

You could build a custom fan with enclosure for this. The short mouthpiece could go right into the flame intake of a SB product. I think that's what you're aiming for.

Maybe with some small air-pump, like a fish tank air pump?

Ramahs,

nonamekevin

Looked a little more closely at my SBrunt based on some ideas presented here. For those of you that have the restrictor disk in, do you have it with the threaded "nipple" portion pointing toward the herb, or pointing up toward the flame intake? SBL website says that some of the older models might have to point the disk up, but I wonder. Has anyone run it both ways yet and seen any difference in performance?

Interested to hear from the fellow disk users.

nonamekevin,

SquanchKava

Looked a little more closely at my SBrunt based on some ideas presented here. For those of you that have the restrictor disk in, do you have it with the threaded "nipple" portion pointing toward the herb, or pointing up toward the flame intake? SBL website says that some of the older models might have to point the disk up, but I wonder. Has anyone run it both ways yet and seen any difference in performance?

Interested to hear from the fellow disk users.

On my Runt I faced the nipple down towards the herb chamber. When I got the OG the hole was too small and I had to point the nipple inside the intake. It sort of bothered me for no good reason other than wanting it flush against the wood with the nipple seated in the hole. But it works the same. I seem to get vapor starting on my third small inhale on the OG nipple up as with the nipple down on the Runt. It is a little hard to take the intake in and out as you have to center it in the intake

Last edited:

nonamekevin

My sesh was not awesome tonight. I flipped the restrictor disk to see if there was much difference, but I also fucked up and ground my herb pretty fine. Took way too many draws to get any real vapor, and I had to draw very slow. I think the fine herb made a true comparison between nipple up or down not possible.

I'll try tomorrow with a medium grind.

nonamekevin,
Reactions: YayVap

SquanchKava

It takes some three hits to get visible vapor?
One of the things I love about my sticky brick is that I can full, thick vapor from the first hit!

Yes, the third inhale is when I see vapor. So then I let just a little out so I can then do a deep, fast inhale. But I just take several small inhale pulls and don't try to bury the torch too much. I am also using the restrictor disc. I am not one of those guys who goes for massive, hot clouds. I am trying to get medium sized, cool as possible clouds. If I bury the torch more on the first inhale I do get vapor. The vapor always seems too hot on my throat for me when I get a fast cloud by burying the torch. It definitely is my technique though as it was exactly the same amount of pulls with the Runt that I had before the OG.

Last edited:
SquanchKava,

YayVap

I think all of the ideas to make stickies consistent hitters are great and toward a noble cause but what makes these vapes unique is the ability for the user to hit it the way they want. Kind of like everyone hits a bowl their own way without having specific instructions. Make no mistake I struggled to find my technique. There is a post in here from me complaining and expressing my post purchase depression because I couldn't get the results i wanted. @nonamekevin suggested I try the disc again and i haven't taken it out since. It's possible to combust but it's not easy and the extra indirect heat helps with not only big hits but also with super flavor. I use a different single flame torch and I like it better. When I don't get a good hit i know the screen is clogged or the pathway from the bowl to the mouthpiece is clogging up. I'm not careful grinding and I probably grind some too fine which contributes to the clogs im sure like some of you mentioned. Practice certainly makes perfect or closer to it at least when it comes to getting your favorite technique figured out. I'm not saying anyone is wrong i just think these vapes have a wide range of user options, which I personally like....a lot.
@Ramahs I use that exact same way with my Maxx. It's intuitive for me to use it like that and it fits my hand perfectly. I haven't used a hydratube or any other water pipe with my Maxx yet so I don't know how it will change holding it.

Last edited:

Exsmoker

Plant Manager
I finally got to open my birthday gift from my wife; a shiny new SB Runt with WPA! Thanks to you guys, the YouTube videos and the restrictor disc, I had success right off the bat, no combustion, no scorching and big hits. Then I tried it with my bubbler and liked it even more, as I'm a water guy. I was using my mildest herb to experiment with, but still got lit up like a Christmas tree - almost too high, and it took a long time to abate. This little sucker packs a punch! I love my Runt. :D

Last edited:

lazylathe

Almost there...
I have finally joined the group!!!
Saw a trade come up for a Sticky Brick OG with straight stem and the owner was interested in a FireFly 2 etc... I had one in a drawer from a former trade as well as FF 1 that i threw in.

Butane and I do not get along unless it's combustion, which hardly ever happens anymore.
The first few bowls were roasty, toasty on the verge of combustion with hot spots...
No good in my opinion, so I set it down and remembered the new restrictor plates!
Had a quick online search and saw their function and thought a simple SS screen would also do the trick.
Turns out it works like a charm!!!

This vape hits hard and fast and the flavor is absolutely amazing!!
I do find that i need to block the lower hole and 90% block the top hole for good hits.

Hoping for another hot, sunny day tomorrow to love up the wood! Let the sun soak the natural polish in and then shine her up good!

@StickyBricks
Have you tried widening out the exit hole from the flame on that piece?
Where the hot air exits from the top part? May cause a more even area of hot air.
Would be interesting to know if this has been tried before!

lazylathe

Almost there...
Lost the screen I was using under the flame intake...
Discovered that a Herbalizer oil pad fits in there perfectly!
Takes a bit more heat to get going but no scorching just massive clouds!

Tried some mediocre herb and it's effects are amazing!
Taste is garbage but that is the herb and no fault of the vape.

I will be buying some restrictor plates to test as well.

So for the past 2 days only the SB OG has been used...
Pretty amazing stuff with all the stuff in front of me!

nonamekevin

Lost the screen I was using under the flame intake...
Discovered that a Herbalizer oil pad fits in there perfectly!
Takes a bit more heat to get going but no scorching just massive clouds!

Tried some mediocre herb and it's effects are amazing!
Taste is garbage but that is the herb and no fault of the vape.

I will be buying some restrictor plates to test as well.

So for the past 2 days only the SB OG has been used...
Pretty amazing stuff with all the stuff in front of me!
Welcome aboard @lazylathe! Using the screens or oil pads is doing the same thing as the restrictor disk, so youre on the right path my friend. Not sure what lighter you're using, but a couple of us who use the disk use a larger lighter or multi flame torch. Speeds the process up further and really let's you see the full potential of this vape.

lazylathe

Almost there...
Welcome aboard @lazylathe! Using the screens or oil pads is doing the same thing as the restrictor disk, so youre on the right path my friend. Not sure what lighter you're using, but a couple of us who use the disk use a larger lighter or multi flame torch. Speeds the process up further and really let's you see the full potential of this vape.

So far using the oil pad under the flame intake and a Titanium double weave screen under the metal tube is proving to be very effective! Takes a bit longer but the heat is more dispersed.
I have the lower hole permanently closed as well the the top air vent, except to carb it if it starts to get a bit too thick.
I am blown away by how it works so effortlessly! The flavor is just out of this world as well!

I looked into the restrictor discs and they are pretty cheap but add the +-$20 shipping for a $8 item and it's a bit silly...
I have been eying a SB for quite some time, so the time may be soon and then I will order some parts.

Any torch recommendations?
I have the bent neck Honest and 2 straight flame Iroda torches.

Top Bottom