Sticky Brick Labs Vaporizer

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I'm relatively new to SBL vapes and keep coming back to the bent Honest single flame that came with my og. I tried the bent glass intake with some triple and quad torches like some folks here recommend but went back to the Honest single flame and the straight intake. I find slight adjustments to the size of the single flame make a difference.

And I always use the restrictor disk now too. I'm primarily a Splinter and Splinter Z user but the Brick is my heaviest hitter and the flavor and ritual are amazing. Crazy how rapidly it can extract too.

lazylathe

Almost there...
I'm relatively new to SBL vapes and keep coming back to the bent Honest single flame that came with my og. I tried the bent glass intake with some triple and quad torches like some folks here recommend but went back to the Honest single flame and the straight intake. I find slight adjustments to the size of the single flame make a difference.

And I always use the restrictor disk now too. I'm primarily a Splinter and Splinter Z user but the Brick is my heaviest hitter and the flavor and ritual are amazing. Crazy how rapidly it can extract too.

My bent stem arrived today and it is a game changer!
No torch is meant to reliably work upside down that I know of, so the bent stem makes sense.
Also found and filled my old bent neck Honest torch and it is working perfectly!

I am still blown away by the flavor of that first hit!

Unfortunately mine is 2nd hand and the original owner combusted pretty heavily in it.
It does not smell too bad but definitely has that burnt/combustion odor to it.
Any way of getting rid of this smell?

So far I am loving my setup using the Herbalizer oil pad under the flame intake tube and a double weave Titanium screen under the silver tube.
I have the lower air intake blocked 100% of the time.
The upper air hole is blocked until vapor starts to get nice and dense and then I feather it to ride the wave!
A pinch will usually get me 3 to 4 really big rips

I can still get a small round hot spot in the center of the load if I push it a bit too far.
This leads me to believe that countersinking the hot air exit hole will be beneficial.
@StickyBricks can you confirm this would help or not?

StickyBricks

Manufacturer
Hi everybody, it’s been far too long and I intend to be here and posting much more. @lazylathe I’m thinking you might have a slightly older model OG because we do indeed have a larger hole under the flame intake in all of our devices now. With the Restrictor it gave us the option to keep it tight for beginners, but open a very wide path for more experienced users, so we did change the diameter of the intake hole.

As an aside, I have been thinking about doing either a weekly livestream or weekly videos on YouTube answering questions, talking about the building process and the industry as a whole. Any interest?

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Hi everybody, it’s been far too long and I intend to be here and posting much more. @lazylathe I’m thinking you might have a slightly older model OG because we do indeed have a larger hole under the flame intake in all of our devices now. With the Restrictor it gave us the option to keep it tight for beginners, but open a very wide path for more experienced users, so we did change the diameter of the intake hole.

As an aside, I have been thinking about doing either a weekly livestream or weekly videos on YouTube answering questions, talking about the building process and the industry as a whole. Any interest?
It doesn't interest me personally. I use podcasts as my talk radio equivalent. I think it does help as marketing to invite your ig folks for q&a or behind the scenes stuff though. And I do love my limba og!

lazylathe

Almost there...

I think you are correct in thinking that it is an older Brick.
Would you be able to tell me the flame intake holes diameter?
May want to drill it out so that a restrictor disc will fit.

lazylathe,

Tweakz

good day to all people. from Russia with love! a few days ago I received my two models of Runt ang OG. I want to thank all the participants in this most useful forum because of which I chose my bricks. incredible thanks to @StickyBricks , special thanks to product support (Ian). you guys are super! I smoked bong for over 9 years and have been looking for something really epic and effective for so long. I found you now I'm happy, your devices are unearthly.
I still use restrictor disc inside, without it, on 2-3 blows, I almost always combust a little. so with a disk anyway better
This is the best vaporizer I've tried. fabulously! I saw about the Lotus and Dynavap , but stopped at the Sticky brick . Unfortunately, delivery to our country is not cheap, maybe tell me an alternative to your “sticky butter”? I heard about lip balm on reddit. or is it possible to grease some wood oil? thank you in advance

Last edited:

Exsmoker

Plant Manager
Welcome @Tweakz, I’m new to Sticky Bricks as well and I’m also impressed with how powerful and fun these vapes are!

As far as the sticky butter, I believe it is simply a mixture of beeswax and mineral oil. It can easily be made yourself - do a search for “wood butter recipe” or similar on YouTube or the web.

lazylathe

Almost there...
@StickyBricks
Thanks for the dimension. Will most likely leave it small as I really enjoy it now. A Runt or Flip Brick is in my future, so I will get to try the new version!

@cpk Right on Bro! Hits are EPIC with the Brick!

@nonamekevin Last night was pretty good and consistent. Today...not so much!
So i have replaced the double weave titanium screen between the metal tube and exit of the flame intake.
Perfect browing and even across the whole bowl! Perfect!

@Tweakz
Welcome to the vaping community!!
You can use any natural wood oil. I use an edible sald bowl finish made mostly from beeswax for my wood vapes. Smells amazing and makes them shine! Also leaves the wood looking very natural.

Also forgot to upload this one from my BBQ session outside last night!
It's a perfect outdoors vape as long as it's not too windy!
20190925-185305.jpg

And just took these to show the DW Ti screen
20190926-202601.jpg

And here is a fresh bowl of some El Chapo
20190926-202457.jpg

And after one very delicious hit
20190926-202542.jpg

Last edited:

StickyBricks

Manufacturer
I’m glad it’s working for you lazylathe!

We posted the following on a Reddit thread regarding the new (ridiculous) law in Massachusetts:
SBL will have to stop sales to Massachusetts until this is sorted out. As a small company we have no means to fight this ban the way we would like to, but we continue to call our representives, sign petitions, and help keep people informed. We have been communicating with several small companies and stand in alliance with not only our industry but e-cig manufacturers, against these uninformed and ridiculous laws. We encourage you to speak out, call and write your congress people, and get the general public more informed of the actual issues at play. Thanks for your support everyone.

Also, a quick edit to add that nosmoker is right about wood treatments. We make our own butter to make it convenient for those who don’t want to DIY, but any food grade finish will take good care of your bricks. We highly recommend not using any oil or wax that has citrus added as it will go rancid over time.

Last edited:

lazylathe

Almost there...
damn it all the same with restrictor disc calmer. I'm not afraid of combust and the clouds are as big as without it. I won’t take it out anymore. the restrictor disc works wonderfully

If you need to calm it down a bit, add a double screen under the flame intake as i showed above.
Such a nice user experience and more difficult to combust.
You can still get hot spots but they are just surface and produce no smoke.

nonamekevin

If you need to calm it down a bit, add a double screen under the flame intake as i showed above.
Such a nice user experience and more difficult to combust.
You can still get hot spots but they are just surface and produce no smoke.
Even though I have the disk, I've been curious to try your method of screens in the flame intake. Interested to see if there is a noticeable difference.

Decided to bump up the flame size on my triple torch the other day to experiment. The runt responded very well. Had to hold the flame further out, but it felt like I had even more control, and extraction was even faster. I think it was @shervin2 who mentioned that he uses a dab style torch. That might be the next step for me also.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I don’t understand anyone using anything more than a single flame with these bricks. The flame tips are wider than the glass intake when I’ve tried it.

Plus, a single flame is much more precise as to exactly how much heat you want to suck down the heat intake.

nonamekevin

I don’t understand anyone using anything more than a single flame with these bricks. The flame tips are wider than the glass intake when I’ve tried it.

Plus, a single flame is much more precise as to exactly how much heat you want to suck down the heat intake.
My experience, the single flame torch doesn't fill the bowl with evenly heated air. Even with the disk, with a single flame, I sometimes get a hot spot instead of even heat. But with a slow draw and a large flame, I get even heat, and more control. But it might be just the way i figured out how to use the brick. Everyone's tech is slightly different.

My technique video is posted on page 68. Let me know what you do different.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I start out my draw slow. But as soon as I start to see vapor, I ramp up my draw speed a lot.

I haven’t had any issue with hot spots in a long time. My bowls heat fairly evenly with no restrictor disk or anything.

At one point I did try a screen or screens both directly under the glass intake tube, as well as the top of the chamber above the bowl/below the intake tube, but those screens actually caused more hot spots for me, so I haven’t used them since.

nonamekevin

@Ramahs it's interesting you say you had more hot spots after trying two screens as a "flame diffuser" if you will. Was yours the more traditional ss screens or the ones like @lazylathe showed? I've never seen the titanium double weave screens before, but they look cool.

nonamekevin,

lazylathe

Almost there...
I am still on the learning curve but I can get hot spots with and without the Ti screen.
Sometimes the bowl is even others not, technique seems to be the same.
Sometimes rotating the flame around the intake will give me a nice, even roast and other times a hot spot.
My hot spots are only very slight surface darkening and disappears as soon as stirred into the load without changing the color of the entire load.
Still working on big hits without discoloring the load, seems to be pretty hard to consistently do so far.

Unfortunately my OG came from someone who seriously combusted many times in it...
The wood inside is black, bottom of bowl black, metal tube is black ( what colour should it be?) and there is some charring on the larger part as well...Not disclosed before sale either.

So I ordered a 2019 Flip Brick from @Sneaky Pete , the Canadian store!
Should be here this week hopefully or early next week.
Looking forward to seeing if there will be a significant difference in taste and to be able to use my WT again!
Always have that charred taste to hits from combustion does not make for a pleasant experience.

Still having loads of fun and getting seriously baked!
Even with the lack of huge hits, the brick hits super hard!

@nonamekevin
Those screen are from New Vape.

Top Bottom